Photo

Vigilante: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 1)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,867 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

https://mangastream....ante/006/4092/1

Edited by retroluffy13, 23 March 2017 - 05:59 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#2 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

I enjoy this series. I like how they're exploring the setting more, without waiting for the original series to conclude.

#3 smokingfrog

smokingfrog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:15 AM

Let me honest up front. I found it boring. That grandpa is annoying AF

#4 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

http://readms.net/r/...ante/007/4175/1

Pretty light-hearted chapter, but knowing what happens to Ingenium later makes this quite dark

Edited by SilentShadow, 10 April 2017 - 04:31 PM.

• Chillman likes this

Zh6lU4d.png?1

#5 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

RIP jogging body.

Actually now you think about it, woth this tie in, kinda set you timeline of the 2 series.

Makes yiu wonder date of the trio if they haven't stopped the drugs problem yet

#6 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

Fuck you Stain. Fuck you for life.
  • JDG973, eemo23, Moon_Hermit and 1 other like this

#7 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

Why did Stain go after him again? I thought he was only going after "fake" heroes but Ingenium seems like the kind of guy that would put others before himself

Zh6lU4d.png?1

#8 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

Why did Stain go after him again? I thought he was only going after "fake" heroes but Ingenium seems like the kind of guy that would put others before himself

I honestly don't know, Ingenium seems pretty genuine. 

I like Stain as a character and respect his ideal, but dayum taking out Ingenium was not a good move IMO, from what I've seen with Ingenium. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#9 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

RIP jogging body.

Actually now you think about it, woth this tie in, kinda set you timeline of the 2 series.

Makes yiu wonder date of the trio if they haven't stopped the drugs problem yet

Maybe it's revealed later. My guess is Yakuza hogs it for themself and finetunes it for later use. Or if Yakuza is already behind it then these are like tests to see how it works properly

#10 number21

number21

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationWhy don't you find me?

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

I honestly don't know, Ingenium seems pretty genuine. 

I like Stain as a character and respect his ideal, but dayum taking out Ingenium was not a good move IMO, from what I've seen with Ingenium. 

He is a villain...

#11 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

He is a villain...

No he isn't lol. He might be classified as one, but he is an anti-hero really.

Stain was fed up with all the fake heroes which is why he went on a killing spree. Stain respects All Might. Real villains hate All Might. That's a clear distinction right there.

So we're wondering why Stain took out Ingenium especially since Ingenium doesn't seem like a "fake hero". 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#12 Kurapika

Kurapika

Master Aqua

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationThe Realm Of Darkness

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:15 PM

Stain is a villain...

He killed and crippled people based on his own, warped, ideals.

The thing most people forget about Stain is his philosophy isn't just "The heroes who are only in it to help people are the true heroes" but is actually "Only the strong heroes filled with conviction who are only in it to help people are the true heroes" it's a very important distinction.

Ingenium was a good person, a good hero who really loved helping people but he wasn't strong enough in Stain's eyes. And that was enough for Stain to go after him. Which makes Stain a horrible person and a villain. Heck look at Native the hero who Stain was going to kill when Iida showed up. Native basically told Iida to forget him and run away showing he was at least not willing to let someone die for him, seems like a good guy. Yet Stain choose him to kill more than likely based on him being on the weaker side.

I never understand why fans like this character. He's as childish as Shigaraki is if you really think about it but without the sad background. Just "Dang people want to be paid for risking their lives? Forget that" *drops out of school and becomes a killer* "Time to kill those I feel aren't worthy" Like what. He's basically trying to force everyone/the world into thinking what he is doing is right/for the greater good by killing those he deems unworthy. Which is...wrong.

The world would be overrun with villains if only the super strong filled with conviction people who didnt want to be paid were heroes. Stain had no sense of how the world has to work in order for people to be safe/saved.

• Raiden, number21 and Moon_Hermit like this

#13 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:35 AM

It should be notcied that Stain's MO is bascially attacking any hero and see if they can stand up to him. He is a serial killer who ambushes his targets though its not shown if he plans his targets or jsut attacks who ever gets in his sieghts. Add in his quirk means a sneak attack means instant paralysis hes not even giving heroes a chance to prove themsleves. Its like a withc hunt. Chances are Stain was hiding in place waiting for his next target & Ingenium just came along at the wrong place, wrong time.

I like Stain, I respect his ideals & convictions but I will not romanticizes the man. He is an insane individual enforcing unrealistically high standards on the people, a great villain he is not a hero, heheh.

• Raiden likes this

#14 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

http://readms.net/r/...7+ Alpha/4221/1

Zh6lU4d.png?1

#15 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

http://readms.net/r/...ante/008/4253/1

Zh6lU4d.png?1

#16 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:34 AM

Too bad that river couldn't save her from her thirst.

Edited by Chillman, 16 May 2017 - 08:02 PM.

• Raiden, JDG973, eemo23 and 2 others like this

#17 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,867 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:34 AM

that's pretty adorable.

• Raiden likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#18 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

We PopHauler now boys.
  • Raiden likes this

#19 Kurapika

Kurapika

Master Aqua

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationThe Realm Of Darkness

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

We PopHauler now boys.

Weren't we already?

• Raiden likes this

#20 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:18 AM

At first I was excited about that little kid possibly being a famous hero we know in BnHA (I was going start the "that boy is Mirio movement :D ). Then the outcome was surprising, and really gives another interesting point to this manga (even if connecting it with BnHA might have been cooler, but whatever)

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users