• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

84460l.jpg

Plot Summary 

The village of Konoha has managed to change, modernized next to an era of peace. Raising high constructions, large computer monitors of transmission of images (televisions last generation), divisions and divisions (streets) connected to run (to mobilize) electric cars, The way to live in the ninja era has changed ...

The leader of the village is, the seventh Hokage. Boruto is the son of Naruto Uzumaki, to become a ninja must enroll in the school "ninja academy". But the students in the surroundings see Boruto with prejudiced eyes for the thing of being "the son of the seventh Hokage". However Boruto has unprecedented capabilities.

Boruto will meet new friends, and there will be an incident mystery how he will face this challenge ?, inside the heart of the whole team, now the story of "Boruto Uzumaki", begins.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Super Power, Shounen, Martial Arts
Studio: Studio Pierrot
Air Date: April 5, 2017

PV + the OP by KANA-BOON (Naruto Shipuuden OP 16, Boruto The Movie OP, Naruto Storm 4 OP)

Alright, now that we have our first official PV, I figured that now would be a great time to make this thread considering that this will be airing during the Spring Anime 2017 Season which starts in about 3 weeks. There's been a lot of info that's been released in the past few weeks so I'll post everything released so far down below

Cast

Uzumaki Boruto: Sanpei Yūko
Uchiha Sarada: Kikuchi Kokoro
Mitsuki: Kijima Ryūichi 

Nara Shakadai: Ono Kenshō
Akimichi Chōchō: Shiraishi Ryōko
Yamanaka Inojin: Abe Atsushi

Uzumaki Naruto: Takeuchi Junko
Uzumaki Hinata: Mizuki Nana
Uzumaki Himawari: Hayami Saori

Nara Shikamaru: Morikubo Shōtarō

Aburame Shino: Kawada Shinji

Staff

Original Work:
「BORUTO-ボルト- -NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS-」
Original Work & (Editorial) Supervisor: Kishimoto Masashi
Manga: Ikemoto Mikio Script: Kodachi Ukyō
(Shueisha 「Weekly Shōnen Jump」serialization)

Chief Director: Abe Noriyuki
Director: Yamashita Hiroyuki
Story Supervisor: Kodachi Ukyō
Series Composition: Uezu Makoto
Character Design: Nishio Tetsuya & Suzuki Hirofumi
Color Design: Imamura Tomoe
Art Director: Ueno Hideyuki
Director of Photography: Masuno Mai
Sound Director: Nagura Yasushi

Music:
Yasuharu Takanashi
-yaiba-

OP theme by KANA-BOON titled as "Baton Road"
ED theme by the peggies titled as "Dreamy Journey"

Character Profiles

16996478_1264867393599358_34869431078203

A girl of the same class Boruto. She knows about Boruto for a long time because her mother and Naruto, Father Boruto, are childhood friends.

But ... For Boruto, Sarada sees him as a stupid kid ... will not it?
Her father is always traveling, she has never seen him

img_chara03.png

A mysterious young man who appeared in front of Boruto. After being transferred to the academy, he began to study in the same class as Boruto. It is a shinobi with a beautiful aspect, which attracts others. Previously he went to a mission related to Boruto ?.

tumblr_om0ihukIcW1tm63qvo3_1280.png

The son of the leader of the village of Konoha, the Seventh Hokage Naruto Uzumaki. 

A boy with a rebellious character, who does not take seriously his studies in the Ninja Academy and frequently jumps them. He is a good friend, who also consider him a genius. 
When Naruto is too immersed in his work, there are differences between them. 
He does not like to be called "son of the seventh", so he wants to show people that he goes his way.

Shikadai Nara

A close friend of Boruto. He always left with Boruto before his entrance to the academy. Often involved in pranksters together. Unlike his father, he does not use the term: "how troublesome!" As a phrase during a conversation. He has great intelligence and often helps Boruto.

Cho Cho Akimichi
Boruto's classmate and friend of Sarada. She loves to eat chips and handsome guys. She is optimistic, sure of herself, thinks like an adult woman.

Inojin Yamanaka
Friend of the childhood of Boruto. Sharp-tongued and often speaks with sarcasm, but for some reason, it is difficult to feel hatred.

Edited by Tokoya, 12 March 2017 - 10:44 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

Cho Cho Akimichi
Boruto's classmate and friend of Sarada. She loves to eat chips and handsome guys

Ummmmmmm....

