Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

Hopefully more like this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#462 Kamikazek

Kamikazek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:33 PM

Rough translation of the Gohan bit (Not from Herms btw)

Herms's translation is out now-

https://twitter.com/...741093015842819

"The strong Gohan of old who surpassed his father has returned!".

Wow, just wow, they are laying it on thick. Whoever writes the V-jump promos sure knows their audience. If it weren't Herms (and if I couldn't double check the JP scans myself) I would SWEAR this was a fake translation by a Gohan fan.

• Tokoya likes this

#463 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

What other way would you translate it?

#464 Kamikazek

Kamikazek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

What other way would you translate it?

I wouldn't translate it any different (well except for some purely esthetic phrasing differences). Herms's translation is spot on. I'm not saying it seems poorly translated, I'm saying the statement in Japanese itself totally sounds like the kind of stuff western fans often make up and try to pass off as translations of Japanese source material.

#465 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

C459mvLUkAAjeBO.jpg

He is Trunks level?

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#466 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

He is Trunks level?
well trunks basically killed zamasu, he showed ssj god level power

24gvaiu.jpg

#467 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

And well Gohan was shown to be even with SSJ Goku with God Ki.

Gohan might actually end up as the strongest of the group, because in EoZ it was implied was still the strongest non fused character on Earth...

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#468 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

HAHAHA

Is that how he really sounds in the DUB? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only non-Gohan character to win against Cell.

"Ok. But why...?" :laugh:

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#469 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:59 AM

So Gohan is going to surpass Goku without any type of training? How many dormant powers does this dude have? Each arc he fights in he unlocks more dormant powers? Freeza, Cell, Buu? WTF dude?

I'm loving the Gohan hype, but seriously, make it realistic PLEASE. No more Future Trunks' power-level evolutions!

I'm hoping this is for the actual tournament and not for his fight on this preview-tournament and he is actually trained by Whis/Daishikan before surpassing his father who is almost powerful enough to be a GoD

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#470 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:21 AM

@All 

Since you have a nice place in the Semi-Pro series, please, make a spoiler thread, an image thread or w/e you need. 

It will allow order and will prevent spoilers. 

Thank you.

• DarkNemesis, Black Dranzer, ixSheng and 2 others like this

#471 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:16 AM

https://youtu.be/pCj90QT7NfM

#472 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:37 AM

So Gohan is going to surpass Goku without any type of training? How many dormant powers does this dude have? Each arc he fights in he unlocks more dormant powers? Freeza, Cell, Buu? WTF dude?

I'm loving the Gohan hype, but seriously, make it realistic PLEASE. No more Future Trunks' power-level evolutions!

I'm hoping this is for the actual tournament and not for his fight on this preview-tournament and he is actually trained by Whis/Daishikan before surpassing his father who is almost powerful enough to be a GoD

But the difference is Gohan was always implied he had hidden potential, he always got "asspulls" powerup, that was his thing in DBZ.

20r7osn.png

#473 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

since you guys are evil

Spoilers HERE https://onemangaforu...-super-spoiler/

Edited by waleuska, 18 February 2017 - 09:47 AM.

• DarkNemesis and ixSheng like this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#474 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

This thread is going to die and we all are going to stay in the spoiler thread. lol

• JDG973, Zeando and superfranky like this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#475 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:45 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking LOL

• superfranky likes this

#476 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

Power

The Grand Priest is said to be one of the top 5 fighters of all the Universes. Whis himself, the most powerful fighter in Universe 7, admits his power is no match against the Grand Priest. In the manga version, Whis adds that Grand Priest is the strongest warrior in the multiverse, thereby standing above the other top four fighters. His power and authority is so high that both Supreme Kais and Gods of Destruction immediately kneel before him in respect.

So i was thinking that if he may be more powerful than Zeno just like Whis and Vados are stronger than their GoD, it was something that crossed my mind
Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#477 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,138 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

Power

The Grand Priest is said to be one of the top 5 fighters of all the Universes. Whis himself, the most powerful fighter in Universe 7, admits his power is no match against the Grand Priest. In the manga version, Whis adds that Grand Priest is the strongest warrior in the multiverse, thereby standing above the other top four fighters. His power and authority is so high that both Supreme Kais and Gods of Destruction immediately kneel before him in respect.

So i was thinking that if he may be more powerful than Zeno just like Whis and Vados are stronger than their GoD, it was something that crossed my mind

There's a theory that the Grand Priest is gonna be the secret villain of this arc so I wouldn't be surprised if he's stronger than Zeno
  • Doan likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#478 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

The future Grand priest got erased by Zeno though

I don't think he's more powerful than Zeno, but from what I understood last episode, Zeno doesn't even know what a fight is. He just erases things and plays around. Maybe the Grand Priest could kill him because of that, but I doubt he has more raw power.

I could see it happening in this arc and have a multi-universe team battle including GoDs, Kaioshins, some of the angels and the Universe's fighters, against the Grand priest and some of the angels.

Hell, we could even make Goku the new Zeno sama after it's over and we could restart the series with Goten and Trunks as main characters

• Doan likes this

#479 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

Also meant to say the other reason for me thinking that about him is because of the poster in the Spoiler Thread of how hes just chilling in the background, seems a lil suspect
Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#480 ixSheng

ixSheng

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

I think if DBS made a character stronger than Zeno we have a huge problem.. Power levels wouldn't be comprehensible at that point.. What exactly could someone do that Zeno cannot? Zeno survived erasing a universe.. So he is able to separate himself as even a part of the universe he's erasing.. The grand priest being a villain would be kinda cool but I think making him stronger than Zeno would enrage a lot of ppl..

Zeno is the creator of all things.. When he created the Grand Priest was he intentionally creating something superior to himself? If so why is Zeno still the top dog in terms of respect? 

Edited by ixSheng, 18 February 2017 - 07:30 PM.

Don't let anything anyone posts distract you from the fact that Krillin was the first of U7 to get knocked out in the ToP :laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users