#41 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

Animation was great, but I will tell you guys one thing I hate that brat Boruto (your dad is a god and your mother a goddess) his way of behaving is pissing me off.

Anyway, still waiting for the story to get to the manga parts.

0ad46516cd807f27e344afb947fdf188.gif

"Who the fuck am I to criticize your twisted state of mind?"

#42 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:06 AM

I stumbled upon this post somewhere else and I wanted to share it because I think that it really hit the nail right on the head

Since the first two episodes were about Boruto, and seemingly the next four are not, I think it's fair to give an analysis on the introduction of Boruto Uzumaki's character. Since this was meant to separate him and establish his person, I think they did a pretty good job.

I mean just from the opening sequence of Episode 1, with Boruto and Shikidai running around the Village, you could sort of see that Boruto's movements were more experienced than Naruto at the start of the academy. This is only seen to be proven true when Boruto got the second best time during the field examination, only being topped by someone who was held back a few times.

In terms of personality - Boruto is seen not really caring about wanting to become a shinobi, but his parents, expect him to join the academy like everyone else. Unlike his father who strived to show everyone around him that he was worth something, that he was important, and that he was strong. Boruto doesn't care about needing to prove himself to those who ridicule him, as seen in Episode 2 when those children were calling Boruto out for being the Hokage's son. Boruto only steps in to defend his friends, and just the general person who is being picked on. We see this twice when Boruto saves Denki from the bullies in Episode 1, and when Iwabee is hurting Denki in Episode 2. To me, this is how they 'define' Boruto as cool. Because Boruto does not care about their words, because he knows he is. However, he won't let you ridicule his comrades/peers.

To me that was refreshing. I think Boruto carried the first two episodes well, and I'm excited for the Metal Lee/Shikidai, Sarada/Cho-Cho, and the Mitsuki episodes!

Edited by Tokoya, 12 April 2017 - 09:07 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#43 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:23 AM

^In general, I thought it did a decent job of reinforcing the differences between Boruto and Naruto that the film already introduced us to.

Doesn't this anime, where Sarada already knows Boruto and already wears her normal outfit, retcon the last chapters of the Naruto manga where Sarada was dressed all preppy while at the Academy with Boruto?

She could just happen to wear different outfits or even just change from one outfit to the next over time. Heck the day she was dressed preppy could just be written as having been a special day for her. 

Edited by Ace1225, 12 April 2017 - 09:23 AM.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#44 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

^In general, I thought it did a decent job of reinforcing the differences between Boruto and Naruto that the film already introduced us to.

She could just happen to wear different outfits or even just change from one outfit to the next over time. Heck the day she was dressed preppy could just be written as having been a special day for her.

Except she talked about Boruto like she didn't know him, but they seem to be familiar with each other in the anime?

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#45 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Except she talked about Boruto like she didn't know him, but they seem to be familiar with each other in the anime?

That's not how it came off to me at all. When Sarada tells her mother that boys are stupid, Sakura immediately says something along the lines of "Bolt again huh?", as if the issue of Sarada thinking boys, specifically Bolt, are stupid is something that comes up pretty often. That, to me, suggests a certain level of familiarity.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#46 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

Is it fair to expect a lady to wear the same outfit the whole series, that's asking for too much :unsure: - worst case blame it on her mum :heehee: 

Sarada seems to be avoiding directly mentioning Boruto...his presence brings out the worst in her as in I don't know how to react towards him coz I'm still too young to understand - should be normal to be upset about boys (especially the one she secretly likes) until they become more familiar with each other or the boys grow up - either way she seems to be acutely aware of his presence

To add on to the difference between Boruto and Naruto - this time it's Boruto getting all the love from the females :wub:

:kakashi:  We back

#47 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

That's not how it came off to me at all. When Sarada tells her mother that boys are stupid, Sakura immediately says something along the lines of "Bolt again huh?", as if the issue of Sarada thinking boys, specifically Bolt, are stupid is something that comes up pretty often. That, to me, suggests a certain level of familiarity.

Since Boruto is always making trouble around town, Sakura could just mean that Sarada was thinking of another incident with Boruto. He's ridiculous enough that Sarada could complain about his antics without being close to him.

Anyway, the second episode came out sheds more light on it. All of the Konoha 11/Rookie 9's children half-know each other because their parents are all friends. So, they know each other as if they've been in class together before, but don't know each other on the level of people they choose to associate with. It's like none of them have played together as kids (though, Sarada and Chocho are clearly real friends, as are Boruto and Shikadai)

Edited by Ultrafragor, 12 April 2017 - 06:49 PM.

• paka likes this

#48 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,851 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

This episode made the first naruto plot hole even bigger now.