Edited by Blue22, 12 March 2017 - 10:14 PM.

• Tokoya and Graeystone like this

#3 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Interview with Chief Director

gtzr991.jpg

The 2015 movie “Boruto: Naruto the Movie” which opened to us the world of Naruto’s next generation is finally coming to the TV screen as a series! With the peaceful and modernized Hidden Leaf village as the stage, the son of Naruto the 7th Hokage, Uzumaki Boruto is running rampant, you know!

The tale begins when Boruto enrolls at the school that raises ninjas – “Ninja Academy”. Waiting for Boruto are new characters and classmates such as Uchiha Sarada and Nara Shikadai and other next generation groups, who all have parents who have achieved greatness, and have their own personalities. They will all mature as they meet and acknowledge each other. In the academy where ninjutsu are a regular, what kind of events will Boruto encounter? Let us all await this tale of a new legend!

Ready,
To the next generation of the shinobi tales.

(Unable to read text)… has been drawn but, the most surprising is the changes in the interior of the Hidden Leaf village. The public transport has begun operations and is becoming ever more like a thunder car, and is almost indistinguishable from the modern town. Occupations other than being a shinobi have been created, and even in the Academy, there will be classmates who have never touched ninjutsu.

Set,
I am me!

(TL Note: Can’t really read the left panel, something about having heroes and parents, and wanting to be a normal family I think? And not being wanting to be constantly compared to his parents I think, having great friends at the academy will him confirm where he stands as his own person)

“What sort of direction are you planning on taking the “Boruto” series storywise?”

Since the first series of “Naruto” was released in 2002, it’s been 15 years already. Over this extended period of time, Naruto and his friends have fought in tremendous battles that the fate of the world rides on, there have been dramas involving characters who are linked deeply to the history and origin of the shinobi, and the world of “Naruto” has become deeply secretive (TL note: I’m fairly sure this part is translated correctly, but it’s not making sense to me). Therefore this time we don’t want it to become “Naruto 2.0”. We want to create a new work that our fans, who have followed us these 15 years, and now grown into adults and their children can enjoy. Of course, this is on top of also including the characters that are already a part of the series. We as the staff of “Naruto” refer to Naruto and Sasuke as “legendary characters”, and it’s awesome when they appear in the story, but we are careful to portray Boruto and the next generation as the main characters as we are creating the series.

“The tale of Boruto and his friends have been preceded with the movie and the manga, so where are we standing with this TV series?”

The tale begins a little before the events of the movie. The movie occurs when Boruto, Sarada and Mitsuki are in a three-man cell and undertaking the Chuunin Exams, but the TV series will begin from when they enroll into the Academy. After graduating and forming their three-man cell, gaining experience and challenging the Chuunin Exams is the approximate timeline.

“It seems that Sarada and Mitsuki are going to have a more developed relationship from now on.”

In the beginning they are merely classmates, with Sarada being an unsociable girl, and Mitsuki having an unreadable atmosphere around him. (TL Note: can’t read the rest of text)

“It is indeed the tale of a king’s boy isn’t it.”

Indeed. As the story advances you’ll be able to see the serious side of the world that has been drawn in “Naruto”, but in the early stages it is a school drama with ninja action. Though not developed, this story will be focused on the development of the ninjutsu loving children even as they get lost about the future.

“It seems like we are able to expect action also. Will you also tell us about any other characters we should be looking out for?”

This person is an adult but, Shino. Where he has ended up at, and what sort of connections he will have with Boruto is something to look forward to. Also Boruto’s classmates too.

“It seems that this will be a work that all generations will be able to enjoy.”

Aside of Boruto and his friends’ growth and action, this tale has another axis that it is focusing on. Continuing on the flow of “Naruto”, we believe this tale can be enjoyed by newcoming fans as well. The legendary characters who have now become adults and their connection with the younglings can also be enjoyed.

Will post more info as they are revealed 

Edited by Tokoya, 12 March 2017 - 11:17 PM.

• waleuska, Blue22, paka and 1 other like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

KaTrl8N.jpg

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

“It seems like we are able to expect action also. Will you also tell us about any other characters we should be looking out for?”

This person is an adult but, Shino :jawdrop: . Where he has ended up at, and what sort of connections he will have with Boruto is something to look forward to. Also Boruto’s classmates too.

