Photo

[Voting] Poetry Contest #36

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Poetry Contest #36 (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the best?

1. YoWid - Intriguing My Arse (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Grimjagger - The intriguing agony of guilt (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 4everRouya - The Riddled Sanctuary (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

4. Satoshi - The Butterfly (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

5. Red Opus - Confused Prom King and Queen (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

6. mantisstalker - [Untitled] (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

7. linny - behind the fan (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Vote

#1 Oben

Oben

Sixpack

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11307 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

Welcome to the voting for Poetry Contest #36!

The theme was "Intrigue", as picked by me, the winner of round #35.

The poll should-be self-explanatory. Please vote objectively, and fair.
You are not allowed to vote for yourself.

Please also post your opinions/criticism in the thread.
Previous rounds and winners can be found pinned in the Contest Forum and the Discussion Thread.

Here are the entries for this round:

Spoiler Intriguing My Arse

Spoiler The intriguing agony of guilt

Spoiler The Riddled Sanctuary

Spoiler The Butterfly

Spoiler behind the fan

Spoiler Confused Prom King and Queen

Spoiler

You have two weeks to vote, until the 23rd of January.

Edited by Oben, 10 January 2017 - 02:00 AM.

• YoWid and Red Opus like this

#2 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

Gonna give this one to Satoshi, with manti 2nd.

Honorable Mention to Red, good stuff man.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#3 Oben

Oben

Sixpack

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11307 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

And the winner is... Satoshi!

The next round will open once he gives me a new theme.

#4 mantisstalker

mantisstalker

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts
  • LocationDessert Bluffs

User's Awards

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

This wasn't ending in like another week? :( Sorry, was meant to write stuff up

xwj6hphfvwez_zps37695cdc.png

Manty is a being of Chaos afterall. It was only natural he'd confuse you.

#5 Oben

Oben

Sixpack

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11307 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

This wasn't ending in like another week? :( Sorry, was meant to write stuff up

If I don't tell the mods, they won't remember to archive this thread, so you could still come up with criticism. Or post it in the discussion thread, all input is welcome!

#6 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3084 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

If I don't tell the mods, they won't remember to archive this thread

Had to be the time I checked XD

But we can leave it open a bit more for mantisstalker to give some criticism, indeed.

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#7 mantisstalker

mantisstalker

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts
  • LocationDessert Bluffs

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

Now I just got to Satoshi when everything I wrote decided to up and delete itself so I'm sorry to the first few but I'm going to breeze through them again x.x

Yowild: Personally I didn't like the vulgar theme which lost my interest at the start. Its just personal preference so I'm sorry but I wasn't a fan. The flow was good though I wasn't able to divine the meaning of the piece, but I did take the first two paragraphs at skin depth. I feel you'd get better feed back from someone who wasn't so put off by the theme.

Grimm: I think I mentioned this the last time but again there were grammar and spelling mistakes. I didn't notice the spelling until the second reading but some of the sentences looked weird and it ruined the flow as I had to go back and reread them. While they were fully structured sentences you have to remember they can still seem clunky, and while I'm all for organisation art is meant to be more free form. Otherwise I did like it, the fact that I didn't really understand how the piece fit with the theme until later on was nice. The last line threw me off a little though as it was a big twist that was hard to swallow.

4ever: I really liked this one, had a great abstract feel. Also had a nice flow especially in the second verse when it rhymed, though the rest of the poem didn't suffer for not rhyming. In fact it might have been over kill what what you had was a nice touch. In places the grammar was a bit weird but because the work was a little out there they could be excused as being a part of it.

Satoshi: This one was great and I'm not surprised it won. Hit the theme well on the head and I think most people can identify with the subjects curiosity and the use of a mysterious butterfly which now has me thinking of Alice in Wonderland. The language used was also pleasant, kind of fluffy to put it in a word. Only bad thing I can say is that some of the sentences sounded a bit weird but it was still really good.

linny: Was a bit weird. Also grammar again, I'm starting to see what Oben was on about, though it wasn't bad. It would have just been nice to see capital letters and proper words since it was a more serious poem I feel. Some of the metaphors were lost on me which might be my fault, mainly the use of the fan. I wouldn't say this poem was bad but it also didn't leave much of an impression of me. I'm not trying to be mean, and I'm really worried I come off that way when doing this, but I was very meh about this one. Can't really describe it but it hits a few things I don't like so again it may just be me being bias. 

Red Opus: This felt nice to read but I have to be honest: I had no idea what you were on about xD Because what you mention feels very specific I was wondering if it was based on something, with my first guess while reading being space because you said you were Curiosity. But I'm assuming it was original as I don't know what its based on if anything. But yea, I don't really have anything bad to day about it. It was generally enjoyable, just the vague theme left me a bit baffled. 

Mine: I sort of wrote this bc there was a lot of interest in this round and I didn't want to miss out. I don't actually remember what it was about so I need to reread it. Oh yes, I was trying to be a bit more surreal and I'd actually love to know if it worked or not. It was more based on the advancement of a group rather than the curiosity of a single person. I feel like the last line was something clever but for the life of me I can't remember what it was, though I think it was going to be the title. 

xwj6hphfvwez_zps37695cdc.png

Manty is a being of Chaos afterall. It was only natural he'd confuse you.

#8 Oben

Oben

Sixpack

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11307 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:55 PM

With that, this thread can be rightfully closed, and the new round is up!

https://onemangaforu...try-contest-37/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users