Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

Somebody was wishing that Iron Fist had worn a mask or something. Well here's your wish come true. Just 6 months too late.

That's Matt not Danny lol
  • Kazekage, DarkNemesis, RamenRenegade and 1 other like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#42 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

That's Matt not Danny lol

Shit. :facepalm: You're right.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#43 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

Been lazy but my review of Iron fist.

Now before i start this review is going to shit on the tv show. now, i have no basis to the idea of iron fist being white, if the story is well done than i do not care if a person is white, black, or green.

So i give it a 1/10. Read the rest of my review before having a heart attack.

Action:

The action in this story was bad. I couldn't get into any of the fight scenes and for the most part they were boring. For a kung fu super hero the kung fu was awful.

Story:

Man i wanted more hand lore and we got was crap. If there is someone who was paying attention way more in this show then me tell can you tell me what is the hand overall goal. Is it to take over the world or something. To created a super army. The reason i am asking because it doesn't seem like they have an overall goal, beside of selling drugs and making money.

Now the only part i like in this show was danny going into his corporation and kicking their butts. That was fun watching him not care about the money and having all those board people crapping their pants because of it.

The main problem with the story i think was hand wasn't as intimating as it was in DD. In that show they  had a master plan that can destroy the world and in Iron fist, they were there just to be there.

The absolute worst thing about this show, the Characters:

Meachums:

I do not know where we suppose to like these guys or hate them. The reason I put all three in one place is because I had the same problem with all three of them. One moment they are total dicks and the next they do something that doesn’t get them out of the dog house but was nice. Then they turn around and do something dickish again. Examples:

Ward tries to kills danny because he finds out danny is who he says. Turns around and want to quit the corporate life and just wants to be a rich guy with no plans and have fun every day. I dig that. Turns around and instead of using his own money he wants to steal from his employees. What a huge dick move.

Joy is no better. She is supposed to be the nice meachum and she could care less about anyone beside her immediate imitated family members and the company. She is willing to send danny on his way and take his name, so he doesn’t interfere with the company. I understand her position but that was not how you treat a family member. Also she doesn’t give a rat ass about the people her factor hurts. That was the nice meachum.

Colleen:

I know people like her the best in this show but why?  my overall complaint with her, we are told more about her good deeds that what was shown. Not only that but I have no idea what any of her students names are or even if I remember their faces.

Colleen has a dojo losing money and she needs more to keep it open. So she goes underground to fight. Why? She is using that same dojo to recruit hand members. I would think that they would put money into that investment. The whole colleen story line doesn’t make a lot of sense and later I will explain how I would fix it.

Danny:

OMG this character made no sense what so ever. From day 1, he is running around like a retard monkey. He walks into a billion dollar company sees two old friends and all he can say is that I AM DANNY. Stupid you have been gone for what 12 years, proof it moron.

Then he challenges the hand to a duel or whatever. Yet, is surprise when an EVIL organization cheats to win.  That was another face palm moment.

Also he should have straight up murder the meachums, they were all assholes to him. Family my ass.

Ok, how would I fix the iron fist tv show on nextflix.

I would have made it about colleen and her hand buddies, but instead of me not knows any of their names or caring about none of them. Danny should have been working with the hand longer than one episode before finding out they were the hand. He should have seen them pull people off the streets and help with their lives. The government refuse to help this people and society treats them like thrash the only people that is willing to help them is the hand. Now the hand is only doing this to make an army that hates society and is willing to burn it down, but danny should know this or should learn about it close to the end of the series. This causes danny to be conflicted in what he should do.

Now like the tv show give the hand different leaders. The leaders handle things differently but all wants the same goal, to make an immortal dead army of super ninjas.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#44 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

So word on the street is that Into the Badlands got a renewal for a season 3 and has extended the season to episodes 16. I don't doubt the renewal is off the merit of the show. But I wonder if the extension is because of the "bounce" in viewership after Iron Fist. Because there was a lot of "if you want to see want a 'better' Iron Fist watch Into the Badlands".

Edited by DarkNemesis, 26 April 2017 - 08:42 AM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#45 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:49 AM

So word on the street is that Into the Badlands got a renewal for a season 3 and has extended the season to episodes 16. I don't doubt the renewal is off the merit of the show. But I wonder if the extension is because of the "bounce" in viewership after Iron Fist. Because there was a lot of "if you want to see want a 'better' Iron Fist watch Into the Badlands".

I hope that's true cuz Badlands has been excellent! Although I think 16 episodes per season might be too much for a show like that. 12 would be ideal.

BTW, I'm one of those people who tells people to watch Badlands instead of IF. Iron Fist was doooo doooo!!!

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #46 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,404 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

Agreed and I think there's a pretty clear drop in quality all around between this and say Daredevil or Luke Cage. If we're blaming any one thing i'd probably cite the fact that Marvel was eager to move onto their big Defenders project.

They have to. According to the actor's contracts, Defenders has to be wrapped before 2017 ends. 

https://twitter.com/...4369028/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7d0zKTW4AAP...

I wouldn't necessarily say he's throwing them under the bus. He says it right out, the filming schedule was tight and to be honest i'm inclined to believe him. Because we know that right after finishing Iron Fist he had to go right into shooting The Defenders, something that also doesn't make much sense, but we know that it happened because Marvel announced it themselves.

