• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2996 replies to this topic

#2981 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

LOL is DBS really that worth having a heated discussion about?

#2982 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

LOL is DBS really that worth having a heated discussion about?

PL are serious business for the looks of it, DBS want to treat them like Marvel and DC, in there you got stuff like Batman dodging Darkseid lasers and barely any people complained...

Thread is getting a little heated. Be careful not to cross that line and start insulting each other directly. 

Doke.

• DarkNemesis likes this

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#2983 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

PL are serious business for the looks of it, DBS want to treat them like Marvel and DC, in there you got stuff like Batman dodging Darkseid lasers and barely any people complained...

Doke.

That is exactly way i read comics. Wait i do not read comics.

Wait it must be the fact i am a huge hypocrite and would never call out any other series beside super because i only hate super. Wait no i call other things as well.

Edited by waleuska, 19 September 2017 - 09:20 PM.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2984 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

Like Sailor Moon? I wonder if you ever complained about PLs on Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya, etc. 

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#2985 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

Like Sailor Moon? I wonder if you ever complained about PLs on Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya, etc. 

do not watch sailor moon.

I have bitch a lot about both bleach and naruto.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2986 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

The next chapter is such a let down....

Edited by Enbima, 20 September 2017 - 02:03 PM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#2987 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

That fat lady better be extremely powerful -.-' I swear if Goku didn't help Roshi (AGAIN) because he didn't take the fight seriously (AGAIN) I'll kill myself

Not even gonna bother with the whole Mafuba BS, or Frost keeping up with an enranged Vegeta, even if it was only for 5 seconds. Not even gonna bother with Roshi's thought process... "These 2 guys are 50 million times weaker than Vegeta, but I'll just almost kill myself because I wanna shine again"

Seriously, I still haven't understood what's the problem about lifting magetta and throwing him off stage. God Damn Jiren could probably knock him off without even touching him -.-'

BTW: Goku, Vegeta, you don't wanna waste all your stamina? Ask Jiren how it's done

• DarkNemesis and waleuska like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#2988 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

https://youtu.be/QKXTXxrQWq8 so i came across this and was surprised at what's to come in the next manga chapter(don't think it's fan made but could be wrong lol)

Fabolous ft Trey Songz "All There"

Spoiler

#2989 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

That fat lady better be extremely powerful -.-' I swear if Goku didn't help Roshi (AGAIN) because he didn't take the fight seriously (AGAIN) I'll kill myself

Not even gonna bother with the whole Mafuba BS, or Frost keeping up with an enranged Vegeta, even if it was only for 5 seconds. Not even gonna bother with Roshi's thought process... "These 2 guys are 50 million times weaker than Vegeta, but I'll just almost kill myself because I wanna shine again"

Seriously, I still haven't understood what's the problem about lifting magetta and throwing him off stage. God Damn Jiren could probably knock him off without even touching him -.-'

BTW: Goku, Vegeta, you don't wanna waste all your stamina? Ask Jiren how it's done

Frost forced Hit to fight seriously(for a moment), so there was no issue he was keeping up with SSJ Vegeta.

The Roshi thing is Toriyama retconning his strength to being stronger than Gotenks, because he wants to and fuck logic and coherence. How they were mentioning he was going to die was giving me Makarovs flashbacks.

20r7osn.png

#2990 JDG973

JDG973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon....

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

do not watch sailor moon.

I have bitch a lot about both bleach and naruto.

Well it's still the popular thing to bitch about Bleach and Naruto for some reason, so they don't count for much. One Piece is getting there, but it's a LOOOOONG way off before that'll be the new standard.
  • Chillman likes this

mpGgikj.jpg

"...Enlightened people are and the rest are becoming. I'm becoming. I'm somewhere between violence and tranquility, or violence and something yet to be decided."

- Vic Sage

Spoiler *Under Construction*

#2991 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Well it's still the popular thing to bitch about Bleach and Naruto for some reason, so they don't count for much. One Piece is getting there, but it's a LOOOOONG way off before that'll be the new standard.

Naruto and bleach stories were flaw. Now the thing about one piece right now is a love hate thing. I understand better than most what oda is doing and really respect that he is staying true to his story. In the long run the things people are piss off about now would be forgotten if oda stays on track.

I hate it that one of my favorite characters gets kick to the side line to make his story to make sense in some aspects. Like the person luffy is going to fight now i wanted sanji to fight. But if we look at the progress of luffy it makes way more sense for luffy to fight this character than sanji.

Unlike some writers oda understand powerlevels.

• Chillman likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2992 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

I hate it that one of my favorite characters gets kick to the side line to make his story to make sense in some aspects. Like the person luffy is going to fight now i wanted sanji to fight. But if we look at the progress of luffy it makes way more sense for luffy to fight this character than sanji.

Unlike some writers oda understand powerlevels.

I think the problem people have with OP is that they expected post TS Sanji to be on the level that Luffy is. They expected Luffy to be stronger, and his crew to be stronger. But that's not the way Oda ever worked. Luffy and the SHs must be the underdogs that grow to surpass the enemy. Him having Luffy being almost as strong as Kaidou and shit would be completely against his style. YEt I feel like that is the biggest issue most readers have with the story

Of course those readers probably don't watch DBS and don't know that if Luffy was as strong as Kaidou, OP would turn into DBS powerlevel BS, where Luffy would have to be dumb not to one shot 99% of his enemies (Like goku/Vegeta) and that would just be a lot worse

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#2993 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

I think the problem people have with OP is that they expected post TS Sanji to be on the level that Luffy is. They expected Luffy to be stronger, and his crew to be stronger. But that's not the way Oda ever worked. Luffy and the SHs must be the underdogs that grow to surpass the enemy. Him having Luffy being almost as strong as Kaidou and shit would be completely against his style. YEt I feel like that is the biggest issue most readers have with the story

Of course those readers probably don't watch DBS and don't know that if Luffy was as strong as Kaidou, OP would turn into DBS powerlevel BS, where Luffy would have to be dumb not to one shot 99% of his enemies (Like goku/Vegeta) and that would just be a lot worse

Yeah that is one problem that a lot of people have with the story. Unlike most manga artist, oda isn't going to give luffy huge power ups for no reason.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2994 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,827 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

The October episodes are gonna be too LIT and I can't wait

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2995 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:30 AM

mo7zYc9.pngmo7zYc9.pngmo7zYc9.png

• masterbio likes this

#2996 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

Didn't that happen in a cartoon where power levels are severely scaled down compared to the comics? I also remembered people complaining about that but it's Batman so he gets a pass.

#2997 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,870 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

NEW THREAD

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users