• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#261 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:07 PM

I think that Oda might not want to tell us about CoO since it could put up a limit to his creativity, I am just assuming that they are here in this world and that's it.

I didnt look at it that way. As far as i can remember i dont think oda ever set limits for anything in OP.
(Well aside from the odd df every now and then, kilo ton and lightning.)
  • Saya likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#262 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNot yet in a location

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

With the way Sanji as gone back and forth without being noticed by a Yonko commander, does that make him still weaker, equal or stronger than Kizaru?

#263 Danny

Danny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

That speed! Great feat, now he just needs an actual fight  :2howgeg:

#264 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

Where was the "dont hit a lady" Sanji moment? Or is she too ugly?

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#265 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

Well he did debate on it, and went in.

#266 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

lol he was more worried about Pudding.

That gurl was bleeding on the ground. 

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#267 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

With the way Sanji as gone back and forth without being noticed by a Yonko commander, does that make him still weaker, equal or stronger than Kizaru?

That's wrong. Oven clearly knows someone interferes, he even looks at the cart next. And then fact is Sanji just sucker kicks him. It's not like he blitzes Oven the way Kizaru did Drake or Luffy.

So the answer is he's still weaker than Kizaru given his feats so far.

• Saya likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#268 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:34 AM

That is not the answer. We all know that eos Sanji will be stronger but wci Sanji is of course weaker than Kizaru.

My guess is that triplets will be defeated Luffy, Begge and Sanji. Luffy-Katakuri, Begge-Owen, Sanji-Daifuku. While Jinbei and weremink Carrot should fight Smoothie,

Edited by D.Hyuga, 24 November 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#269 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:48 AM

That is not the answer. We all know that eos Sanji will be stronger but wci Sanji is of course weaker than Kizaru.

Saya asked, so I answered.

• Saya likes this

#270 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNot yet in a location

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:14 PM

That's wrong. Oven clearly knows someone interferes, he even looks at the cart next. And then fact is Sanji just sucker kicks him. It's not like he blitzes Oven the way Kizaru did Drake or Luffy.

Because that speed was so amazing that I wondered but, shouldn't Oven be at least suspecting the one cook that have his face covered?

He looked at the cart because he knew that Lola was going to deliver the cake to Big Mom, she basically kept saying that.

#271 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Because that speed was so amazing that I wondered but, shouldn't Oven be at least suspecting the one cook that have his face covered?

What is amazing? Pre-TS Soru already have visual presentation like that...even Kuro back in East Blue. The important factors are time frame and the opponent but in this case we don't know the first and the latter was blindsided.

Basically it's an unquantifiable feat.

Does Oven even pay attention to how the chefs look? He was just trying to punish Chiffon.

He looked at the cart because he knew that Lola was going to deliver the cake to Big Mom, she basically kept saying that.

Chiffon, not Lola

And that's just Chiffon. The one that attacks him could have gone somewhere else to hide. But the guy looked at the cart because he at least can follow some movement and saw someone got back there

#272 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

He was noticed. He also used the exact timing where Oven was focusing on someone else, and looking somewhere else. Also, Oven isn't a commander. He's a minister.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#273 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

All that showed was Oven's CoO is complete garbage. It wasn't like oven was distracted by someone noteworthy.

We've already known Sanji being super fast.

#274 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

All that showed was Oven's CoO is complete garbage. It wasn't like oven was distracted by someone noteworthy.

We've already known Sanji being super fast.

Or he didn't even use it. Even Katakuri's CoO isn't on all the time and that includes when he is calm.

#275 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:53 AM

Pudding also seems genuinely concerned that Oven is mad, despite seeing Sanji do that.

#276 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:07 AM

Or he didn't even use it. Even Katakuri's CoO isn't on all the time and that includes when he is calm.

When hasn't Katakuri use it despite being flustered?

And wow he doesn't used it after being sneak attacked already!

#277 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

When he didn't immediately recognize which of the Luffy's coming out of the cake was the real one.

#278 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

That's weirdly worded. You mean ''except when being flustered''? Cause I said he didn't use it even when he is calm sometimes.

Anw, what Strobacaxi said. Then he didn't know Brulee was around when chasing Luffy who ran away. Ergo the guy probably only uses CoO when in combat or when he needs to observe the situation (the wedding) or when...plot demands. Chasing Luffy doesn't require CoO, it's just a race so he can just use speed.

It's perfectly understandable that Oven, facing a fodder like Pound, felt no need to use CoO. It's not about being distracted. More like careless (then again, it's not like everyone is on alert mode every single second, so calling that careless is quite high standard, especially given how Luffy who has pretty decent CoO also doesn't use it all the time).

And wow he doesn't used it after being sneak attacked already!

Why would he? He knew enough to look at the cart and found Chiffon. And again, he isn't scared of Bege so that's why...Underestimation can explain a lot of things. Not like I'm saying Oven must have good CoO (he may not even have it considering most people specialize in one Haki type) but well, just because he was blindsided doesn't mean he is bad at it.

#279 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:29 PM

What do you mean why not? If I've already been sneak attacked by an unknown assailant.. Vividly, for the lady I was beating the crap out of...

I then took the same lady without knowing where or who that assailant might be.. But I still don't activate my CoO? That's illogical. Pretty sure his CoO is just that. Nonexistent or completely garbage.

When he didn't immediately recognize which of the Luffy's coming out of the cake was the real one.

I might be wrong.. But has CoO ever did that? Probably besides Fuji(Blindmansolol) or Enel(amplified by his DF)

Has it ever distinguished a fake from the real?

And If I remember correctly Luffy couldn't distinguish who from who within the forest? Maybe it comes down to that particular ability!

Edited by Youngflash, 26 November 2017 - 10:31 PM.

#280 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

What do you mean why not? If I've already been sneak attacked by an unknown assailant.. Vividly, for the lady I was beating the crap out of...

I then took the same lady without knowing where or who that assailant might be.. But I still don't activate my CoO? That's illogical. Pretty sure his CoO is just that. Nonexistent or completely garbage.

Like you said, it's a sneak attack. Ergo if it wasn't sneaky, Oven could be confident he wouldn't be hit again. So he may not feel the need to use CoO now that he knew the assailant is around and his focus is Chiffon anw. It's just that this time the second attack is not from someone near him on the cart but from Bege far away who he thought was going to surrender and wouldn't dare lift a finger cause his wife was in his hand.

So basically, again, underestimating opponent can explain all of these. It's not enough to conclude one's CoO is crap. I mean did you even see Luffy use CoO vs DD? Even though it's more logical to dodge attack...he literally traded blows like a true brawler without CoO LOL

But has CoO ever did that?

CoO can tell how strong one is. Surely Luffy's aura should scream he's stronger than those beasts around that are turned into him thanks to Brulee's ability?

Enel(amplified by his DF)

Enel's CoO isn't amplified by his DF. They are two separate abilities. He uses his DF power to read electric signals and listen in conversation around the island. That has nothing to do with his CoO. It's never said it helps him predict better or be more sensitive to voice.

And If I remember correctly Luffy couldn't distinguish who from who within the forest?

Several possibilities: his CoO isn't good enough or he didn't use it or the Minks can shut their voice off etc.

Edited by Fulmine, 26 November 2017 - 11:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users