213 replies to this topic

#1 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

This is a thread about Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Iron Fist and The Defenders.

Iron Fist Opinions -

Spoiler Episode 1 Summary

Spoiler Episode 2 Summary

Edited by DarkNemesis, 17 March 2017 - 09:48 PM.

• fundapafNup likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

Checking out Iron Fist right now. 

Without any SPOILERS. I'll just say that it's not great, but not downright terrible as some early critics made it out as being (then again most of them were bitching about the race shit ..... so yeah). Still have yet to get into the more juicier parts of this first season (if any). So there's still a lot of room for improvement. However so far it's so/so for the most part. Just again nothing I'm seeing so far says that this is the worst thing ever or what nonsense those critics made it seem like.

Though I will say that I'm still not liking the main guys hair. 

The clump of curls is just ...... yucky to me.

I disagree this is a piece of shit.

I like none of the characters so far danny rand is nothing special, his childhood friends do not know if they want to be assholes or kind of good people, and the Asian chick is just a cliche and boring.

there isn't a lot of fights, hell the best parts are the boardroom meetings.

Everything else seen it and was done way better.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#3 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

I like Colleen Wing. Danny Rand's martial art is shit though.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:26 PM

I disagree this is a piece of shit.

I like none of the characters so far danny rand is nothing special, his childhood friends do not know if they want to be assholes or kind of good people, and the Asian chick is just a cliche and boring.

there isn't a lot of fights, hell the best parts are the boardroom meetings.

Everything else seen it and was done way better.

I only agree with you about his childhood friends

Danny isn't anything special but just because we've seen it before that doesn't mean that it's bad....And also he's nothing like TV Oliver lol, so whoever made that comparison must be on some serious acid

Edited by Tokoya, 17 March 2017 - 10:26 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

And also he's nothing like TV Oliver lol,

He's not nearly as angry.

Spoiler

#6 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

He's not nearly as angry.

Or murderous, gloomy or a dick....In fact the only similarities between them are that they're both rich with a family company and that they both know martial arts

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#7 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

Iron Fist Opinions -

Spoiler Episode 3 Summary

Spoiler Episode 4 Summary

This is a slow burn. I see why the critics shitted on the first 6 episode.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 17 March 2017 - 11:56 PM.

Spoiler

#8 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

Iron Fist Opinions -

Probably should of screened the entire series

#9 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

I only agree with you about his childhood friends

Danny isn't anything special but just because we've seen it before that doesn't mean that it's bad....And also he's nothing like TV Oliver lol, so whoever made that comparison must be on some serious acid

Danny is worst than everyone else. He is a boring retard monkey.

I think they were comparing his story to being like arrow not the character. but oliver at his worst is way more interesting than this person.

The Asian chick is just there being support. We have no idea about her dojo and students.

This show is poorly made.

Every should just watch season 1 of arrow instead of this crap.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#10 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:57 AM

Iron Fist Opinions -

Episode 5 and onwards is where this gets really good imo but I didn't have a problem with the first 4 despite things being slow

Danny is worst than everyone else. He is a boring retard monkey.

I think they were comparing his story to being like arrow not the character. but oliver at his worst is way more interesting than this person.

The Asian chick is just there being support. We have no idea about her dojo and students.

This show is poorly made.

Every should just watch season 1 of arrow instead of this crap.

So a guy who was forced to spend most of life becoming a weapon only to refuse to commit to what that entails in order to go home and do what's right = boring?

It's pretty cliche on the surface yeah but the fact that this guy took the most shit from just about everyone who he ever gave a damn about in life + the stuff with the hand + having serious trauma due to him not being able to find his self identity all without ever once going full Oliver Queen on us only but instead, he still managed to maintain being a respectable, just, kind and admirable human being.....I dunno what you expected but inmy eyes, that is far from boring and we need a Danny in our world right now.....Him being so out of touch with society adds a sense of awkwardness that gives him perosnality even

And I don't see how anyone can hate Colleen, she's up there with Claire, Elektra and Trish for me.....The thing about her students.....How far are you exactly because they explained that from the jump

Edited by Tokoya, 18 March 2017 - 01:01 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#11 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:15 AM

So a guy who was forced to spend most of life becoming a weapon only to refuse to commit to what that entails in order to go home and do what's right = boring?

It's pretty cliche on the surface yeah but the fact that this guy took the most shit from just about everyone who he ever gave a damn about in life + the stuff with the hand + having serious trauma due to him not being able to find his self identity all without ever once going full Oliver Queen on us only but instead, he still managed to maintain being a respectable, just, kind and admirable human being.....I dunno what you expected but inmy eyes, that is far from boring and we need a Danny in our world right now.....Him being so out of touch with society adds a sense of awkwardness that gives him perosnality even

And I don't see how anyone can hate Colleen, she's up there with Claire, Elektra and Trish for me.....The thing about her students.....How far are you exactly because they explained that from the jump

yes, iron fist character is boring.

Because he a good guy doesn't make him boring? Come on, he have no personalty. He is a walking moron that cannot think two seconds head.

