128 replies to this topic

#121 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:46 AM

Nakama basically means friend so it goes without saying he did it as a friend but he's also his captain and he told him he needed him in his crew to achieve HIS goal. So he's also doing it as his captain. There's no seperating the two roles here.

• Abaroxa and Chillman like this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#122 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • Locationnow'here

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:40 AM

yup, but since we're making difference between friend and captain

which one of the two was more at work when Luffy let him being hit by Sanji and when he decided to starve while waiting for him?

personally i think Luffy was acting more as a friend than a captain there (not saying he wasn't also being a captain, but which of the two was prevalent?)

#123 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:07 AM

yup, but since we're making difference between friend and captain

which one of the two was more at work when Luffy let him being hit by Sanji and when he decided to starve while waiting for him?
personally i think Luffy was acting more as a friend than a captain there (not saying he wasn't also being a captain, but which of the two was prevalent?)

What do you think was more at work? My question is when on earth do you think luffy has ever acted as a military leader.

I can't name a single time in luffy's pirating career he has maintained effective command and control over his unit. Let alone proper planning or logistical support.

Luffy literally rushes in every where he goes without a plan, then immediately loses communication with his team. Let me tell you how the raid to kill bin laden would of gone if luffy was the PL for seal team 6 (so he would be a LT)
Pilot "ok good that looks like the compound set the bird down in the front gate like we practiced"
LT "imma gonna punch bin laden in the face!!!!!!!!!"
Pilot "LT where are you going? LT come back!!!!! Oh no the second Blackhawk just had to make an emergency landing LT what are your orders? Oh right he is gone.....who is second in command..... sgt what are your orders?"
Sgt "imma going to go punch bin laden's #2 in the face!!!!!"
Pilot "the sgt ran off too..... well I would call back up but we have none, we have no extra supplies to repair the damaged Blackhawk, we have no back up food either because why would we. Ok looks like I will ignore it and hope they figure it out."

So ya calling luffy's crew in any way military like is a joke.
  • Enoa likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#124 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:53 AM

Luffy was starving himself just to make him come back. He's still fooling around, you know. Plus he allowed his crewmate to hurt him.

But it was his crew mate that was hurting the most. Luffy is a Samaritan. Saving lessers and forgiving sinners much like his predecessor Jesus Christ. Zoro will stay as he cannot live without his captain.

Truth Tea only.

Edited by Miss Coquine, 23 February 2017 - 08:53 AM.

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#125 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

But it was his crew mate that was hurting the most. Luffy is a Samaritan. Saving lessers and forgiving sinners much like his predecessor Jesus Christ. Zoro will stay as he cannot live without his captain.

Truth Tea only.

Well at this point I think that luffys tooth is hurting the most. All the food it missed to break for luffy, #feelsbadman

Edited by Enbima, 23 February 2017 - 09:18 AM.

• Chillman likes this

My skin is cold,
Transfusion with somebody
Morose and old,
Drop into fruitless dying

tumblr_okgkceFwRX1rj32z4o1_400.gif

#126 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:47 PM

Well at this point I think that luffys tooth is hurting the most. All the food it missed to break for luffy, #feelsbadman

It fufilled its purpose.

#RestInPeace

• Chillman likes this

aouldp92808.png

#127 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

My sides

• captain kidd and Saya like this

#128 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:12 PM

hahahahaha you cant write that!!!!

you know the thing i also liked about this movie, not only was the kid wrong about bobbin, he was also wrong about the right hand man of the bb crew is........

the only way he could of been more wrong is if he said he thinks bm is the strongest emperor and she wont go down this arc

• trafalgarlawisop likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#129 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted Today, 10:51 AM

hahahahaha you cant write that!!!!

you know the thing i also liked about this movie, not only was the kid wrong about bobbin, he was also wrong about the right hand man of the bb crew is........

the only way he could of been more wrong is if he said he thinks bm is the strongest emperor and she wont go down this arc

Is not just the title. Its the ways he says in the first 3 seconds that made me lol. Its his voice of seriousness and the ominous music that makes it hilarious. I mean Oda has issues figuring out the power differential of the mc against Kaidu so I would not try to do that with lesser characters. The one thing sure is that power scale in this series is far from being an exact science. 

I have learned not to hype myself since the Smoker and Tashigi fiasco and even Kidd got his ass handed off screen. What's the point of building and hyping a character if no payoffs are not gonna happen (cause you don't want to draw fights) ? Its just lazy and bad writing.

BM doesn't seem to have any second mate or trustworthy second in command. Their crew has no sense of teamwork or trust. I think one is even hiding important facts in fear of retribution.

I think she said clearly that Lola's failed marriage prevented her to be more powerful than Kaidu and Shanks. So I am not surprised she is the weakest of the yonkus. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

number21