142 replies to this topic

#41 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

A necessary, but garbage chapter plus a break next week.

That's like 4 garbage chapters in a row now.

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#42 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:52 AM

Honestly, I believe capone is weak. Why? Because he has a low bounty, he didn't show any special skills when he captured sanji, shot pekomamushi and refused to fight mekomamushi. I also believe that by killing BM he wouldn't be able to replace her. Other pirates would swarm BM territories and even the sweet commanders would be too much for capone to handle.

With all this being said, can't he at least try?
He might fail but at least he gave his all. Luffy doesn't have to be the only reckless captain out there.
As for capone strength. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. We haven't seen him fail at nothing. All we saw was him retreating when facing an unexpected opponent.

To conclude, I think he is weak but just like Fox Muller: "I want to believe".

Great first paragraph.

But your second paragraph doesn't at all take into account Capone's character. I mean you might as well if said "ya akainu loves absolute justice but why can't he also work allow pirates to kill citizens"

Capone's whole character is based around him being a smart strigical mafia style boss. Even this coup is compeletly in character, but. For him to be reckless, that makes no sense.

And while his actions are 100% in character, his motives are....... confusing.... if not non-existent.

Perhaps he thinks he can gain much more having a commander as the leader if the crew, instead of BM, since she has some mental issues. I mean, Capone is kinda old on fighting terms (40), and he is no DD. He has a bad DF, probably a laughble haki and a useless crew. In the great pirate world, the max he can hope for is to have a good spot on a yonko crew, using his brain. Maybe he can get by using one of the commanders... Now, if Oda use him as a way to create a chance for Luffy, Sanji and co to get away safely, stating that he is trying to take over BM mantle... Thats just stupid. It's like Squardo joining with Jozu to try and take WB down.
Oda has to understand that out of the 11 supernova (9, cause Zoro and Killer are right hand men), not all of them can be PK material. Law, Kidd and Luffy are the only ones, the rest are weak and can only hope for a spot as a commander of some fleet. (And Law could even put a fight vs Mingo, Kid didnt even scratch Kaido, so yeah, only Luffy has, right now, some chance, and the dude couldnt even overpower the haki of a commander)

Oh ya I don't have any hope for him at all. So your theory is he is only doing the coup so he can get a commander spot in the new BM crew?

Here is how a mafia guy does that.
Capone plans a coup with smoothie leading the charge.
Coup is about to take place and Capone informs BM about the plans.
BM killed all the traitors and Capone gains unprecedented trust in her crew.
Capone uses new trust to influence BM and control her actions.

Or if you want my opinion on what Capone should do. Well that is simple. He needs to find pluton. If he can incorporate an ancient weapon into his body and become a human ancient weapon (no this isn't wapol's plan recycled shut up, and I am aware shashori is already a human ancient weapon) then he would become.... at least a little stronger maybe not emperor level but commander level? That is possible.

If Capone is able to incorporate pluton into his castle, lock sashori up (and control her somehow) and find the 3rd ancient weapon. He could be.... dare I say it.... a treat!

Hey none of that matters.

What matters now is I was right..... I mean what matters now is BM is dying this arc. We never have to see her hypeless ass ever again.

No, you're just like me, easily the sanest person on Earth.

Anw, nothing surprising or unpredictable this chapter
-Oh, Nico Sanji. He's so calm at first why do you have to do that Oda-sensei?
-Jinbe saved Pekoms (those sharks)
-Vinsmokes being oblivious
-Capone (most likely. A 4th side would be too clustered and Oda does not have the skill to make it succinct so hope not) is doing something. Well, it's not surprising since we all know they are planning something but to see it happen already is nice. At the expense of Bobbin though...whatever, party starts!

I want to see Bobbin fight...

Don't take this from me fulmine I have been waiting forever for people to finally realize how much Sanji sucks.

I was hoping it would be for his fighting style but it turned out only I find kicking boring in a world where people throw massive fists of fire at each other.
Sanji is literally he Lucy of op, I can control fire, I can control ice, I can make any weapons appear, I can turn into several demons, I can ask for others to help me fight.....awesome power there.

Wait where was I going with this.....oh ya sanity finally prevailed! People realized sanii sucks, it was for the wrong reasons... but I guess doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is acceptable...

