#61 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

Removed

Your tastes are of questionable quality, this chapter is impactful, and this arc is of acceptable quality.

Edited by azer_moli, 17 February 2017 - 03:31 PM.

• ddboy102, Lucky Wolf, Zeando and 3 others like this

#62 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

Capone's thing has never been being powerful, so idk why people keep throwing that at his face. He's cunning.

Well the thing about that is in this world cunning doesn't really work.

In a world where explosions are a joke and guns can't hurt anyone faster then khalifa. Being cunning isn't really an advantage.

Instead of naruto where the weak could think of many ways to take down the strong, this manga is more like bleach (or dbz) where the weak's blades shatter on the skin of the strong.

It is sad but that is the price you pay for constantly progressing power levels. Hey I like it but when ever a weakling tries to act strong it is unbelievable.

You're that guy who hates the boxer in Tekken aren't you?

honestly I never really liked fighting games in general. Something about side scrolling really annoyed me.
Although now that some fighters aren't side scrolling they are awesome, op burning blood is awesome. Except for the fact they made Enel suck, oh well take the good with the bad
  • Grimmjagger likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#63 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

It looks like Caponr and his men were planning something afterall. They had to be the ones who beat up bobbin and from wat jinbei was sayin as well.

Im betting at the end itll be luffy, sanji, jinbei and capone vs Big Mom. Lookin forward to it

Also im glad all that sanji stuff is over with too. It literally was jus the Robin stuff all over again. Im a lil disappointed in Oda on that one. At least its over

bolded: 

And who is to fight the entire rest of BM forces (enraged army , 2-3 commanders, fighting ministers+children+allies (who sure as hell should be invited to something as big as a very important long time prepared wedding)? 

I mean if Luffy, Jinbei and sanji alone would fight BM 3vs1, then who is to fight Smoothie (assuming same lvl as cracker). I mean we need the power of Luffy + Nami, which should be around: Pedro+Brook+Chopper+Nami+useless waste of time Rabbit+at least 1 or 2 germa 66 like Yonji+Niji (for the record in my book Sanji>Ichji>Niji>Yonji). And remeber  there still is at least one more commander to be dealt with (assuming cracker still out, which is doubtful honestly, since Luffy and all other Shs are fine as well already). So even if Judge is able to solo 1 commander, that would still only leave Capone and the rest of the germa (2 brothers+reiju) to fight said commander, and they dont strike me as being able to do that. 

BM                                           Luffy + Jinbei + Sanji                                             (+ 1SH (Brook?))

1st commander+army             Judge + germas footsoldiers + Pedro + Carrot     (+ Reiju)

2nd commander+army            Ichiji + Niji + Yonji + footsoldiers                            (+ Reiju) 

3rd commander+army             Capone + crew + Brook + Nami + Chopper          (-1SH)   

of course it coulds be like this:

BM                                           Luffy + Judge + Jinbei                                          

1st commander+army             Sanji + germas footsoldiers + Pedro + Carrot        (+ 1 SH and/or + Reiju)) 

2nd commander+army            Ichiji + Niji + Yonji + Reiju + footsoldiers                 (- Reiju)            

3rd commander+army             Capone + crew + Brook + Nami + Chopper           (-1SH)

or this (just to give examples and waste time):

BM                                           Luffy + Judge + Jinbei                                          

1st commander+army             Sanji + Pedro + Carrot + Brook + Nami + Chopper      

2nd commander+army            Ichiji + Niji + Yonji + Reiju + footsoldiers                    

3rd commander+army             Capone + crew

Since i believe the outcome will have Capone and the SHs to be enemies i think putting the SHs in team with Capone, even if it is just ot get betrayed, has its catch. And imo Sanji + Pedro + Carrot + Brook + Nami + Chopper is a bit op for a commander, unless he stands high above cracker that is.

Unless the betrayel is more than just with Capone, i still dont see the SHs (jinbei i count as SH) +Capone (+crew) + Germa 66 to be able to beat BM, on the other hand i am not under the opinion that much is still needed to defeat BM.

Lets say if the SH crew were complete i would see it within reason for BM to go down, because of the added forces of Capone +Germa + SHs+Shsfleet, but without this addition i still dont see it coming.

Moreover having the yonkou BM defeat all those allies right now, has 2 upsides, first being that it gives hype to a yonkou and his power, the 2nd being that it allows the others of the worst gen to ally as to take down 1 yonkou themselfs (even if weakened as BM could be after this upcoming clash) and to fight the Shs+their allies afterwards.

