Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • LocationReverse Cockaigne

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

ACCA13区監察課 

ogp_2.jpg

Ripped from MangaUpdates: "The kingdom of Dowa, which is subdivided into 13 states, is celebrating its monarch's 99th birthday. These thirteen states have many agencies that are controlled by the giant organization known as ACCA. Within ACCA, Jean Otis is the second-in-command of the inspection agency. His agency has 10 people placed in each of the 13 states, with a central office in the capital city. They keep track of all the activities of ACCA across the kingdom, and keep data on each state's ACCA office flowing towards the central office. Jean also often has business trips from the capital to the other districts, to check on the situation and personnel there."

General Vibes?  Drama, Mystery, Bureaucracy, Tobacco

Who's drawing this? Madhouse is.

Best subs? [Kaitou-Glue] for now, I guess. [HorribleSubs] for speed.

Is it fujobait? Duh. No seriously though, why do you care? I get it, but this isn't yaoi.

It's not gonna be a full adaptation right? The manga is 37 chapters,  6 volumes. The pace of the episodes is currently 3 chapters for each. Seeing as 3*12 (12 episodes) is 36, yes, I fully expect this to be a full adaptation.

Really, what's this even about? See, that's where the mystery tag comes in.

But nothing happens in episode 1? Sure, nothing. Also, remember, mystery.

It'll be slow, won't it? If that isn't your thing, go find something else to watch. But remember that this will fly by in episode terms. Consider marathoning once it's all out.

Fuck me the translation of the title is clunky. "Inspectors of the 13 States" or even "13-District Surveillance Department" would have been better.

Anyway, let's go.

@DaEvilWithin

@Gattsu Pozu

Edited by Otaku-N., 17 January 2017 - 11:56 PM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#2 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:10 PM

comments from manga readers elsewhere say the pace of the original story is very slow

from the 1st episode alone it did look to there be some sort of cospiracy or political plot (didn't see ep2 yet)

hope this won't be an adaptation with only 13 episodes, where each episode is "episodic" and focused on a single district, that would be boring and wouldn't allow for any decent development (like many other 13 episodes animes lately)

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#3 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

comments from manga readers elsewhere say the pace of the original story is very slow

from the 1st episode alone it did look to there be some sort of cospiracy or political plot (didn't see ep2 yet)

hope this won't be an adaptation with only 13 episodes, where each episode is "episodic" and focused on a single district, that would be boring and wouldn't allow for any decent development (like many other 13 episodes animes lately)

Likely. I'll need to read more Natsume Ono to confirm but yes, I've heard her work has a relaxing pace.

Just watch it.

Yes, 12 I think. It's a 6 volume work, and going by the current pace, it should go through all the chapters with ease. That is to say, this is the full adaptation.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

Is there any non yaoi romance in this?

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

Y'know what, I'll just throw it up in the OP. I'm gonna get bored of these questions real quick.

Edited by Otaku-N., 17 January 2017 - 11:40 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

JaAjRjC.png?1

#6 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

Spoiler

just saw it in the op :lolxg:

• sic likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#7 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, I wanted to nip that one in the bud as well.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#8 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:40 PM

I figured that Nino and Crow would turn out to be the same person so no surprise there but I have no idea what he meant at the end. According to Jean they met 15 years ago in high school but Nino later states that he has been watching him for 30 years which doesn't make sense given that Jean should only be about 30 years old. I find it a stretch that he's been following him since birth but I guess that will be explained later.

Outside of the "who watches the watchmen" theme everything about these first two episodes has been dull. I usually really like a slow paced narrative when the characters are engaging but most of the ones on this show just seem apathetic and bored about everything (except cigarettes I guess) which is starting to make me feel the same way. Hopefully that changes once the plot starts to unfold.

• Kid Frost likes this

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#9 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:40 AM

I figured that Nino and Crow would turn out to be the same person so no surprise there but I have no idea what he meant at the end. According to Jean they met 15 years ago in high school but Nino later states that he has been watching him for 30 years which doesn't make sense given that Jean should only be about 30 years old. I find it a stretch that he's been following him since birth but I guess that will be explained later.

Nino lying about his age isn't an impossibility

Outside of the "who watches the watchmen" theme everything about these first two episodes has been dull.

