Photo

Are Corporations looking to end the world?(or at least, the us)?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

so I've recently taken it upon myself to cure my greatest deficit and get acquainted with recent world history at least as far as it concerns the us and I have to say.  were screwed.  I'll start with the basics.

1.  the united states is as split as its ever been.    with the 2016 election over, one thing is clear.  Americans are pissed and most of that anger is directed at themselves.  and whos to blame for this?  the media.  put simply,, right wing media runs a nationalist narrative strictly in contrast with the left wing media's unity narrative.  the focus is clear.  they want both groups to absolutely hate each other as to divide our nation based on ideals, meanwhile leaving them at the mercy of they're media diet  its a vicious cycle.  fear monger, keep em coming back for more  fear monger, keep them coming back for more.  the way that they do it to each group differs but the end result is clear.  corporate media WANTS AMERICANS TO BE AT ODDS WITH EACH OTHER while continuing to push agendas that directly go against our best interest.  the current vessel they use is Donald trump, who ran on a campaign of making America great again, keeping us out of wars, and bring us back to nationalist ties while simultaneously driving a racially biased narrative concocted specifically for the let wing of the country to hate.  meanwhile, left media focuses on all his ideals that make you cringe while the right wing media focuses on the policies the working class eats up in wake of our failing economy.  the end result?  an America so at odds with itself that people are violently protesting in the streets over it and basically going to war with one another.

2.  we are currently "at war" with a multitude of nations and rather then raise taxes to fund these conflicts, on the contrary, in the past 16 years taxes have continually gotten lower for the higher class and remained basically stagnant for the rest of America.  on top of this, income inequality has only grown, and hard working, once middle class America has been thrown into poverty to the point of instability in the marketplace.  meanwhile, Americans continue to spend and squander they're money on capitalism and trivial things instead of saving that money for the dire straights our nation faces, even further throwing us into a depression we haven't faced since the turn of the last centaury. 

3.  where at one time we used to have a to part system, over the course of the last 30 years the democrat and republican parties have essentially become one in the same, pushing for the corporate agenda and throwing our nation deeper and deeper into the hole at every twist and turn, meanwhile the media supports a narrative of "everything's fine, we made it passed the recession.  our policies are working for you, the American people,", meanwhile the likes of Clinton, bush and Obama have redefined what we consider to be unemployment to the point where our 10.6 percent of Americans in dire straights becomes a mere 4.5 percent, or something like that I'm not exactly sure about the numbers, in order to trick the American public into believing that the unemployment rate isn't nearly as horrid as it actually is, masking the problem from people who fail to go out and do the proper research on the subject.

as a pragmatist, taking all the factors into account and looking over the corporate agenda world wide as opposed to simply here in America, ive come to the conclusion that the ultimate end game of all this anomisty is a simple one.  the end of the united states as we know it.

its like this.  America is a nation with vast amounts of untapped recourses, and the corporations cant get to all of those resources properly with our democracy in tact.  unlike in third world nations where they can hire people for a dollar an hour, and rape the land to they're wildest content without having to go through miles of red tape, here in America we have structures in place that keep those bodies in check to some extent and keep them from robing the land to they're fullest potential.  that's where the real money is, not in our economics or in our spending power, but in the vast amount of untappable resources they could be exploiting if we didn't have these checks and balances in order.  the solution?  drive the nation bankrupt to the point of failure, drive Americans to the point where when it happens, they go to war with each other, let them all kill themselves off, then rape the land free of any consequences and sell to whoever's left.

and I know this all sounds like some kind of fringe, conspiracy theory, but looking at the facts objectionally and without my usual liberal bias, this is the conclusion ive come to.  what do you all think?

note:  if it happens to the US it can just as easily happen to any major European nation as well, thus the title of the thread.

Edited by retroluffy13, 27 April 2017 - 06:40 PM.

• Red Opus and Leper like this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#2 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

1. That vicious cycle you mentioned however is only natural of humans. I don't think the media created a rift, it just made us look down. The more we look down the deeper it seems. Can't look up though that'd be ignoring there is a rift. There is no such thing as solutions, just what you're willing to leave on the table for a deal.

2. Now the Oil wars in the middle east you can certainly make a connection to corporations and things of the like. I'm not going to cite tax percentages on the rich and corporate tax and all the other tax percentages people of that class have to pay i don't know them off the top of my head but how close are we going to get to just taking money outright, how close.....

I can't say american's squander their money on capitalism, people have to spend for the thing to work, what i will say is though american's don't spend on the more....beneficial industries. 

3. I can't say what resources america has that can't be attained easier in the world's tool box [africa] but i'm not sure if bankrupting america would make them any more attainable. I don't think america can be allowed to fail at this point i'd have to be such a slow transition out of economic dominance for america that trying to bankrupt it wouldn't yield any real benefits.

#3 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

1. That vicious cycle you mentioned however is only natural of humans. I don't think the media created a rift, it just made us look down. The more we look down the deeper it seems. Can't look up though that'd be ignoring there is a rift. There is no such thing as solutions, just what you're willing to leave on the table for a deal.

2. Now the Oil wars in the middle east you can certainly make a connection to corporations and things of the like. I'm not going to cite tax percentages on the rich and corporate tax and all the other tax percentages people of that class have to pay i don't know them off the top of my head but how close are we going to get to just taking money outright, how close.....

I can't say american's squander their money on capitalism, people have to spend for the thing to work, what i will say is though american's don't spend on the more....beneficial industries. 

3. I can't say what resources america has that can't be attained easier in the world's tool box [africa] but i'm not sure if bankrupting america would make them any more attainable. I don't think america can be allowed to fail at this point i'd have to be such a slow transition out of economic dominance for america that trying to bankrupt it wouldn't yield any real benefits.

1. I totally agree that its base human nature for these rifts to exist, thus the rifts that exist today.  some people are hard asses, some people at compassionate.  this mush is clear.  but what I think is that the elite who have fully embraced they're hard ass nature have gone above and beyond it for the moment I n order to take care of they're greatest threat.  the addition of more heads to compete with, and so will bring down those of us who haven't ye made it in order to further they're own gain.

2.it goes far beyond oil in the middle east and extends to such nations as the Philippines and other such nations where its a fact that multinational corporations are raping the land in order to provide food to first world nations such as ourselves at a maximum profit.  I forget which particular nation at the moment but I know for a fact that there's a country in south America where theye purposefully buy up growing land that could be used to provide that certain nation of food in order to specifically grow beans we here in the states eat up.

3.  its a simple benefit..  now that capitalism has basically spread across the entire world, it becomes easier to sell in nations of lesser economic value at higher prices as opposed to nations like ours where fair economic infrastructure exists, and this at this point despite expending power we've bc0ome more of a liability, thus taking down our borders and selling to whoever's left becomes a greater objective then simply selling to us  when there are MANY MANY other nations with less regulation they could be selling to in the meantime, then when our nation has collapsed, we also become just as much at they're mercy as any of those other nations where its easier to sell to.  also, with the rapidly growing world population, a culling is in need in order to meet consumer demand, and were what better place to start then with capitalist behemoth America instead of say, partially communist china.

see the mentality is thus so.  if they;'re willing to do it to nations outside of the US all in the name of profit, why not the US itself especially when our system is susceptible to as much?

a nation like Russia for example, with a supposed dictator making all the calls, but still employs capitalistic tendency's, is much less susceptible to these tactics and can thus be made out as a better place to employ they're selling tactics to as opposed to a place like us less corruptible in such terms simply based on a stronger doctrine/a stronger people unwilling to simply bow down to these views?

better to take it down entirely and let the people start over, after the inevitable culling though.

inevitably I believe they'll do it everywhere though leaving only the elite in charge of things all in the name of saving the world from itself.  a greater good type situation.

Edited by retroluffy13, 27 April 2017 - 09:12 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#4 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

1. The US has always been split on issues. Whether its about the title for the Presidency(some people originally wanted the title of Majesty or King) or slavery. Overall its not that we are divided that matters but how we treat one another.

2. ISIS needs to go that can be agreed upon.

You mentioned we are a Democracy. We are not. We are Republic meaning Rule Of Law. If we can get our laws properly enforced then a lot of problems go away.

Posted Image

#5 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

1. The US has always been split on issues. Whether its about the title for the Presidency(some people originally wanted the title of Majesty or King) or slavery. Overall its not that we are divided that matters but how we treat one another.

