• LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

KATSUKI "KACCHAN" BAKUGOU

299406.jpg

Birthday: 20 April

Height: 5ft7

Affiliation: U.A

Quirk: Explosion

The aggressive and superiority complexed, Katsuki Bakugou.

Thread to discuss the character of Boku no Hero Academia, Katsuki Bakugou

Edited by Grimmjagger, 31 March 2017 - 12:21 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

fcfe04fad68d4aafcb09c9c667b48dcf.jpeg

"We are not your kind."

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

The annoying rival Deku needs and personally don't like him. But his moms hot though

• Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#3 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

Bakugou is a real controversial charecter to me and i can see why hes nuber one in the eyes of the fans.  his actions arent extly what you might think of as typically hero like.  But at the same time, once you look deeper then whats on the surface, hes actually not the "bad guy" a lot of people like to make him out to be.

• Grimmjagger likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#4 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

He is like a lame knockoff version of Vegeta. 

strong but instead of Vegeta's swag he is an annoying showboat with anger issues.

Go jump in a swamp.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#5 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

strong but instead of Vegeta's swag he is an annoying showboat with anger issues.

Go jump in a swamp.

Did he have aything in common of Vegeta?

This isn't really anger issues, but more about him being "proud" of himself.

Doubt he would die from that.

"We are not your kind."

#6 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

Did he have aything in common of Vegeta?

This isn't really anger issues, but more about him being "proud" of himself.

Doubt he would die from that.

Rival to the MC

Bitter towards the MC

Anger Issues

Child Genius who treats other like shit

Pride

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#7 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:15 AM

I'm not saying that Bakugou is a ripoff or otherwise bad character, qyite the opposite actually. I just really, really, REALLY hate arrogant people/characters with the sole exceptions of Escanor-sama and Aizen (not sure if Aizen even counts)
  • Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#8 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

As far as shounen rivals are concerned, he's surprisingly original.

• number21, eemo23 and Grimmjagger like this

#9 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

Go jump in a swamp.

They are very similar in many many ways, but in this case that not a bad thing. He still is a great and interesting character in his own right too

#10 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,191 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

Rival to the MC
Bitter towards the MC
Anger Issues
Child Genius who treats other like shit
Pride

So in short, every main rival in a shounen series

Except Bakugou is quite different for a variety of reasons

Edited by Tokoya, 24 March 2017 - 11:39 AM.

• Grimmjagger likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#11 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

One of the most bad*** lines that I've heard in this series is from Bakugo:

"If I bend and fold and choose to twist myself into a pretzel to win - If even that much was outside my power, then I couldn't stand it...!" 

And of course, Deku's reaction makes this scene all the more heart-melting and bad***. :cry:

Spoiler

It's funny also because doesn't Bakugo actually end up getting folded into a pretzel-like shape by that guy from the Hero exam? (The meat guy) :lol:

And of course, Deku's reaction makes this scene all the more heart-melting.

Edited by eemo23, 27 March 2017 - 05:13 PM.

• retroluffy13 and Grimmjagger like this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#12 number21

number21

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationWhy don't you find me?

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

When do you guys think Deku going to truly surpass him? I say around the end of their school years or sometime during the start of their hero careers.

#13 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

When do you guys think Deku going to truly surpass him? I say around the end of their school years or sometime during the start of their hero careers.

id have to say by the next time they fight, seeing as this time, bakugou won by a hair, and all the other times, dekus been behind him by a much larger margin.

Edited by retroluffy13, 27 March 2017 - 07:48 PM.

• Raiden and Grimmjagger like this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#14 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

I'd be very surprise if it is anytime soon, I mean Dragon Ball had Goku and Vegeta around the same level for a long time or a little margin nearer, Naruto had Sasuke and Naruto near at strenght level so I'm guessing it might be no difference between Bakugou and Deku.

"We are not your kind."

#15 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

Honestly, I think it's going to be a while.