Will post more info as they are revealed 

:ohyes: Shivers

• Tokoya likes this

:kakashi:  We back

#6 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

This was translated from the image I posted above

The son of the seventh Hokage Naruto Uzumaki, Boruto Uzumaki !, while going to the ninja academy, he meets "Karinarimon Denki", who is involved with some criminals. After he notices that Denki's chakra has been deformed, and he acts strangely ...

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#7 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,184 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

This sounds stupid.

Boruto, but even younger and dumber than he was when you first learned to hate him.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#8 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Nobody wants to see kids going to the academy after everything that's happened  :laugh:

• Narubi, Blue22 and Chillman like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#9 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:21 PM

We backtracking boys
  • KUROkami likes this

#10 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

i want to see why buroto thinks he is so smart. He claims he doesn't need hard work but i find nothing special about him.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

Nobody wants to see kids going to the academy after everything that's happened  :laugh:

I think that all of these kids could use more characterization and fleshing out so I welcome this.....Plus we need visual representations of these kids' feats.....Gonna need undeniable proof that Boruto can really use 3 elements lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,184 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

I think that all of these kids could use more characterization and fleshing out so I welcome this.....Plus we need visual representations of these kids' feats.....Gonna need undeniable proof that Boruto can really use 3 elements lol

"feats"

They're all boring except for Chocho.

I don't see the use in watching a bunch of 6 years old learn basic jutsu, but Chocho's profile said she knows a jutsu called "Butterfly Transformation" Which sounds like she can already use calorie control and summon butterfly wings without diet pills?

That's enough for her to pose a threat to jonin if she can do that.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#13 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

"feats"

They're all boring except for Chocho.

I don't see the use in watching a bunch of 6 years old learn basic jutsu, but Chocho's profile said she knows a jutsu called "Butterfly Transformation" Which sounds like she can already use calorie control and summon butterfly wings without diet pills?

That's enough for her to pose a threat to jonin if she can do that.

I think this takes place a short while before Mitsuki Gaiden, so if anything, they're like 10-11

But if we're talking stats, she's the least impressive lol, what?

Edited by Tokoya, 16 March 2017 - 10:25 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#14 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:12 AM

I think that all of these kids could use more characterization and fleshing out

I think what we got so far was enough to give us a base idea of who they are and such. What'll be more to the interest is that which will come in time and how they develop along the way to these events. Rather than backtracking for us (once again, only this time even further) to just get even more of an idea of who they are before they get to the point where the adventure begins.  

#15 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

More characterization and fleshing out could easily take place in any number of locations besides an academy.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#16 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

More characterization and fleshing out could easily take place in any number of locations besides an academy.

That would only depend on if they take the time out to focus on each and every team because they do each have their own missions etc.....With this, we're gonna have everyone together in one place which will guarantee characterization for them all 

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#17 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

That would only depend on if they take the time out to focus on each and every team because they do each have their own missions etc.....With this, we're gonna have everyone together in one place which will guarantee characterization for them all 

It really doesn't though. At least, it doesn't guarantee anymore characterization than we've already gotten. At best, it guarantees more appearances, which can lead to further development. It also, just as you claim for the out of school setting, depends entirely on what the writer takes the time to actually focus on. The main character is then limited in terms of his own development, since this has to end with him still being the exact same person he was at the time the film took place, which really goes for the rest of the new cast as well for that matter. For Boruto, this is nothing more than a step back in character, since we've already seen him move beyond this point. Keeping a cast in one setting also limits the different types of events, interactions, and development that can take place, since you only see them within that setting. Outside of character, it further limits the amount of action and excitement that can take place, along with the locations that we can actually see. There's then the fact, as I mentioned to begin with, that's it's just silly to go back to an academy setting after everything the previous series and the film has covered to this point. That's akin to Dragon Ball Super going back to Goku fighting the Red Ribbon Army, or even having Gohan or Goten fight them this time around.

Edited by Ace1225, 22 March 2017 - 09:52 AM.

• paka likes this

#18 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

It really doesn't though. At least, it doesn't guarantee anymore characterization than we've already gotten. At best, it guarantees more appearances, which can lead to further development. It also, just as you claim for the out of school setting, depends entirely on what the writer takes the time to actually focus on. The main character is then limited in terms of his own development, since this has to end with him still being the exact same person he was at the time the film took place, which really goes for the rest of the new cast as well for that matter. For Boruto, this is nothing more than a step back in character, since we've already seen him move beyond this point. Keeping a cast in one setting also limits the different types of events, interactions, and development that can take place, since you only see them within that setting. Outside of character, it further limits the amount of action and excitement that can take place, along with the locations that we can actually see. There's then the fact, as I mentioned to begin with, that's it's just silly to go back to an academy setting after everything the previous series and the film has covered to this point. That's akin to Dragon Ball Super going back to Goku fighting the Red Ribbon Army, or even having Gohan or Goten fight them this time around.

