Photo

Vigilante: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 1)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:06 AM

I really like how they make even the villains sympathetic. Most aren't born bad, life just treats them that way.
Edit: just remembered that he tried to rape Pop Step. This is awkward.

Edited by Chillman, 26 July 2017 - 11:26 AM.

#42 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

http://readms.net/r/...06+ Beta/4490/1

Some Vigilante to get over the break.

Edit: Even though it's Vigilante, it's actually more like a side chapter for the main series since it explains the start of All Might's and Tsukauchi's friendship

Edited by SilentShadow, 11 August 2017 - 10:15 AM.

• Raiden, retroluffy13 and Chillman like this

Xm1Uk4L.png

#43 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

what's up with the + titles and the alpha/beta?

#44 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

what's up with the + titles and the alpha/beta?

maybe its a reference to the fact that the main cast of villains wasn't in this one?

the alpha is the main vigilante'series and the beta are just my hero academia one shots probably.

Edited by retroluffy13, 12 August 2017 - 11:23 AM.

• Chillman likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#45 Nergal131

Nergal131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

http://readms.net/r/...ante/011/4510/1

Well, whaddayaknow

#46 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

By Stopping this they done 2 things

1) Stain is no longer killing people in Alleyways, which could go much much longer. As he hunt heroes, he more likely to be stopped. 

2) It gave birth to VA via Ideology change

Can't tell if bad or good.

Rather, would have been better if they reported it ahead of time? 

#47 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

So does this mean that we'll eventually see these people in the main story? Or are we gonna get more backstories from villains? I wouldn't mind either tbh cuz this one was pretty good. But seeing the old man in the main story would be awesome 

#48 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

Damn well chapter. Really glad that we got some more of Stain and even his actual "creation". But that cutting of his own busted nose was some ugly shit... 

But I like that crazy motherfucker ^^

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#49 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:05 PM

So, I've read to about chapter 6 of Vigilante but I still can't get into it. Tbh, the old guy is kind of boring :/

I'll continue to read it because I like Crawler and because I wanna know how this series will tie in to the main one, if ever. I do like how the mains in Vigilante have chance interactions with some of the other characters of the main series. 

#50 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

So, I've read to about chapter 6 of Vigilante but I still can't get into it. Tbh, the old guy is kind of boring :/

I'll continue to read it because I like Crawler and because I wanna know how this series will tie in to the main one, if ever. I do like how the mains in Vigilante have chance interactions with some of the other characters of the main series. 

yeah read on^^ and you are not that far away from where it ties into the main series (I think).

Spoiler

#51 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Anyone ever notice that Stain had a great Quirk to be a hero with his physical capabilities? 

• eemo23 likes this

#52 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

Anyone ever notice that Stain had a great Quirk to be a hero with his physical capabilities? 

Well he wanted to be a hero after all. But he left the hero school after 1 year (?) and became what he became.

• Chillman likes this

Spoiler

#53 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

to be fair, boku heros aren't exactly archetype like heros.  with very few exceptions, its not a stretch to say that being a hero really is "just a job" to many of them.  not to say they aren't good people, there just doesn't seem to be a standard for moral character when it comes to heros in boku, which would be troubling to guys like stain.

anyone could be a hero for any reaon in boku, be it selfish, selfless, or somewhere in between.  stain simply dreams of a world where they wre all selfless martyers and let his ego get the best of him into thinking he could be the solution to the  problem.  this is the only solution he sees as just one person.

so a few things about stain that are plainly obvious from the way he operates.

1.  he's impatient, wanting change to the world to be spontaneous and grand when he could be doing more when it came to incremental change.

2.  his ego is too large for his head.  he thinks hes the only person on earth who feels the way he does and thus detaches himself from the rest of humanity, making it easier to simply kill away his problems rather then trying to resolve them.

besides these two things though, theres really not a lot that separates him from all might.  one could call they're passion for  what they do equally as fanatical.

Edited by retroluffy13, 21 September 2017 - 08:52 AM.

• Raiden, eemo23 and Chillman like this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#54 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

Oh i get it and all i'm just saying having a hero who only has to cut a villian and then lick their blood and they are subdued for multiple minutes so you can tie them up ect seems pretty good to me. 

• Raiden and eemo23 like this

#55 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

http://readms.net/r/...ante/012/4581/1

Xm1Uk4L.png

#56 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

Hmmm so does this mean he will be revealing his identity to her? or does this mean he will just be inactive when shes around and pop and the old dude end up taking care of the rest? 

#57 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

So if she's a rival of pop, I wonder how this goes down.

She could find out he is a vigilante and have a problem with it due to her brother and leave them be or help them deal with her brother. 

She could continue to be a love interest and join them depending on her quirk...? 

or just more of a supporting character anyway? 

#58 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

Really liked this info dumb chapter :D That's what I like about this spin-off. It gives so much great world building for the main manga and even some character development to some characters.

Spoiler

#59 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

http://readms.net/r/...ante/013/4619/1

Xm1Uk4L.png

#60 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

Fun chapter. wonder if she will become the new love interest or if she's only  temporary 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users