#121 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

They build up, hype the whole fight, got Kakashi fired up (though he never shows it :heehee: ) and then it happened - talk-no-jutsu :banghead:  - not looking forward to next episode...guess I'll go watch Frieza accidentally kill someone

yeah the moment we found out that boruto classmate was the culprit you should have guess that was going to happen. Which in this case makes way more sense than naruto and pain, talk no jutsu.

• paka likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#122 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,191 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

I don't care about her

I'm just here for the eyes

but Mitsuki's "Oh, you're pretty good when you put your mind to it" was kind of funny

Edited by Ultrafragor, 30 June 2017 - 09:15 AM.

• paka likes this

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#123 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

I don't care about her

I'm just here for the eyes

but Mitsuki's "Oh, you're pretty good when you put your mind to it" was kind of funny :thumbup:

She was kinda giving that (Hinata/Naruto) vibe with Boruto...so another Naruto 2.0 where the relationship was determined from the beginning (everyone ignored the signs and argued for Sakura for years though) - it does look like Boruto/Sarada just became a possibility (Naruto/Sakura vibe wins...............maybe :unsure: in this series)

:kakashi:  We back

#124 xMareBearx

xMareBearx

Poutine eater .

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationWherever my food tasting brings me

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

Well, talk-no-jitsu prevails, but at least we got to see some little action. 

I just can't wait for the Gaiden Arc to start.

• Tokoya likes this

#125 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,191 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

So, Boruto's eye cansee foreign chakra, see the chakra network, see into other dimensions, and open dimensional portals.

And it's suspected it can summon creatures without a contract.

The Byakugan doesn't do all that. So, looks like it has to be the Tenseigan. Or just some new dojutsu similar to Rinnegan and Tenseigan like the Rinnegan's abilities jammed into a Byakugan.

That's great for him since Sasuke is already his teacher.

Lol at everyone who didn't want any more h4x dojutsu.

• Tokoya likes this

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#126 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:54 PM

I'm also glad it wasn't all talk-no-jutsu...the action was a welcomed relief...enjoyed watching the episode - no complains after my earlier rant

Was it - he knew where to look to escape the dimension? Doubt he can open dimensional portals - maybe soon...not sure though - wouldn't be too far fetched given what Obito and kakashi did with sharingan

• Tokoya likes this

#127 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,827 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

Just gonna repost my mini rant here

I'm not calling out anyone specifically here but I'm annoyed by all of the bitching over the whole "TnJ" stuff and then the ridiculous claims that Boruto is just like Naruto

Why are we bitching about Boruto for staying true to his characterization? Why is everyone forgetting that one of the big parts of Boruto's character is the whole concept of how he believes that he and everyone else shouldn't have to live up to/fall in the shadow of/carry the torch of their parents and instead forge their own path?

That is literally the reason why Boruto refused to kill her......We've already been shown since fucking Episode 1 that this kid is willing to do whatever it takes to help his classmates, but most of all, the fact that he knows each and every one of them on such a deep level, pretty much shows that he knows who these kids are deep down, and as such when he sees shit like this where its a case of "Oh, my only purpose is to follow in the footsteps of my father because he's my dad and as such, what I want to do and feel doesn't matter" of course he's gonna nip that shit in the butt...HE'S BEEN DOING IT ALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the edgy shit in Naruto has gotten this fandom so spoiled on mindless action and killing that we've forgotten how to enjoy the little things and appreciate the characterization that these characters get and as such the haters would rather see OOC shit such as Boruto (A fucking child in the ACADEMY - IN A TIME OF PEACE AT THAT) mercilessly killing/readily signing off on the death of one of his comrades....I've lost almost all faith in this cancerous community now....The entire series at this point has been mostly character driven moments mixed with slice of life and a bit of action and everyone suddenly wants a damn bloodbath as if random tonal shifts or forced edge (Which is what the haters want) isn't a bad thing

The difference between Boruto and Naruto is that he's helping people that he's actually interacted and grew up with as friends and or family and not random/seasoned villains that he just met and is willing to forgive just because he heard their sad story (AKA what Naruto did)...Sumire didn't even kill anybody lol and that's not even mentioning that she was simply manipulated by the dark chakra hence why she regressed to her actual personality when it went away

Either way putting all that aside, the action scenes combined with Boruto's quick thinking and strategy was really nice to see and the art and animation was some of the best that we've gotten so far

The speculation for what Boruto's eye can do has more steam now and I'm loving what we're getting such as it being able to see chakra points like the Byakugan (Now we can at least have validity for Boruto knowing Gentle Fist) which in itself is pretty nice to see

EDIT: It's pretty interesting how Sumire's mark turned into a small shape on her palm kinda like how Boruto has that shape on his palm later on in the series 

Edited by Tokoya, 05 July 2017 - 08:41 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#128 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

Just gonna repost my mini rant here

Either way putting all that aside, the action scenes combined with Boruto's quick thinking and strategy was really nice to see and the art and animation was some of the best that we've gotten so far

The speculation for what Boruto's eye can do has more steam now and I'm loving what we're getting such as it being able to see chakra points like the Byakugan (Now we can at least have validity for Boruto knowing Gentle Fist) which in itself is pretty nice to see

EDIT: It's pretty interesting how Sumire's mark turned into a small shape on her palm kinda like how Boruto has that shape on his palm later on in the series 

That rant went a bit too far though...I wonder what brought about that rant

• Boruto is just like Naruto -

there are too many similarities and differences...arguments can be made for both cases - should be normal to disagree on this part :hug3:

• whole concept of how he believes that he and everyone else shouldn't have to live up to/fall in the shadow of/carry the torch of their parents...

