• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:52 AM

Oh, did Avatar end like that? Or you mean the fact that its known there is this special power which is transmitted?

I get the not revealing the secret identity thing, but what's the problem of telling the power some hero is using is the same All Might was using years ago? That doesn't ruin the hero's secret identity at all. Leaving aside the fact that heros in BnHA don't seem to care about secret identities except for All Might.

The latter.

Not the power itself but the fact that it can be given away. If some decent villains knew that it wouldn't take long for them to add 1+1 for All Might (or the previous user of OfA) weakening and/or vanishing with new wonderkid in town appearing. when you connect the dots you can pretty much mess around how you see fit.

17.jpg

#42 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

The latter.

Not the power itself but the fact that it can be given away. If some decent villains knew that it wouldn't take long for them to add 1+1 for All Might (or the previous user of OfA) weakening and/or vanishing with new wonderkid in town appearing. when you connect the dots you can pretty much mess around how you see fit.

But mess around HOW? That's my question. As in attacking that new wonderkid before it gets powerful? I still think it would be a better symbol as people woulf still have hopes put in the power itself. Even if it's true that the pressure put on the successor could be a huge problem now that I think of it.

But I don't think it's THAT visible who the new wonderkid is. I mean, Deku doesn't outstan that much compared to their friends. He might be becoming strong faster but that's something we see because we're seeing his whole development. People like Bakugo or Todoroki are having a bigger spotlight. I mean, I completely agree with the risk you're telling me about, but I'm wondering if that risk would be worth taking it.

To be honest I thought about it when re-reading some chapters and remembering The Dark Knight :D Batman explains there how what he wants to create is a symbol (similar to what All Might is), but the key to that symbol is the fact that anyone could be the hero. And I think that's a real symbol of peace/fighting evil, so I tried thinking of something similar for BnHA.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#43 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

But mess around HOW? That's my question. As in attacking that new wonderkid before it gets powerful? I still think it would be a better symbol as people woulf still have hopes put in the power itself. Even if it's true that the pressure put on the successor could be a huge problem now that I think of it.

But I don't think it's THAT visible who the new wonderkid is. I mean, Deku doesn't outstan that much compared to their friends. He might be becoming strong faster but that's something we see because we're seeing his whole development. People like Bakugo or Todoroki are having a bigger spotlight. I mean, I completely agree with the risk you're telling me about, but I'm wondering if that risk would be worth taking it.

To be honest I thought about it when re-reading some chapters and remembering The Dark Knight :D Batman explains there how what he wants to create is a symbol (similar to what All Might is), but the key to that symbol is the fact that anyone could be the hero. And I think that's a real symbol of peace/fighting evil, so I tried thinking of something similar for BnHA.

Well for starters a villain might wan't to get rid of the OfA-cycle (like the agenda of one of Korras seasons). Or they might wan't to force the wonderkid to give OfA to villains.

All Might was going to give OfA to someone in academy. That person would have had quirk already so that's not that hard to miss (given you know the quirks of students, which in other hand is also visible when U.A. is pretty much advertising them with the festival) if you know students and their quirks. So unless the OfA successor is quirkless finding OfA again isn't THAT hard if you know what and where to look for.

I'm not against the symbol idea but it has a HUGE risk with it.

17.jpg

#44 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:31 AM

OfA should have been passed to person already containing a quirk. By doing that, the original quirk merges with OfA making it better as it goes from user to user.
Is that how it works??

@Jekkusormi are u saying that a student with quirk would give away the fact that he has OfA than a quirkless person.
Nice to see a good reference to korra. Btw u were talking about zaheer and the red lotus wanting to break the cycle but in a earlier season there was someone kind of trying to replace her. We might see something like that in MhA.

#45 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:29 AM

OfA should have been passed to person already containing a quirk. By doing that, the original quirk merges with OfA making it better as it goes from user to user.
Is that how it works??

@Jekkusormi are u saying that a student with quirk would give away the fact that he has OfA than a quirkless person.
Nice to see a good reference to korra. Btw u were talking about zaheer and the red lotus wanting to break the cycle but in a earlier season there was someone kind of trying to replace her. We might see something like that in MhA.

Well, yes. For example f a student with fire breating quirk also gets super-human strength mid-season (especially after U.A. festival with all the recoding cameras around) that should raise some suspicion. And if OfA is revealed to the world then it should be pretty obvious who is the new OfA carrier.