Yeah, this was a weird thing. It's like a dystopia setting without the dystopia in terms of the tone.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#10 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

Yeah I'd already considered that Nino is probably way older than he looks but I was talking about Jean though. He said they met when they started high school and that it was 15 years ago. Assuming he was approximately 15 when he started high school and that he started high school 15 years ago that would make him currently around 30 years old (give or take a year). If he's been watching Jean for 30 years that's essentially his entire life.

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#11 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:10 AM

If he's been watching Jean for 30 years that's essentially his entire life.

Well, yes. I personally don't find it a stretch seeing as for all we know about Jean, we still don't know that much.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#12 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

This anime is getting deeper and deeper and I love it...Also that was pretty nice how Jean got all flustered by the hot director throughout this entire episode lol

I'm not expecting any romance (Yet alone any hetero-sexual romances) in this series but I ship those two SO HARD after this episode

• Otaku-N. likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#13 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:16 AM

Is this by chance made by the same person who did Revolutionary Girl Utena? Cuz this is giving me some RGU vibes for some reason.

5.jpg

#14 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:33 AM

Is this by chance made by the same person who did Revolutionary Girl Utena? Cuz this is giving me some RGU vibes for some reason.

Uhh. I don't think so.

How did you make this connection?

JaAjRjC.png?1

#15 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

Uhh. I don't think so.

How did you make this connection?

Character designs seemed similar to me.

5.jpg

#16 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

episode 2

this should be renamed "creepy stalkers, the anime"

first the creepy guy being envious becoming all creepy for otus sister

then his supposedly best friend being a stalker all along, since he was born?? wtf!

are you feeling popular otus? that's cause the secret police is on you :lmao:

episode 3

wouldn't be surprised if in the end the one trying a coup is one of the 5 top guys, and they are making otus look suspicious to divert attention from them

"just wanted to eat food from my homeland" suuuure, and that dress is her normal attire for evening dinners out......

guess all those letters with letters seals come from different 5 top guys: J, F

hory sheet, it's only 6 minutes, plus the opening and sooo many informations are coming

that prince is trouble, getting more suspicious on one of the top 5 from acca being behind the supposed coup to keep peace by avoiding that prince from getting power

so the tobacco was heavily taxed for concerns about the health of the old king? if that's true, that's curious

oh com'on, everyone drooling after otus sister, even the prince

this is already looking like a spying mess:

the 5 top guys are being suspicious of otus, and some of them are doubting the one who started the suspicion

mauve is suspicious of everyone including acca and the 5 top guys

niino is snooping around everyone too

...the words of Lilium (one of the top5) near the end made me think that maybe there isn't any coup going on, but they(dunno who?) are spreading false rumors about one and pointing fingers at Otus to see who's going to step in to try to join the "coup", that way they hope to find and remove any dangerous person for the kingdom's stability, that would make otus the bait, if that's what is going on

episode 4

ok those districts are getting real weird, before that one about giant fruits and vegetables, and people, and now a district where technology is outlawed, living like in the 1800s...

oh shit, so there is really a coup going on (still very weird how those guys acted, it's like they did it on purpose to involve him)

ah, it is a different coup, lol

it's funny how there is a coup going on and otus and the other are like: cool, let's go back to the office

nice save niino (disguised as a rioter)

Edited by Zeando, 02 February 2017 - 03:04 PM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#17 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:04 PM

episode 5

'creepy stalkers, the anime' continues,

this time we have a royal aide stalking the sister of the protagonist under orders of the local prince, legit use of intelligence services there

the aide is then surprised by unexpected stalking competition, but they readily come to an agreement over baked toast bread

(seems like a plot which came from a "make a story" forum game..)

real episode talk

it was mentioned before that Jean did often talk about transfer requests, but he never submitted any request

now we find him talking again about it with his direct superior, which makes me think it may be the superior to trash his transfer requests for some reason

the spywork in this serie is looking better and more clean to follow than Joker Game was

Magie is as useless as the first guy he sent, they just found about where Lotta lives and that she likes bread...but he has a contact with the other stalker at least...

is the coup plot going toward all the districts trying to become independent?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#18 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

is the coup plot going toward all the districts trying to become independent?

Well Snow district guy made it quite clear that should the time come he would Make Birra Great Again.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#19 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:45 AM

Well, not like I didn't see that coming but still a nice episode, the visual direction certainly picked up.

Edited by Otaku-N., 22 February 2017 - 03:45 AM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#20 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:58 AM

Well, not like I didn't see that coming but still a nice episode, the visual direction certainly picked up.

It was nice yet obvious twist.....However now I'm starting to feel like Nino might be his dad or some shit lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users