Yes i am someone that still is "sad"/furious about KAHvsHSH not happening anymore......perhaps its gonna be: Capone+Urouge+Bonney vs SHs, that would be awesome too. Capone vs Sanji, Urouge vs Luffy, Zoro vs his fan Bonney :D

Apoo and Drake will fight the SHs in Wano  or in Kaidous main base i believe.

Forgot about CC though, he might be a crucial ally here. His poisenous gas might win the game/safe the escape .... honestly being able to take out like a third of the forces (number out of the woodwork here) with gas actually has its upsides :D

GENEREL CHAPTER NOTE:

Bobbins: 

WTF! ODA stop messing with us! I see it coming WCI arc over Sanji still having done NOTHING (except crying like a woman/girl that is.....last 5 chapters, Sanji crying 3 times.......what a wuss.....I mean how does one justify that that moron does not understand anything about his captain? Even that stupid count to 3 was clear to be useless on Luffy, no matter what u do, u cant come to Luffy and speak logically to him , if u r not Zoro that is, he is freaking immune to logic and even more so, if ur logic is totally retarded in the first place! 

I mean everyone on the forum knows that if u tell Luffy: "Hey there is this absolute brute in this town, who bullies all and kills left and right, Luffy pls help me." Luffy: "Sure i will kick as*" See thats how Luffy works, not whatever Sanji wanted to excuse himself for. I mean Luffy has been seen numerous times being able to tell the feelings of someone, yet his own nakama seems to be not knowing this.....If i want someone to leave to safe him, i fu**ing get a better excuse than whatever it was Sanji tried......I dont care his good intentions it was done like an amateur would do it and a freaking braindead one at that!.....

Sadly its official now, Sanji no longer the brain of the crew, downgraded to just being the cook and well the crying princess! Absolute waste of a year on a character, and i liked Sanji as one of my favs until post TS......! 

And no unlike others i think that Luffys reaction was idiotic, while being within character, since he is an idiot after all, cant blame a retard for being unable to plan/act accordingly/know how to convince others differently.

Here is the freaking stupidest thing Oda did to Sanji: 

Since TS we have been told Sanji is able to hear/feel/whatever the emotions of woman, going as far as "hearing" a falling tear from hundreds of meters away (with walls inbetween) and to be able to tell when a woman is lieing (Viola), but when Pudding comes across he somehow is unable to hear/feel/whatever the hatred/greed/killing intention of hers, nor is he able to hear/feel/w/e her lieing? Really??? Sanji u could not see though fake tears? U were fooled like never before, and that in yonkou territory, were everthing shouts to u: behold the next trap! weak/stupid thing mate , really freaking dumb! 

Thus the only upside Sanji had so far (vastly superior CoO) somehow vanished into nothingness/low importance...

Still i liked this arc over all, since nice presentation of abilities/nice character design (especially BruleĆ©, PerosPero, Smoothie as well as some unnamed ones in the "counsel room"), lots of DFs, so many characters, would like to get the know the economics behind BM empire though, well all we know is steal or kill then take, influence wise there could still be a bit more though.  

But in all seriousness, do you think luffy will show up destroy the wedding and BM will allow him to leave? Either we get another scene like the war where BM is chasing down luffy while jimbe carries his life less corps. Or luffy takes down BM.

why not just have the safe escape route mirror ready?

Oda has to understand that out of the 11 supernova (9, cause Zoro and Killer are right hand men), not all of them can be PK material. Law, Kidd and Luffy are the only ones, the rest are weak and can only hope for a spot as a commander of some fleet. (And Law could even put a fight vs Mingo, Kid didnt even scratch Kaido, so yeah, only Luffy has, right now, some chance, and the dude couldnt even overpower the haki of a commander)

While i partly agree, i still am under the impression that Oda has hidden one other powerhouse amongst the SN. For me th SHs are already superior to all other SNs+crews in total (individually). Meaning that the SHs as of now r already the top of the SN. For Oda not to invest too much time to each SN individually i think he needs to make them team up against the SHs, therefore i was so freaking hyped when there still was the possibility of KAH vs HSH, but since that has like a 0% chance as of now, since Apoos betrayal, i think Oda will ally some other SN to make them face the SHs (might be SHs + Heart, although i kind of think that the alliance with Law will break apart after Kaidou).

That would mean that among Hawkins, Apoo, Kidd, Urouge, Bonney, Capone, Drake, Law there might be quite some possiblities as to how they all against the SHs.

but for us  to actually truly understand were the possibilities lie we need to consider the strength relation between the SN, which we currently, because of lacking knowledge, just cant....

