#1 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

all_might_wallpaper_by_jombs24-da3pmq2.p
Long ago, a man with a Quirk that could steal and distribute quirks forcibly gave his Quirk-less little brother a quirk that stockpiles power. However, the little brother already had a quirk with no effect other than that it could be transferred to another. The little brother's Quirk (that could pass itself on) and the quirk given to him by his older brother (that stockpiles power) merged and became One For All. Thus, the little brother became the first user of One For All.

SO.  who here thinks Mino would have been better suited for all for one then Deku?

Edited by retroluffy13, 23 March 2017 - 03:12 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Currently Mirio could/would be better host for OfA, but since Deku has it pretty much means he will be better in the end, maybe even the best OfA user of all time

17.jpg

#3 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

see I honestly think that mino has more potential overall and could have possibly have been even better then deku dispite the fact that deku will one day be the best.  the kind of dedication he has to mastering his quirk combined with how hard it is to use in the first place leads me to believe has has more potential overall.  like deku, its not as iff he was ever actually even skilled with his ability to begin with, but given time and effort hes pproven again and again why hes one of the best aroun d.

but this thread should go beyond single minded speculation.  what do you all think the previous owners of one for all were like?  we know FOR A FACT that all might is the first one to use it in the way that he has, to become a symbol of peace.  wre all the users of this ability the same way?  were they all innately heroic?  or have there been some bad eggs to own the thing as well?  what was all mights master like?  we know she was a woman,and that her quirk wasn't as powerful as all mightws for the simple fact that one for all gets pprogressivly more powerful as time goes on.  how usefull was the ability to stockpile before the likes of all might?was it even possible before him to become the GOAT with it?

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,131 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

SO.  who here thinks Mino would have been better suited for all for one then Deku?
I do
  • Grimmjagger likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

I do

lmao.  why?  specifically?

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#6 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,131 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

lmao.  why?  specifically?

He has the experience, skill and wisdom needed and outclasses Deku in all 3 imo....He's not as much of a "hero" as Deku is (Nobody is really) but at the end of the day, he's still on the side of good

• Chillman and Grimmjagger like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#7 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

He has the experience, skill and wisdom needed and outclasses Deku in all 3 imo....He's not as much of a "hero" as Deku is (Nobody is really) but at the end of the day, he's still on the side of good

for the sake of argument and discussion id just like to point out how absurdly fast Deku ha gotten use to his quirk even without the guidance of a guy like sir.  at the beginning  of this manga, dude couldn't even form a fist without shattering his entire fing hand but NOW its basically like night and day.  and keep in mind, its been less then half of a year since he inherited it.

on top of that I don't see very many people being like Deku and using the power of OFA to become the flash a opposed to superman.  its not the first thing that comes to mind, especially when you see all might in action.

• Raiden likes this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#8 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

I disagree that Mirio would have been a better candidate - It's already really hard for Mirio to control his own quirk. 

Notice how, even now, he can't prevent his clothes from coming off lol.

OFA also takes quite a bit of concentration to prevent a surge of power from breaking one's bones. 

I think the two quirks would have been too much for him to handle. Of course, if he could concentrate enough to control both quirks and use them effectively, then I do think he would be a better candidate.

I'm also against the idea of one person, who already has a good quirk, to have OFA - 

If the person dies, it's like losing two super heroes, right?

Plus, in a world like MHA - you don't know who has a hax power and who doesn't. 

If Mirio innocently punches Chisaki, it's GG after he makes contact due to Chisaki's quirk. (We don't know exactly how Chisaki's quirk works, but you get what I'm saying) 

Edited by eemo23, 23 March 2017 - 05:53 PM.

• retroluffy13 and Five-Tailed-Fenrir like this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#9 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

I disagree that Mirio would have been a better candidate - It's already really hard for Mirio to control his own quirk. 

Notice how, even now, he can't prevent his clothes from coming off lol.

OFA also takes quite a bit of concentration to prevent a surge of power from breaking one's bones. 

I think the two quirks would have been too much for him to handle. Of course, if he could concentrate enough to control both quirks and use them effectively, then I do think he would be a better candidate.

I'm also against the idea of one person, who already has a good quirk, to have OFA - 

If the person dies, it's like losing two super heroes, right?

Plus, in a world like MHA - you don't know who has a hax power and who doesn't. 

If Mirio innocently punches Chisaki, it's GG after he makes contact due to Chisaki's quirk. (We don't know exactly how Chisaki's quirk works, but you get what I'm saying) 

that leads us to another point:  Mirio has had his entire life to get used to his quirk but it was only with the aid of Sir that he even actually started to develop his talent with it.  its completely unlike deku who, for the majority of his life, had no quirk and thus had no "Talent" to even strive towards perfecting like Mirio did.  see, you get the feeling that had deku had this power from the get go, he'd be an expert with it by now for the simple fact of how smart he really is.  hes anylitical by nature, unlike all might, and he's super heroic in his drive to be a hero, unlike sir is.  hes literally the best of both worlds and ideologies,

his only weak point is, unlike bakugou, hes not as driven to win as all might is.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#10 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

that leads us to another point:  Mirio has had his entire life to get used to his quirk but it was only with the aid of Sir that he even actually started to develop his talent with it.  its completely unlike deku who, for the majority of his life, had no quirk and thus had no "Talent" to even strive towards perfecting like Mirio did.  see, you get the feeling that had deku had this power from the get go, he'd be an expert with it by now for the simple fact of how smart he really is.  hes anylitical by nature, unlike all might, and he's super heroic in his drive to be a hero, unlike sir is.  hes literally the best of both worlds and ideologies,

his only weak point is, unlike bakugou, hes not as driven to win as all might is.

Ehh, well I agree with some of your points, even about Mirio becoming a master of his quirk with the assistance of Sir.

But not with Deku having OFA from the get-go. Deku is really smart and tactful. He's creative and learns how to be more creative from peers like Bakugo.

But even he needed tutelage under Gran Torino to be able to learn how to actually channel OFA. Until that point, he was merely a glass cannon. 

Who knows, he might have learned that after a while, nobody can tell. But, as per the story, he only honed that ability (Full Cowl) while training under Gran Torino. 

• retroluffy13 likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,131 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

for the sake of argument and discussion id just like to point out how absurdly fast Deku ha gotten use to his quirk even without the guidance of a guy like sir.  at the beginning  of this manga, dude couldn't even form a fist without shattering his entire fing hand but NOW its basically like night and day.  and keep in mind, its been less then half of a year since he inherited it.

on top of that I don't see very many people being like Deku and using the power of OFA to become the flash a opposed to superman.  its not the first thing that comes to mind, especially when you see all might in action.

Deku is a beast in his own right, don't think anyone can deny that really but for Mirio to be the best in the school, and to hear how he did it, you can't really undermine him here either

Edited by Tokoya, 23 March 2017 - 06:27 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:13 AM

Don't forget that Mirio might nlt even get to keep his old quirk had he got OfA. Since OfA really is stockpiling power and tranfering it, so it's very likely that it would overwrite Mirios old quirk

Edited by Jekkusormi, 24 March 2017 - 02:14 AM.

17.jpg

#13 Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationFloating aimlessly.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

Don't forget that Mirio might nlt even get to keep his old quirk had he got OfA. Since OfA really is stockpiling power and tranfering it, so it's very likely that it would overwrite Mirios old quirk

That actually raises kind of a good theoretical situation. If Mirio had inherited OFA (and we take it's definition of stockpiling literal, as in it adds whatever is already there to itself) and he'd learned to use both quirks together (as I personally don't think OFA would overwrite, so much as take precedence as far as offense goes) would his successor then inherit OFA AND the intangibility quirk? I think this then leads to the next question-- the OFA we're familiar with, for all intents and purposes, is something akin to physical augmentation, but what was it like during it's first few users? Were each (or some/a few) of the earlier users completely quirkless as well and the power we see is kind of 'standard'? Did a few of it's users have quirks that were then fundamentally added? (which I would find interesting as most of OFA's facets revolve around the physical augmentation, so the idea that an overwrite occurs isn't impossible in the slightest) I just realized that retro pretty much asked the same thing, but I think our questions can sort of be answered separately and differently.

I personally don't think Mirio can be, in the long-run, as good as Deku simply due to OFA having those 'lingering spirits' (or whatever) that can apparently manifest. The transparency quirk already seems like it takes a lot of concentration and on top of the sheer amount of time and effort needed to even moderately use OFA, I don't think he'd be able to balance them both well enough to be effective together. (agreeing with eemo)

Edited by Five-Tailed-Fenrir, 24 March 2017 - 01:29 PM.

• retroluffy13 likes this

The greatest thing about forums-- you get to see everyone's opinion on a certain topic of discussion.

The worst thing about forums-- you get to see everyone's opinion on a certain topic of discussion.

See where I'm going with this?

#14 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

@Five-Tailed Fenrir - I don't think other quirks get added on to OFA. 

Nana Shimura also had a quirk apparently (I can't remember where I read that, but I'm pretty sure she did) and that quirk was not passed down. 

• Five-Tailed-Fenrir likes this

s7218980.jpg

#15 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

Why I think Mirio would fit One for All better than Deku, but I'll keep it short and with only facts that recently appeared to us.

• When Deku was grabbed on by Erika and he encounter Overhaul, Deku acted on feelings alone/not rationally about the situation and wanted to fight the enemy.
  • Despite Nighteye made it clear that he would only employ Deku if he could stamp his own paper despite what could become of the room, Deku was trying not to break the room despite knowing that, he simply cared too much for the All Might poster to keep their "original form"
  • When Deku and Mirio encountered Overhaul, he showed his emotion to the enemy.
Now, I know on point 2, people might say "Those posters could have a double meaning might have been people he needed to protect showing he could protect them at all cost." Well he failed to retrieve the stamp either way.

During situation A tho, Mirio acted on a most reasonable manner and proposed that they let Sir. Nighteye on it.

