4 replies to this topic

#1 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

I don't know where else to put this thread. If there's a more appropriate place, please move.

So JoE is making a new OMF Manga Reader (alpha stage, afaik). And Greg said its purpose is to host original manga content. No ill-gotten, copywritten content. So do we need to start announcing "Coming Soon, new Manga Reader" to all available manga artists/writers? Do we look in this community first for content? Is there any other intent for the reader?

Any questions I missed? Thoughts?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

shoudn't the big announcement to the wide public be made only after the reader will be more finalized?

currently there are still some parts missing(like the "add new manga" page or "submit"), joe decided to show it in it's current state to get further ideas to finish it up

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#3 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

Part of my concern, is that we finally have the reader up and running. But have no content. And wait about a month for that. So it would be nice that while JoE works on the reader, mangakas work on their work. That way they can be launched near-simultaneously.

But yeah, you make a fair point.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 21 March 2017 - 08:15 AM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#4 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

ahh, yes, giving a forewarning may be a good idea (but so long we have a good estimate of when the reader will be usable, otherwise it may end as a fake promise)

about the content

what about manwha and japanese web comics?

If the copyright holder wants it up, it's allowed.

the reader could potentially host more than only original works, from the west only

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#5 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

the only thing about this is we have like one guy on forum whos actually up to mangaka snuff and he barely posts.

but id start with thelastpierott for sure. also dr blah if its just going to generally be for web artists.

Edited by retroluffy13, 21 March 2017 - 08:31 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users