Yeah I have trouble remembering thos Avatar names since none of them are written and are rather peculiar anyway. Also as much I liked Avatar and especially Korra, I had/have trouble remembering what happened in which saga. For example I completely forgot how the Korra 4th season ended and thought 3rd season was 4th etc.

17.jpg

#46 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:01 PM

You know how the heroes have costumes tailor made for their quirks? What if the villains get something like that in the future? They already have quirk boosters.

#47 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

Hot diggity dayum:

https://www.reddit.c...in_chapter_145/

• retroluffy13 and Madara D Dragon like this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#48 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:43 AM

Kind of corss-series guestion but:

Buggy is very low-tier in One Piece, but how well would he succeed as villain in BnHA-verse? Could he become a member of Yakuza or VA? Or could he form and maintain his own Villain group?

How would he handle 1v1 against Midoriya or his classmates? How about other heroes?

Edited by Jekkusormi, 16 July 2017 - 04:45 AM.

17.jpg

#49 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:58 AM

How strong are Buggy bombs compared to Bakugo's?

#50 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

How strong are Buggy bombs compared to Bakugo's?

Can't really say, bombs in OP are trash to other characters but, in BnHA it's different, there would be too much to compare here.

If I had to pick, I'd say Bakugou's are stronger.

0ad46516cd807f27e344afb947fdf188.gif

"Who the fuck am I to criticize your twisted state of mind?"

#51 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

Well his first bomb annihiliated a whole street. And are villains of BnHA as gullable as in OP, I mean could Buggy form his own League with his charisma?

17.jpg

#52 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:11 AM

So what do you think the end game for Toga's character? She is such a messed up person, kind of tragic when you think of it, so I think a tragic end, I predict she will have a glorious death that will inspire Deku to further pursue his goal.

I could see either Deku try to save her life for some situation like falling down a cliff or falling into lava, but fails, or Shiragaki just kills her right in front of Deku after she served her usefulness and to make a point to Deku. Outside chance maybe a redemption death protecting Deku, but I am leaning towards the other two.

Edited by Magic Man, 01 August 2017 - 07:00 AM.

#53 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

So what do you think the end game for Toga's character? She is such a messed up person, kind of tragic when you think of it, so I think a tragic end, I predict she will have a glorious death that will inspire Deku to further pursue his goal.

I could see either Deku try to save her life for some situation like falling down a cliff or falling into lava, but fails, or Shiragaki just kills her right in front of Deku after she served her usefulness and to make a point to Deku. Outside chance maybe a redemption death protecting Deku, but I am leaning towards the other two.

Why would you right something like that, you hurt my feelings...

Never kill Toga in any situation, baes never dies.

0ad46516cd807f27e344afb947fdf188.gif

"Who the fuck am I to criticize your twisted state of mind?"

#54 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

There was a good point in this video: We still don't know how Eri erases quirks. I mean, if se does it with touching it might be the reason for Mirios expacted/anticipated defeat. However it may also be a possibility that it may save Mirios life as well like Overhaul is about to splatter Mirio all over but then Eri just lunges on Overhaul and won't let go

• eemo23 likes this

17.jpg

#55 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

Or Mirio wins, but Eri accidently dies, and he has a breakdown or so. But that might be too un-Shonen.

• Raiden and Jekkusormi like this

#56 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:39 AM

Or Mirio wins, but Eri accidently dies, and he has a breakdown or so. But that might be too un-Shonen.

Or that, but I was more refering to Mirios assumed Death Flag

17.jpg

#57 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

All Might's very strong death flag also turned into a symbolic death of his symbol, so I could see something similar here.

#58 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

If Overhaul can reassemble even recently died people back to life, can he reassemble himself -> he can heal himself endlessly as long as he is concious

17.jpg

#59 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

Mirio is the number 1 hero in my heart. **** this. 

Not saying I hate MHA after this or anything. Great writing from Horikoshi, it's just that my feelings may not recover immediately  :cry:

Edited by eemo23, 07 September 2017 - 10:34 AM.

• Madara D Dragon likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#60 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:35 AM

If Overhaul can reassemble even recently died people back to life, can he reassemble himself -> he can heal himself endlessly as long as he is concious

Can't he only reassemble things he destroyed himself?

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users