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#16 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

Nana Shimura also had a quirk apparently (I can't remember where I read that, but I'm pretty sure she did) and that quirk was not passed down. 

if that's true id like to see the scource

When Deku was grabbed on by Erika and he encounter Overhaul, Deku acted on feelings alone/not rationally about the situation and wanted to fight the enemy.

I think sirs just being extra hard on him because he innately dislikes him.  deku did fine in that situation.

Despite Nighteye made it clear that he would only employ Deku if he could stamp his own paper despite what could become of the room, Deku was trying not to break the room despite knowing that, he simply cared too much for the All Might poster to keep their "original form"

you could also make the argument that he was doing that foor sirs sake moreso then his own.  perhaps a bit of it was hero worship, but more likely is he was trying to be respectful.

When Deku and Mirio encountered Overhaul, he showed his emotion to the enemy

I mean it was his first outting.

Edited by retroluffy13, 24 March 2017 - 04:04 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#17 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

if that's true id like to see the scource

I think sirs just being extra hard on him because he innately dislikes him.  deku did fine in that situation.

you could also make the argument that he was doing that foor sirs sake moreso then his own.  perhaps a bit of it was hero worship, but more likely is he was trying to be respectful.

I mean it was his first outting.

1-Well, Fankly, Deku and Mirio were asked to only keep an eye on Overhaul, but although they had made contact he rushed and showed how he suspected Overhaul from hurting Erika, that being said he was asked to keep an eye not interefere with him

2-Dunno if I'd respect a guy who clearly doesn't respect me, Deku litterally failed to retrive the stamp for the sake of showing respect to one who doesn't even respect him.

3-Fair enough.

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#18 Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationFloating aimlessly.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

That's what's being presented to us at the moment, but if assimilation were the case, I'm just wondering how that works. (Not to knock what's established now, I'd just like to know what happens to the quirk that was already there.) If a person was born with a quirk, then inherited OFA, does OFA like 'absorb' the potency of the first quirk, or does it just do away with it altogether? I understand that OFA is something that's passed down/on, but if someone like say, Bakugou, were to inherit it at this moment, would he be unable to use his Explosion quirk the moment he got OFA, would it be a gradual loss of it, would they meld or what?

I don't recall if we actually KNOW if it was passed down along with OFA-- she could have possessed a quirk that, compared to OFA, just wasn't worth it. (then again, it being genetic, it could be possible that OFA does not blend with the original quirk and thus, requires bloodline/childbirth passing. idk) Does OFA stockpile the experience each user gains in relation to their OFA usage (and thus, it basically only stockpiles itself, which seems more likely and in line with what we know) or again, does it stockpile any other quirk used/in possession? (which seems to be the more unlikely option and may just be me being overzealous for some deeper explanation later)

It's peculiar to me because, as Retro stated prior, I think it's important to know of the people who used it prior. I think that will give us a much better glance at it as a whole. I feel like we know enough about it, but there still feels like a lot more surrounding it.

Why I think Mirio would fit One for All better than Deku, but I'll keep it short and with only facts that recently appeared to us.

• When Deku was grabbed on by Erika and he encounter Overhaul, Deku acted on feelings alone/not rationally about the situation and wanted to fight the enemy.
  • Despite Nighteye made it clear that he would only employ Deku if he could stamp his own paper despite what could become of the room, Deku was trying not to break the room despite knowing that, he simply cared too much for the All Might poster to keep their "original form"
  • When Deku and Mirio encountered Overhaul, he showed his emotion to the enemy.
Now, I know on point 2, people might say "Those posters could have a double meaning might have been people he needed to protect showing he could protect them at all cost." Well he failed to retrieve the stamp either way.

During situation A tho, Mirio acted on a most reasonable manner and proposed that they let Sir. Nighteye on it.

I actually legit don't really understand why people think he's more deserving. Maybe I'm a little too invested in Deku, but I feel like it's.. 'right' that he got it. A middle school quirkless kid in world where quirks are everything, given this mythic quirk. To me, it kind of feels like he chose a blank canvas and wants to see how the picture turns out. (of course, it's not like Deku was just this completely stoic person void of values so much as there was no convoluted reason for him wanting to do what he wants to do)

But eh. If the story had been about Mirio, I probably would feel that he'd be deserving instead. *shrug*

• Raiden likes this

The greatest thing about forums-- you get to see everyone's opinion on a certain topic of discussion.

The worst thing about forums-- you get to see everyone's opinion on a certain topic of discussion.

See where I'm going with this?

#19 number21

number21

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationWhy don't you find me?

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

I really hope we get more info about this: http://kissmanga.com...es?id=222846#14

• Raiden and retroluffy13 like this

#20 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

I just don't hope we find out Mirio is a douchebag/working for the villains, and Deku realizes he was never the one. Would be such a cheap way to do it. Not that I expect Horikoshi to stoop that low. On the other hand, Mirio dying/getting injured or failing an important mission would be interesting, since Deku would blame himself since Mirio would have been stronger with OfA.

Edited by diezdragon, 26 March 2017 - 08:06 PM.

• number21 likes this

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users