Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:45 PM

Let's go about it one by one:

- AfO: Might be ok :lol:

- Shigaraki: Conditioned, depends on his physical skill, but can deal a lot of damage.

- Kurogiri: Extremely powerful.

- Dabi: Generic quirk, not much to see here.

- Toga: Very versatile, but less of a combat ability. Still useful.

- Muscular: Generic quirk, not much to see here.

- Mustard: Has its uses for AoE and midrange-combat.

- Magne: Highly conditional, pretty pointless.

- Mr. Compress: Really useful, maybe not in pure combat-situations, but overall.

- Moonfish: Garbage.

- Twice: Versatile in almost any situation.

- Overhaul: Depending on details, he might just be a strictly better Shigaraki. Well, he can't remove things, but restructuring on a small scale might achieve the same.

#22 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

Would you still call that OP if Overhaul were to fight let say a Todoroki-like quirk? long-range could clearly OP Overhaul's quirk IMO.

Well it could indeed, but depending on the scale of overhauls power. If he can decompose anything that includes attacks thrown at him. Anyway, I think it's a really strong power, and even if it can obviously look one dimensional as @eemo23 said, it can end up being more than just touching=killing. Although I may be too affected by the fact that I loved how Horikoshi shocked us all showing such brutality making a known character get blown up. I was so impressed by it that I fell in love with Overhaul and his power.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#23 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Anyway, I think it's a really strong power, and even if it can obviously look one dimensional as @eemo23 said, it can end up being more than just touching=killing.

It would be very cool if this is the case. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#24 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:51 AM

Well it could indeed, but depending on the scale of overhauls power. If he can decompose anything that includes attacks thrown at him. Anyway, I think it's a really strong power, and even if it can obviously look one dimensional as @eemo23 said, it can end up being more than just touching=killing. Although I may be too affected by the fact that I loved how Horikoshi shocked us all showing such brutality making a known character get blown up. I was so impressed by it that I fell in love with Overhaul and his power.

As it was stated, his quirk allows him to disassembling and reassembling anything he touches. He's been told to even curing chronic illnesses. Also, he seems to be able to fuse people together with other things: http://www.mangapand...academia/115/13 (If link doesnt work it starts with Chapter 115 Page 13)

17.jpg

#25 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

Overhaul's quirk isn't strong to you??? Damn... He can freaking blow someone uo by touching it. That's some metal badass overpowered quirk. Far more than "having a tail", "becoming strong when eating sugar", "making people fall asleep", "creating clones" or "controling clay"...

well yall pretty much said it all but yea his ability is strong but it doesn't have a lot of uses, not flexible enough, long range, mid range, short range, attack, defense, agility, team work compatible, etc. Incidentally Kacchan and todoroki have all these things with their quirks. All Overhaul has is close range attack, maybe defense. Unless like you said he can deconstruct things being thrown at him or even not tangible things like fire and electricity, like Gildartz from FT. If he can do that then Ill take it back, That would make his quirk pretty versatile.

No I see what Punk Hazard is saying - 

He didn't call Overhaul's quirk weak but 1 dimensional. And I can agree with that, based on what we've seen. 

It's touch and die or don't touch and lose with Overhaul. That's not very interesting to me, wouldn't you agree? 

Of course, his quirk is extremely deadly but as a fan, I want to see "a fight" - not a OHKO match unless it's with fodder.

I agree with you- 

As Mirio puts it, he has "experience". And with his experience, he received a lot of formal training.

Most fodder villains, like the drug user Kirishima fought against, don't have much experience and can't use their quirk as efficiently as they would had they actually trained it.

But Stain was really good. Sure, he fought off and lost to 3 kids, but I think he knew what he was doing. That's why he was able to kill that many pro heroes.

But you know, I think another focus of this series is story telling and not just fights. Overhaul is acting like a real leader and is delegating his tasks, putting his priorities first, instead of jumping to the front lines.

He sees the bigger picture and knows about what's important in the long run. 

So he may have more of a leadership role, than a role as an actual fighter because his quirk is so 1 dimensional. 

Exactly. It has to be the training and experience that allow them to have such versatility.

I think stein was strong too but I still think his quirk was really 1 dimensional. Like I cant help but think if he had more formal training and trained his quirk more he would have been able to paralyze someone for a lot longer then just a few minutes. At least a hour. or maybe he could have been able to get the blood in his system by just touching the blood instead of having to ingest it. Like as long as it gets in his body no matter how small an amount gets in his body even through his pores.

Would you still call that OP if Overhaul were to fight let say a Todoroki-like quirk? long-range could clearly OP Overhaul's quirk IMO.

Exactly, unless he can break down todoroki's ice with just a touch.

Let's go about it one by one:

- AfO: Might be ok :lol:

- Shigaraki: Conditioned, depends on his physical skill, but can deal a lot of damage.

