• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,825 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

Previous Thread

"I'm going to bask in my only ray of light remaining." 

tumblr_oiyr2yt5AB1tsx3z1o1_540.png

Yeah....like when he threw Sanji in cell, wouldn't be so sure that if Sanji would ever stay loyal to that guy.(in fact he already had turn his back on them)

Also what do you think will happen if on a random note Ichiji is the next king, I doubt the others would just accept it.

My theory is that Reiju released Sanji on Judge's behalf. I guess that Judge theorizied about what is wrong with Sanji and that he conluded that D gene can be fully awaken only with strong emotions, he tried with others bullying Sanji, then with lock up, but he figured it out that Sanji would need much more to awaken his powers.

And as we have seen, Sanji is fueled by fire-emotions, but that is just one side of emotions, he needs to learn about 'cold ' emotions too.

By following your theory, that will also be the downfall of BM and also provide an answer to my long not answered question as to why Judge insisted on wanting to keep Sanji and Pudding at the Germa kingdom.

Dude that's a great theory, I like it.

By following your theory, that will also be the downfall of BM and also provide an answer to my long not answered question as to why Judge insisted on wanting to keep Sanji and Pudding at the Germa kingdom.

Dude that's a great theory, I like it.

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#2 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:47 AM

Is it possible to get another front picture for Sanji thread. I really believe it is a great work of art for a picture to express so much emotion and allow us the readers to have compassion towards Sanji but it just doesn't feel right having such a depressing in the first page. Please get something more alive like hells memory or just the usual pervert Sanji with heart shaped eyes and blood dripping from his nose.

#3 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:15 AM

op_fanart_kuro_ashi_sanji2_by_shin_ichi-

• Grimmjagger likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#4 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

No
  • Miss Coquine likes this

#5 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

What's done is done.

Also it sums this arc so far up very well.
  • Chillman likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#6 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,825 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:35 AM

@Abaroxa

nah Im good, I will keep this one since it is the most relevant and up to date.

Also  the panel is wonderfully done imo, conveys so much emotion and does an excellent job of showing Sanji at his lowest point. It's up from here on out, at least I hope it is... :unsure:

It is also one of the few sad/emotional faces in this manga that does not have a river of snot and tears with derpy expressions. 

I will keep it. 

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#7 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:04 AM

Hey that is something good I can say about Sanji. He hits rock bottom a lot more gracefully then most.

That being said I think he could still get lower. There is still time in the arc for him to get fodderized by BM to show us readers when luffy fights her it will be tough

banner.png

#8 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

Is it possible to get another front picture for Sanji thread. I really believe it is a great work of art for a picture to express so much emotion and allow us the readers to have compassion towards Sanji but it just doesn't feel right having such a depressing in the first page. Please get something more alive like hells memory or just the usual pervert Sanji with heart shaped eyes and blood dripping from his nose.

But it literally defines Sanji's current situation :huh: 

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#9 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

I wonder how does Sanji receive all this hate, the guy's have one or the most creative dream amongs the whole SH crew.

You guys better admit at least that....

It's not as booooooooring as a gr8 man once said: I will become number 1 swordsman. -Zoro

oulpad9a6ed.gif

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#10 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

I wonder how does Sanji receive all this hate, the guy's have one or the most creative dream amongs the whole SH crew.

It's not as booooooooring as a gr8 man once said: I will become number 1 swordsman. -Zoro

What? Several things are wrong there buddy

1- Sanji has always had this "hate" do you mean where you here for everything post TS? From the moment Sanji started dying, like legitimately dying from gag scenes he was a joke. And not the funny kind.

2- I wouldn't call it "hate" In the same sense that I wouldn't call someone saying "hitler was a bad person" is a hater.

3- creative dream? The dude wants to fish, how is that even worthy of being a dream?

4- how is being the strongest swordsman boring? Ya it is simple but the journey is a lot more interesting then finding the all blue.... when was the last time Sanji even mentioned that?
When Zoro is up to his kneck in enemies trying to kill him and about to lose a fight he can say "if I cant defeat these guys I will never be the strongest swordsman"
When Sanji is in the same situation he can say "I just want to retire and fish"
Also Sanji hasn't even shown us he is a skilled fisherman. Does he just want to swim with them all?

banner.png

#11 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

What? Several things are wrong there buddy

1- Sanji has always had this "hate" do you mean where you here for everything post TS? From the moment Sanji started dying, like legitimately dying from gag scenes he was a joke. And not the funny kind.

