Photo

[Miscellaneous] Official Volume Thread (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#161 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:53 AM

EMPEROR ANZU

(link)

(I mean, not really biologically, but still, it'd be something :lol:)

I saw some articles saying chicken is distantly related to dinosaur in some way. Never research to know if it is true, though

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#162 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,385 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

You don't wanna see what Pineapple Turkey should have been?

You forget marquis.

No and i will tell you why. The mystical zoan is a cool idea, and the pheonix isnt a bad mystical creature. But the way oda did/would do it, is. Healing is not the most useful ability in a world where marco's boss tool a sword to the center of the chest (where the heart and spine are) and acted like nothing happened.

So healing would be awesome irl, but logia can ignore attacks, some df dont take damage at all (iron/rubber) and some characters just dont ever go down regardless of damage. Some characters like crackers just excell at not getting damaged.

So if healing isnt impressive, all he has left is claws, which arent impressive either.

Hallariously, tamago's df works the same way you would expect a pheonix df to work. Every time he is killed he is reborn...... why is oda doing that now but not for marco....

I saw some articles saying chicken is distantly related to dinosaur in some way. Never research to know if it is true, though

All birds are technically dinosaurs.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#163 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

Healing is not the most useful ability in a world where marco's boss tool a sword to the center of the chest (where the heart and spine are) and acted like nothing happened.

So healing would be awesome irl, but logia can ignore attacks, some df dont take damage at all (iron/rubber) and some characters just dont ever go down regardless of damage. Some characters like crackers just excell at not getting damaged.

What? WB was spitting blood and holding his chest and latter he coughed blood and let Akainu took advantage. How is that ''nothing happened''?

Logia can be CoA'ed or matched up against natural enemy element (Enel vs Luffy). Luffy's rubber still get hurt by sharp objects, CoA and Kizaru's laser. So yeah, regeneration is pretty useful, until it runs out, that is. I mean Marco just fly straight through Kizaru's biggest attack to date without a care. Tell Cracker to try that...

And I know Marco can still get CoA punch (Garp probably did that) but still, the argument that his fruit does not do better than Logia isn't an argument that his fruit is not impressive. It allows him to tango with much more powerful opponents. If Usopp had that fruit he could be much braver and afford to take hits. Maybe charge at Lucci and Kaku and Jabura like their attacks are fodders' then shoot a sea stone cuff on them at close distance hahaha

All birds are technically dinosaurs.

Never know. Not my field.

Edited by Fulmine, 06 November 2017 - 09:14 AM.

#164 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,385 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:03 AM

What? WB was spitting blood and holding his chest and latter he coughed blood and let Akainu took advantage. How is that ''nothing happened''?

Logia can be CoA'ed or matched up against natural enemy element (Enel vs Luffy). Luffy's rubber still get hurt by sharp objects, CoA and Kizaru's laser. So yeah, regeneration is pretty useful, until it runs out, that is. I mean Marco just fly straight through Kizaru's biggest attack to date without a care. Tell Cracker to try that...
And I know Marco can still get CoA punch (Garp probably did that) but still, the argument that his fruit does not do better than Logia isn't an argument that his fruit is not impressive. It allows him to tango with much more powerful opponents. If Usopp had that fruit he could be much braver and afford to take hits. Maybe charge at Lucci and Kaku and Jabura like their attacks are fodders' then shoot a sea stone cuff on them at close distance hahaha

Never know. Not my field.

Ya when wb fell down it was funny because marco's first instinct was to think about wbs failing health and the time he removed the Iv. Besides, compared to what should of happened, complete paralysis and instant death from shock or blood loss, i would consider a small heart attack nothing. Of course akainu turned it into a little more then nothing but that isnt the point.

You know i have argued this same arguement when talking about a certain healing xmen.... i dont think that is a good ability. A weakling being able to heal is still garbage in a fight. Espically in the world of OP.

But you are right i am not being fair, it is better then nothing, it is better then all other regular zoan and better then even a few paramicum like the swim fruit. Not everyone can have the light fruit or the fravity fruit so i accept it isnt the worst fruit someone can be stuck with.

But in terms of game changing offense i think it is behind moat other fruit.

banner.png

#165 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

One Piece Vol. 80 cover: 

Spoiler

Edited by Kazekage, 16 February 2018 - 11:13 AM.