2. ISIS needs to go that can be agreed upon.

You mentioned we are a Democracy. We are not. We are Republic meaning Rule Of Law. If we can get our laws properly enforced then a lot of problems go away.

well that's not completely true.  we are a democratic republic, meaning we pick representitives to vote on our behal.

and even then, we are also democracy because THERE ARE PROVISIONS that would allow for a congress of the people to unite and amend the constitution.  in fact the works for such a gathering are already in place to amend lobbyist regulations.

1.  sure we've always been divided but what I'm saying is that the corperate news media is currently pushing a war like agenda and attempting to get the public to rise up in insubordinate ways.

2.  its not the United states place to deal with those issues until they become a threat to our democracy.  we cant deal with the entire worlds problems, that much is fact.  we aren't the worlds policing system.

and the fact of the matter is that one:  we don't go around the world dealing with all the shit dictators around, so why are we so focused on the middle east, and two.  we don't have the money to keep pushing this agenda.

slash the warfare budget and suddenl we have the money to pay for things like:  single payer health care.  free college for all.  ect.  so why are we pouring all this money into trying to make other countries better when ours i's going to shit?

tax the one percent its fair share and close corperate loopholes and suddenly we got the money in the next few years to pay for the deficit.

Edited by retroluffy13, 28 April 2017 - 11:59 AM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#6 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

. . .

. .

So there it is. 'Free Education, Healthcare, whatever'. The first thing out of my economic teacher's mouth was, "There is no such thing as a free lunch."

Posted Image

#7 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

. . .
. .
So there it is. 'Free Education, Healthcare, whatever'. The first thing out of my economic teacher's mouth was, "There is no such thing as a free lunch."

is that what you'd tell your son or daughter?

when they don't have th means of pulling themselves up by they're bootstraps  themselves, like in the case of an infant, we give them what they cannot provide for themselves.  so what's the difference?

lets further expand on this with the public schooling system. we already provide kids with free schooling, what makes college so radical as compared to this? would you also demand an 8 year old go out and earn his or her education?

what about the elderly who spent they're entire life working and can no longer provide health care for themselves? why do they get the shaft in your hypothetical lunch scenario?

so lets think of it in terms of water now, ok? water is abundant, its everywhere, and you basically, in some areas of the nation before polluting, could get it anywhere because it literally falls from the sky. water is a nessesity of human life. medicine is also a necessity of human life, so why are we forced to pay such outrageous prices for it because we literally need it to live in certain situations? why should something so integral to human life be regulated in such ways that you can literally purchase a tshirt for less?

Edited by retroluffy13, 29 April 2017 - 10:17 AM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#8 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

2. Most colleges are not state owned like public schools are, the costs are much, much too different to compare. Also public education is shitty as is, which brings me to your first point.

1. Infants and adults are different in that we give infants what they cannot provide for themselves by any means but we live in a society now a days where one could realistically pull themselves up by their bootstraps the problem is we have been ill-equipped to do so. 

3. We don't pay for the water we pay for the service. [I don't think there are regulations against making and using your own clean water unless you plan to sell it] If we can provide our-self with clean water I don't think it'd be a problem. Also medicine, again we pay for the service, if you can of course make your own medicine and use it it's not a big deal. It's the convienence we pay for.

#9 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:05 PM

2. Most colleges are not state owned like public schools are, the costs are much, much too different to compare. Also public education is shitty as is, which brings me to your first point.

1. Infants and adults are different in that we give infants what they cannot provide for themselves by any means but we live in a society now a days where one could realistically pull themselves up by their bootstraps the problem is we have been ill-equipped to do so. 

3. We don't pay for the water we pay for the service. [I don't think there are regulations against making and using your own clean water unless you plan to sell it] If we can provide our-self with clean water I don't think it'd be a problem. Also medicine, again we pay for the service, if you can of course make your own medicine and use it it's not a big deal. It's the convienence we pay for.

1. its a fair point to an extent but at the same time, not. see, if community colleges which, at least the one I did, was completely on par with the university located on the same campus as far as I can tell based on public opinion, can cut costs to the point where its realisticly affordable why cant a payed for university? its just more capitalism at work. they like making money more then they care about the well being of a persons education.

look I went to a catholic school for the majority of my upbringing so to a large extent I don't have the same deficits as the majority of the population. I was poor, and got in for free every year based on my high test scores. so yes to an extent its harder for me to understand where a lot of peoples deficits come from because one, I got a better education, and two, I was smarter then most others from the getgo, having scores that said I was essentially overall on a 6th grade level when I was in second grade with a similar if not greater gap in how I understood things every year after that.

but still

even if ALL education EVERYWHERE is not made free, we should at least give people the free public option because it gives people like me the chance to excel and earn our higher level of education, and for the rest of people I believe that they should be given the free public option if they can make it far enough to do so.

though I agree that as far as public schooling goes, we have major problems, problems I don't even believe that more money is fundamentally the answer to. we tried that with the no child left behind act, giving more money to schools that did better on they're test scores, and it didn't work, so to me its less about a money issue and more about a budget issue. ie, what we're choosing to spend our money on.