So before u , dear reader, waste ur time, fanfic coming up:

Like lets say: 

Apoo+Drake (both former kaidou underlings by then)+Capone (since i believe him to somehow betray the SHs in WCI)

Bonney (already was connected to Zoro, although not sure whether positiv or negativ, concidering her character..  and since Luffy allied with WB, who she seemed to be respecting, so i honestly see her as the only one among the SN (except for Urouge) to become an "true" ally, unless she, like some theories imply, has connections to BM), but she is very hard to determine for me since i somehow am under the impression that Oda wants her to be real relevant to plot......

Hawkins can go both ways, for one he could use his cards saying ok no chance u win vs SHs so not try, or the cards are making stratements, which r uncertain, in turn leading Hawkins to be neutral until the end, or ally to defeat the SHs, i just cant picture him allying with the SHs, even when the cards say so.....

Kidd i see a 1vs1 coming up, after this betrayel by apoo, and perhaps somehow by a fleeing hawkins too, i dont see him ever allying with other SNs again , depending on what happened with Kaidou , he could ally with Hakwins + 1 other though, if there would be 3 crews , i believe only HSH would stop them, Shs alone would not be enough. There is still caribou whom i somehow see getting connected to one upcoming enemy within the true SN league. But in total i think Kidd will be the only one to get a 1vs1 vs the SHs, and he freaking deserves it! Best SN next to the Shs ones, although killer kind of bores me, Kidd just is great!

Law i see him allying with at least 1 crew to defeat the SHs. He was already surprised at the power output of Luffy, he has a decent knowledge of all their abilities, consequently he alone among the SN should know that a 1vs1 is a safe loose, ergo he might ally with any SN, except Kidd for that matter, since Kidd and him dont really go along this well....

Urouge i either see him becoming the leader of a big alliance or the underling of a small one. Like saying he leads Bonney, Caribou/Capone (just 2-3 other SN crews), or becomes the underling of Kidd or Law, perhaps  he even joins the infamous SHs.  

Edited by capu, 16 February 2017 - 03:16 PM.

#64 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

Well there is still the little aspect of luffy wanting to protect zeff. Surely luffy knows the only way he can protect zeff is by defeating BM.

If luffy grabbed the G66 he wouldn't protect zeff. And before you say anything. I want to point out luffy already said he would protect zeff to rejiu.

And I know I am beating a dead horse here but.... if luffy's only plan was to save the G66, why would he wait for the wedding? He could just grab them in their sleep and take them away

Also another question, why is luffy waiting for the wedding anyway? To heal? Don't stop being super luffy now!

banner.png

#65 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Your tastes are of questionable quality, this chapter is impactful, and this arc is of acceptable quality.

According to you that might be the case, thank god everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Imo, the past few chapters have been utter garbage, circling around the plot with meaningless actions and the few panels that were necessary have been executed in the most poorest of ways. With the previous chapter being the icing on the cake regarding that.

I should keep my expectations pretty low for the chapter after the break.
  • number21 likes this

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#66 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

According to you that might be the case, thank god everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Imo, the past few chapters have been utter garbage, circling around the plot with meaningless actions and the few panels that were necessary have been executed in the most poorest of ways. With the previous chapter being the icing on the cake regarding that.

I should keep my expectations pretty low for the chapter after the break.

Why is it you thought that this chapter was garbag anyway? I mean we got Sanji finally returning, Luffy getting pumped to crash the "wedding", Bobbin getting taken out. But yet you seem to be unsatisfied why is it?

#67 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

entitled yes, posting it in a way which is uninteresting, you can, but that's boring and doesn't generate any interesting discussion

Why you think it is garbage? direct references plz

keeping low expectations is always a good idea, whatever the medium

• Five-Tailed-Fenrir and Grimmjagger like this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#68 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

Hey @Miss Coquine did your One Piece awards have a "Best panel of the year" category? I'd like to nominate Luffy bitch slapping Sanji as my favourite

• Miss Coquine and dbgetblack like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#69 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

Hey @Miss Coquine did your One Piece awards have a "Best panel of the year" category? I'd like to nominate Luffy bitch slapping Sanji as my favourite

Best panel for this year bro.

Damn we should've had that for 2016 Sanji crying would've won.

#70 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

Ichiji should win the best panel of the year.

Giving no fucks is the best.

he is just so much better looking compared to his brothers.

0081b378-b1a2-46de-9e53-7ccf3a09a14a_zps

#71 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,166 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

I don't debate with people that don't read. You clearly saw Enel melt metal and vaporize rock.....

Enel destroyed an island catch up sanji

yeah with concentrate power. 

When he boost his power with the arc he could destroy skypiea. So, if he could destroy that island what is the odds his home was an island made of rock and stone vs clouds.