• Oben, capu and Chillman like this

#166 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

88 I think.

#167 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

One of the worst so far.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#168 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

There's already SBS translation of volume 88, the latest, on reddit. But it's not from sandman who we usually get it from.

#169 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:08 AM

Hahaha now I have to imagine kid with a scotish accent.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#170 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:17 AM

Latest SBS here

Smoothie hates meat LOL That's why she has to stay away or Luffy will one-shot her

BM has a year break between Peros and Katakuri and another between Opera and Cracker.

BB would be an archaeologist? Well, he indeed knows a lot, maybe more than Robin, haha.

Law is German?

Urouge would be a cabaret club manager...fallen monk indeed

Muahaha, a reader thinks the same as I do about making Bege a landlord

DAT DD having connections even in ID...

• Oben and Chillman like this

#171 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,385 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

I like how cluncky some of these translations sound.
"My kid is cute"
"Oh so you are happy after all"
After all what? Does oda know about a massive adventure these people went on that he wont tell us?

Idk why but smoothies height compared to crackers and peros seems shorter then i thought.

So oda can publish letters leading to marriage but he cant tell me how moria's west blue island got across the red line?!?!
Also, not trying to get ban here.... but what the hell japan, why was a woman begging a man to marry her and he said he only would if some random author published a letter? Dude.... either tell her to get lost or put a ring on it dont let her demasculate you like that.
Also as i was debating of i should skip my "women poping the question" rant it occured to me, how old are these people writing in? Did oda accidentally force a 10 year old to marry his 12 year old cousin?

Dude now that we know dogtooth has a split mouth. Maybe dont say "that guy is modeled off me" until you have seen what is behind the obvious face covering.

BB Somalia? Ummmm..... you know my President has a wrd for countries like that.... oh shit...... no dont tell me.... this is a set up for BB's flashback....great. BB is going to have a past the exact same as luffy, he cam from a junk yard fighting to survive and was mistrested by world nobles. Awesome....

Dogtooth wasnt born with a split mouth? Well now we know he had it when he was 10ish years old so how ever he got that i am sure it isnt a cool story.

Oh bm is taller then WB? Wow she is almost as tall as a giant, not bad for a human.

Oda doesnt make "perfect people?" Kid have you not seen enel? Hahaha jk. Nami, namis the perfect one. Also hancock. Oda typically makes the good guys good looking and the villains bad looking, most writers and directors do, people are attracted to good looking people and root for them more. Also,as far as "perfect" goes, i mean....lucci wasnt missing any legs or anything wasnt he perfect?
Also If you want perfect people go read FT. Although you might have to do what i do and black out wendy and Gary, there perfect.

Luffy called alvadia a beauty? When? Also ya odas explanation makes a ton of sense. Luffy has judged peoples looks at times. Although the "A sexual" thing may be funny to some people i dont like it.... if he was always saying "i dont have time for love, i have a dream" thats fine. But for him to walk into the room of the most beautiful woman in the world.... twice... and not feel a thing, that is weird. Although it saved his life.

Whats with this "rinse" thing? Is that supppsed to be a joke? Is it an old person joke?

banner.png

#172 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

I wish someone would ask Oda to draw Alvida as a child  and Gloriosa as a young woman as he has yet to do so. 

Edited by darthfury78, 07 March 2018 - 05:26 PM.

#173 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

D: Oda-sensei!!!! He kept his promise. Come to the wedding? -P.N. Shogo Michibata
O: That's! Everyone, take a look at this, please. From the volume 58 SBS:

D: Oda-sensei~! There's a person who promised to marry me if this was published in SBS, so please publish it. ♥ Odacchi, please make me happy ♥♥ P.N. Michibatake Shou--

O: Of course. I've published it. To her boy: Keep your promises!

They're getting married!! Thanks to the SBS!? (laughs) I guess it can help people, this Corner. I can't go to the wedding, but congratulations! May your life be filled with happiness~ I published your second letter (laughs)

This was cute. One Piece making marriages happen. This manga is too powerful. When will your faves etc. 

