Photo

Yu Yu Hakusho

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

You may have a point VI731.

It just seems to me that if they're going through the effort of doing a 25th anniversary reboot or whatever their should be some bells and whistles to the whole thing. :hai: 

#22 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

It's all going to depend on the powers that be.

Then it will depend on who ever has the rights where you may live. I'm sure in the Us Funimation will try to get it and roll it out if anything big does happen.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#23 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

That would probably depend on what it was first made on. A lot of the Gundam remasters have come out amazing, same with the Outlaw Star Remaster.

though it looks like there may have been a blu-ray/hd/remastered version released already.

Wait !?!?!? THERES AN OUTLAW STAR REMASTER !?!?

#24 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

It's all going to depend on the powers that be.

I know, I'm just geeking out a little at YuYu getting an anniversary special of some kind. :choc:  :ohyes:

#25 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

Wait !?!?!? THERES AN OUTLAW STAR REMASTER !?!?

And it looks like Funimation may be releasing it June-July

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#26 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

Honestly i'd be satisfied if they just did a marathon of the entire series on cartoon network or something lol

cartoon network? the site is japanese, the publisher presumably sponsoring the event is a japanese publisher, where did you get cartoon network from? :huh:

they may very well just rebroadcast the whole serie, but it won't be on any channel outside of japanese ones for this event

@Vl731
remaster and reboot are two entirely different things

this a case of reboot
https://myanimelist....Hunter_x_Hunter
https://myanimelist....r_x_Hunter_2011
= remaking the whole serie from zero

the hopes here were for a reboot

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#27 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:47 AM

@Vl731
remaster and reboot are two entirely different things

this a case of reboot
https://myanimelist....Hunter_x_Hunter
https://myanimelist....r_x_Hunter_2011
= remaking the whole serie from zero

I know the difference. I was responding to some posts about a remaster being done to celebrate the 25th anniversary. So I really don't see why you felt the need to try and tell me the differences between Reboot and Remaster. Curious as to why you didn't go with another big reboot, Sailor Moon. Preference I guess.

Either way, remaster is probably the best you will get. Some probably don't want a Reboot of the series, considering how slow the manga version of YYH was compared to the anime version. YYH doesn't really need a Reboot like Hunter x Hunter did. Or Like Berserk could have benefited from. Some would probably feel Bleach/Naruto/One Piece could probably use a reboot, or at least the DBZ Kai treatment and remove all the filler.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#28 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:55 AM

i thought the talk was about having a reboot for the anniversary, not a remaster

mmm, trowa used "remaster" as word, i was still assuming we were talking about reboots, my bad

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#29 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:47 AM

cartoon network? the site is japanese, the publisher presumably sponsoring the event is a japanese publisher, where did you get cartoon network from? :huh:

they may very well just rebroadcast the whole serie, but it won't be on any channel outside of japanese ones for this event

...because the show originally aired on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and i'd be fine with Cartoon Network simply being allowed to do that again as a part of a special anniversary type event.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#30 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

...because the show originally aired on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and i'd be fine with Cartoon Network simply being allowed to do that again as a part of a special anniversary type event.

Probably not the current Cartoon Network, seeing how it is full of crappy 15 minute kiddy shows. That and CN doesn't care about action or anime any more.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#31 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:03 AM

Probably not the current Cartoon Network, seeing how it is full of crappy 15 minute kiddy shows. That and CN doesn't care about action or anime any more.

Sad to say you're right. Cartoon Network's a shadow of its former self. Truly this is the darkest age. 

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha