• Moderators
  • 12,613 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

March 26 - April 1: Episodes 1 - 4

April 2 - April 8: Episodes 5 - 8

April 9 - April 15: Episodes 9 - 12

I'm assuming we're going to keep the same nominations but if not @me in the META thread. I'll make a new thread for nominations after the first week assuming it is still going strong.

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

March 26 - April 1: Episodes 1 - 4

April 2 - April 8: Episodes 5 - 8

April 9 - April 15: Episodes 9 - 12

I'm assuming we're going to keep the same nominations but if not @me in the META thread. I'll make a new thread for nominations after the first week assuming it is still going strong.

I hope that we start some time during the day/afternoon, because I'm going out tomorrow night (Mainly to watch Power Rangers)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

oh, so by our made up schedule, the show is going to release every sunday, sounds fine
remember to use spoilers if you decide to talk about stuff not yet "aired"

Spoiler

time to light the signal fires  mE4NYRu.gif :banana: mE4NYRu.gif  65s38cX.gifYi3ZVwA.gif
@Kid Frost @Goddess Nike @Otaku-N. @Grimmjagger @Athos @Candles @ReZureXio @retroluffy13 @Fulmine @Peleihno @ArSoNiSt JoE @azer_moli @ShinmenTakezo @KittyGoesMeowMeow @Feanor @DaEvilWithin @Tom Ace @Acnologia @death2boredom @DarkusSlayer @kenkage @Sev @waleuska @Insane Soul @Ace1225 @Blue22 @secretzfan @Oben @Kaidou @FrostyMouse @Vl731 @Frozen_Flare @KUROkami @Tale @Relinquisher @thekindmoose @Gnag @beakedbard @LightBolt @tewwo @diezdragon

the first show chosen to be watched in chunks, "Mononoke", will be "airing" on sunday
see the first post for the schedule

Edited by Zeando, 26 March 2017 - 05:39 AM.

• retroluffy13, FrostyMouse and Tale like this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#4 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Lol and it the show with no dub :-P

Anyway sweet

#5 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

Well, let's see if I can blaze through Ayakashi beforehand. No it's not necessary, yes I want to see these "horror stories".

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#6 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,427 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

So we just watch it on our own then discuss or we did the same thing as last time where DEW made some group on that website and we watched at the same time? The latter is hard since everyone's schedule is different.

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#7 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

So we just watch it on our own then discuss or we did the same thing as last time where DEW made some group on that website and we watched at the same time? The latter is hard since everyone's schedule is different.

You do your own dirty work

• Tale likes this

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#8 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

Well, it was my second choice anyway, first time watching this btw.

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#9 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,164 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

Oh, right, thanks for the reminder.  I'll go and watch the episodes tonight or tomorrow.

ilhd1c.jpg

#10 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:11 AM

and that was how everyone was left speechless :lolxg:

was it that amazing, or disturbing ?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#11 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:52 PM

and that was how everyone was left speechless :lolxg:

was it that amazing, or disturbing ?

I've just watched episode one so far and it was certainly interesting. I'll get through 2-4 by Friday and post my thoughts.

I'm currently trying to finish all of my series from the winter season...if anything has me speechless it's Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu as it's not just the the best anime of the season but the best I've watched in a long time.

• Tokoya, Candles and Kid Frost like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#12 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

I watched episode one too, but couldn't understand anything from it, the medecine seller what is that guy? 

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#13 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

:lolxg:  give it an other try, this show uses the rough way for traditional japanese folklore, it doesn't explain anything, you've to discover and figure out things as you watch it

"the medicine seller what is that guy?"

what do you mean for what he is? if he's human or not? or just what kind of work he's doing?

oh, the first episode covers only the introduction to the first story, and also a general introduction of what the medicine seller does, and what he needs to exorcize the mononoke

Edited by Zeando, 30 March 2017 - 02:14 PM.

• Grimmjagger likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#14 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

I watched the first four ep and i have to say at first it was a bit too "odd" but now i am starting to want to watch more and more!

I'll have more to say after the next four, but so far it's looking good. 

#15 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:43 AM

I watched the first four ep and i have to say at first it was a bit too "odd" but now i am starting to want to watch more and more!

which parts of it were too odd at first?  (i know i had the same impression at first, but what did you notice personally?)

what did you start to like about it instead?

(i know i'm asking too much, but this was supposed to be a discussion.......)

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#16 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,613 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

Only got through the first three episodes but it's definitely too artsy for me to want to marathon.
  • Grimmjagger likes this

#17 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

which parts of it were too odd at first?  (i know i had the same impression at first, but what did you notice personally?)

what did you start to like about it instead?

(i know i'm asking too much, but this was supposed to be a discussion.......)

As DEW said. It's a bit too against the norm.

It's a bit like the Monogatari series but with a very "unique" art direction and less relatable characters. Now that i finished the 4th ep, the style is less noticeable/jarring.

#18 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

so, how many have finished the first 2 episodes?

what did you think about the first story? did anything stand out to you?
what you didn't understand? (guess this should be the first question to be asked)

when i watched this the first time i was weirded out by the way to talk of the characters, expecially the medicine seller, and also the facial expressions of all the others characters looked weird, but by the end of episode 1 i got use to that
i liked all the references to the typical spirit exorcism, like the use of paper tags, and what looked the most interesting was the requirement of having to find out the 3 states of the mononoke to kill it

the story of the woman was also interesting, having the first story being centered around abortion was a really strange choice, never saw an other show start like that before
there was no introduction (well the first episode was sort of an introduction)  the story just went directly to the point

what i still don't get is why at the end the woman decided to side with the mononoke, she should have known it wasn't really her child
the ending was surprisingly positive, with the woman keeping her baby after the mononoke was killed, given everything which happened before

it's advised to keep watching past the ending credits, there are often some little shorts which complete the stories

Only got through the first three episodes but it's definitely too artsy for me to want to marathon.

that's also why this is split into only 4 episodes for each week.. the whole point is to don't marathon this
(really hope some of you guys aren't waiting the last week to marathon this, cause that would make no sense in this setting)

or are you saying, this show has so much content to talk about, that 2 episodes each week would be better?

@Tom Ace maybe i was used to shows like the monogatari serie, so i got used to this pretty fast
episode 3 and 4 had been a bit hard to watch since the story seemed to move a bit slower

Edited by Zeando, 03 April 2017 - 12:56 PM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#19 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,811 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

just stopping in to say idk if ill actually have time for this... going through some personal life changes and whatnot.  you know.  getting in shape.  strategizing about my art.  trying to get out in society more.  so yeah, its not the group, its me.

Edited by retroluffy13, 03 April 2017 - 01:02 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#20 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

Soommebody would hate 

Gankatsou the count of Monte Cristo :-D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users