People tend to think that Deku will continue to gain mastery over OFA, becoming stronger and faster whereas the others may either slow down their progress because they are "limited" and it's hard to measure the progress of others.

But here's the thing - You cannot account for the abilities and techniques others may learn to improve their battle prowess.

For example - Bakugo improved his speed by using his explosions to propel himself, thus making him a lot faster and stronger. Horikoshi is amazing when it comes to being creative to make a character stronger.

It's possible that when Deku gains access to say, 15% OFA, Bakugo and others will learn other techniques to keep up and not get left behind. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#16 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:40 AM

He already has in some ways when it comes to being a hero, like being less selfish and more caring etc.. If you're talking about when he will surpass him in all/most aspects, probably never. For example, Deku is probably already more calculating, but Bakugou seems to be more of a raw genius relying on instinct while fighting, hesitating little and improvising on the spot. If we're talking about Deku just beating him in a fair 1v1 fight, I'm sure it would depend more on a lot of surrounding factors as well..

That is not to say Deku won't gain more of an edge as he masters OfA however. 

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

#17 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

Just finished re-reading. Hae to admit but thanks to it Bakugo rose up quite a few steps on my list of favorites. Now now, don't get excited yet, still not even near the top, just not the least favorite ^^ his arrogance has stayed pretty much the same afterall

• number21 likes this

17.jpg

#18 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

I have mixed feelings in the character these days. Really couldn't stand him in the beginning. It really was all "me, me, me" with him. Even during flashbacks, his biggest concern was Deku no longer worshipping him and staying at "bug" level. After the arc where he was captured and All Might's condition was revealed to the world, I felt he was fleshed out better. He's still an arrogant dick who needs anger management training, but at least he's shown some growth, especially in recognizing his own weakness and blaming himself for what happened to All Might instead of trying to pass the buck to someone else.

Edited by KLGChaos, 28 April 2017 - 11:34 PM.

• Jekkusormi likes this

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#19 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

He's still an arrogant dick who needs anger management training, but at least he's shown some growth, especially in recognizing his own weakness and blaming himself for what happened to All Might instead of trying to pass the buck to someone else

I don't recall Bakugou ever blaming anyone in any events, that's not growth, since the beginning he was always able to know his own weakness, especially after the "Kacchan vs Deku" arc.
  • PunkHazard likes this

"We are not your kind."

#20 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

I really like kacchan. I think he's a great rival for Deku and I love everything about him. I do wish sometime's he could have a normal coversation with someone as opposed to screaming all the time but most times its funny so even thats ok. Even his superiority complex isn't that annoying (though sometimes it can be) because like previously said he knows his weakness and is training hard to always overcome them. if he was the arrogant type that just relied on his natural abilities and did nothing but get angry when others beat him then yea I would be irritated by him. but seeing how he works hard and fight for what he believes in then his "arrogant' personality gets translated to me as a "confident, determined and positive" personality. Kind of like Ikki from Air gear (i.e one of my favorite characters of all time from any manga).

I'm not saying that Bakugou is a ripoff or otherwise bad character, qyite the opposite actually. I just really, really, REALLY hate arrogant people/characters with the sole exceptions of Escanor-sama and Aizen (not sure if Aizen even counts)

lol why is escanor the exception? If anything he's worst

and I wouldn't count Aizen either, he wasn't arrogant because everything he said was true. He never bragged about wat he could do, just stated facts about wat he can do. and I never looked at his attitude as arrogant because he had the skills and knowledge to back up everything he said. Aizen was just so impressive in every way that whenever he said anything about himself it came across as a brag and arrogance but in the end it was just fact. Arrogance is defined as "having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities." Aizen never had to exaggerate about anything he said he could do and was even honest about the things he could not do or that were difficult for him.

Never tbh. I don't think it'll ever be like the difference between All might and Endeavor. I think deku will be considered the number one hero but just by a very small margin over kacchan. I can even see the kinda relationship where their rankings constantly swap between 1 and 2. they'll be neck and neck for the most part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users