League_of_Villains.png

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:44 AM

Love the introduction ^^

Can't say I remember much of them even thpugh they are pretty cool. For example who are the purple-shirtrd-stick-mouth and lizard-guy and are they still in group?

17.jpg

#3 Nergal131

Nergal131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:02 AM

Love the introduction ^^

Can't say I remember much of them even thpugh they are pretty cool. For example who are the purple-shirtrd-stick-mouth and lizard-guy and are they still in group?

Lizard guy is called Spinner and he's the one who has a thing for Stain and his ideals.

The purple shirt guy is called Giran and he's the broker for the League of Villains, he scouts and recruits new potential members. He introduced Himiko and Dabi to the League.

• Jekkusormi, Chillman and Grimmjagger like this

#4 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:08 AM

Lizard guy is called Spinner and he's the one who has a thing for Stain and his ideals.

The purple shirt guy is called Giran and he's the broker for the League of Villains, he scouts and recruits new potential members. He introduced Himiko and Dabi to the League.

Oh yeah, thanks for the info?

Were they captured after the mountaincamp?

17.jpg

#5 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:19 AM

Oh yeah, thanks for the info?

Were they captured after the mountaincamp?

Muscular, Mustard and Moonfish (biceps, gas guy and crazy tooth) were captured at the camp. Magne was killed by Overhaul. Spinner, Dabi, Toga, Kurogiri, Giran and Compress (lizard, fire guy, knife girl, teleport, stick guy and ball boy) make up the current League of Villains with Shigaraki as their leader. 

• Jekkusormi and Chillman like this

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

#6 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

Muscular, Mustard and Moonfish (biceps, gas guy and crazy tooth) were captured at the camp. Magne was killed by Overhaul. Spinner, Dabi, Toga, Kurogiri, Giran and Compress (lizard, fire guy, knife girl, teleport, stick guy and ball boy) make up the current League of Villains with Shigaraki as their leader. 

Good summary, but you forgot Twice (Split Man) ^^

• Raiden and diezdragon like this

#7 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

I love horikoshis very own shonen Deadpool and how he chose to focus on that one time he literally split into two people as opposed to his regenerative capabilities.  it makes him a bit more unique in terms of a character then if he had just straight up had regenerative properties like horikoshi could have easily done with him.

Edited by retroluffy13, 24 March 2017 - 08:04 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#8 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

Favorite one is this group right now is definitely Mr. Compress. He's calculating, sly and efficient while also looking slick as all hell. Favorite moments with him include him preparing fake compressed balls to fool the students during the camp, his combo attack with Magne, compressing Dabi after he passed out to protect him, and of course when he took the initiative to protect his friends from Overhaul but ended up losing his arm. He honestly deserves to become second in command of the League of Villains now that All for One is gone and Shigaraki has become the definite leader. 

Damn, I knew I would screw that up somehow..

Really liking the League that remains so far, and hoping we can get some new members after Overhaul has been defeated (like the small masked thing). Magne always felt like a throwaway character for me, being the stereotypical okama-type character that appears so often in japanese pop culture, with a relatively useless power (although it definitely had a lot of potential for creativity). 

Edited by diezdragon, 24 March 2017 - 08:34 AM.

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

#9 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

I beleive there's still someone new from League of Villains that we haven't seen: http://mangafox.me/m...07/c057/22.html , the spiky-back-gue on second panel

Chapter is 57 and last page for those who can't use mangafox

17.jpg

#10 smokingfrog

smokingfrog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:13 AM

Would like to know the secret of all those palms on Shigaraki.

#11 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:06 AM

Would like to know the secret of all those palms on Shigaraki.

The one in his face is his father's. The others, who knows.

#12 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

I do enjoy the trope/concept of villains gaining development along with the heroes, or even clashing with other villains. It's why I enjoy some Power Ranger seasons.