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#43 Qbix

Qbix

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationRobin's lap

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

My boy Eneru shooting Bobbin, continuing his mission to destabilize the Yonkous' troops from within. Brilliant. Can't wait for him to take over Big Moms spot.

• Fulmine likes this

#44 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

My boy Eneru shooting Bobbin, continuing his mission to destabilize the Yonkous' troops from within. Brilliant. Can't wait for him to take over Big Moms spot.

wait, it's that a crack theory or you just mistook Capone for Enel?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#45 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

Is it bad that objectively speaking, Enel is more qualified to take BM's spot then Capone?

Ignoring my membership to the church. Enel is actually more of a threat then Capone.... I really hate this arc....

wait, it's that a genius theory or you just mistook Capone for Enel?

Fixed

Obviously a brilliant theory.

1- no one would ever assume Capone is qualified to take BM's spot.
2- no one would ever call that ugly weakling Capone "my boy"

So clearly he was referring to Enel.

As for his comment about "take them out from within" that probably doesn't translate well, that is a common expressing used to refer to people shooting others from long distances away (like the moon)
  • Fulmine likes this

banner.png

#46 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

"What on earth is Capone trying to get by betraying BM?"

Room for him to grow and be the one of the yonkou. Therefore being closer to be the next PK.

did you mean that as creating a void of power after Big Mom is down, where Capone could be more free to move and be able to gain more powerful crew members?

it's also possible Capone isn't trying to get the position of Yonkou, but only something else Big Mom owns, the road poneglyph or some other useful tool

even if that would be lame if that was what Capone is after, since while he took maybe around 2 years to play undercover as an ally of Big Mom, the Strawhats just came with only half of them and managed to steal copies of all the 3 poneglyphs

the idea of trying to bring Big Mom down to create a void of power isn't bad

about Capone's chances of success, Pekoms already hinted his plan was flawed from the start, when he said to don't understimate  Big Mom before being shot

i'm expecting someone into Capone crew to be a spy for Big Mom (Vito looks good given the focus he got), and when Capone will be about to do his coup he'll get backstabbed from one of his crew members

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#47 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:17 AM

Great first paragraph.

But your second paragraph doesn't at all take into account Capone's character. I mean you might as well if said "ya akainu loves absolute justice but why can't he also work allow pirates to kill citizens"

Capone's whole character is based around him being a smart strigical mafia style boss. Even this coup is compeletly in character, but. For him to be reckless, that makes no sense.

And while his actions are 100% in character, his motives are....... confusing.... if not non-existent.

Oh ya I don't have any hope for him at all. So your theory is he is only doing the coup so he can get a commander spot in the new BM crew?

Here is how a mafia guy does that.
Capone plans a coup with smoothie leading the charge.
Coup is about to take place and Capone informs BM about the plans.
BM killed all the traitors and Capone gains unprecedented trust in her crew.
Capone uses new trust to influence BM and control her actions.

Or if you want my opinion on what Capone should do. Well that is simple. He needs to find pluton. If he can incorporate an ancient weapon into his body and become a human ancient weapon (no this isn't wapol's plan recycled shut up, and I am aware shashori is already a human ancient weapon) then he would become.... at least a little stronger maybe not emperor level but commander level? That is possible.

If Capone is able to incorporate pluton into his castle, lock sashori up (and control her somehow) and find the 3rd ancient weapon. He could be.... dare I say it.... a treat!

Hey none of that matters.

What matters now is I was right..... I mean what matters now is BM is dying this arc. We never have to see her hypeless ass ever again.

Don't take this from me fulmine I have been waiting forever for people to finally realize how much Sanji sucks.

I was hoping it would be for his fighting style but it turned out only I find kicking boring in a world where people throw massive fists of fire at each other.
Sanji is literally he Lucy of op, I can control fire, I can control ice, I can make any weapons appear, I can turn into several demons, I can ask for others to help me fight.....awesome power there.

Wait where was I going with this.....oh ya sanity finally prevailed! People realized sanii sucks, it was for the wrong reasons... but I guess doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is acceptable...

still likes sanij, do not really care about kidd, thinks enel overrated. Bring it!

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#48 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

Chapter was top-notch, easily 9.2/10

Anyway, Sanji finally going back home where he belong!

Bobbin, overrated scumbag got what he deserved.

I swear Judge definetly know something, he stopped drinking and thanked Sanji (he broke his character..)

Nami is hot as usual (Five know it)

Depend for who, garbage chapter...lol

dpaolu96145.gif
Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
SLAYERS AND SHINIGAMI NO TORA

https://onemangaforu...1-snake-tongue/
SNAKE TONGUE

#49 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

still likes sanij, do not really care about kidd, thinks enel overrated. Bring it!

Enel overrated? Not even WB could destroy an island, the only character in the manga to destroy an island is not even close to rated properly.

banner.png

#50 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:46 AM

Enel overrated? Not even WB could destroy an island, the only character in the manga to destroy an island is not even close to rated properly.

ohh enel can destroy cloud so scary. Enel sure in hell didn't destroy skypiea. He did blow up some clouds though.  

• Enbima, Strobacaxi, Sesshoumaru and 1 other like this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#51 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

It would have been cool if Sanji "you want the truth, you can't handle the truth."

• durra072 likes this

#52 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

ohh enel can destroy cloud so scary. Enel sure in hell didn't destroy skypiea. He did blow up some clouds though.

I don't debate with people that don't read. You clearly saw Enel melt metal and vaporize rock.....

Enel destroyed an island catch up sanji

It would have been cool if Sanji "you want the truth, you can't handle the truth."

Sanji's first cool scene this whole arc?

Sanji's first cool scene this whole arc?

banner.png

#53 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

At least its better than Dressrossa... Ok that's not much of a standard either.

• number21, Zeando and Grimmjagger like this

#54 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:36 PM

At least its better than Dressrossa... Ok that's not much of a standard either.

compared to all the previous arcs in the new world, this one seems to be more clean and polished, even if at the cost of looking a bit rushed (how many fights were skipped since the rescue team left Zou?)

but the previous arcs since fishman island were way too dragged out for their own good..

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#55 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

Is it rushed? I think it only feels that way because half the arc we didn't know what was going to happen next. (I did but thatnis besides the point)

At least it isn't as bad as ph where all the characters did was run around like Forrest the entire arc..... well that is chopper and carrot but luffy has gotten to stand around a little
  • trafalgarlawisop likes this

banner.png

#56 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

it feels a bit rushed to me for all the battles which were skipped(Chopper-Brulee, Brook-BigMom, part of Luffy-Cracker, Sanji-Yonji, and there should be more i'm missing..)

that aside the story is moving at a nice pace, whereas the previous arcs had their story progression slowed down by too many battles or by too many secondary characters taking time for themselves

• trafalgarlawisop and Grimmjagger like this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#57 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

compared to all the previous arcs in the new world, this one seems to be more clean and polished, even if at the cost of looking a bit rushed (how many fights were skipped since the rescue team left Zou?)

but the previous arcs since fishman island were way too dragged out for their own good..

Agreed. The main characters feel like the main characters again. I am actually happy to see Sanji and Luffy interacting again. I pretty much lost count of skipped fights which ended up being shown in the anime. How can Oda expect to make us feel tension and danger if we don't ever see the fights and characters we are supposed to care barely in danger ? Fight scenes or action scenes are popular in media because they are simple, easy, to understand, can tell a story with few words, acts a good counterpart to expositional scenes, raises the tension, and can even keep the audience on the edge of their seats if its well executed.

FI at least had something going on every chapter. Oda made every straw hats shine in battle and interact a lot between them. He did not give the royal family an abusive amount of screen time unlike dressrosa and did not force to make me love a bully. PH was a setup arc but had the ensemble cast of a major arc and it did not work and dragged the pacing as well. The only thing that Oda could do with most of them is running to the point he was making fun of himself. Dressrosa... No comment.

Even Oda could not escape the time skip curse. I still wonder why they tend to fail.

• Zeando likes this

#58 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:05 PM

The fact that Nami plan on going where Sanji and Luffy is, since no mirrors leads there that mean they are going out of them to go...More trouble coming in 2 weeks.

dpaolu96145.gif
Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
SLAYERS AND SHINIGAMI NO TORA

https://onemangaforu...1-snake-tongue/
SNAKE TONGUE

#59 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

Capone's thing has never been being powerful, so idk why people keep throwing that at his face. He's cunning.
  • JDG973 likes this

#60 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

You're that guy who hates the boxer in Tekken aren't you?
  • Grimmjagger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users