This was same in Naruto series but was never the focus - they hated the ways of their parents too as in all children - who never take time to understand why parents make certain decisions (children always have a very simplistic view of the world) - in this case it's only Boruto who seem hell bent on being different to a fault - why not tell the adults, why insist I gotta be the one to fix it, why conceal the truth from the very people whose job is to protect the village...I could go on and on but let's not forget Naruto went after Gaara

• HE'S BEEN DOING IT ALL SEASON...

Think everyone agrees with you on this...maybe few troll out there though :-_-:

• The entire series at this point has been mostly character driven moments mixed with slice of life and a bit of action and everyone suddenly wants a damn bloodbath...

:hurr:  No one is asking a child to go Madara on his classmates...even Madara as a child didn't just kill needlessly - this Mitsuki seems to be cold blooded - explains why Orochimaru sent him to Boruto - He needs to see the light

• he's helping people that he's actually interacted and grew up with as friends and or family and not random/seasoned villains that he just met...

The mind set seems the same, to help others..."You like potato and I like potahto, You like tomato and I like tomahto Potato, potahto, Tomato, tomahto, Let's call the whole thing off." Louis Armstrong B)

The point you're making is valid and I agree...people need to accept that the war is over and these are peaceful times :yawn:

Boruto has his own was of the ninja - and it doesn't have to be similar to anyone...he'll get someone killed though - that should put him back in line :angry: I need to get stronger type of change

What everyone agrees on is we need a drawn out fight with strategy where the advantage shifts from side to side and has some build up from the past that helps connect the dots :thumbup:

Edited by paka, 06 July 2017 - 03:12 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

#129 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:50 AM

So they are holding off on Sarada joining the team, I guess it happened officially in the manga or the movie, so we are going to have to wait for that official moment, for now Metal Lee is the fill in. Though is sounded like Mitsuki wanted Sumire That would have been an interesting team.

So Sumire is not leaving, I am kind of surprised, so I guess down the line the post academy team is going to be Sumire, Denki, and Iwabi, they gave us 3 anime only characters for a reason. They might be an extra team when they adapt the movie.

#130 xMareBearx

xMareBearx

Poutine eater .

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationWherever my food tasting brings me

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

That's what I'm thinking too... at first I thought they were only going to be filler characters, but I guess they'll be another team. Kinda surprising that Metal Lee isn't getting as much screen time... I can't remember who's on his team, but it would be nice to understand where exactly he comes from since it is still vague.

I guess until August, we will be getting filler episodes before we start the Gaiden Arc which I' quite excited about. Glad to see the anime picking up pace without lacking in character development. 

#131 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,827 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

The OVA is out but it's only raw atm (It's pretty ridiculous lol)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#132 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,827 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

The best girl in all of Naruto and her smile must be protected at all costs

tumblr_ous89qRlEh1vcik4to1_540.gif

tumblr_ous2kpzqSX1v6bs4yo1_540.gif

tumblr_ous2kpzqSX1v6bs4yo2_540.gif

Damn you SasGOAT....How could you make her cry like this....All she wants is to spend time with her Papa that she loves so dearly :(

tumblr_oury93Suu91rzi3uuo4_540.gif

• paka and Spirit_ like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#133 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

Loved the way they're sticking to the manga...only thing they skipped was Naruto being aware of their presence and running back - not an issue - loved the flash back memories. Hope we can all now relax about Sarada's outfit :P

• Tokoya and waleuska like this

#134 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:05 PM

Best episode so far...Sasuke 100x better parent than Naruto - circumstances forced him away from family - self imposed atonement for his sins...picture if he was at home everyday with his family - the hidden playful side of Sasuke was refreshing...Gaiden :clap:

• Tokoya and Spirit_ like this

#135 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:19 PM

Finally decided to start watching this show. 8 episodes in and I'm REALLY loving how "slice of life" it is compared to the first series...or rather...as "slice of life" as you can get in a show about ninjas.

This series is really making me disappointed that Boruto and Shikadai don't end up on the same team together. I know, I know. Ino-Shika-Cho tradition and whatnot but dammit, those two have such a nice dynamic. They're better friends than Naruto and Sasuke ever were (to be honest, even their dads were better friends with each other than they were with their supposed actual best friends)

• Tokoya and Chillman like this

#136 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

Finally decided to start watching this show. 8 episodes in and I'm REALLY loving how "slice of life" it is compared to the first series...or rather...as "slice of life" as you can get in a show about ninjas.

This series is really making me disappointed that Boruto and Shikadai don't end up on the same team together. I know, I know. Ino-Shika-Cho tradition and whatnot but dammit, those two have such a nice dynamic. They're better friends than Naruto and Sasuke ever were (to be honest, even their dads were better friends with each other than they were with their supposed actual best friends)

Would that make Boruto second guess himself...Boruto is smart but would hesitate if he had Shikadai on the same team. Kinda like the independence of his team members when it comes to strategy (I know how he thinks and know what he or she will do next without being told kinda team)...Shikadai needs non-thinkers that need 100% guidence - the brutal force and timid don't want to take the lead role type. Lets also not forget the Indra (fits well with Sarada - both look feminine :wub: ) and Asura (Boruto fits the profile)

I love them as friends though and would love to see them team up on few missions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users