2- I wouldn't call it "hate" In the same sense that I wouldn't call someone saying "hitler was a bad person" is a hater.

3- creative dream? The dude wants to fish, how is that even worthy of being a dream?

4- how is being the strongest swordsman boring? Ya it is simple but the journey is a lot more interesting then finding the all blue.... when was the last time Sanji even mentioned that?
When Zoro is up to his kneck in enemies trying to kill him and about to lose a fight he can say "if I cant defeat these guys I will never be the strongest swordsman"
When Sanji is in the same situation he can say "I just want to retire and fish"
Also Sanji hasn't even shown us he is a skilled fisherman. Does he just want to swim with them all?

Dude, I was talking about the reasonhe joined Luffy.

1-Pervs are always in mangas what else is new here?

2-I've seen some "Sanji should die to let Jimbee join the SHs." If thats not hate than please enlight me.

3-All Blue is creative in a sense searching for a legend is way better than trying to be number one IMO.

4-Dude, Being number one is used way too much in mangas, just like Sanji's boring gags you called earlier.

oulpad9a6ed.gif

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#12 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

Well. . whats done is done. Don't misunderstand my post, I also believe it describes Sanjis current situation and that it is one of the best panels depicting a strong emotional feelings from one of our main characters but it is so well done that it hits me hard. Scrolling through this thread and seeing that picture just makes it a terrible day for rain.

The worst part about that one panel is that in MF when Ace died on TV I witnessed the anime team making a good job with art work, with the build up and with a good soundtrack that just watching it made me skip a heart beat. This was with me expecting it because  this was one year after we received  a silly crying Luffypanel.  Luffys panel was goofy and all that snot made it tolerable but the anime team still, for once, delivered and my thought right now is what will they do with this sanjis crying panel.

#13 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:19 PM

Dude, I was talking about the reasonhe joined Luffy.

1-Pervs are always in mangas what else is new here?

2-I've seen some "Sanji should die to let Jimbee join the SHs." If thats not hate than please enlight me.

3-All Blue is creative in a sense searching for a legend is way better than trying to be number one IMO.

4-Dude, Being number one is used way too much in mangas, just like Sanji's boring gags you called earlier.

Well the joke is fine the fact that it actually hindered the crew is something different, but his over the top pervness compared to the normal people of op and the seemingly a sexual luffy and co. Makes him really really a joke

I was joking, saying his hate is deserved. I personally would rather jimbe die.

More creative maybe. More impressive? I personally don't like his dream much because of how easy it is to achieve.

If you want to argue creativity of finding a hidden treasure vs becoming the strongest, well I think it is really subjective which one is used more, I mean luffy's Dream is to find something legendary so just in op alone sanji's seems to be used more. In fact half of the pirates on the sea want to find something legendary just like Sanji.
Both of them have been used a lot. The only difference is one is a drive to become stronger and be a more useful crew member and the other is a retirement plan.

banner.png

#14 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

the guy's have one or the most creative dream amongs the whole SH crew

Nami's and Franky's dreams are more creative because Nami has to make a map of the all blue and the other oceans and Franky has to sail the all blue and other oceans.

of showing Sanji at his lowest point.

thats his lowest point?

what about him taking a beating and almost getting his teammate killed?

or 

Sanji's nosebleed which almost got him killed

• dbgetblack and captain kidd like this

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

#15 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

And not to mention sanji's Dream seems to be one of the least helpful dreams to the crew

Well brooks sucks. And robins is only interesting to OP fans that aren't me, luffy won't care. But most of the SH crew have dreams that will help the crew.

Once again Sanji wants to go fish......ya food is nice but the SH always have enough they don't need some magical ocean where all fish live

banner.png

#16 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

Well the joke is fine the fact that it actually hindered the crew is something different, but his over the top pervness compared to the normal people of op and the seemingly a sexual luffy and co. Makes him really really a joke

I was joking, saying his hate is deserved. I personally would rather jimbe die.

More creative maybe. More impressive? I personally don't like his dream much because of how easy it is to achieve.

If you want to argue creativity of finding a hidden treasure vs becoming the strongest, well I think it is really subjective which one is used more, I mean luffy's Dream is to find something legendary so just in op alone sanji's seems to be used more. In fact half of the pirates on the sea want to find something legendary just like Sanji.
Both of them have been used a lot. The only difference is one is a drive to become stronger and be a more useful crew member and the other is a retirement plan.

