#1 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,721 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

http://pierrot.jp/yuhaku25/

Turns out there's going to be a 25 year anniversary reboot of the anime. Think HunterxHunter reboot I guess. 

Guys, I want this, but I'm scared to want it. I loved the old school look of the anime, but I loved the FMA and HxH reboots.

• Fulmine, Raiden, retroluffy13 and 6 others like this

#2 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

nice, childhood memories here they come

hoping this image to be more relevant to the final character designs which will be used, than that other one at the top of the pierrot site page
yuhaku_m_img01.jpg

Yuusuke is on point at least, Kurama still looks derpy

in this one Yuusuke and Kurama's faces feel wrong

Spoiler

Guys, I want this, but I'm scared to want it. I loved the old school look of the anime, but I loved the FMA and HxH reboots.

the old version isn't going anywhere :shrug:

• Red Opus likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#3 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,343 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

God Yes.

• Red Opus likes this

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#4 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Turns out there's going to be a 25 year anniversary reboot of the anime. Think HunterxHunter reboot I guess.

I hear you but we need this..we deserve this shit. And the FMA roobot was f**ing amazing I never got into HxH but I always hear amazing things. This could be FMA level good so I pray to god they don't mess this up
  • Chillman likes this

#5 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,721 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

the old version isn't going anywhere

I never said it wasn't?

#6 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Any word on a release date ?

#7 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,721 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

Can't read Japanese so no.

#8 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

so what were you scared about? :u to have the old memories being ruined by bad art or direction?

about the release date, google translate said this

Weekly (Monday) - (Friday) 18: 30-19: 00 broadcast from Tuesday, April 7th at Cibatelle

https://translate.go...u25/&edit-text=

april 7 sounds too soon :/

maybe on april there is only a preview

• KUROkami likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#9 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,346 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

There's no confirmation on whether or not it's a reboot but from what I heard last night, they're just going to rebroadcast the old anime

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#10 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

There's no confirmation on whether or not it's a reboot but from what I heard last night, they're just going to rebroadcast the old anime

:lolxg: memories are saved, but hope there will really be a reboot though

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#11 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

Oh ok then.

#12 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,166 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Oh, that is a bit disppointing. I loved the original manga and anime, but I would be completely fine with a new reboot anime of the series. Since it would mean I get to rewatch it. Also maybe if there was a reboot of the anime they could add a bit more to the final arc. I think by that point the author kind of lost interest in the series and wanted to move on so he rushed it.

• KUROkami likes this

#13 Satoshi

Satoshi

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationBerk

User's Awards

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

This would be awesome!! In a way, I hope it's a reboot because the anime totally skipped over some scenes from the manga that I'd wanted to see (like Yusuke returning once a month--right?--to his body even though he was still dead and saving Keiko from those thugs even though he couldn't let her see that it was him). I would also like to see a better ending to the anime. Why did they not create episodes for that final arc of the manga? 

I mean, the anime was great as is (the dub voices fit so well with the characters!), but it could definitely use some improvement...and I would be all for a reboot anime.

HTTYD2Satoshi_zpse95b34d5.jpg

"What d'ya think, Bud? You wanna give this a shot?"

"Toothless...it'll be fine."

Wanna know more about me? Come check out my Question Time thread! 

Spoiler Fun SoT Conversations...and Probably More Eventually

Current sig image made by: ME

#14 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

25 years anniversary...

So we are getting Bleach in 2026 :Hype: :notreally: :feelsbadman:

#15 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • Locationon the edge of insaninty

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

I don't suppose it's to much to hope for a digital remaster of the series is it? Kinda like what they did with Gundam Seed/Destiny.

Because I'd be curious to see this series with improved animation and sound effects. 

#16 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

I don't suppose it's to much to hope for a digital remaster of the series is it? Kinda like what they did with Gundam Seed/Destiny.

Because I'd be curious to see this series with improved animation and sound effects.

Why? It's the same story same ending

#17 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

^see the other cases of reboots, it's just to have an upgraded art and soutracks

you know, with all those people complaining about old shows having "bad animation" (while ignoring the decade in which they were made), rebooting may have an appeal to some

but generally even for who doesn't nitpicks at animation, it's still nice to see a favorite serie getting all polished up

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#18 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • Locationon the edge of insaninty

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

Why? It's the same story same ending

The same can be said about seed/destiny yet it not only got a digital remaster but added footage. What's the difference between them other than one is a sacred cash cow franchise and the other isn't?

#19 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:34 PM

Honestly i'd be satisfied if they just did a marathon of the entire series on cartoon network or something lol

• Satoshi, Doan, KUROkami and 1 other like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#20 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Because I'd be curious to see this series with improved animation and sound effects. 

That would probably depend on what it was first made on. A lot of the Gundam remasters have come out amazing, same with the Outlaw Star Remaster.

though it looks like there may have been a blu-ray/hd/remastered version released already.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users