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#174 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:53 AM

As I was searching info on the volume 87, I came across this guy that spotted something really intriguing
First lets note that volume 87 is a volume with the antagonist crew on the cover.
The only other volumes were:
volume 21 with Baroque Works,
volume 42 with Cp9,
and volume 77 with Donquixote family.

Now note how the volume that follows is a volume displaying he SH on the cover:
volume 22,
volume 43,
and volume 78.

and to terminate this note how the chapter that follows the SH cover are:
volume 23 where crocodile is defeat,
volume 44 where Lucci is defeat,
volume 79 where DD is defeat.

A: Normally volumes only have 8 chapters in it.
B: Volume 87 terminates in chapter 879.
C: If we assume the size based on A and take into account B, then volume 88 will terminate on chapter 887.
D: If we assume based on C then volume 89 will finish in chapter 895 with Katakuri or BM defeat.
E: If we assume based on D, the next arc will begin before or on chapter 900.

My assumptions were totall wrong:
A turned out to be 10/11 chapters;
C turned out to be chapter 889;
D turned out to be chapter 896 and;
E will most likely be wrong.

Well at least I'm sure I can predict the next volume cover. It will be Sanji over a cake in the middle with his backs turned away with luffy on the left side facing katakuri which will be on the right side.

#175 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,385 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:03 AM

My assumptions were totall wrong:
A turned out to be 10/11 chapters;
C turned out to be chapter 889;
D turned out to be chapter 896 and;
E will most likely be wrong.

Well at least I'm sure I can predict the next volume cover. It will be Sanji over a cake in the middle with his backs turned away with luffy on the left side facing katakuri which will be on the right side.

I am of the opinion that all coincidences in OP are random.
Except the chapter 800 end of dr and impeding chapter 900 end of wci, That had to be planed.

banner.png

#176 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

I am of the opinion that all coincidences in OP are random.
Except the chapter 800 end of dr and impeding chapter 900 end of wci, That had to be planed.

Aroubd chapter 400 we start getting hints of ace, this turned out to be a key issue that took the duration of 100 chapters.
3d2y on chap600 after too many flashbacks were calculated as well.
From 700 to 800 is DR. Like you said calculated.
Zou was a set up for wano and was also a set up for WCI.

This delays are obviously calculated and all the other "coincident" don't mean Oda thought about it 200 chapters ago. It only means Oda knows his manga and that he goes back and reuses content he introduced in the past.
Ussopp lies coming through is just Oda trolling us readers. There is no way he knew how everything was going to go down.
Sabo being in Loguetown was just Oda reusing an old design he had laying around in plain eyesight.
I can keep going but my point is that Oda is not like toriyama who forgot SS3. Oda knows his manga and knows he can keep engaging people this way.

#177 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,385 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

Aroubd chapter 400 we start getting hints of ace, this turned out to be a key issue that took the duration of 100 chapters.
3d2y on chap600 after too many flashbacks were calculated as well.
From 700 to 800 is DR. Like you said calculated.
Zou was a set up for wano and was also a set up for WCI.

This delays are obviously calculated and all the other "coincident" don't mean Oda thought about it 200 chapters ago. It only means Oda knows his manga and that he goes back and reuses content he introduced in the past.
Ussopp lies coming through is just Oda trolling us readers. There is no way he knew how everything was going to go down.
Sabo being in Loguetown was just Oda reusing an old design he had laying around in plain eyesight.
I can keep going but my point is that Oda is not like toriyama who forgot SS3. Oda knows his manga and knows he can keep engaging people this way.

I dont mean that, i mean most of the "patterns" fans see are usually not intended.
Like sh members joining boy girl boy boy. I think we read into op a little more then oda does. We are looking for little hints about the end of op and Oda is just busy hiding pandaman in his artwork.
  • Chillman likes this

banner.png

#178 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:12 AM

Eh, you guys know the address (Shueisha building?) to send the questions of SBS? I have a few friends living in Tokyo right now and I want to ask them to send it for me.

#179 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:54 AM

It is easier to ask your friends for adress :rolleyes:

#180 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

Eh, you guys know the address (Shueisha building?) to send the questions of SBS? I have a few friends living in Tokyo right now and I want to ask them to send it for me.

If you ask a question end the question with a garchu like the minks do and don't forget to be a total pervert.
If you mask your question like that Oda might just answer your question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users