#1 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

I open up this thread because I find it a bit about time to change up the Major thread, with some fresh major mangas.

For example: Boku No Hero Academia's thread is way too active to stay in the Semi-Pros and Bleach is...well Dead, yet still in the Major thread.

Icould very well keep on going but there would be now point in just giving out examples, so I thought maybe this could help our Mods out.

• Tokoya and fundapafNup like this

fcfe04fad68d4aafcb09c9c667b48dcf.jpeg

"We are not your kind."

#2 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

We should remove Naruto/Boruto from majors too.

#3 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,800 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, super happy to re-org the forums. 

The reason that I haven't given things like BnHA a full forum is because discussion has been entirely centralized in a single thread. Are we going to get posts outside of pure chapter discussion threads when it has an entire forum to itself? 

#4 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

naruto and bleach could become sub-forums next to the one of toriko
most of the series in the semi-pro could get a sub-forum like the one of toriko, not necessarily a big forum with the same visibility as the one of one-piece and fairy tail

the semi-pro forum is generally a bad idea, if a serie gets promoted for the interest it generates, it gets promoted, or not, having it stuck in a limbo isn't a real answer 
if the series in the semi-pro don't deserve a whole forum, they could go back into the general manga forum

@Greg can the nested forums be collapsed?
like the ones of toriko as seen in the semi-pro forum

in a similar way they are collapsed on animesuki

nested forums: https://forums.animesuki.com/

how they are collapsed to don't get in the way of the other discussions below https://forums.anime...isplay.php?f=51

Edited by Zeando, 23 March 2017 - 01:35 PM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#5 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

Yeah, super happy to re-org the forums. 

The reason that I haven't given things like BnHA a full forum is because discussion has been entirely centralized in a single thread. Are we going to get posts outside of pure chapter discussion threads when it has an entire forum to itself? 

I believe so, I mean with all the topics around in the "Semi-Pros" get people to just discuss whatever in the chapter thread, I mean people in there probably doesn't bother looking at the other topics due to all the mangas here. (speaking for myself, can't say what the others think about this.)

fcfe04fad68d4aafcb09c9c667b48dcf.jpeg

"We are not your kind."

#6 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

having also a "Completed Series" forum would be good: toriko, naruto and bleach would go there, plus many other threads currently buried in the archive about finished series

well, naruto still has boruto running, so it's not completed yet, unless boruto is taken apart from naruto, but it wouldn't make sense

• Grimmjagger likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#7 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

on the topic of boku, I can think of at least five original threads not counting character threads that would do seriously well

a deeper themes thread, a hero ranking thread, an all for one thread, an one for all thread, and a realism in manga thread

I think that despite this hesitance to split up conversation, in a series like boku, new threads might actually end up generating discussion

• Tokoya, Zeando and Grimmjagger like this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#8 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,800 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

@Zeando I don't know what you mean by collapse. 

With Bleach and Naruto, I eventually plan on moving the threads to the archive forum and closing things up, but I don't think we're there quite yet.

Well, let's give this a shot.

• retroluffy13 and Grimmjagger like this

#9 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

Should we make separate weekly chapter threads, or lump them together like in the Toriko-forum?

#10 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

@Zeando I don't know what you mean by collapse.

this

Spoiler

becoming this

Spoiler

Welcome, Major Series, Animanga Discussion, Imaginarium and Off Topic can all be collapsed currently, but they are rightly set as open by default

that same mechanic would be useful to be applied to nested forums, like the one of toriko, if more nested forums will eventually be added

With Bleach and Naruto, I eventually plan on moving the threads to the archive forum and closing things up, but I don't think we're there quite yet.

can't there be a Completed Series forum ?

only locked, and highly outdated threads should be archived,

because the archive has the common meaning to be the "trash bin" of the whole forum, and you don't toss in the trash bin things with still a potential use (usually)

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#11 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,800 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

I'd argue that completed things belong in the archive, since there's no longer active discussion, but I'm not too concerned this second. Not planning on adding more Toriko-like things in Semi-pro in the near future; it didn't really seem to work out.

@Oben I'd say go with the same structure as OP.

#12 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

well, the completed forum  would be for finished series which still have some little activity in them

forums with absolutely zero activity for a long span of time should go in the archive, but only for a matter of space, since a whole forum which isn't used, and is in the forum index, only takes space away from other active forums

threads of completed series with no activity do no harm if they stay out, they're going to be at the bottom of the forum anyway, no one is going to see them, but if someone wants to bring them back it'll be fast and easy, without any archive movement

i linked before animesuki because that's an example where nested sub-forums actually work, so it was a good example on this matter of series getting their own forum when they grow enough

Edited by Zeando, 23 March 2017 - 05:45 PM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#13 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

I'd argue that completed things belong in the archive, since there's no longer active discussion, but I'm not too concerned this second. Not planning on adding more Toriko-like things in Semi-pro in the near future; it didn't really seem to work out.

@Oben I'd say go with the same structure as OP.

Ok.

For the bold, that was in part the fault of the manga itself, Toriko turned pretty bad in its last quarter (soon after we got the subforum), and discussion died down respectively.

• Tale likes this

#14 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:32 AM

Well my opinion is that Boruto and Dragon Ball Super should be added to Semi-Pro. Bleach should have a topic in Manga discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users