Photo

[Miscellaneous] Official Volume Thread (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#301 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:36 PM

Low Quality Preview of volume 94's cover.

ECaVxlM5GtPItTIs3diuuwMdLIXIZVDB_U4cTlVZ

• Oben and Chillman like this

#302 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:36 AM

^
That's a great cover. Even with bad quality and in black and white I can see greatness.

I bet it will have another SBS wasted with useless information and bad questions.

I used to think it was all because oda was picking the bad questions but after reading odas last interview. I realized it's a Japanese thing to ask irrelevant questions.

Edited by Abaroxa, 18 September 2019 - 07:36 AM.

#303 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:38 AM

Vol 94 cover
95107qu25wo31.jpg
  • capu, Madara D Dragon and Chillman like this

#304 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:59 PM

EF497aXXUAA7_3j.jpg

• capu likes this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#305 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 05:07 PM

SBS images. Ohara will have a full, cleaner version later but here's what Reddit has posted so far.

Inside Cover
T5yz7yq.jpg

Page 24
IsmnUn1.jpg
Reader: Oda sensei, I have an important report for you. On page 23 of vol 87, Sanji kicked Big Mom, right? Where did Sanji, who won’t kick women, go?!
Oda: Okay. I received a couple other letters regarding this, but that’s not what happened! Big Mom attempted to punch Reiju, and Luffy and Sanji stopped her. That’s what happened here in this scene. However, can you stopped Big Mom’s punch by merely catching it?! No, you can’t!! So in order to cancel out the power of her punch, he blocked it with his kick!! Which means he’s just protecting themselves, it’s not a violent action toward a woman!! So Sanji didn’t violate his policy!!

Page 60
YSosMGb.jpg

Reader: The names for all admirals follow the format of “color+animal”, right. So I thought there’s a organization in the Marine Headquarter, where they’ll discuss and decide the names for each admiral. Could it be that the head of that organization is Vice Admiral Nazuketagari*, who has a hobby of determining names? That must be it, right...?!
Oda: Dat..That’s right!! I’m impressed that you knew. And not just the admirals, he named every member of the Marine who has a epithet!!

*sounds similar to “likes naming things”

Reader : Chapter 943... it’s so touching!!!(ben!!)
Reader : Izo?! The commander of the 16th division of Whitebeard Pirates, Izo was one of the Nine Scabbards? Ahhh...Was Kouzuki Oden the commander of the 16th division?!
OdaOh... You guys noticed another small detail. Young Kin’emon and the others in the flashback scene. If you count there’re exactly 9 people, huh? You guys thought it was Okiku...it’s someone with a little different aura...By the way, “Izo” is one of the commanders that appeared in the Summit War arc. It’s true that they look similar since Izo also wore a kimono. And in vol 82 chapter 820, it did said that some people from “Wano Country” got on Whitebeard’s ship~.[/size] One day the answer to this question will be revealed, so just continue reading. You’ll notice it, right~!

Page 78
iAUTR2W.jpg

Older Usopp :

• Age 40: The pirate flag is calling out to me!!

• Age 60: Yeah, I'm starting to miss her!!

Future where something happened :

• Age 40: Luffy's my disciple.

• Age 60: Zoro? Yeah... he's my disciple.

Page 96
cofnYx7.jpg

Reader : Oda-sensei, I want to be useful to people so I would really like to work at the public baths as a [Sansuke (male bath worker)]. However, I only have two arms so I can only work on the woman’s side. P.N. Sanadacchi *
Oda: He’s back again, the pervert Sanada!! No way. If you had that job the only future you would have would be behind bars!! This topic of [Sansuke] throughout history is a long one so anybody who is interested should look into it. Basically, they are a male worker in mixed bathing bath houses whose jobs are to wash to bodies of the customers, a vestige of the Edo-era. A pervert like Sanada would never be fit for this job! Stop it!!

Reader: I want to see more of the mixed-bathing scene -degozaru. Sanada-san wanted me to tell you. P.N. Macchi and Takeshi
Oda : Sanada you bastard!!

