diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

It's actually haven't been even a year since Deku got OfA. He got it in October the same day he took the enterimg exam. Then he waited a few months for the results and the school started in January (I think). The training camp was held during Summer break abd currently they are on their second semester. Mirio still calls them first yearers

The school year in Japan starts in April, meaning that only a few months have passed since Deku first entered UA.

• eemo23, PunkHazard, Jekkusormi and 1 other like this

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

#22 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

I think we may get an international arc or at least the world outside Japan might get showcased as the series progresses.

I mean, before it was how AM's retirement shocked the world. And now, we know that there are higher class drugs being manufactured by American companies. 

• number21 likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#23 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

So would American heroes be based on manga heroes?

#24 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

So would American heroes be based on manga heroes?

I didn't get you - Are you asking if the American hero/villain characters in the manga would be based on characters from Marvel/DC? Like Spiderman, who apparently is Horikoshi's favorite hero?

Hmmm, I don't know actually. Not sure if there are legal issues with doing that. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#25 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

I didn't get you - Are you asking if the American hero/villain characters in the manga would be based on characters from Marvel/DC? Like Spiderman, who apparently is Horikoshi's favorite hero?

Hmmm, I don't know actually. Not sure if there are legal issues with doing that.

No. There are a few characters in the manga who resemble American heroes, but live in Japan. I'm asking if when we get to America, will there be American heroes that resemble manga heroes. An American Goku for example.
  • number21 and eemo23 like this

#26 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

No. There are a few characters in the manga who resemble American heroes, but live in Japan. I'm asking if when we get to America, will there be American heroes that resemble manga heroes. An American Goku for example.

It's definitely possible. I think Horikoshi may go that route instead of getting into the legal complications of actually having characters like Spiderman showcased.

s7218980.jpg

#27 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

Can someone please create a timeline of the events so far? I think the characters are like, 1-2 years older since the time Deku got his quirk. 

If anything, I'll make one when I have some time. 

I just remembered why I started the "Things You Propably didn't notice" -thread and one of the reasons was that they actually hold the U.A. Sport Festival each year (duh). But the thing I realized was that they hold it for every Class-groups, second yearers get their own arena etc. So we are going to see some cool new sport activities designed for second yearers etc.

This might have been obvious for some/most but atleast I  haven't seen anyne talking about it so thought it might be worth bringing up

Edited by Jekkusormi, 17 April 2017 - 03:11 AM.

• eemo23 likes this

17.jpg

#28 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:32 PM

Yo dat OST at 1:06 dough. 

• number21 likes this

s7218980.jpg

#29 number21

number21

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationWhy don't you find me?

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Does anyone here think we might get a part 2 of this series? Where it just focus on the main cast having a hero career?

• eemo23 likes this

#30 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

Anything is possible, but I think the series has potential if there were ever a college sequel.

• eemo23 likes this

#31 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

For reals dough, this series could really use some more bad*** OSTS. Loved that soundtrack at 1:06, we just need more IMO. 

• number21 likes this

s7218980.jpg

#32 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

So who is going to adapt Eri after this arc?

I think All Might or the Midoriya family are the most likely option. It would be nice if Midoriya got a little sister. Though Aizawa  that would be something.

#33 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

No one

#34 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

So who is going to adapt Eri after this arc?

I think All Might or the Midoriya family are the most likely option. It would be nice if Midoriya got a little sister. Though Aizawa  that would be something.

There was a post on Reddit or Mangahelpers, about Eri being captured by the league, and then Twice would use his ability to multiply Eri and then Shigaraki would accelerate the development of the "quirk removal technology".

I don't know, it's possible. But personally, I don't see quirk-removal bullets continuing to be a huge plot point like it is now. I still expect them to be used, but not have them contribute greatly to the plot.

And I don't see permanent quirk removal happening either personally. 

s7218980.jpg

#35 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:07 PM

For realz, I'm happy MHA is now considered one of the "Big 3", but it should be above FT. 

Wait is the term "Big 3" something that Jump magazine decides or just something on this forum?

Does anyone think anyone from Class 1-A might die throughout the story?

No. this manga won't be that dark. I'm like 100% confident in that. Wost that'll happen is some one ha to retire from being a hero.

The school year in Japan starts in April, meaning that only a few months have passed since Deku first entered UA.

Jesus! Really? then I think Deku is progressing with his power a little too fast. I was thinking that it has been at least a little less then a year since he got it. Is this manga going to actually go through all  3 years of high school at this pace? Like over 140 chapters per year? or will there be some kind of time skip at some point? If so what would warrant a time skip?  I can't imagine him having 400+ chapters of things to talk about by the way he's going.

#36 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:29 AM

Jesus! Really? then I think Deku is progressing with his power a little too fast. I was thinking that it has been at least a little less then a year since he got it. Is this manga going to actually go through all  3 years of high school at this pace? Like over 140 chapters per year? or will there be some kind of time skip at some point? If so what would warrant a time skip?  I can't imagine him having 400+ chapters of things to talk about by the way he's going.

That's what I thought too, but here's the thing -

1) Deku is a genius, so I'm sure that compared to others, he learns better. It indirectly means he gets stronger faster, since he learns how to use his ability in different ways. After all, we saw how he was able to apply OFA to his body (full cowl) by watching Gran Torino cook something in the microwave. 