"It also, just as you claim for the out of school setting, depends entirely on what the writer takes the time to actually focus on"

Benefit of the doubt, still difficult as most will still see it as a filler to get to where we already are - Boruto movie - which makes your other point even more stronger (funny the urban dictionary uses Naruto to explain fillers...Here)

"since this has to end with him still being the exact same person he was at the time the film took place"

This is the main reason - ^^^^ "we've already seen him move beyond this point"  - More to support above reason

:laugh:  "akin to Dragon Ball Super going back to Goku fighting the Red Ribbon Army"

But...just maybe

|

|

We could see more of the adults and how much they've progressed - Shino love here - missed opportunities on Naruto series

We could see more missions that led to other clans still focusing on training (their stories) - and more about the Otsutsuki clan - who was the other clan member killed?

We could see more on the villains development...(comparing to Naruto - we saw Obito, Madara, Nagato, Kabuto etc)...

New writer could be the key (as long as we don't get our hopes up)...they are still fillers though or if you prefer - backstories

:kakashi:  We back

#19 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

It really doesn't though. At least, it doesn't guarantee anymore characterization than we've already gotten. At best, it guarantees more appearances, which can lead to further development. It also, just as you claim for the out of school setting, depends entirely on what the writer takes the time to actually focus on. The main character is then limited in terms of his own development, since this has to end with him still being the exact same person he was at the time the film took place, which really goes for the rest of the new cast as well for that matter. For Boruto, this is nothing more than a step back in character, since we've already seen him move beyond this point. Keeping a cast in one setting also limits the different types of events, interactions, and development that can take place, since you only see them within that setting. Outside of character, it further limits the amount of action and excitement that can take place, along with the locations that we can actually see. There's then the fact, as I mentioned to begin with, that's it's just silly to go back to an academy setting after everything the previous series and the film has covered to this point. That's akin to Dragon Ball Super going back to Goku fighting the Red Ribbon Army, or even having Gohan or Goten fight them this time around.

I agree with you in regards to Boruto but only to the extent of his personality....But as I said before, we never really truly saw what these kids could do on screen, so in terms of combat, this is the perfect opportunity to confirm all their feats

In regards to characterization, I'm more or less referring to every one else outside of Team Konohamaru since in terms of screen time and interaction, we've only received sufficient material for Sarada, Mitsuki and Boruto

"It also, just as you claim for the out of school setting, depends entirely on what the writer takes the time to actually focus on"

Benefit of the doubt, still difficult as most will still see it as a filler to get to where we already are - Boruto movie - which makes your other point even more stronger (funny the urban dictionary uses Naruto to explain fillers...Here)

"since this has to end with him still being the exact same person he was at the time the film took place"

This is the main reason - ^^^^ "we've already seen him move beyond this point" - More to support above reason

:laugh: "akin to Dragon Ball Super going back to Goku fighting the Red Ribbon Army"

But...just maybe
|
|
We could see more of the adults and how much they've progressed - Shino love here - missed opportunities on Naruto series
We could see more missions that led to other clans still focusing on training (their stories) - and more about the Otsutsuki clan - who was the other clan member killed?
We could see more on the villains development...(comparing to Naruto - we saw Obito, Madara, Nagato, Kabuto etc)...

New writer could be the key (as long as we don't get our hopes up)...they are still fillers though or if you prefer - backstories

Filler or no filler, it's still pretty much canon either way

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#20 TheoryNoJutsu

TheoryNoJutsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

If you guys haven't seen Naruto Shippuuden 500 (officially the last episode of the series), some of the answers are heavily hinted at in the last few fillers (the wedding arc). Since Boruto Next Gen is itself filler spin-off, those last few Shippuuden fillers should probably be considered a bit more seriously.

In particular, Hiruka should become the director of the academy, and Shino should be taking his job as the kids' teacher there. It's also hinted that Kiba has been dating an Uzumaki lady who apparently knows a lot about the hidden history of Naruto's clan. We also get this

Spoiler
which is completely unrelated but made me smile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users