Goes to show how miscast Finn Jones was. They should have gotten someone with actual background in martial arts. 

Danny Rand and Davos respectively were both badly miscast. Especially Danny, who at know point did he look like a person who'd studied martial arts rigorously for 15 years. That dude looked like he had to Google how to do a pushup after he was cast.

Damn, son. Have you been training in K'un L'un? Cause even Luke Cage would have felt that burn. 

Claire suddenly is skilled enough to fight members of the Hand after she takes some Kung fu classes after work? (Does she actually have a job?) And the Hand, who supposed to be this great mystical enemy are just a bunch of ninja drug dealers with all the ability of the Foot Clan from the 90s TMNT cartoon. Seriously, go back the very first TMNT movie, it's the same clan, differnt body part.

Actually, ::pushes up nerd glasses:: 

TMNT started out as a parody of Daredevil.  Splinter = Stick.  Foot Clan = The Hand.  Heroes got their powers after a truck carrying chemicals was spilled on them. 

Question though, I am not an Iron Fist guy, either in comics or tv shows. I haven't seen the show yet but I will once Defenders gets closer but I heard that in the IF comics the reason why Danny was chosen as IF was because a portal K'un L'un exists in NY underneath Rand enterprises. I was wondering; do they ever incorporate this into the show itself? It would explain the giant hole we saw in DD.  

• DarkNemesis likes this

#47 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 11,189 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

Question though, I am not an Iron Fist guy, either in comics or tv shows. I haven't seen the show yet but I will once Defenders gets closer but I heard that in the IF comics the reason why Danny was chosen as IF was because a portal K'un L'un exists in NY underneath Rand enterprises. I was wondering; do they ever incorporate this into the show itself? It would explain the giant hole we saw in DD.  
    From what I know, his dad trained there when he was younger and years later he brought Danny and his wife back to the snowy location where Kun'lun is but then they both ended up dying (How they died is different in the show but the reason why it happened is still relatively the same) because of reasons and then some Kun'lun monks found Danny and took him in and trained him like they did his father and eventually he became the top candidate to inherit the Iron Fist because of his skills - Everything else apart from his dad being trained by the monks too (And what I mentioned in brackets) was the same in the TV show
    • Kazekage likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#48 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,404 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

I didn't mean the origin itself, just want to know if they are incorporating that portal thing into the show. If not, that hole still remains a mystery. 

Also, is Steel Serpent a part of the show? I thought they were hinting at him being Gao's boss when we saw his symbol on the heroin packs she sold and I assumed that he was going to be the Big Bad of the IF show. 

#49 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 11,189 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:14 PM

I didn't mean the origin itself, just want to know if they are incorporating that portal thing into the show. If not, that hole still remains a mystery. 

Also, is Steel Serpent a part of the show? I thought they were hinting at him being Gao's boss when we saw his symbol on the heroin packs she sold and I assumed that he was going to be the Big Bad of the IF show. 

Oh okay.....Nah there wasn't any portal or anything but Madam Gao and another faction of the Hand plays a big role in this.....And yeah Steel Serpant is in it 

Edited by Tokoya, 28 April 2017 - 10:14 PM.

• Kazekage likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#50 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 11,189 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

• Kazekage, DarkNemesis and Royal_King like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#51 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 16,284 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

"Whatever it is you are...?"

:glare:

Classy Wonder Woman. That's who the hell she is. Shit, the blind ninja and her fight better than you. The nerve. :hmph:

• Kirito likes this

Spoiler

#52 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

I know I should be hyped about this. But seeing Iron Fist again made my nerdgasm go away.

•  

• #53 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,125 posts
    • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

Seeing him say how he's "The Immortal Iron Fist" with that tone an look. Just makes me cringe. 

Are we not yet past that phase with him yet?

Plus I love how they regard him as the weak-link or something. Which is really true since his show didn't go so well, and how well he is compared to the others. lol

An I'm guessing he's still not Iron Fist ... Iron Fist. Seeing as he still needs a moment just for his one fist to glow up. So that tells me he hasn't tried honing his skills better. Though then again ..... WHAT SKILLS to begin with. XD

Oh well at least we'll have a cast of better characters to balance if not outweigh Fin Jones's ....... whatever that is. lol

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
    I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
    Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
    You can always hear me singing this song
    Show me the way to go home.

#54 White Zangetsu

White Zangetsu

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 118 posts
    • LocationGem Road

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

You people sure to love to whine and complain like little babies when it comes to Iron Fist. We get it already. No one actually cares.

xlzkh5J.jpg?1

#55 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 16,284 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

You people sure to love to whine and complain like little babies when it comes to Iron Fist. We get it already. No one actually cares.

Well... except you.

Spoiler

#56 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

Well... except you.

Lol! Nice.

•  

• #57 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 16,284 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:03 AM

Captain Jazz Hands.... :lol: :laugh: :lolxg:

https://www.theverge...t-twitter-troll

Spoiler

#58 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 16,284 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:01 AM

Release Date is August 18th. FYI.

Spoiler

#59 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 967 posts
    • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:04 AM

man we asses like complaining about stuff. It almost like where on a forum arguing....weird right 

#60 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 967 posts
    • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users