• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,769 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

well Boku goes out of its way to focus on things like: bureaucracy, and even though it has a main character goes out of its way to make time for side characters and the like to a MUCH greater extent then  FMA does.  don't get me wrong i love fma, i think brotherhood is one of the greatest anime of all time and goes a long way in portraying the human condition in times of war but at the same time, its got flaws that Boku doesn't.  if fma were kmore like Boku, for example, we'd have gotten more focus on such things as how all became an official alchemist in the first place as well as the work they actually do.  but from what the series give us it leaves some glaring holes in the entire process such as how the entire general process works, how they get paid for they're services, how al lives his day to day life outside of the exciting parts, how different alchemists interact with each other, the technology of the time period outside of weapons and the likes, ect.  Boku hits all these points, and does so in such a way that it immerses you in the world to the point where you can actually imagine yourself living there.  hell, vigilantes takes it a step further and goes on to portray life outside of the law and establishes norm by showing us the day to day lives of characters we'd otherwise never get to see in the day to day lives of the hero's like Deku.

sure, you can argue that there's genuine realism in fma, but not to the same extent there is in Boku. that's just a fact.

Eh, this has nothing to do with being realistic. You just have a crave for slice-of-life-ish details, which, yes, contributes to realistic feel but that doesn't mean every show has to do it to be called realistic especially if the focus of the show isn't about such thing. Real life has several aspects, yes? And there's only so much a show can address. Being selective is a thing.

Boku can afford to do so because of its setting. On the other hand I can just say Boku hasn't done anything about war like FMA...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#22 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:02 PM

Eh, this has nothing to do with being realistic. You just have a crave for slice-of-life-ish details, which, yes, contributes to realistic feel but that doesn't mean every show has to do it to be called realistic especially if the focus of the show isn't about such thing. Real life has several aspects, yes? And there's only so much a show can address. Being selective is a thing.

Boku can afford to do so because of its setting. On the other hand I can just say Boku hasn't done anything about war like FMA...

oh, but it does because it portrays the world  in such a way that it genuinly immerses you and doesn't make you question  the logistics of it all for even a split second.  that's the real definition of realism.  Its like comparing the big bang theory to breaking bad.  one world is detailed and makes you think about the world in a light yo've never thought off before.  the other is the big bang theory.

Edited by retroluffy13, 24 March 2017 - 10:10 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#23 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,769 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:21 PM

oh, but it does because it portrays the world  in such a way that it genuinly immerses you and doesn't make you question  the logistics of it all for even a split second.  that's the real definition of realism.  Its like comparing the big bang theory to breaking bad.  one world is detailed and makes you think about the world in a light yo've never thought off before.  the other is the big bang theory.

Except that FMA is no big bang theory. It's also real, it just doesn't portrays the things/aspects you like to see. That's all.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#24 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:31 PM

Except that FMA is no big bang theory. It's also real, it just doesn't portrays the things/aspects you like to see. That's all.

I was using an exaggerated point.  but it to be fair it would be more liks, say, house as compared to breaking bad.  realistic, but to a different, lesser degree.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#25 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

To what exent would you consider BnHA realistic to other mangas?

• Chillman likes this
e7734c025aa8c51fa9a905c5a1dc0ed2.png

BIG THINGS ARE COMING TO OMF!

#26 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:49 AM

To what exent would you consider BnHA realistic to other mangas?

More like define realistic in this context
  • Chillman and Grimmjagger like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users