Sure his jokes are somewhat overboard even I can admit that.

I never said impressive. Just creative, surely not everyone would love each character's plot.

Well Luffy always claim he will be king of pirates, rarely he mention he is after the OP left by Roger (Sure being king of pirates is the same as finding the OP) but Luffy wants to be like Roger more than finding OP, and compared to All Blue proof that OP actually exist is that Roger himself said it, as for All Blue no one have seen it.

And not to mention sanji's Dream seems to be one of the least helpful dreams to the crew

Well brooks sucks. And robins is only interesting to OP fans that aren't me, luffy won't care. But most of the SH crew have dreams that will help the crew.

Once again Sanji wants to go fish......ya food is nice but the SH always have enough they don't need some magical ocean where all fish live

Not that he wanted to join the crew to help, he never said he would do as Luffy said either, only that he seeks All Blue, so ofc its not useful for the others but on the other hand he cook for them.

oulpad9a6ed.gif

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#17 Cawickeng

Cawickeng

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

It's not as booooooooring as a gr8 man once said: I will become number 1 swordsman. -Zoro

Zoro fans don't care about his dream, they care about the journey.

No one hates Sanji, they just mock him because he was the cause of the funniest flashback in the series. 

Sanji

#18 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:50 AM

I never said impressive. Just creative, surely not everyone would love each character's plot.

Well Luffy always claim he will be king of pirates, rarely he mention he is after the OP left by Roger (Sure being king of pirates is the same as finding the OP) but Luffy wants to be like Roger more than finding OP, and compared to All Blue proof that OP actually exist is that Roger himself said it, as for All Blue no one have seen it.

The salt from aqua laguna is believed to be from All Blue. Even though noone has seen it there's plenty of hints it exists.

As another poster said their dreams is much more about the journey than the actual dreams.

Luffy wanting to become PK isnt because he wants to be the strongest it's because he equates being PK to being free. So Luffy's dream is much more about gaining freedom than power. Freedom not being an object, a measure of strength or a place, Luffy's dream is the hardest to achieve.

Nami's dream requires her to draw the map of the world. If that doesnt involve talent and creativity I dont know what does.

Chopper wants to be able to cure all diseases. Again requires creativity because he needs to research and think outside the box to come up with different cures.

Zoro, Usopp are the only ones whose dreams require them to be number 1 in their field. But again it is much more about the journey for these two.
Particularly for Zoro who is willing to give up his dream for his beloved and who kneeled down before the person he wanted to surpass all for the sake of his beloved. (If this isnt true love what is?)

Sanji's dream is also linked to cooking. He doesnt want to find All Blue just because its a legendary sea but because it contains all the Fish in the world. There's a reason why the only person in the world Who also has the same dream is a cook. So it's obvious Sanji wants to find All Blue because it will make him a better cook. Cooking being subjective, his dream is not to become the best cook but to find the sea where the best cooking ingredients come from.
It being a mystical sea doesnt suddenly make Sanji's dream the most creative. All he has to do is find it unlike the others Who have to work hard and improve their skills to achieve their dreams.

And btw according to Sanji he already found All Blue in FI...thus trivalising his own dream.

Therein lies the issue with Oda's portrayal of the character as of late : even achieving his life dream is treated as a joke to accentuate his love for beautiful women/mermaids.

Who can take his dream seriously now?

Edited by Miss Coquine, 12 January 2017 - 01:57 AM.

• dbgetblack and Chillman like this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#19 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:21 AM

Not that he wanted to join the crew to help, he never said he would do as Luffy said either, only that he seeks All Blue, so ofc its not useful for the others but on the other hand he cook for them.

So even you admit his jokes are overboard, now I am not saying everyone should hate him for that, but for us readers that don't like those jokes. Couldn't you see where we are comming from getting fed up with his nonsense?

Well I don't think in an adventure manga wanting to go someplace adventurous is that amazing of a dream. Usopp wants to go to .......elabaf! Zoro wants to go to wano. But those are side things they will do sooner or later. Even Sanji and brook wanted to see mermaid island (which Sanji called the all blue of his heart) I fail to see the creativity. I mean franky wants to go everywhere that is one crazy dream. (Unless you are a teen taking a year off before college)

Ya luffy and sanji's dream are not 100% the same. But only one crew has ever found the final island and at least one person has found the all blue.

