15 replies to this topic

#1 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,294 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

This is a general thread. If anyone has a request, go for it.

So... can we get Dragon Ball Super moved to Semi-Pros? We already on Part 4 and Part 3 had 2000 posts in 4 months.

• Tale likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,290 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

http://onemangaforum...-majors-almost/

There's already a thread for it there :)

I'm reporting your post as well to see if everyone can agree on it, and if Greg can make a tag for it. 

• DarkNemesis likes this

#3 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,807 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:35 PM

Tag added!

Are there other manga that should be in Semi-Pro that aren't/anything that would benefit from a full forum?

• DarkNemesis likes this

#4 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,294 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

Thanks!

@Greg - do I have to create a new thread in semi pros or can the existing thread be moved there?

http://onemangaforum...l-super-part-4/

Edited by DarkNemesis, 23 January 2017 - 11:53 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#5 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,294 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

@azer_moli - can anyone move the thread?

Spoiler

#6 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,807 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

Thread has been moved

#7 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,294 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

Thread has been moved

Gracias!

Spoiler

#8 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:48 AM

I'd like to put in a request for Kingdom to be added to the semi-pro series. It's been on-going for a long time now, there's a good number of OMF users that read it weekly and I feel the current thread is at least as active as the Tower of God thread's that are already in semi-pro. Thanks for your time in reading this mods/admins. :)

• azer_moli and Red Opus like this

#9 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,807 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

In principle, I'm not opposed to it. That said, I'd say that as an experiment the Semi-Pro area has kind of been a failure. The intention was really to have an area that people could open multiple threads for a manga without cluttering the index with a ton of forums, but there haven't really been any series where the discussion spread out over multiple threads.

#10 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

In principle, I'm not opposed to it. That said, I'd say that as an experiment the Semi-Pro area has kind of been a failure. The intention was really to have an area that people could open multiple threads for a manga without cluttering the index with a ton of forums, but there haven't really been any series where the discussion spread out over multiple threads.

Is that a challenge for me to go open up like 100 tower of god character threads?  :lolxg:  :lol:

• Red Opus likes this

#11 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,807 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:20 AM

I mean, hey, if you use them I'll be thrilled

• azer_moli and Asch like this

#12 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:55 PM

Or is it time to add to / remove from / archive / replace what’s in the major series section

#13 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:03 AM

Or is it time to add to / remove from / archive / replace what’s in the major series section

Always open to suggestions that people want promoted/moved or whatever.  I've moved the order around a few times and changed the descriptions when I was feeling whimsical, but haven't looked into adding new series lately.

• Red Opus likes this

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#14 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

Always open to suggestions that people want promoted/moved or whatever.  I've moved the order around a few times and changed the descriptions when I was feeling whimsical, but haven't looked into adding new series lately.

I think Hero Academia might deserve a major series label, and mm I’m biased but I like black clover, I think it’s also deserving of a major series label

It may be a weird suggestion but I think archiving naruto and bleach, creating a “legends” section and just giving them just 1 topic would be cool, and we can add other legendary manga there aswell,

#15 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:15 PM

Uhh, is the Boku no Hero Academia not the same as My Hero Academia or have I lost it?  I mean, there is an entire sub-forum for it right there under One Piece.  :D

Black Clover - I'm partial to the series and love it but would want others to weigh in as well.  Another option would be to do shared sub-forums again and maybe break out some of the more popular but smaller series together into a section.  Like BC and something else in their own section.  Could break out the semi-pros like this a bit, but let's not get too crazy.    

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#16 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:47 PM

I think a problem with the shared semi-pro forum is that there is no indication of which series are in it unless you click on the forum itself. It only shows Toriko from the main page and that is a series that ended years ago now.

But I've kind of soured on shared sub-forums with how the semi-pros is structured. I think it would be best to have a sub-forum group and then each semi-pro series in it has their own sub-forum instead of a shared one. Then you can experiment more with adding more series to it, like a Black Clover. I don't think I'd want them all to be bumped up to major series as that would make the main page a bit crowded, but I don't know.

I guess that is what we had in the past. The series outside the major series were listed alphabetically but the more popular ones had their own sub-forum listed under different alphabetical groupings.

• Asch and Chillman like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users