Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:54 PM

Sara broke her character so fast!

Tama actually lived near Yuu's house, I barely can accept that, If a celebrity was somehow living near my house wouldn't the folks around me notice?

On a side note Fuuka's voice when she's singing is beautiful! :aww:

Tama wasn't famous back then 

But on a side note, this new episode makes me feel like Yuu is so going to crush her feelings into a million pieces one day :(

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#22 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

Tama wasn't famous back then 

But on a side note, this new episode makes me feel like Yuu is so going to crush her feelings into a million pieces one day :(

She wasn't? Didn't she entered his house and watched old pictures with him?

#23 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

She wasn't? Didn't she entered his house and watched old pictures with him?

I thought you were meaning when they were kids, but the current Tama no longer lives there

But yeah, you would think that tons of people would recognize her by now lol

Edited by Tokoya, 03 February 2017 - 02:22 PM.

• Grimmjagger likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#24 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

I thought you were meaning when they were kids, but the current Tama no longer lives there

But yeah, you would think that tons of people would recognize her by now lol

It was my mistake, lol, I meant to write that she walked near his house.

Well since she usually wear an hat and glasses, I guess no one would suspect she would be the one top singer she is.

• Tokoya likes this

#25 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:38 AM

Why do I feel like this is a calm before a huge shitstorm that's gonna happen after the concert 

Tama did well to at least put her feelings out there but I feel like if anyone is going to end up losing and broken, it's gonna be her because we all know that Yuu doesn't love her :(

Fuuka has the most luck ever

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#26 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:09 AM

@Otaku-N., I just realized that the anime is making good business moves

3eQaZa1l.jpg
However, if this means that they are going to change the target (If you know what I mean) I'm gonna rage out of my fucking mind

Edited by Tokoya, 22 February 2017 - 01:10 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#27 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • LocationReverse Cockaigne

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:43 AM

WHAT

@Otaku-N., I just realized that the anime is making good business moves

http://i.imgur.com/3eQaZa1l.jpg...
However, if this means that they are going to change the target (If you know what I mean) I'm gonna rage out of my fucking mind

This shit is heresy.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#28 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:57 AM

WHAT

This shit is heresy.

Tama>>>>1.0 is factual though :)

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#29 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

What's up with that! 

#30 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

What's up with that!

Lolololol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#31 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • LocationReverse Cockaigne

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:55 AM

So if the spoilers are real I'm gonna binge watch this to see how they played it.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#32 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

Well since the REAL Tama as returned and Hedgehogs are reuniting, it sounds interresting to see Fuuka is trying this whole "notice me" thingy but that ain't making my waifu go down, she'll be back with Fallen moon.

Koyuki had the guts to ask Yuu how he feel about her, truthfully it pained me.

#33 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

Would have been a good series if the writers didn't go full retard with the last 3 episodes
  • Grimmjagger likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#34 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Would have been a good series if the writers didn't go full retard with the last 3 episodes

Just saying...I almost dropped it but then saw completed so I had to watch the last episode, last 3 episodes were awful.

#35 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

Just saying...I almost dropped it but then saw completed so I had to watch the last episode, last 3 episodes were awful.

Glad to see that you agree with most people that watched it including myself...I ended up giving it a 4 lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#36 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

The last episode is probably the best in the series, the middle episodes were the weakest if anything.

To me Fuuka is at it's best when it remembers that it's a sequel to Suzuka and the finale did that for me most notably with the mother daughter conversation between those two. It was nice enough to see Suzuka give both relationship and career advice to her daughter but it was incredibly heartwarming knowing that she's watching her daughter follow her dreams when Suzuka herself had to give up on her own dreams in order to bring Fuuka into this world straight out of high school and to become a stay at home mother in order to raise her.

I think the fact that we actually saw the struggles and sacrifices that her parents had early in their marriage while pregnant with her and for me personally the fact that I'm a parent myself made that a really emotional scene for me where it otherwise wouldn't have stood out. As a fan of Suzuka the fact that the girl we were first introduced as baby at her parents wedding in the epilogue is alive and happy at the end is a major improvement over that garbage excuse for a manga.

I also liked that the episode title for the finale (Fair Wind) mirrors the finale title of her parents series (Cool Wind) and that shrine scene at the end was a very nice callback for both series.

The anime as a whole is probably a 6.5/10 since it didn't have that much going for it but the finale was a 10/10 for me even if it was 50% nostalgia.

• Tokoya, Candles, Goddess Nike and 1 other like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime Updated

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#37 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

The last episode is probably the best in the series, the middle episodes were the weakest if anything.

I thought the quitting the band subplot was pretty dumb since it didn't go anywhere but otherwise I completely agree. Speaking of parallels the reason I also think the middle episodes are the weakest is that the Kyouki x Yuu x Fuuka triangle is almost the same as the Honoka x Yamato x Suzuka one except that Kyouki is a famous idol instead of a famous model.

Everyone knows they have no chance and I personally hate seeing characters set up in a pointless love triangle for sole purpose of getting hurt but at least in Suzuka there was more time to develop things; with only 12 episodes to work with here it comes across as rushed, sloppy, and insensitive to all parties involved. I don't truly care for either pairing but they should've picked one and stuck with it and developed it the entire way.