Do not forget he shouldn't have the arc with him at his home island.

• Enbima likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#72 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:59 AM

yeah with concentrate power.

When he boost his power with the arc he could destroy skypiea. So, if he could destroy that island what is the odds his home was an island made of rock and stone vs clouds.

Do not forget he shouldn't have the arc with him at his home island.

Ya, proving he doesn't need it.

Futhmore when Enel told Robin he would destroy all of sky island, when Robin knew nothing about the arc, all she knew was he had the lightning fruit.
Her response was "with your power it is possible but don't you want what bell first"
zap through the head!!!!
"Bitch don't tell me what to do I know where it it!!"

Robin, the smartest SH at the time, the intelligent Robin even confriend to us without an arc Enel could of done it.

banner.png

#73 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

Ya, proving he doesn't need it.

Futhmore when Enel told Robin he would destroy all of sky island, when Robin knew nothing about the arc, all she knew was he had the lightning fruit.
Her response was "with your power it is possible but don't you want what bell first"
zap through the head!!!!
"Bitch don't tell me what to do I know where it it!!"

Robin, the smartest SH at the time, the intelligent Robin even confriend to us without an arc Enel could of done it.

Yet he failed.

She thought he was powerful enough to do it. Yet he fail at his mission.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#74 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:19 AM

Yet he failed.

She thought he was powerful enough to do it. Yet he fail at his mission.

He distroyed 2 more islands then anyone else.....

How many has sanji destroyed?

Edited by captain kidd, 17 February 2017 - 10:19 AM.

banner.png

#75 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

He distroyed 2 more islands then anyone else.....

How many has sanji destroyed?

give him, enel power.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#76 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

give him, enel power.

How many islands again?
  • KUROkami likes this

banner.png

#77 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

Ichiji should win the best panel of the year.

Giving no fucks is the best.

he is just so much better looking compared to his brothers.

Oh yeah Ichiji the irrelevant one that just stand around doing nothing, unlike his brothers who've actually showed a thing or two.

#78 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:26 PM

Oda has been hyping most of the supernovas in the NW since like 2010 which has been like a hell of a long time. Apart from Law, none of them really did anything really epic or memorable to warrant that hype. He really seems to have a hard time setting up their roles in part 2 cause there are so many of them and he has to juggle with the main cast too.

Since he said that he really doesn't have a clue on how Luffy will defeat Kaidu. It does seem logical to use the Kidd alliance for the finale against Kaidu with Law, and Marco's help. However, how do you showcase Luffy's progress and ability to go one on one against BB if he has to rely on lots of allies ?  I am afraid that Wano is gonna turn out like Dressrosa with its cheer amount of characters.

#79 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:15 PM

really hope Wano won't turn as Dressrosa,

but even if there will be lots of characters present, one can hope Oda did learn something after Dressrosa..(but the first big test should had been the Marineford war), and he won't just split the screen time over every single character present

something similar to the current Tottoland arc would be nice, with the main characters getting the forcus, while all the other characters do things in the background, that would be more manageable and enjoyable while still having lots of characters present

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#80 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

really hope Wano won't turn as Dressrosa,

but even if there will be lots of characters present, one can hope Oda did learn something after Dressrosa..(but the first big test should had been the Marineford war), and he won't just split the screen time over every single character present

something similar to the current Tottoland arc would be nice, with the main characters getting the forcus, while all the other characters do things in the background, that would be more manageable and enjoyable while still having lots of characters present

I have to admit that from beginning to end MF was a bit confused in the manga but done beautifully in the anime. DR on the other hand was easy to understand in the manga and just meh in the anime with animation going from bad to good and good to bad. 

Why did DR failed compared to MF.

Was it the plot? the characters fighting? the pacing? the level of detail oda put in those fights? length of the actual arc?

The good thing about DR is that it was easy to read the bad is that it was just to long.

MF was short (compared to DR) but confusing, there was even a chapter with only 12 or 13 pages because of the amount of double pages.

Imo opinion it was the lvl of detail in each fight which in turn affects the arc pacing. I really believe that lack of detail is good for the anime and even better for the manga as it gets to move the plot faster. Hajruden and Sai fights were just a waste of 2 chapters.

Hope in wano Oda goes for the MF style. He should even make every single fight like rurouni kenshin, just a simple one shot. The anime then can expand the fight and that way I dont have to simply  see an animated version of multiple expected panels.

The only problem with MF style is power levels. No one knows where the fighters land in a power scale. We know whos strong and weak but apart from that I wouldnt be able to say who'd win in fight like aceVsAokiji, crocodileVsJozu or even NWcaptainsVsVicecaptains

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users