Why is it the guy who fail twice look so much older than everyone else. It look like he was kept back twice.

Naruto on the other hand fail what 3 times. So why is he in the same class as everyone his age?

Also in the anime it looks like boruto is top of his class in ninjatus and i wonder how smart he is. Looks like hinata is one of those tiger moms. So hopefully Boruto isn't another naruto.

• Tokoya likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#49 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:12 PM

Why is it the guy who fail twice look so much older than everyone else. It look like he was kept back twice.

LMAO I never actually stopped to think about that tbh....Why was Naruto the same age as everyone else xD

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#50 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

giphy.gif
  • Brilchan likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#51 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

Naruto on the other hand fail what 3 times. So why is he in the same class as everyone his age?

Also in the anime it looks like boruto is top of his class in ninjatus and i wonder how smart he is. Looks like hinata is one of those tiger moms. So hopefully Boruto isn't another naruto.

You can probably apply for the test early.

Which is why itachi and Kakashi graduated at the same age, but the rest of their class graduated 2 years later.

So, the question is more why were the other students not taking or continually failing the test? Maybe you still have to finish the school year even if you've already passed.

#52 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,851 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

You can probably apply for the test early.

Which is why itachi and Kakashi graduated at the same age, but the rest of their class graduated 2 years later.

So, the question is more why were the other students not taking or continually failing the test? Maybe you still have to finish the school year even if you've already passed.

but that still doesn't make sense because sasuke and neji would have pass and behead of their classmates.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#53 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

but that still doesn't make sense because sasuke and neji would have pass and behead of their classmates.

Not if you have to finish the semester even after passing.

#54 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,851 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

Not if you have to finish the semester even after passing.

Ok naruto took the test three times and failed right.(they let him pass after the third time)

That would mean that a ninja could have been ahead of the class by three years. Lets give sasuke and neji the benefit of the doubt and they only try to take the test a year before. That would still mean they should have been 1 whole year above everyone else.

Even if they finish the year they still would be a whole year above the rest. Since the rest of the case wouldn't have taken or pass the test.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#55 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

Ok naruto took the test three times and failed right.(they let him pass after the third time)

That would mean that a ninja could have been ahead of the class by three years. Lets give sasuke and neji the benefit of the doubt and they only try to take the test a year before. That would still mean they should have been 1 whole year above everyone else.

Even if they finish the year they still would be a whole year above the rest. Since the rest of the case wouldn't have taken or pass the test.

Are we sure he meant that Naruto hadn't passed the two previous years?

Couldn't it just be Naruto was making his third attempt in that session? Or that they held multiple rounds of tests that year to determine who passed and this was the third round of testing with Naruto making another attempt?

#56 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,851 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:37 PM

Are we sure he meant that Naruto hadn't passed the two previous years?

Couldn't it just be Naruto was making his third attempt in that session? Or that they held multiple rounds of tests that year to determine who passed and this was the third round of testing with Naruto making another attempt?

They made it sound like a final exam. I mean look at this episode.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#57 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

They made it sound like a final exam. I mean look at this episode.

Yes but Naruto and a bunch of fodder kids were at the exam we saw. Sakura or Sasuke weren't there, but then they were there at the next class that was only for the kids tat passed.

Implying they passed at an earlier date than the test we watched Naruto fail.

#58 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:38 AM

On passing the Academy Test - I believe there is a six month(least) to one year(most) gap between tests. . .of course given Kishi's problems with plot holes. My biggest issue with Academy Naruto was that Iruka never bothered to try to get Naruto a tutor or something even if it was him. How often in real life do we hear about teachers personally tutoring a student(s) to help them pass?

Posted Image

#59 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

Let's see how long Boruto goes on with the random glowing god-eye episodes before someone else notices it.

What kind of chakra is different than normal chakra and different than any of Momoshiki's chakra so that it could get a reaction from Boruto's eye?

What if it's just a red herring to try and drum up speculation and interest. What if the eye randomly activated on its own just because he can't control it?

Edited by Ultrafragor, 17 April 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#60 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:25 AM

Well no info on Metal Lee's parents is Rock Lee his dad or just his mentor, maybe we will find out in the manga. I say this Tamari she really takes after her mother - in - law.  

Boruto didn't forget don't get Hinamari mad, so he quickly made sure didn't get married when he told her he had to study,  and looks like the climax of this arc, Boruto is going to get possessed by the snake thing.

Next week, Boruto vs Sarada battle of the sexes, if this was western animation we know Sarada would win, but this is shonen who knows.

And one thing Class rep is quickly my favorite, she is my wafu, she is so cute and adorable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users