- Kurogiri: Extremely powerful.

- Dabi: Generic quirk, not much to see here.

- Toga: Very versatile, but less of a combat ability. Still useful.

- Muscular: Generic quirk, not much to see here.

- Mustard: Has its uses for AoE and midrange-combat.

- Magne: Highly conditional, pretty pointless.

- Mr. Compress: Really useful, maybe not in pure combat-situations, but overall.

- Moonfish: Garbage.

- Twice: Versatile in almost any situation.

- Overhaul: Depending on details, he might just be a strictly better Shigaraki. Well, he can't remove things, but restructuring on a small scale might achieve the same.

muscula's quirk is pretty well rounded. just like All might's. Any strength enhancement is pretty flexible.

twice is useful but if he himself isn't strong itll just end up like Naruto's clones being defeated in one hit before disappearing.

#26 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

@PunkHazard Exactly, unless he can break down todoroki's ice with just a touch.

Yeah but at some point wouldn't that become a useless fight? He can't get near Todoroki and Todoroki wouldn't get close...

Don't get me wrong, his quirk is awesome but I don't know, Id rather have him have a OP quirk.
e7734c025aa8c51fa9a905c5a1dc0ed2.png

BIG THINGS ARE COMING TO OMF!

#27 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

Yeah but at some point wouldn't that become a useless fight? He can't get near Todoroki and Todoroki wouldn't get close...

That's when the creativeness and experience of the fighters come into play. Fights should always be viewed as two people fighting and their powers are just one of many of their tools used to accomplish their goal,  Their powers shouldn't be their entire fighting ability. Honestly my favorite type of fights are battles of wits with cool powers, like a chrollo vs hisoka kind of fight. Just off the top of my head their a lot of different ideas each of them can have to get the upper hand in the fight

Edited by PunkHazard, 27 May 2017 - 06:48 PM.

• eemo23 and Chillman like this

#28 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:39 PM

It's interesting to see that Twice and Toga are betraying the Yakuzas in the name of Shiragaki, is it because he care for what happens to his League that they can also understand him?

Because wasn't Chisaki's minion's ability make people unable to lie? They clearly passed that test out.
  • Red Opus likes this

#29 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

It's interesting to see that Twice and Toga are betraying the Yakuzas in the name of Shiragaki, is it because he care for what happens to his League that they can also understand him?
Because wasn't Chisaki's minion's ability make people unable to lie? They clearly passed that test out.

Right the way I understood this was, based on the conversation they had with shigaraki they don't believe he has any reason to betray them and the way the question was phrased chisaki never asked if twice or toga has any intention of betraying the 8 espada...I mean 8 precepts of death...
  • Grimmjagger likes this

#30 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

Right the way I understood this was, based on the conversation they had with shigaraki they don't believe he has any reason to betray them and the way the question was phrased chisaki never asked if twice or toga has any intention of betraying the 8 espada...I mean 8 precepts of death...

It would be damn awesome if Chisaki get beat by the League instead of the heros and end up working under Shiragaki, this would add great man power in the team.

#31 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

It would be damn awesome if Chisaki get beat by the League instead of the heros and end up working under Shiragaki, this would add great man power in the team.

Why the hell would Chisaki ever become one of Shigaraki's lackeys?

The dude likes being his own boss, being able to do his own thing.

Besides Chisaki doesn't exactly strike me as being the subservient type either. I doubt if he would take kindly to being ordered by Shigaraki.

The only way I see him possibly allying himself with Shigaraki if he demands to an equal partner with him rather than be one of his lackeys, followers or minions.
  • Chillman likes this

#32 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

Why the hell would Chisaki ever become one of Shigaraki's lackeys?
The dude likes being his own boss, being able to do his own thing.
Besides Chisaki doesn't exactly strike me as being the subservient type either. I doubt if he would take kindly to being ordered by Shigaraki.
The only way I see him possibly allying himself with Shigaraki if he demands to an equal partner with him rather than be one of his lackeys, followers or minions.

Where were you this arc? Obviusly Chisaki was a lackey during the previous yakuza boss, why wouldn't he admit that Shiragaki own his ass after the yakuza's get crushed? He could either admit Shiragaki as a much better leader then him or to get revenge from the heros.

A little comparaison to my boy Grimmjow, he worked under Aizen but, did he looked like the type of guy who would just follow orders? Hell no.

If Chisaki's eight percepts get taken down with this hero raid and he manage to escape, with nowhere to return, where do you think he would go?

#33 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

The previous boss was like a father to him though.
  • Raiden likes this

#34 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

The previous boss was like a father to him though.

We know that Shiragaki care for his teammates and that alone can make Chisaki see the old boss in Shiragaki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users