2. that's a flawed argument because a teenager on the cusp of adulthood contrary to popular belief is still akin to a child in that the majority of them haven't experienced enough in they're lifetime/been brought up with a good enough education to pull themselves up to the best of they're ability. our best and our brightest do for sure, no doubt about that, but by willingly allowing kids who aren't quite there yet to continue they're education for free, you increase the probability that they will be given a better shot at succeeding.

3. don't get it confused, water is free what you pay for is the service the government provides in transporting it directly to your home through they're piping system. otherwise you'd have to go out and get it yourself in the wild, which in todays day and age comes with its own setback, but water is still fundamentally free, especially in climates where it will literally fall from the sky and all you have to do is collect it.

Edited by retroluffy13, 30 April 2017 - 03:07 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#10 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:37 PM

1. its a fair point to an extent but at the same time, not. see, if community colleges which, at least the one I did, was completely on par with the university located on the same campus as far as I can tell based on public opinion, can cut costs to the point where its realisticly affordable why cant a payed for university? its just more capitalism at work. they like making money more then they care about the well being of a persons education.

look I went to a catholic school for the majority of my upbringing so to a large extent I don't have the same deficits as the majority of the population. I was poor, and got in for free every year based on my high test scores. so yes to an extent its harder for me to understand where a lot of peoples deficits come from because one, I got a better education, and two, I was smarter then most others from the getgo, having scores that said I was essentially overall on a 6th grade level when I was in second grade with a similar if not greater gap in how I understood things every year after that.

but still

even if ALL education EVERYWHERE is not made free, we should at least give people the free public option because it gives people like me the chance to excel and earn our higher level of education, and for the rest of people I believe that they should be given the free public option if they can make it far enough to do so.

though I agree that as far as public schooling goes, we have major problems, problems I don't even believe that more money is fundamentally the answer to. we tried that with the no child left behind act, giving more money to schools that did better on they're test scores, and it didn't work, so to me its less about a money issue and more about a budget issue. ie, what we're choosing to spend our money on.

2. that's a flawed argument because a teenager on the cusp of adulthood contrary to popular belief is still akin to a child in that the majority of them haven't experienced enough in they're lifetime/been brought up with a good enough education to pull themselves up to the best of they're ability. our best and our brightest do for sure, no doubt about that, but by willingly allowing kids who aren't quite there yet to continue they're education for free, you increase the probability that they will be given a better shot at succeeding.

3. don't get it confused, water is free what you pay for is the service the government provides in transporting it directly to your home through they're piping system. otherwise you'd have to go out and get it yourself in the wild, which in todays day and age comes with its own setback, but water is still fundamentally free, especially in climates where it will literally fall from the sky and all you have to do is collect it.

1.  It's not ideal, it's not ideal in the least, i'm sure most people would want free college for everybody....but is it realistic and at what cost....what's going to get cut because more taxes on the rich just won't cut it...

2. Hit the nail on the head there, it's the reason why i ordered my last post the way i did. We are ill equipped from birth to live in a society like this, even after highschool people don't have information on the avenues available to them after they graduate and highschool did nothing to prepare them for what they would want to do or how to find it.

3. that's what i said silly  :P

#11 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

1.  It's not ideal, it's not ideal in the least, i'm sure most people would want free college for everybody....but is it realistic and at what cost....what's going to get cut because more taxes on the rich just won't cut it...

2. Hit the nail on the head there, it's the reason why i ordered my last post the way i did. We are ill equipped from birth to live in a society like this, even after highschool people don't have information on the avenues available to them after they graduate and highschool did nothing to prepare them for what they would want to do or how to find it.

3. that's what i said silly  :P

1. Italy does it. the british do it. hell sweaden has enough tax revenue to literally pay the unemployed to do nothing and they STILL get bigger paychecks then a majority of employed americans. your being lied to by the "conservative" agenda.