The anime may be mediocre (especially compared to some of the better shows this season) but the writing towards the end isn't any worse than earlier in the show or the manga... though that's a low bar to set considering the shitty source material.

Edited by Goddess Nike, 03 April 2017 - 07:39 PM.

• Candles likes this

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#38 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

To me Fuuka is at it's best when it remembers that it's a sequel to Suzuka and the finale did that for me most notably with the mother daughter conversation between those two. It was nice enough to see Suzuka give both relationship and career advice to her daughter but it was incredibly heartwarming knowing that she's watching her daughter follow her dreams when Suzuka herself had to give up on her own dreams in order to bring Fuuka into this world straight out of high school and to become a stay at home mother in order to raise her.

I think the fact that we actually saw the struggles and sacrifices that her parents had early in their marriage while pregnant with her and for me personally the fact that I'm a parent myself made that a really emotional scene for me where it otherwise wouldn't have stood out. As a fan of Suzuka the fact that the girl we were first introduced as baby at her parents wedding in the epilogue is alive and happy at the end is a major improvement over that garbage excuse for a manga.

I also liked that the episode title for the finale (Fair Wind) mirrors the finale title of her parents series (Cool Wind) and that shrine scene at the end was a very nice callback for both series.

The anime as a whole is probably a 6.5/10 since it didn't have that much going for it but the finale was a 10/10 for me even if it was 50% nostalgia.

Was just about to ask if this is why lol....But I understand why you feel that way.....Your second paragraph was touching :aww:

Still though, this finale was a culmination of how these last 3 episodes were complete and utter garbage minus the Suzuka stuff....The only thing that could have saved this ending was a surprise return of Truck-senpai but sadly that didn't happen

Fuuka became an unlikable scumbag (within the span of 2 episodes) who threw a hissy fit because she realized her feelings too late and because the MC actually used his brain and chose the right girl and then the anime team expects us to forgive her and support this forced bullshit after one episode (And don't get me started on how nonsensical it was that the entire band forgave her in like 5 seconds)

Yuu is just a god damn idiot, like what was even the point of all the buildup (Which not only was written and developed better but also made more sense than anything they did with Fuuka) to letting him date Koyuki if they were going to pull this shit? He literally dumped this girl for no reason and magically became in love with a bitch who not only crushed his and everyone else's dream of starting a band for an incredibly stupid and childish reason, but she pretty much cut ties with them which essentially is a big fuck you to them all 

Edited by Tokoya, 03 April 2017 - 10:45 PM.

• Grimmjagger likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#39 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:16 AM

Why the hell did Koyuki and Yuu  ever dated anyway? I mean did it somehow change anything to the story? Sure Fuuka wasn't aware of her feelings for Yuu neither did him, but was it necessary to make all this bullshit to end in a very terrible way, 

Dammit you actually made me realise a step I didn't even consider...

#40 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

First of all I didn't really like the quitting the band subplot either, mostly because with the amount of time the anime had left it was never going to go anywhere and so would never move beyond the forced drama that Seo's series are frequently plagued with. That said the reception I've been seeing around seems like an extreme overreaction compared to what happened.  

Fuuka is a teenage girl who made an emotionally rash decision and later apologized for her mistake. She was hurting inside and handled it the best way she knew how by retreating from the source of her pain; it wasn't exactly logical or fair but that's how things often are when we let our emotions get the best of us. None of you guys have ever made mistakes when you were younger based on either selfishness or your emotional desires at the time?... I know I made my fair share during my teenage years.

Plus I like the fact that it showed that while she's a different person from her parents she did inherit some of their more notable flaws such as Yamato's tendency to make rash decisions and Suzuka's inability to be honest with her feeling as well as her tendency to attempt to run from her problems / emotions. I still didn't like it from a narrative standpoint but she didn't do anything worth being called an unlikeable scumbag or wishing for her to be killed or murdered.

Why the hell did Koyuki and Yuu ever dated anyway? I mean did it somehow change anything to the story?

It's the same reason Yamato dated Honoka even though everyone knew he would end up with Suzuka and the same reason Haruto dated Asuka even though everyone knew he would end up Yuzuki. Because Seo is the king of horribly written, forced drama and these false romances are a favorite trope of his. I think you guys already knew that, even Tokoya who seems to be a major Yuu x Koyuki shipper said...

because we all know that Yuu doesn't love her :(

Koyuki honestly never had chance but she actually came off better than expected all things considered. In Kimi no Iru Machi, Haruto actually dated Asuka for two years and brutally broke up with her after she begged him to stay in order to get back together with the heroine. Here Koyuki has more dignity as she's the one to break up with him and she also handled things maturely in her one on one conversation with Fuuka and was later able to effectively move on with her life.
Even when compared to the manga she comes across better as there she became increasingly more desperate and pathetic to the point where it became hard to read. Now don't get me wrong I thought the entire idea of them dating was stupid because it was always a dead end development but that isn't specifically a fault of the final episode since that development took place many episodes before that. In fact by the time of the finale they had already broken up.  

If I had it my way she would've confessed, gotten turned down, and moved on with her life without the predictable and unnecessary forced drama of them dating and breaking up. Still them ending up in a narratively doomed relationship is the fault of the middle episodes not the final ones and it was resolved as well as possible for a Seo series. :shrug:

• Candles, Goddess Nike and Grimmjagger like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime Updated

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users