Photo

Youjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil (Winter 2017 Clubhouse Anime #1)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

episode 6

after finishing this episode i can't remember anything very notable happening :/ (compared to previous episodes)

they went on a new mission on an other front, Being X appeared again just to taunt, and the conflict is further spiraling down to a world war, nothing new from before

more than the previous episodes however, this one had many interesting characters interactions, since now most of the major characters have been completely introduced, so their interactions felt more relevant in this episode

like the meeting of the strategic generals, or Tanya taunting her soldiers into doing their best, those were nice bits

episode 5 was likely too over the top to be topped again

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#22 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,285 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

Being X has no chill for possessing a corpse like that lol....Great action sequences as usual and great moments from Tanya the Savage One

Also, there will be no new episode next week....We're getting a dreaded recap episode instead

• Goddess Nike and Grimmjagger like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#23 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

Being X, being Being X....

#24 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

Tanya is awesome as always and despite having ulterior motives for joining the military she is still a really good leader and tactician. Being X is just... :banghead:

I really hate recap episodes so next week will be a waste, thanks for the heads up Tokoya.

On another note I've finally found someone who has translated the Youjo Shenki shorts.

• Tokoya and Grimmjagger like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#25 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,285 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:19 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Tanya school that idiot general in the meeting room

Great episode as usual and it was definitely worth the extra wait imo....I felt bad for the old dude on the enemy team but hey, when you go against the GOAT, you're pretty much asking to get rekt lol

And man Tanya is just on a whole other level but whats even better is that she gets more savage with each episode....Like this girl not only humiliated that old guy twice, but she took his gun that he got from his cute daughter and is now using it to kill this poor man's countrymen xDDDDD

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#26 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

And man Tanya is just on a whole other level but whats even better is that she gets more savage with each episode....Like this girl not only humiliated that old guy twice, but she took his gun that he got from his cute daughter and is now using it to kill this poor man's countrymen xDDDDD

well, tecnically she's not aware of the story of that rifle she took, so was that being brutal without even realizing?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#27 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,285 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

well, tecnically she's not aware of the story of that rifle she took, so was that being brutal without even realizing?

She saw the initials, she can put 2 and 2 together xD

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#28 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

episode 8 is out

the most interesting part was after the ending, Being X is still messing around with Tanya

nice new ending by the way

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#29 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,285 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

I love the new ED song....Seems very fitting with the current tone of the show

This episode overall was pretty dark and brutal and was a great representation of the impact of war on a city filled with civilians.....I felt bad for the innocent but the dumbass militants are at fault for this

This episode really puts ones morals into check but honestly, I agreed with Tanya every step of the way. Yes its fucked up to kill innocents and especially kids but that's just how war is.....There will be causalities. 

I also found it to be quite ironic how those two commanders in Tanya's squad ended up in this ep...Blondie was annoying me but seeing his have that psychological breakdown was pretty realistic if you ask me

Great episode overall and I loved the directing of this episode particularly during the action scenes....But that post credits scene tho....

BEING X WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE LOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....I was hoping that this wasn't going to happen but FUCKKK lol, this is going to be interesting to see play ou

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#30 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

episode 9 is already out (it was out on friday? had forgot to check new updates)

... is it just me, or the opening was upgraded too this time?

i don't remember the generals appearing in it before, and surely not the enemy guy who was saved by being X

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#31 Candles

Candles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationJamaica Estates

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

I wasn't sure what to expect from the first episode but this has been a pretty decent watch, the animation, voice acting, and narrative have all been up to my standards at least.

The biggest flaw I'm seeing so far is that it continues to test my suspension of disbelief in regards to Tanya's age; it's brought up often enough to let us know that it's considered extremely unusual in universe but the idea is never actually explored to any extent that would justify why a nine year old would ever be allowed to join the military let alone lead a major combat unit during a continental war.

We know her point of view from episode two that due to her magic potential she would be conscripted in the military as a combat mage eventually so she joined early to get a head start in her career but any recruitment officer that isn't completely insane would have told her to come back in 8-9 years. People frequently comment on how she's younger than their kid sister or the same age as their daughter but then they seem to get over it ten seconds later like an episode of Phineas and Ferb and they treat her as if she's an adult and there's nothing unusual about her position. It's probably just a nitpick on my part but feel like this should've been addressed since it's part of the premise. Also some of the military operations required the opposition to be uniquely stupid in order to work but I guess that is common in military anime.

Episodes 3 & 4 of the mini-series...

• Zeando, Goddess Nike and Kid Frost like this

BObCMH9.jpg

#32 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

I'm honestly having more fun from the shorts than the actual series at the moment.

I guess I liked it better when Tanya was either being screwed over by the universe or being a snarky bastard at the expense of her enemies. Whenever the series tries to be serious or overly dramatic I kind of zone out.

samisig.jpg

#33 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:50 PM

episode 10 is out

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#34 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,285 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

RIP that one dude :(

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#35 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted Yesterday, 09:04 PM

@Candles

I agree on both points; it would be better if the Empire's military was established an extreme meritocracy where age and rank didn't matter but that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess you could attribute it to a combination of convenience and desperation.  

I think it would help if the Republic and their allies had anything resembling a competent military leader but I'm not to invested in this war anyway; Tanya to me is what carries this show more than anything (Being X as well but to a lesser extent since it doesn't appear that often).  

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users