2. at least we both agree with reform.

3. my bad lol.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#12 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

1. Italy does it. the british do it. hell sweaden has enough tax revenue to literally pay the unemployed to do nothing and they STILL get bigger paychecks then a majority of employed americans. your being lied to by the "conservative" agenda.

lol that depends, I want to be realistic here. I don't think the american public is willing to pay higher taxes.

Edited by Red Opus, 30 April 2017 - 04:24 PM.

#13 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

lol that depends, I want to be realistic here. I don't think the american public is willing to pay higher taxes.

first we'd start by slashing the military budget and bringing our troops home FOR THE TIME BEING as we can no longer afford these prolonged wars. our country is in a state of crisis and near collapse, so reguardless of humanitarian sentiment, which is bullshit anyways, it is time to pull out of these pointless wars and bring our military back home until we can afford to redeploy them to the same extent they are now.

next we need to close corperate loopholes to ensure that the top .01 percent PAYS ITS FAIR SHARE at the very least, and then impose an emergency tax to get back a small amount of the money they've been getting away with over the years in order to help trim the deficit/send our kids to college. then with a higher minimum wage, more kids getting better opportunities, and more job creation through the implementation of a transition from fossil fuels to solar and wind, eventually we'll clear the gap, bring down the debt, and help end global warming all in one foul swoop.

Edited by retroluffy13, 30 April 2017 - 04:46 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#14 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

first we'd start by slashing the military budget and bringing our troops home FOR THE TIME BEING as we can no longer afford these prolonged wars. our country is in a state of crisis and near collapse, so reguardless of humanitarian sentiment, which is bullshit anyways, it is time to pull out of these pointless wars and bring our military back home until we can afford to redeploy them to the same extent they are now.

next we need to close corperate loopholes to ensure that the top .01 percent PAYS ITS FAIR SHARE at the very least, and then impose an emergency tax to get back a small amount of the money they've been getting away with over the years in order to help trim the deficit/send our kids to college. then with a higher minimum wage, more kids getting better opportunities, and more job creation through the implementation of a transition from fossil fuels to solar and wind, eventually we'll clear the gap, bring down the debt, and help end global warming all in one foul swoop.

1. I agree, personally i don't see why we are in the middle east. Even donald trump said going into the middle east you're bound to get bogged down. It's a mud pool at this point. 

2. Getting out of the middle east is one thing, slashing the military budget at this point is another. From my observation there are two choices, put a temperory ban on people joining the military or fire a bunch of soldiers....which.....i mean...........

3. what loopholes...

4. idk if a higher minimum wage is the answer, doesn't that usually end in....inflation in what way or another....

5. global warming doesn't just end though...

#15 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

1. I agree, personally i don't see why we are in the middle east. Even donald trump said going into the middle east you're bound to get bogged down. It's a mud pool at this point. 

2. Getting out of the middle east is one thing, slashing the military budget at this point is another. From my observation there are two choices, put a temperory ban on people joining the military or fire a bunch of soldiers....which.....i mean...........

3. what loopholes...

4. idk if a higher minimum wage is the answer, doesn't that usually end in....inflation in what way or another....

5. global warming doesn't just end though...

2. yeah I realize the implications of firing so many military folk, but hey, on the plus side a sudden surge in mental health issues means a serge in opportunities for therapists across the nation. not exactly ideal in the long term, but its a job creator, and were going to have to do it eventually unless we plan to have these guys just die overseas.

3. id have to get aquainted with the tax codes, but overall they must give corporations quite a break if they're able to get away with paying a simple "alternative tax code" which just means they end up paying something rather then nothing.

basicly if it weren't for the "alternative tax code" most multi-million dollar corporations would pay no taxes at all. which is pretty scary when you think about it.

4. that's a fallacy the conservative agenda pushes. see, 50 years ago, we had unions in most industry to ensure that people got they're fair share of the wealth and in exchange, they handled union business internally to ensure a higher quality of work. now most of those unions have been destroyed by laws put in place to bring down the cost of work, so instituting a higher minimum wage only helps the people while keeping it fair for all. California recently raised the minimum wage and a lot of business have seen increased revenue because now, people have money to spend. its only the frugal companies that are looking to horde the wealth that suffer any at all.
edit
5. but we stab at its heart by switching to alternative sources.

