Photo

Re:Creators (Spring 2017 Clubhouse Anime #3)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

oa3ak0.jpg

Plot Summary
Humans have created many stories. Joy, sadness, anger, deep emotion. Stories shake our emotions, and fascinate us. However, these are only the thoughts of bystanders. But what if the characters in the story have "intentions"? To them, are we god-like existences for bringing their story into the world? Our world is changed. Mete out punishment upon the realm of the gods. In Re:CREATORS, everyone becomes a Creator.

Studio: TROYCA
Genre: Action
Source: Original
Episodes: 22

Edited by Goddess Nike, 05 April 2017 - 08:40 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

Amazon jumped the gun and brought out the episode before the Japanese broadcast lol, so the episode is out now (And I liked it A LOT)

https://www.masteran...12-recreators/1

https://www.nyaa.se/...view&tid=915120

Spoiler My full thoughts

Edited by Tokoya, 09 April 2017 - 08:52 AM.

• Kid Frost likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:30 AM

@Tokoya
That first link isn't to this series but to Shingeki no Bahumut Virgin Soul.

Anyway this was a pretty good first episode with some decent humor and impressive action sequences. I also find the concept of the show interesting so I'm eager to see where they take this.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

@Tokoya
That first link isn't to this series but to Shingeki no Bahumut Virgin Soul.

Anyway this was a pretty good first episode with some decent humor and impressive action sequences. I also find the concept of the show interesting so I'm eager to see where they take this.

Lol, my mistake, I'll correct the problem right now

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

I've been falling off big time this weekend (Big holiday stuff where I'm from)

Spoiler Episode 2

Edited by Tokoya, 17 April 2017 - 10:35 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Spoiler Episode 3

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

Spoiler Episode 4

Edited by Tokoya, 01 May 2017 - 12:32 PM.

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

I think plenty of anime have interesting premises but execute them terribly however Re: Creators is handling itself pretty well so far and is one of the better non sequel series this season.

If the Military Uniform Princess is a fictional character like the rest then they should be able to find out who she is and what title she is by searching on the internet; they already know her code-name and appearance but most importantly I think the fact that she has a pretty unique weapon means that they could probably just google "Holopsicon" and see what comes up.

This seems especially true since the requirement for crossing over into the real world is having a big cultural impact meaning she should be well known and popular character so there must be something else going on with her if neither Sota nor anybody else in the real world is familiar with her.

The main theory seems to be that she's a character that will be created by Sota in the future but that doesn't fully add up to me even if it somewhat makes sense.  

• Tokoya likes this

2h7297a.jpg

#9 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

I've been falling off with posting here but this series is probably my favorite of the season besides Hero Academia

The pacing is perfect imo, they're properly developing the characters, the interactions are great and the way they're handling the story and mechanics shows that they really put a lot of thought into this series and it really shows with each episode and how things progress

The visuals, action and music are great (Obviously) but it's the above things that really has me hooked on this series......I'm VERY happy that it's 2 cour 

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#10 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

Yeah this show is hitting the right notes for me, I'm glad that the government was both competent and reasonable and that Sota finally looked up the Military Princess online (even though I'm not 100% sure what it is that he found out).

2h7297a.jpg

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:43 AM

Spoiler Episode 6

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

The new girl is freaky but I like her, what I didn't like was Sota keeping whatever he knows about the Military Princess a secret. I hope he has a good reason for it.

One thing I thought about while watching these different characters fight is that somewhere in the Re: Creators world is their equivalent of our Screw Attack / Death Battle where people online debate match ups of fictional characters and here these characters are fighting in their "real" world.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#13 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

Spoiler Episode 7

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#14 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Ethics? What are those!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,469 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

I am up to Episode 5, I will catch up by tomorrow (waiting a friend to watch it with me).

You know, the show has been slow, but I just like the premise, and dear god the animation is so GOOD.

Hopefully the show delivers more as the climax starts to approach, the exposition has been decent so far, don't get me wrong (Meteora such a qt btw), I just need PLOT.

Watching this with a Danganronpa friend has been hilarious though, every 2 episodes we are like

"Dude, can you imagine Kodaka in this?"

"YOU MEAN YOU CREATED ME JUST TO KILL ME!?"

"HAGAKURE DON'T HURT ME"

#15 Candles

Candles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationJamaica Estates

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

I love how everybody immediately decided to GTFO as soon as the giant mecha joined the fight :lol:

• Tokoya likes this

#16 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

I just need PLOT.

Yeah there was quite a bit of exposition early on but I think the pacing was that way because it's 2 cour and five episodes into a 22-24 episode series is a different place than if it were only 12 episodes, (also I've noticed we have quite a few 2 cour shows this season mostly all from Amazon), if you're caught up to the latest episode now you'll see things appear to be headed in a certain direction now that all the main players are finally introduced. Though I can't predict exactly what since I feel there's piece of the puzzle still missing.

