#1 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

We already have threads for the popular sequels like Attack on Titan S2, Boruto, and My Hero Academia S2, as well as our seasonal clubhouse picks but for other shows airing this season that might not generate enough discussion to warrant a thread of their own I figured we could discuss them here...

Of such shows so far I've seen the premieres of...

Suka Suka
Alice & Zoroku
Sakura Quest
Renai Boukun
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul
Eromanga Sensei
Saekano
Grimiore of Zero
Anonymous Noise

Virgin Soul has been the most interesting so far but I'll have to drop it for now as I haven't seen the previous season and I feel like it would be a good idea to watch that first but I don't have the time atm. Suka Suka seems like it has potential both as a good story and a tearjerker.

Eromanga Sensei was easily the worst of those; I'm not that bothered by the idea of incest (I'm a major fan of Greek mythology after all) but I'm not drawn to it either and the show offers me nothing else that would make it worth watching. I'd be interested if it explores the light novel industry the way New Game, Girlish Number, and Shirobako did with the video game, voice acting, and anime industry respectively but I'm not sure if that will be the focus.

I'll add more once I've caught up with the second episodes for each of these series but I've already read the mangas for Renai Boukun and Anonymous Noise so I know what to expect with those.

Edited by Goddess Nike, 18 April 2017 - 09:55 PM.

• Tokoya and Kid Frost like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

For all the good it had, there was a big problem with the first season of Shingeki no Bahamut. It was such a big problem, in fact, that the show got immediately awesome by surgically removing any trace of it from the second season.

With that said... I'm still kind of waiting for it. Who knows, maybe it... might actually be kind of cool. 

samisig.jpg

#3 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:38 AM

My watching list is as follows:

d346f6356ff34d2eadb22b18e84327fe.png
3b400162c2854fc8bbb195ef3d731808.png

I can't really pick one series as being the best but imo apart from Clockwork Planet, everything had okay or good first episodes (With the vast majority being good imo)

Eromanga Sensei was easily the worst of those; I'm not that bothered by the idea of incest (I'm a major fan of Greek mythology after all) but I'm not drawn to it either and the show offers me nothing else that would make it worth watching. I'd be interested if it explores the light novel industry the way New Game, Girlish Number, and Shirobako did with the video game, voice acting, and anime industry respectively but I'm not sure if that will be the focus.

I disagree, this and Renai Boukun are by far the funniest series of this season......As of right now they haven't tried to have any "romance" between Sagiri (She is too precious) and her brother but even then, they're not even related xD But man, episode 2 was so funny with the introduction of 2 new characters and as of right now, I think that they'll touch on the LN industry but probably not in the way you're expecting since you brought up Shirobako

For all the good it had, there was a big problem with the first season of Shingeki no Bahamut. It was such a big problem, in fact, that the show got immediately awesome by surgically removing any trace of it from the second season.

You better not be talking about best boy :hmm:

Edited by Tokoya, 19 April 2017 - 01:06 AM.

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#4 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,594 posts
  • LocationTriggering a particular little man.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

watching Renai bokun with some friends so far.

Not exactly groundbreaking but the animation is hilarious, excluding the incest Sister I like the cast so far.

• Tokoya and Goddess Nike like this

#5 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Grimiore of Zero
The chemistry between Zero and Mercenary is the best aspect of this series, that said I'm not sold on Albus as of now so I hope he brings something to the table soon that justifies his existence. The world-building and plot while solid are nothing groundbreaking but as long as the main leads continue to play off each other so well I'll keep being entertained.   

Anonymous Noise
The second episode jumped back to chapter one as I predicted and I think I prefer to order that the anime went with. Not much else to say since it covered events I'd already seen without taking away or adding anything. I guess getting to hear the characters is a blessing and a curse for this show, while actually hearing the music made episode one an improvement over the manga being subjected to "twinkle twinkle little star" a half dozen times was almost more than I could take. I didn't stick with the manga long enough to favor one pairing over the other so my opinion on those will develop as this show goes along.

Akashic Records
I was ready to drop this after that garbage first episode but these last two have improved my impression enough that I'll keep my eye on this. As comedy I didn't expect this to get as graphicly violent as it did but I welcome it. Glenn is a decent enough character assuming he stays the way he was in episodes two and three as opposed to the first one.

Renai Boukun
Episode two really didn't do the chapters they adapted justice which was mostly the result of trying to cram too many chapters into one episode and cutting out or changing a lot of content. Humor is partly about timing and jokes can come off forced if they aren't given the right set up or are otherwise rushed.