Edited by retroluffy13, 30 April 2017 - 05:32 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#16 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

2. yeah I realize the implications of firing so many military folk, but hey, on the plus side a sudden surge in mental health issues means a serge in opportunities for therapists across the nation. not exactly ideal in the long term, but its a job creator, and were going to have to do it eventually unless we plan to have these guys just die overseas.

3. id have to get aquainted with the tax codes, but overall they must give corporations quite a break if they're able to get away with paying a simple "alternative tax code" which just means they end up paying something rather then nothing.

basicly if it weren't for the "alternative tax code" most multi-million dollar corporations would pay no taxes at all. which is pretty scary when you think about it.

4. that's a fallacy the conservative agenda pushes. see, 50 years ago, we had unions in most industry to ensure that people got they're fair share of the wealth and in exchange, they handled union business internally to ensure a higher quality of work. now most of those unions have been destroyed by laws put in place to bring down the cost of work, so instituting a higher minimum wage only helps the people while keeping it fair for all. California recently raised the minimum wage and a lot of business have seen increased revenue because now, people have money to spend. its only the frugal companies that are looking to horde the wealth that suffer any at all.
edit
5. but we stab at its heart by switching to alternative sources.

2. lol that made my heart drop lol but i get it.

4.i[m not an economic buff but imma take a stab at this. if I'm running a business and i was paying my guys, lets say 10$ an hour in a store i own...lets say i sell clothes or something. If i suddenly have to pay my guys 12$ an hour I have to either start firing these mofos or raise my prices. Either that or something is gonna take a cut, benefits maybe. Pushing a balloon on one side only causes a bulgue somewhere else

edit

making it hard to hire people. But lets be real, some jobs don't need 15$ an hour for what they do i mean, if mcdonalds employees get 15$ an hour i need 22 obviously i need to quit my shit and go to micky d's

Edited by Red Opus, 30 April 2017 - 06:49 PM.

#17 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

2. lol that made my heart drop lol but i get it.

4.i[m not an economic buff but imma take a stab at this. if I'm running a business and i was paying my guys, lets say 10$ an hour in a store i own...lets say i sell clothes or something. If i suddenly have to pay my guys 12$ an hour I have to either start firing these mofos or raise my prices. Either that or something is gonna take a cut, benefits maybe. Pushing a balloon on one side only causes a bulgue somewhere else

edit

making it hard to hire people. But lets be real, some jobs don't need 15$ an hour for what they do i mean, if mcdonalds employees get 15$ an hour i need 22 obviously i need to quit my shit and go to micky d's

4. what if you suddenly experienced a boom in revenue from an increased sales margin from a sudden new burst of people able to spend money in your shop? wouldn't your overall profit negate the "losses"? for example lets say your making a 10000 dollars, hypotheticly, a day and you pay your employees 10 per hour right now. then you see an increase of sales by 400 percent and suddenly your making 40000 a day. would this not be enough to compensate for the five dollar per increase?

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#18 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

4. what if you suddenly experienced a boom in revenue from an increased sales margin from a sudden new burst of people able to spend money in your shop? wouldn't your overall profit negate the "losses"? for example lets say your making a 10000 dollars, hypotheticly, a day and you pay your employees 10 per hour right now. then you see an increase of sales by 400 percent and suddenly your making 40000 a day. would this not be enough to compensate for the five dollar per increase?

generally things like that don't happen but lets say they do right, lets say i just got that sales increase, people suddenly get that new check fever.........until they realize everything else went up too. 

Pay reflects the job, minimum wage just gives us a point of reference. If the gap in skill between a cashier making 15$ an hour and a CNA (certified nurse assistatnt) who makes 12$ an hour is a 3$ loss for the more "skilled" person then there is a problem. But that CNA gets bumped to 15$ because of the new minimum wage, then the question becomes why the fuck did i take classes for this shitty job with shitty hours, what i can do doesn't reflect in what i'm paid.

edit.

employer has to either get that nurse's pay up, or have the kind of godlike benefits that would keep an employee...which costs money...