Watching this with a Danganronpa friend has been hilarious though, every 2 episodes we are like

"Dude, can you imagine Kodaka in this?"

"YOU MEAN YOU CREATED ME JUST TO KILL ME!?"

"HAGAKURE DON'T HURT ME"

Given the parameters for a creation to crossover into the real world I think Junko would be the likely one to crossover though I'm sure she'd love the way things played out in her universe.

I think Yuto would probably be the creation with the biggest beef with Kodaka. He figured out all the mysteries of Hope's Peak and would've prevented the tragedy that ended the world but was killed before he could reveal what he knew. For someone that only ever wanted to be noticed by others he would've been the hero of the Danganronpa universe but instead died a completely pointless death by someone using his own talent against him...The Warriors of Hope probably wouldn't be big fans of their creator either.

I love how everybody immediately decided to GTFO as soon as the giant mecha joined the fight :lol:

Yeah I found that hilarious too though my son was disappointed that Rui didn't get to do anything since he likes mechas.

• Tokoya and Insane Soul like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#17 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Ethics? What are those!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,469 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

Oh, it is 2 cour?

That makes so much sense then, I thought the exposition so far was for a 12 ep anime, leaving only half for the plot to actually move in.

Either Komaeda or Junko, and frankly speaking only Junko would be happy with Kodaka.

Edited by Insane Soul, 24 May 2017 - 10:46 AM.

• Kid Frost likes this

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

my son was disappointed that Rui didn't get to do anything since he likes mechas.
Your son is the real MVP
  • Kid Frost likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,427 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

Found time to watch this yesterday.

Heh, a reverse of isekai genre. You'd think that should have been done plenty of time but obviously a new world is always better for the minds that want to escape this world and explore something else, haha. Off the top of my head I can't remember any work with the same setting, surprisingly...Now if they do 3-level like Inception (a dream within a dream within a dream) LOL

The studio is the main reason I watched this though. TROYCA is one of my favorite new studios. This is only their 3rd show and I love the production of the previous two (certainly not KyoAni or ufotable level but quite up there like A-1 Pictures) as well as the story and characters of Sakurako. Wonder if they earn back all the money :unsure:. The director is also the guy behind Fate and 2 Kara no Kyoukai films and those owe a lot to the power of Nasuverse so it's fresh and curious to see him work on an original work (he may have done one before but I didn't watch any other work form him so...).

I like it. The action is good, the art is, too, and the pace feels right for 2-cour. Nothing special so far though. If there won't be plot twist or awesome revelation then I think, based on 8 episodes, this show is the type that would rely on execution and character development. Quite a tall order there.

I dislike the main character. Purely subjective of course since I prefer genre-savvy and smart ones in shows like this. Well, Sota can be both but his personality is too passive and shy (?) and he participates little in the course of things up to this point. It will be good if he changes but would be even better if he's like that from the start. There are several ways to make a genre-savvy and smart guys flawed if you need room for change.

Also I find the design of The Created pretty meh. Quite generic actually. And their powers...I guess keep it simple and invest in choreography is a choice.

Damn mecha, nuff said. But apparently it's impressive enough for Alice-chan who fought huge dragon-like creature to run away immediately :lolxg:

Blitz Talker? What's with that name? :xD:  Maybe it's Toker or something?

Female homage to Solf J. Kimblee? :cry: I want to know her power. She makes lie/deception into reality? And infinite? Or her lie/deception induces certain effect in reality? There seems to be a middle step/condition for that to work otherwise she could do anything. She did say thanks to the bookshop's owner for falling for her lie so I venture it needs a reaction from the listener but what is it? That the owner has to believe it? How does that explain creating that thing that killed the owner or the ability to hang someone or that she is confident she can fight h2h combat if Alice won't believe what she said? Or that is part of the lie?

One solution for this anime's situation is kinda like vegetarian/vegan not eating meat, eggs, dairy products etc., just stop making fictional world now that you know your characters can be real :wacko: but that's...sad...especially for the audience of the industry. Maybe music is the best medium after all hahaha.

Does anyone actually stop eating meat and all after reading Doubutsu no Kuni, Tokyo Ghoul or HxH's Chimera Ants arc? :lol:

• Tokoya likes this

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#20 Candles

Candles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationJamaica Estates

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

Even before the death flags raised in this episode I had a feeling that Mamika would die due to the opening; there are few creations that are completely gray while the rest are in full color and it was in my mind that the former represented creations that would die on the show. It's too early to tell now if it's true but the possibility seems higher now, which is a shame because Mamika is one of my favorites on this show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users