Photo

Are Corperations looking to end the world?(or at least, the us)?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#21 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

Nah regular nurses get nice dollars but CNA's? they're making like 12 unfortunately actually 11 something in florida.

again, red opus is no economics buff, but that doesn't sound right. the minimum wage (i think) is around 7something to 8. We want to almost double that....and only a few minor budget changes can absorb it.........I don't buy that imma have to do some numbers, doesn't sound right

theres also the fact that: the more money people have, the more they save. the more they save, the more money the banks have to lend people, the more buisnesses get started, the more products we have, increasing our economy by flooding it with new assets.

at least that's what I found reasearching becauas your proposal intruiged me and I had never thought about it like that.

Edited by retroluffy13, 30 April 2017 - 11:58 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#22 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

theres also the fact that: the more money people have, the more they save. the more they save, the more money the banks have to lend people, the more buisnesses get started, the more products we have, increasing our economy by flooding it with new assets.at least that's what I found reasearching becauas your proposal intruiged me and I had never thought about it like that.

Oh which proposal I kinda lost track after I fell asleep.

#23 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

Oh which proposal I kinda lost track after I fell asleep.

raising the minimum wage.

see the problem with A LOT of corperate money is that they like to put that money in off shore bank accounts, so that money cant be loaned out for the populace to use here in the us. by giving more to the common worker, we put it in our own bank accounts, our credit unions, ect, and THAT money can then be lent out at lower rates for expanding/starting buisnesses because we have more collateral backing it.

at least that's how I interpret the thought

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#24 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

apparently I read the information all wrong.  the figure included board and additional fes like text boks and shit.  also I know have better stitistics about last years amount of 2 year students vs 4 year students.

so OVERALL INCLUDING PRIVATE NON PROFIT AND PRIVATE FOR PROFITE INSTITUTIONS HERES THE NUMBER.

7.3 million attended 2 year degree colleges while 13.3 attended four year colleges.  because I cant find the number of people who would be attending the private achools over regular shools, ill just include them in here as well for consideration sonsidering we'd see a massive swing in the stitistics anyways.

so 7.3 attend 2 year institutions which overall charge around 9586 per year room text books and fees included, this number is 69,019,200,000.  13.3 million will attend 4 year universities at a cost of 18910 on average, so the number is 251,503,000,000

overall assuming everyone attended free public college, the number is 320,522,200,000

conclusion:  by not paying for private institutions, the overall bill AT MAXIMUM, YEARLY, would be 320,522,200,000

this of course doesn't take into account the amount of students who choose a cheaper option and then later transfer to four year universities for whatever reason.

Edited by retroluffy13, 01 May 2017 - 05:54 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#25 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

now for arguments sake, we wanted to send people to they're college of choice and we didn't even negotiate the terms of pay for these institutions

for 2 year private institutions it would be:  303,605 x 24,317 = 7,383,273,442

for 2 year public institutions, the number would be 6,184,229 x 9586 = 59,282,019,194

for 4 year public institutions, it would be 6,837,229 x 18910 = 129,299,110,550

for 4 year private institutions, it would be 4,161,815 x 37990 = 158,107,351,850

not accounting for people who would attempt to transfer to a better, private college, the number would be 354,071,755,036

according to different sources.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#26 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

apparently I read the information all wrong.  the figure included board and additional fes like text boks and shit.  also I know have better stitistics about last years amount of 2 year students vs 4 year students.

so OVERALL INCLUDING PRIVATE NON PROFIT AND PRIVATE FOR PROFITE INSTITUTIONS HERES THE NUMBER.