Edited by Red Opus, 30 April 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#19 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

well first off, typically nurses get paid A LOT more then that. somewhere closer to 19 dollars per hour but probably lesser when they start off. I know my grandma gets payed an insane amount for a nurse, but shes been in the game for a while. which is incentive. unlike at a minimum wage job like mcdonalds, more important jobs typically have the opportunity to gain massive pay raises over time in comparison.

but lets say your right, and a "nurse, or any other profession therein, makes 12 dollars an hour but then suddenly the new minimum wage kicks in, and wages all across the board have to go up. companies, hospitals, firehouses, ect. they have choices to make. budgets to reanalyze and whatnot. now in the case of multibillion dollar corperations, this isn't an issue as most of them HAVE THE MONEY to raise the wages without losing profit, its just an overall cut they'll have to worry about. but heres the thing about our county. its SO UTTERLY MASSIVE that even places like hospitals, government institutions and the like, would only have to alter they're margins slightly overall to compensate for these changes. government instituted hospitals for example would only have to raise prices by literally cents because its so institutionalized and so many people get sick that they're tiny bit of compensation goes up, and with a few budget cuts to hire ups as we massively overpay people in this country at the top for the work they do overall, they still end up with sustainable business models.

McDonalds, for example, would only have to raise the price of a bigmac by 69 cents overall, and rearrange the budget slightly, in order to still be sustainable. the question then becomes, will these giant organizations be willing to do that or would they continue they're massive top percentile greed and raise they're own multimillion dollar a year paychecks to compensate?

make no mistake though. most huge places like that HAVE THE MONEY to pay they're employees a livable wage. what's outrageous is the refusal to do so. now, to a business like yours just starting u, I'm not exactly sure of the implications. but I assume at least the momentary increase of revenue would indeed give you an edge of at least getting the opportunity to expand your business.

generally things like that don't happen but lets say they do right, lets say i just got that sales increase, people suddenly get that new check fever.........until they realize everything else went up too. 

Pay reflects the job, minimum wage just gives us a point of reference. If the gap in skill between a cashier making 15$ an hour and a CNA (certified nurse assistatnt) who makes 12$ an hour is a 3$ loss for the more "skilled" person then there is a problem. But that CNA gets bumped to 15$ because of the new minimum wage, then the question becomes why the fuck did i take classes for this shitty job with shitty hours, what i can do doesn't reflect in what i'm paid.

edit.
employer has to either get that nurse's pay up, or have the kind of godlike benefits that would keep an employee...which costs money...

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#20 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

well first off, typically nurses get paid A LOT more then that. somewhere closer to 19 dollars per hour but probably lesser when they start off. I know my grandma gets payed an insane amount for a nurse, but shes been in the game for a while. which is incentive. unlike at a minimum wage job like mcdonalds, more important jobs typically have the opportunity to gain massive pay raises over time in comparison.

but lets say your right, and a "nurse, or any other profession therein, makes 12 dollars an hour but then suddenly the new minimum wage kicks in, and wages all across the board have to go up. companies, hospitals, firehouses, ect. they have choices to make. budgets to reanalyze and whatnot. now in the case of multibillion dollar corperations, this isn't an issue as most of them HAVE THE MONEY to raise the wages without losing profit, its just an overall cut they'll have to worry about. but heres the thing about our county. its SO UTTERLY MASSIVE that even places like hospitals, government institutions and the like, would only have to alter they're margins slightly overall to compensate for these changes. government instituted hospitals for example would only have to raise prices by literally cents because its so institutionalized and so many people get sick that they're tiny bit of compensation goes up, and with a few budget cuts to hire ups as we massively overpay people in this country at the top for the work they do overall, they still end up with sustainable business models.

McDonalds, for example, would only have to raise the price of a bigmac by 69 cents overall, and rearrange the budget slightly, in order to still be sustainable. the question then becomes, will these giant organizations be willing to do that or would they continue they're massive top percentile greed and raise they're own multimillion dollar a year paychecks to compensate?

make no mistake though. most huge places like that HAVE THE MONEY to pay they're employees a livable wage. what's outrageous is the refusal to do so. now, to a business like yours just starting u, I'm not exactly sure of the implications. but I assume at least the momentary increase of revenue would indeed give you an edge of at least getting the opportunity to expand your business.

Nah regular nurses get nice dollars but CNA's? they're making like 12 unfortunately actually 11 something in florida.

again, red opus is no economics buff, but that doesn't sound right. the minimum wage (i think) is around 7something to 8. We want to almost double that....and only a few minor budget changes can absorb it.........I don't buy that imma have to do some numbers, doesn't sound right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users