This goes for other aspects as well such as the kiss between Guri and Seiji; in the manga it follows an earlier kiss that she uses to distract him while she steals his ice cream and because she shows no reaction to the kiss again he starts to wonder if she even has any feelings for him at all of if it's just fun and games to her. So when she kisses him the second time a little bit later after he gets beaten by that mob of women it's a confirmation for both him and the audience that she does have some budding feelings for him to not at the level of Akane at this early stage. Another thing cut was Akua's flashback but since she's not a main character it probably doesn't matter as much but the manga establishes that everything from her short hair, desire to get stronger, and general tomboy like behavior was part of her plan to appeal to her brother's tastes since he stated his preferences when they were younger. It won't effect much now but if this rushed paced keeps up it could ruin things down the line.

Eromanga Sensei
Episode three was the best one so far but now that I've read about twenty chapters of the manga and know what's coming I'm dropping this, it's just not my type of series.

Saekano
I really liked how despite their rivalry and constant bickering Utaha and Eri have a mutual respect and admiration of each other's talents, that autograph scene was seriously awesome. The following episode was good too, Megumi is as savage as ever with her direct matter of fact manner of speaking and Utaha looks likes shes taking this relationship thing seriously and is going to force Tomoya to make some hard choices about what or who he wants. Seeing the ED reminded me that I really don't remember the details of the first season too well but I'm enjoying this all the same.

Virgin Soul
I'm still watching this as I try to catch up with the first season so I'm probably missing some finer details but I'm enjoying this more so far. It probably helps that Nina is one of my favorite characters of this season so far.

• Candles and Kid Frost like this

2h7297a.jpg

#6 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:45 AM

Grimiore of Zero 
I have only seen Episode one and still watching this.I love the way Zero talks,full of humor and Tsundere.The conversations between Zero and Mercenary is the most anticipated. 

Eromanga Sensei
Love Izumi Sagiri very much and when she is another person during live.I love girl with silver hair,Zero and Sagiri are all with silver hair.And BTW,I also got a 2 way tricot Sagiri Dakimakura in coosfly. I can hug her to watch Eromanga Sensei now:) how happy

Virgin Soul
To be honest,I don't really like Nina so I dropped this.

#7 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,594 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

So I started Ero manga with a friend, so far in ep1 and the thoughts of 'POLICEPOLICEPOLICE' were present in most of it lol.

The plot is kind of dumb/simple but the animation budget and overall art is why I will keep watching it, pretty good (the Sakura trees in the intro were really amazing).

But I see @Goddess Nike post and now I fear for my safety.

#8 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

I wasn't expecting anything from it, but Uchouten Kazoku S2 is turning out pretty great. I feel rewarded for sticking to it.

Also, both Shingeki no Kyojin and Shingeki no Bahamut got a laugh out loud moment for me this week. It makes me think I should be following more stuff.

samisig.jpg

#9 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,594 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

I pretended I didn't start Eromanga after I was told who the author was.

By the way, have someone started Re Creators? how is it? 

#10 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

I pretended I didn't start Eromanga after I was told who the author was.

Check out the thread I made and you shall see :)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#11 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

Virgin Soul
Was it just me or did this feel like a completely different show this week? Not that I disliked this episode but it was a bit weird in tone.

Saekano and Renai Boukun both had solid episodes but I have to catch up on everything else, in particular I'm way behind on Sakura Quest.

Other than the major sequel anime (Boku no Hero Academia and Attack on Titan) it's probably my favorite thing airing this season so far, I won't say anything beyond that if you still haven't started it yet.

I made the thread though :P

• Insane Soul likes this

2h7297a.jpg

#12 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:00 PM

Virgin Soul
Was it just me or did this feel like a completely different show this week? Not that I disliked this episode but it was a bit weird in tone.

Saekano and Renai Boukun both had solid episodes but I have to catch up on everything else, in particular I'm way behind on Sakura Quest.

Other than the major sequel anime (Boku no Hero Academia and Attack on Titan) it's probably my favorite thing airing this season so far, I won't say anything beyond that if you still haven't started it yet.

I made the thread though :P

Well shit lol....I made the other 2 then? XD

Edited by Tokoya, 17 May 2017 - 07:00 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#13 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,594 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:44 AM

I don't like to check threads like that because I can get spoiled :c

Oh nice, what is the prequel called?