7.3 million attended 2 year degree colleges while 13.3 attended four year colleges.  because I cant find the number of people who would be attending the private achools over regular shools, ill just include them in here as well for consideration sonsidering we'd see a massive swing in the stitistics anyways.

so 7.3 attend 2 year institutions which overall charge around 9586 per year room text books and fees included, this number is 69,019,200,000.  13.3 million will attend 4 year universities at a cost of 18910 on average, so the number is 251,503,000,000

overall assuming everyone attended free public college, the number is 320,522,200,000

conclusion:  by not paying for private institutions, the overall bill AT MAXIMUM, YEARLY, would be 320,522,200,000

this of course doesn't take into account the amount of students who choose a cheaper option and then later transfer to four year universities for whatever reason.

That's great if the # of people entering college stays at that fixed number. You have to take into account:

-Resources (can colleges take in that many students), Budget (With an increase in enrollments you'd have to spend more),

-Finishing rate ( I wish i could screen shot this chart i found, it's not very important but it bolsters the finishing rate - point https://nces.ed.gov/...px?tableid=8159 )

-Taxes.....

Free college isn't free...it's never been free

#27 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

That's great if the # of people entering college stays at that fixed number. You have to take into account:

-Resources (can colleges take in that many students), Budget (With an increase in enrollments you'd have to spend more),

-Finishing rate ( I wish i could screen shot this chart i found, it's not very important but it bolsters the finishing rate - point https://nces.ed.gov/...px?tableid=8159 )

-Taxes.....

Free college isn't free...it's never been free

to be fair, the government shouldn't pay for private institutions, so the real number would be 188511129744

accounting for people who might switch because of the free option as well as people who might get an education given the free opportunity, a good conservative budget might be 250 billion to 275 billion, and you could literally get that by cutting the military budget in half

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#28 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15603 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:11 AM

Corporations are made to make profits. So any path you give them to that, they'll take it. And frankly, giving them the level of access to government that they currently have, is it any wonder we are in the situation we are in? In a capitalist society, where the people actually exercise their vote, you vote at two places: voting booth and the cash register. Anything other than that is at best not as effective and at worst a waste of time.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 02 May 2017 - 10:11 AM.

• retroluffy13 likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#29 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

to be fair, the government shouldn't pay for private institutions, so the real number would be 188511129744

accounting for people who might switch because of the free option as well as people who might get an education given the free opportunity, a good conservative budget might be 250 billion to 275 billion, and you could literally get that by cutting the military budget in half

I have many reservations about cutting the military budget but ok

#30 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15603 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

I have many reservations about cutting the military budget but ok

Given that the military is also used as a source of welfare, I think all of us should give reducing its budget some more thought. Not to mention, the corporate welfare businesses are getting in an overwhelmingly capitalist society.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#31 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

I feel we should also open discussion about the fact that our us military operates on cult tendencies. its essentially a textbook cult run and enforced by the government.

taking care of tons of people is one thing.  brainwashing those people into new ideologies that suit they're agenda is another.

Edited by retroluffy13, 02 May 2017 - 06:39 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#32 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

1. the military isn't welfare, soldiers actually have to do stuff

2. You can call any group of people with a similar mindset a cult, doesn't mean its a cult

3. No one is brainwashed, they all have a choice, a lot of them don't actually agree with the wars they are signed up to fight

When it comes down to it, if there is an actual legitimate war, not big enough to require a draft, not so little that the US has to

mobilize a considerable amount of it's force. It is not you nor I whose bodies will form the wall of meat sacks and guns...but that strange cult...

#33 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15603 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

1. the military isn't welfare, soldiers actually have to do stuff

I didn't say the military is welfare. I said it's a source of welfare. For instance, bases in the US employ a lot of local folks and is a significant employer in certain regions. And you have issues like what happened with Boehner. When he tried to keep open a engine plant even though everyone else agreed it was a waste of money. Why? Because it produced jobs in that region. But the thing is those jobs are paid for by the taxpayer. So when a base or plant closes down, those people lose their jobs and have a hard time finding new ones, if at all.