2) Like AM explained to Bakugo, a character at level 1 will grow at a much faster rate. So we can't apply Deku's growth rate to the rest of the series.

3) Deku had to train his body for a period of time to "become ready" for OFA - What this says is that Deku would not be able to even be capable of using such an ability without getting ready for it. This is more of a fun fact.

• PunkHazard likes this

s7218980.jpg

#37 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

I have a pretty good feeling that the pawns are going to take quirk enhancing drugs and wreck everything. 

An even stronger feeling that some of the heroes are going to die. We know BNHA isn't like other series. It's not just going to be fodder cops that die.

I think that heroes that have had somewhat of an influence on the series so far are going to be mortally wounded, may lose their quirks (even if temporary, it's enough to keep them down), and possibly die.

As a MS commentator put it, "Lock Lock is going to get rock rocked".

• Madara D Dragon likes this

s7218980.jpg

#38 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

I was thinking about it, and... Even if Deku becomes the greatest hero of all time and becomes a symbol of justice, that symbol will eventually dissapear when he dies. I mean, Horikoshi could sell us how him becoming the ultimate hero will make everything bright and perfect, and end the manga like that. But as I said, having a symbol who is eventually going to die in some time (if deku doesn't turn inmortal which I hope oh god please Horikoshi doesn't do) is useless, so a mortal symbol of peace isn't going to be a solution to the problem. You kind of feel where I'm going, right?

The symbol of peace needs to be something unbreakable or inmortal, not a person, but a symbol on itself. How could that possibly be achieved??? It's simple:

the symbol of peace needs to be One for All

If Deku realizes what I just said, that a mortal symbol of peace will only bring despair when this symbol dies (like All Might losing his powers did), he realizes that the real thing that would make the world stay with hope and in peace would be openly declaring what One for All is. If the world knows it, and knows that after each "All Might" or Deku, another one will inherit that same power and do the same the previous have done, that on itself would bring a greater peace than a single individual would. So One for All should become the ultimate symbol of peace.

This final part is something I would love to see but separate from the previous point in some way (and I've heard some people don't like the idea of Bakugo having OfA :P ):

(Then I could add that in order to do that and prove it Deku will give OfA to Bakugo in the final arc, saving the world at the same time by giving Bakugou the ultimate power boost he needed to beat the final villain. This would make Deku the greatest hero of them all, as heroes are thos whi sacrifice for the greater good, and he would be the bringer of the final Symbol of peace: One for All. And at the same time Bakugo would be the strongest, so fullfiling his dream of always winning, but at the same time addmiting Deku as the greatest hero of all time)

Edited by Madara D Dragon, 22 May 2017 - 07:45 AM.

• Jekkusormi likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#39 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

I was thinking about it, and... Even if Deku becomes the greatest hero of all time and becomes a symbol of justice, that symbol will eventually dissapear when he dies. I mean, Horikoshi could sell us how him becoming the ultimate hero will make everything bright and perfect, and end the manga like that. But as I said, having a symbol who is eventually going to die in some time (if deku doesn't turn inmortal which I hope oh god please Horikoshi doesn't do) is useless, so a mortal symbol of peace isn't going to be a solution to the problem. You kind of feel where I'm going, right?

The symbol of peace needs to be something unbreakable or inmortal, not a person, but a symbol on itself. How could that possibly be achieved??? It's simple:

the symbol of peace needs to be One for All

If Deku realizes what I just said, that a mortal symbol of peace will only bring despair when this symbol dies (like All Might losing his powers did), he realizes that the real thing that would make the world stay with hope and in peace would be openly declaring what One for All is. If the world knows it, and knows that after each "All Might" or Deku, another one will inherit that same power and do the same the previous have done, that on itself would bring a greater peace than a single individual would. So One for All should become the ultimate symbol of peace.

This final part is something I would love to see but separate from the previous point in some way (and I've heard some people don't like the idea of Bakugo having OfA :P ):

(Then I could add that in order to do that and prove it Deku will give OfA to Bakugo in the final arc, saving the world at the same time by giving Bakugou the ultimate power boost he needed to beat the final villain. This would make Deku the greatest hero of them all, as heroes are thos whi sacrifice for the greater good, and he would be the bringer of the final Symbol of peace: One for All. And at the same time Bakugo would be the strongest, so fullfiling his dream of always winning, but at the same time addmiting Deku as the greatest hero of all time)

So basically like Avatar ^^ Still, I kinda like it (well Avatar was good anyway). However there is the reason OfA was a secret in the first place which is the same why pretty much every superhero hides their identities: So villains can't blackmail the hero and use him/her for their own good, especially now that OfA can be given away.

17.jpg

#40 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

So basically like Avatar ^^ Still, I kinda like it (well Avatar was good anyway). However there is the reason OfA was a secret in the first place which is the same why pretty much every superhero hides their identities: So villains can't blackmail the hero and use him/her for their own good, especially now that OfA can be given away.

Oh, did Avatar end like that? Or you mean the fact that its known there is this special power which is transmitted?

I get the not revealing the secret identity thing, but what's the problem of telling the power some hero is using is the same All Might was using years ago? That doesn't ruin the hero's secret identity at all. Leaving aside the fact that heros in BnHA don't seem to care about secret identities except for All Might.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users