Colleen problem is that she the side character also with little to no personalty. Yes, i know about her students but it wasn't done well. I'm on episode 11, and i hate everyone beside claire.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#12 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:29 AM

slow pacing is not synonymous with bad if the charecters have enough personality and chaisma to carry it.

Edited by retroluffy13, 18 March 2017 - 02:30 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#13 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

slow pacing is not synonymous with bad if the charecters have enough personality and chaisma to carry it.

True. Unfortunately, they don't. It takes him 3 episodes to have any semblance of common sense.
  • retroluffy13 likes this

Spoiler

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:30 AM

He's a Chinese weaboo (Kind of).....That in itself is entertaining

yes, iron fist character is boring.

Because he a good guy doesn't make him boring? Come on, he have no personalty. He is a walking moron that cannot think two seconds head.

Colleen problem is that she the side character also with little to no personalty. Yes, i know about her students but it wasn't done well. I'm on episode 11, and i hate everyone beside claire.

So you'd rather him be completely unrealistic? Because him being like this is the whole point of his character....He's a fish out of water and is acting like one

And being serious =/= no personality, Colleen isn't a side charactee either....If there's anyone in this show whos boring and fits a side character role it's Joy and she's just annoying

And I dunno what you were expecting in regards to her students but for something as minor as their motivations and the purpose of the dojo filled with side side characters, what we got was more than enough

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

Other than Luke and Matt the others suck.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#16 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

Since i am sick anyway and bound to bed, i binge-watched the entire season yesterday and today and yep, it is by far the worst out of the Marvel Netflix shows so far and i was not a big fan of JJ and Luke either. No compelling or interesting characters, bland action and powers, clichéd dialogue and plotline and so on and the ending was really befitting, 4/10.

• DarkNemesis and waleuska like this

qhz8b56l.png

#17 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

Finished watching Iron Fist. Had time to think over everything as well.

I'll say that while this is definitely the weakest of the Netflix shows, it isn't overall a bad or terrible show. Has a mix of good and bad in it, but through an through manages to just stay so/so rather than be good or great or even bad and terrible. 

Spoiler Story

Spoiler Characters

Music was so/so. Had a few good tracks, but then also some that were rather meh. 

Graphics ..... eh ........ While not the worst, I do think this is something that could really use better means of graphics.

Finally the Action. The action in this wasn't the worst I've seen. But at the same time a certain number of it felt staged and not really believable.

Again however this series is the weakest of the Netflix shows thus far. Yet it isn't bad or terrible. Not great or good either. Just a so/so series and addition to the MCU Netflix series. Hopefully they do better come Defenders, as well if an when this get's a S2 they do learn from the mistakes they did and do better.

But yeah ... it's just so/so. 

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#18 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

Nothing compelled me to care about Danny Rand. 3 episodes of unnecessary drama he could have resolved in episode 1. The teleporter effect was annoying. The shining stars, in order, were: Madame Gao, Claire, and Colleen. The fight scene in the last episode was stupid. Him being outsider a very little relevance in the story. Hell the guy who came after him was a native of K'un L'un and somehow was a British Pakistani. The one thing they did get right was the end. Though as a viewer, I stopped caring or even wondering whether or not the Hand was gonna move on K'un L'un while Danny was in NYC. Even though, they mentioned about 20 times how he's supposed to be at the gate, guarding it. The Hand just seemed so ....ineffective as villains. They had more of a presence in Daredevil than in Iron Fist. Though, I noticed and found slightly entertaining the Doctor Strange parallel at the end.

This gets a generous 5.5/10. It wasn't a complete snoozefest but there were a lot of missed opportunities and just bad story scripting/writing/telling/whatever.

Spoiler

#19 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:05 PM

Looks like I'm gonna have the unpopular opinion here but oh well.....This was pretty good imo, not better than Daredevil or Luke Cage, but certainly a lot better than the snorefest that was Jessica Jones imo

Spoiler Full Thoughts

I've said this before and I'll continue to advocate this, but being cliche =/= bad automatically

Edited by Tokoya, 18 March 2017 - 11:56 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#20 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

the action scenes were decent enough (Better than in both Luke Cage and JJ though) so for me,

I think that's due to a couple of reasons.

1. Difference in styles.

Matt an Danny are well trained fighters in a more stylistic form of combat. Luke is more of a brawler from boxing an such. An Jessica ..... errr ..... I don't think she has any training at all and is instead more like a normal everyday person who normally doesn't fight but when does just does whatever.

2. Powers.

Luke and Jessica both have super strength, and both have their own unique specialties. But either way they're more 24/7 powered individuals and they use that in they're combat. Combat which mostly requires them to take on people they can easily break or kill and just mostly walk right through.

Danny has his Chi power. But with this show he doesn't have a full mastery over it, and mostly relies on his abilities without Chi Power. So he's going to have to put more effort into his battles.

Matt hasn't the luxury of powers or the ability of harnessing his Chi. So he really has to put more effort into his battles.  

• Tokoya likes this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users