Spoiler

#34 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

2. You can call any group of people with a similar mindset a cult, doesn't mean its a cult

3. No one is brainwashed, they all have a choice, a lot of them don't actually agree with the wars they are signed up to fight

When it comes down to it, if there is an actual legitimate war, not big enough to require a draft, not so little that the US has to

mobilize a considerable amount of it's force. It is not you nor I whose bodies will form the wall of meat sacks and guns...but that strange cult...

2.  I encourage you to go and look up the definition of a cult, in fact I recently found a few videos explaining the topic in great detail, and sad to say, the military hits most if not all of the points.

you'll like this guy he's unapologetically right wing.

3.  people have free will before they join the military true, but after?  I mean they can easily choose prison and try and run away, but other then that, once you've signed on, your forced to serve your four years under penalty of law.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#35 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

I didn't say the military is welfare. I said it's a source of welfare. For instance, bases in the US employ a lot of local folks and is a significant employer in certain regions. And you have issues like what happened with Boehner. When he tried to keep open a engine plant even though everyone else agreed it was a waste of money. Why? Because it produced jobs in that region. But the thing is those jobs are paid for by the taxpayer. So when a base or plant closes down, those people lose their jobs and have a hard time finding new ones, if at all.

I'd agree with this, not only local bases but i think the US has an excess of about (i think) 277 bases world wide

there is stragetic benefit but they are skill money guzzlers.

2.  I encourage you to go and look up the definition of a cult, in fact I recently found a few videos explaining the topic in great detail, and sad to say, the military hits most if not all of the points.

you'll like this guy he's unapologetically right wing.

3.  people have free will before they join the military true, but after?  I mean they can easily choose prison and try and run away, but other then that, once you've signed on, your forced to serve your four years under penalty of law.

For the record i'm not right wing  :P

EDIT: Also that's what a contract is though....

Edited by Red Opus, 02 May 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#36 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

I'd agree with this, not only local bases but i think the US has an excess of about (i think) 277 bases world wide

there is stragetic benefit but they are skill money guzzlers.

For the record i'm not right wing  :P

EDIT: Also that's what a contract is though....

you sure?  you have a lot of right wing values...   traditional right wing I should say, not neo right wing wherein you automaticly agree with every word the establishment feeds you.

but under American law, people have the right to a lawyer if purgery of a contract is undergone.  but by military law, its not the same deal.  you forgo a lot of rights by joining up with them.   sure you get a trial, but its done by ex military operatives and you defend yourself.

Edited by retroluffy13, 02 May 2017 - 09:22 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#37 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

you sure?  you have a lot of right wing values...   traditional right wing I should say, not neo right wing wherein you automaticly agree with every word the establishment feeds you.

but under American law, people have the right to a lawyer if purgery of a contract is undergone.  but by military law, its not the same deal.  you forgo a lot of rights by joining up with them.   sure you get a trial, but its done by ex military operatives and you defend yourself.

Yeah i never thought of myself as right wing idk. I was a marxist when i was 15 though  :lol:

It's what you sign up for, i will say this HOWEVER, in germany (i think it's germany) soldiers have a right to disobey any order they believe might violate human dignity. America's military isn't perfect, i think it just isn't willing to change.

• retroluffy13 likes this

#38 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

Yeah i never thought of myself as right wing idk. I was a marxist when i was 15 though  :lol:

It's what you sign up for, i will say this HOWEVER, in germany (i think it's germany) soldiers have a right to disobey any order they believe might violate human dignity. America's military isn't perfect, i think it just isn't willing to change.

2.  I suppose we'll for the most part have to agree to disagree then.  however I still encourage you to have the video I linked a good look, because its downright scary how many boxes the military checks off on the entire cult list.  they have the major ones for sure, but even when you get into depth, all those same traits are for the most part there with maybe one or two acceptions, like not being completely cut off from the outside world.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#39 Leper

Leper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

so I've recently taken it upon myself to cure my greatest deficit and get acquainted with recent world history at least as far as it concerns the us and I have to say.  were screwed.  I'll start with the basics.