Reader : Sanada-san said he wanted to be stepped on by Komurasaki. P.N. Macchi and Takeshi
Oda : SANADA!! Stop corrupting the public morals of the SBS!![

Reader : The tree on top of Shutenmaru’s head is modelled after the Rakugo [Head Mountain] right? In Oda-sensei’s case, where would your tree sprout from?
Oda : That’s correct! The Rakugo [Head Mountain] program is a strange story where Sakura trees sprout from the head of humans. They explain that as the reason for why people like to gather around for flower watching. It’s quite the surreal story. Eh, in my case, if you ask where my tree would sprout from the answer is obvious. My anus!! Let’s see everybody come for flower watching!! Hm? I can hear police sirens….

Page 134
GpgsTxc.jpg

Reader : Oda-san! I have a question!! On P67 of Volume 90, the girl who collapsed onto Bello Betty was wearing a skirt that looked very similar to Moda from the cover story of Ch 278 [Ace’s Great Search for Blackbeard]. Is that girl Moda? P.N. Kyarin
Oda : Yes. Absolutely correct. Well spotted. When Ace was there, the Lulusia Kingdom was still a peaceful place. However, the current king, King Seki, is a cruel leader and so his people suffer under his rule. After the Revolutionary Army bestowed courage upon the people, Moda and everybody else are continuing to do their best

Page 172
k5rgqJx.jpg

How the strawhat would call Osoba Mask :
Luffy : Black! Mask ! Mane
Zoro : Dumbass
Nami : Cape
Usopp : Lightning Sky Kaiser
Robin : Ominous mask
Chopper : Go Sanji
Franky : Black Rolling Destroyer

Page 190:
EL9X4pa.jpg

Reader : Odacchi! I noticed something! Didn’t Mr. Hyogoro also has flame-like hair like the “Koma-dog” and “Koma-deer” does...which means he’s a “Koma-human”, right!!!
Oda: Ah! Is that so...! Okay, he’s a Koma-human then.

Edited by Nintendocat, 02 October 2019 - 05:08 PM.

• Oben, Enbima, Abaroxa and 1 other like this

#306 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,087 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:47 AM

Page 24
https://i.imgur.com/IsmnUn1.jpg...
Reader: Oda sensei, I have an important report for you. On page 23 of vol 87, Sanji kicked Big Mom, right? Where did Sanji, who won’t kick women, go?!
Oda: Okay. I received a couple other letters regarding this, but that’s not what happened! Big Mom attempted to punch Reiju, and Luffy and Sanji stopped her. That’s what happened here in this scene. However, can you stopped Big Mom’s punch by merely catching it?! No, you can’t!! So in order to cancel out the power of her punch, he blocked it with his kick!! Which means he’s just protecting themselves, it’s not a violent action toward a woman!! So Sanji didn’t violate his policy!!

Imagine the headache to come up with this mental gymnastics. Sad thing is probably believes this reasoning makes sense...
  • Tale likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#307 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:41 AM

Ya I said that when the chapter came out. Sanji hit a woman.

And if you want to use that logic "I kicked her in the fist as hard as I could so she wouldnt hit me" it is only a very small jump in logic to say "I hit her in the skull as hard as I could so she wouldnt hit me"

And what you really have to be impressed by is how horrible a writer oda has to he to put himself in this situation in the first place.
If mr 1 cab block a slash from mihawk I dont think a single fan would cry foul if luffy alone blocked that BM attack.
And if you 100% have to have another crew member helping luffy. Idk have jimbe help, have chopper or brook help. Hell have all the sh crew except Sanji help. Or have the G66 help. Cc can help. Maybe even Capone could help...

Or if you really want sanji to be there, have him do what he did to Khalifa and just block, he can get thrown back or break his leg again (not like he needed it to bake a cake)

It is just amazing that oda made the one character who doesnt hit women hit a woman.... I guess this is the type of writing you expect from a man who twice made df users float.

Oh well. Sanji has evolved from a blanket "no hitting women" rule. To now being able to hit women if his intent isnt violence.

Well hell, all the times I say sanji is a shit character because he wont hit women. I dont intend violence, I just want sanji to stop allowing women, whom he could easily beat, to severely injur nami.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#308 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:57 PM

Preview of Volume 95 cover.
efx9kazwp6x31.png

Edited by Nintendocat, 07 November 2019 - 01:57 PM.

• Chillman likes this

#309 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 07 November 2019 - 06:18 PM

Preview of Volume 95 cover.
https://i.redd.it/efx9kazwp6x31.png...

I read on twitter that the pose of those three with their swords, reads Kozuki.

• Chillman likes this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users