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

Apart from the 2 cour shows, pretty much everything I'm watching has ended (Except Sin Nanatsu no Taizai but that's just a guilty pleasure) so I'll do my seasonal roundup here as suggested by GN

Spoiler Attack on Titan S2

Spoiler Eromanga -Sensei

Spoiler Zero Kara *Insert the rest of the long ass name here*

Spoiler Akashic Records

Spoiler Warau Salesman

Spoiler Fukumenkei Noise

Spoiler SukaSuka

Spoiler Armed Girls

Spoiler Boruto

Spoiler Hero Academia S2

Spoiler Sword Oratoria

Spoiler Sakura Quest

Spoiler Renai Boukun

Spoiler Clockwork Planet

Spoiler Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni

Spoiler Sin Nanatsu no Taizai

Spoiler Kado

Spoiler Little Witch Academia

Spoiler Berserk S2

Spoiler Shingeki no Bahamut S2

Spoiler Alice to Zoroku

Spoiler Tsugumomo

Spoiler Saekano S2

Spoiler Tsuki ga Kirei

Spoiler The Eccentric Family 2

Spoiler Sekai no Yami

Spoiler Kabukiku

Spoiler Gin no Guardian

Spoiler Kyoukai no Rinne S3

Spoiler Sakurada/Sagrada Reset

Spoiler The Kings Avatar

Spoiler Atom The Beginning

Spoiler Granblue Fantasy

And last but not least, excluding sequels, my AOTS is without a second thought, our Clubhouse anime of Re:Creators.....I've gushed about this series tons of times in thats specific series thread so if you wanna see why, check it out lol but so far its a solid 9.5/10 for me and I am STOKED for the second half

And even though it started really late into the season, Yugioh Vrains has been nice so far and I REALLY like the MC and the other two main characters

Edited by Tokoya, 30 June 2017 - 11:53 PM.

• Goddess Nike and Kid Frost like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

1. What anime did you watch this season?

Boku no Hero Academia
Attack on Titan
Boruto
Sakurada Reset
Little Witch Academia
Eromanga Sensei
Grimoire of Zero
Armed Girls Machiavellism
Suka Suka
Tsuki ga Kirei
Renai Boukun
Saekano
Akashic Records
Sakura Quest
Re:Creators

2. Which show was most underrated?

Tsuki ga Kirei...I can see why some people might not like this with it's slow pace and relatively chaste romance but I found it sweet, charming, and pretty realistic given the age and personalities of the main characters. 

3. Favorite characters of the season?

Todoroki (BnHA)
Midoriya (BnHA)
Glenn (Akashic Records)
Nina (Bahamut: Virgin Soul)
Diana (Little Witch Academia)
Chariot (Little Witch Academia)
Zero (Grimoire of Zero)
Mercenary (Grimoire of Zero)
Yuuya (Re:Creators)

4. OTP's of the season? (Whether canon or not)

Akane x Kotaro (Tsuki ga Kirei)

Diana x Akko (Little Witch Academia)
Zero x Mercenary (Grimoire of Zero)
Elf x Masamune (Eromanga-Sensei)
Nomura x Amou (Armed Girls)
Akane x Seji x Guri x Yuzu (Renai Boukun)
Aki x Eri (Saekano)
Chtholly x Willem (Suka Suka)
Yuuya x Magane (Re: Creators)
Midoriya x Uraraka (Boku no Hero Academia)

5. Anime most in need of a sequel? (If one isn't already in the works)

Akashic Records...other shows I would pick are either still on going or already have a sequel announced.

6. Anime with the best animation?

7. Best Opening? Best Ending?

Opening = Boku no Hero Academia and Boruto ; Ending = Sakura Quest and Virgin Soul

8. How does this season compare to Spring 2016 for you?

Slightly better overall... BnHA S2, Attack on Titan, Tsuki, and Re: Creators can easily match my favorites from last year (BnHA S1, Assassination Classroom, Flying Witch, and Re: Zero) but the other series from this year give it the edge over last Spring.

9. Anime of the Season?

Re: Creators if I'm including the ongoing series, but if not then it goes to Tsuki ga Kirei.

10. Feel free to review or given opinion on each series (or not)...

I'll do a review after I've finished every series, I still have a few I've yet to finish for this season.

Edited by Kid Frost, 05 July 2017 - 06:05 PM.

• Tokoya and Goddess Nike like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#16 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

Akane x Kotaro (Tsuki ga Kirei)
Diana x Akko (Little Witch Academia)
Zero x Mercenary (Grimoire of Zero)
Elf x Masamune (Eromanga-Sensei)
Nomura x Amou (Armed Girls)
Akane x Seji x Guri x Yuzu (Renai Boukun)
Aki x Eri (Saekano)
Chtholly x Willem (Suka Suka)
Yuuya x Magane (Re: Creators)
Midoriya x Uraraka (Boku no Hero Academia)

I can mostly agree with the others but I feel like the bolded requires an explanation...especially that last one :lol:

2h7297a.jpg

#17 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

I can mostly agree with the others but I feel like the bolded requires an explanation...especially that last one :lol:

You're right, Diana is too good for everyone in that series

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users