1.  the united states is as split as its ever been.    with the 2016 election over, one thing is clear.  Americans are pissed and most of that anger is directed at themselves.  and whos to blame for this?  the media.  put simply,, right wing media runs a nationalist narrative strictly in contrast with the left wing media's unity narrative.  the focus is clear.  they want both groups to absolutely hate each other as to divide our nation based on ideals, meanwhile leaving them at the mercy of they're media diet  its a vicious cycle.  fear monger, keep em coming back for more  fear monger, keep them coming back for more.  the way that they do it to each group differs but the end result is clear.  corporate media WANTS AMERICANS TO BE AT ODDS WITH EACH OTHER while continuing to push agendas that directly go against our best interest.  the current vessel they use is Donald trump, who ran on a campaign of making America great again, keeping us out of wars, and bring us back to nationalist ties while simultaneously driving a racially biased narrative concocted specifically for the let wing of the country to hate.  meanwhile, left media focuses on all his ideals that make you cringe while the right wing media focuses on the policies the working class eats up in wake of our failing economy.  the end result?  an America so at odds with itself that people are violently protesting in the streets over it and basically going to war with one another.

2.  we are currently "at war" with a multitude of nations and rather then raise taxes to fund these conflicts, on the contrary, in the past 16 years taxes have continually gotten lower for the higher class and remained basically stagnant for the rest of America.  on top of this, income inequality has only grown, and hard working, once middle class America has been thrown into poverty to the point of instability in the marketplace.  meanwhile, Americans continue to spend and squander they're money on capitalism and trivial things instead of saving that money for the dire straights our nation faces, even further throwing us into a depression we haven't faced since the turn of the last centaury. 

3.  where at one time we used to have a to part system, over the course of the last 30 years the democrat and republican parties have essentially become one in the same, pushing for the corporate agenda and throwing our nation deeper and deeper into the hole at every twist and turn, meanwhile the media supports a narrative of "everything's fine, we made it passed the recession.  our policies are working for you, the American people,", meanwhile the likes of Clinton, bush and Obama have redefined what we consider to be unemployment to the point where our 10.6 percent of Americans in dire straights becomes a mere 4.5 percent, or something like that I'm not exactly sure about the numbers, in order to trick the American public into believing that the unemployment rate isn't nearly as horrid as it actually is, masking the problem from people who fail to go out and do the proper research on the subject.

as a pragmatist, taking all the factors into account and looking over the corporate agenda world wide as opposed to simply here in America, ive come to the conclusion that the ultimate end game of all this anomisty is a simple one.  the end of the united states as we know it.

its like this.  America is a nation with vast amounts of untapped recourses, and the corporations cant get to all of those resources properly with our democracy in tact.  unlike in third world nations where they can hire people for a dollar an hour, and rape the land to they're wildest content without having to go through miles of red tape, here in America we have structures in place that keep those bodies in check to some extent and keep them from robing the land to they're fullest potential.  that's where the real money is, not in our economics or in our spending power, but in the vast amount of untappable resources they could be exploiting if we didn't have these checks and balances in order.  the solution?  drive the nation bankrupt to the point of failure, drive Americans to the point where when it happens, they go to war with each other, let them all kill themselves off, then rape the land free of any consequences and sell to whoever's left.

and I know this all sounds like some kind of fringe, conspiracy theory, but looking at the facts objectionally and without my usual liberal bias, this is the conclusion ive come to.  what do you all think?

note:  if it happens to the US it can just as easily happen to any major European nation as well, thus the title of the thread.

Good post man. But America's been screwed for a while now haha. Ever since corporate entities gained legal personhood and acquired the power to influence the electoral process, that was the beginning of the end. Voting was the primary instrument for the people to influence public policy, but now that politicians are dependent on corporate sponsers to fund their campaigns, lawmakers are basically beholden to corporate entities. Although I don't think corporations are necessarily looking to end the world. I don't think that's in anyone's interest. Rather hey are just looking to meet their bottom line, which is to make a profit. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users