So you admit Sanji isn't in the crew to help luffy? All the times he put the lives of his friends on the line make sense now

The salt from aqua laguna is believed to be from All Blue. Even though noone has seen it there's plenty of hints it exists.

As another poster said their dreams is much more about the journey than the actual dreams.

Luffy wanting to become PK isnt because he wants to be the strongest it's because he equates being PK to being free. So Luffy's dream is much more about gaining freedom than power. Freedom not being an object, a measure of strength or a place, Luffy's dream is the hardest to achieve.

Nami's dream requires her to draw the map of the world. If that doesnt involve talent and creativity I dont know what does.

Chopper wants to be able to cure all diseases. Again requires creativity because he needs to research and think outside the box to come up with different cures.

Zoro, Usopp are the only ones whose dreams require them to be number 1 in their field. But again it is much more about the journey for these two.
Particularly for Zoro who is willing to give up his dream for his beloved and who kneeled down before the person he wanted to surpass all for the sake of his beloved. (If this isnt true love what is?)

Sanji's dream is also linked to cooking. He doesnt want to find All Blue just because its a legendary sea but because it contains all the Fish in the world. There's a reason why the only person in the world Who also has the same dream is a cook. So it's obvious Sanji wants to find All Blue because it will make him a better cook. Cooking being subjective, his dream is not to become the best cook but to find the sea where the best cooking ingredients come from.
It being a mystical sea doesnt suddenly make Sanji's dream the most creative. All he has to do is find it unlike the others Who have to work hard and improve their skills to achieve their dreams.

And btw according to Sanji he already found All Blue in FI...thus trivalising his own dream.

Therein lies the issue with Oda's portrayal of the character as of late : even achieving his life dream is treated as a joke to accentuate his love for beautiful women/mermaids.

You know I remembered the salt thing from when I watched the anime I didn't know if it was in the manga or not, thanks for confirming it.

As far as being a great cook goes. I will never get over the fact Sanji didn't know feeding his crew members good food could improve their bodies............ how on earth can a cook not know that......

Although..... I didn't get serious about the dieting part of lifting until I was in college (4 years after I started) so I was about sanji's age when I made that realization........but........ I am not a cook.

banner.png

#20 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

Meh, PK=freedom? Not sure it does with Navy's drawn to him and the other Pirates.  Hardest? really? Finding OP which pretty much achieve his dream is hard?

Drawing a world map.... We already have that in modern society....How is this any creative than what we already have in RL?

If you've heard of Guilty Gear surely you've heard of Faust, it's exactly the same dream and in point of creativity is a big Zero, every doctor's gold in anime or in RL is "I wish I'll be able to cure everyone around the world!" except for the greedy ones who wants the money, so sure it requires research, but creativity, Nah!

Ok I wasn't even on true love....

I can't understand why would Luffy's dream any attractive than Sanji as both are basically "searching" for something, back in the days Sanji did say he dosent want to be the best cook but being able to cook these sea creatures.

He had to become a pirates to enter the GL so.... he did had to improve himself in some ways.

Everyone knows Oda hate Sanji, basically if someone's had to die in the SHs it'll be him.

So even you admit his jokes are overboard, now I am not saying everyone should hate him for that, but for us readers that don't like those jokes. Couldn't you see where we are comming from getting fed up with his nonsense?

Well I don't think in an adventure manga wanting to go someplace adventurous is that amazing of a dream. Usopp wants to go to .......elabaf! Zoro wants to go to wano. But those are side things they will do sooner or later. Even Sanji and brook wanted to see mermaid island (which Sanji called the all blue of his heart) I fail to see the creativity. I mean franky wants to go everywhere that is one crazy dream. (Unless you are a teen taking a year off before college)

Ya luffy and sanji's dream are not 100% the same. But only one crew has ever found the final island and at least one person has found the all blue.

So you admit Sanji isn't in the crew to help luffy? All the times he put the lives of his friends on the line make sense now

Why would I hate the character only because of his jokes? I just look paste them.

As a fact, this arc is the only arc Sanji's really considered about not wanting them to get hurt in which he sacrifced himself for Luffy, but most of what he does "Not hitting womens" is part of what his father figure the man who saved his life and the man who raised him, raised him to be. Of course he would help Luffy but is "family" (Zeff) was in danger, anyone would have reacted like this.

oulpad9a6ed.gif

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users