#13 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:31 AM

I do enjoy the trope/concept of villains gaining development along with the heroes, or even clashing with other villains. It's why I enjoy some Power Ranger seasons.

I feel like people keep using the word trope just to spite me... but I'm not that important so its more likely people just think die-z had good points.

wouldn't call it a trope so much as its how people operate in real life.  its called a gangland mentality.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#14 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:09 AM

If somehow Chisaki and Shiragaki were able to join forces, I wonder how would this affects the current war as the Heroes obviously are only on Shiragaki's case.

Is this where AM will be reborn?

0ad46516cd807f27e344afb947fdf188.gif

"Who the fuck am I to criticize your twisted state of mind?"

#15 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:52 AM

hes got one last hurrah left in him and imo it will be against shiragaki

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#16 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

hes got one last hurrah left in him and imo it will be against shiragaki

I kinda doubt that, he will probably die to show us Shiragaki's power and so he could have at least a decent feat.

Edited by Grimmjagger, 02 May 2017 - 04:03 PM.

#17 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

Is it just me but are none of the bad guys quirks as strong and effecient as the heroes? Even people like stein and overhaul are cool and strong but their quirks are kinda one dimensional. I wonder if that's done on purpose to show the difference between trained and disciplined heroes and villains with no formal training. I'm sure we'll meet a hero-turned-villain character in the future so maybe we'll see the difference in his quirk usage then.

• eemo23 likes this

#18 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:06 AM

Is it just me but are none of the bad guys quirks as strong and effecient as the heroes? Even people like stein and overhaul are cool and strong but their quirks are kinda one dimensional. I wonder if that's done on purpose to show the difference between trained and disciplined heroes and villains with no formal training. I'm sure we'll meet a hero-turned-villain character in the future so maybe we'll see the difference in his quirk usage then.

Overhaul's quirk isn't strong to you??? Damn... He can freaking blow someone uo by touching it. That's some metal badass overpowered quirk. Far more than "having a tail", "becoming strong when eating sugar", "making people fall asleep", "creating clones" or "controling clay"...

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#19 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

Overhaul's quirk isn't strong to you??? Damn... He can freaking blow someone uo by touching it. That's some metal badass overpowered quirk. Far more than "having a tail", "becoming strong when eating sugar", "making people fall asleep", "creating clones" or "controling clay"...

No I see what Punk Hazard is saying - 

He didn't call Overhaul's quirk weak but 1 dimensional. And I can agree with that, based on what we've seen. 

It's touch and die or don't touch and lose with Overhaul. That's not very interesting to me, wouldn't you agree? 

Of course, his quirk is extremely deadly but as a fan, I want to see "a fight" - not a OHKO match unless it's with fodder.

Is it just me but are none of the bad guys quirks as strong and effecient as the heroes? Even people like stein and overhaul are cool and strong but their quirks are kinda one dimensional. I wonder if that's done on purpose to show the difference between trained and disciplined heroes and villains with no formal training. I'm sure we'll meet a hero-turned-villain character in the future so maybe we'll see the difference in his quirk usage then.

I agree with you- 

As Mirio puts it, he has "experience". And with his experience, he received a lot of formal training.

Most fodder villains, like the drug user Kirishima fought against, don't have much experience and can't use their quirk as efficiently as they would had they actually trained it.

But Stain was really good. Sure, he fought off and lost to 3 kids, but I think he knew what he was doing. That's why he was able to kill that many pro heroes.

But you know, I think another focus of this series is story telling and not just fights. Overhaul is acting like a real leader and is delegating his tasks, putting his priorities first, instead of jumping to the front lines.

He sees the bigger picture and knows about what's important in the long run. 

So he may have more of a leadership role, than a role as an actual fighter because his quirk is so 1 dimensional. 

• PunkHazard and Chillman like this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#20 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

Would you still call that OP if Overhaul were to fight let say a Todoroki-like quirk? long-range could clearly OP Overhaul's quirk IMO.
  • PunkHazard likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users