25 replies to this topic

#21 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

"What I really want, despite being a pain, is to buy it with my own effort"

Simple, but solid character growth. This isn't really a groundbreaking chapter, but its effective. Really reminds me of chapter...2 or 3 in the original series, the one that introduced Konohamaru and all of his issues being the grandson of Hiruzen. Naturally, you've got parallels between Boruto and the Daimyo's son, just as there were between Naruto and Konohamaru. Perhaps it's a little uninspired, but I like it.

This man nonsensically sold his soul to paperwork 24/7

I mean, if we really want to be silly about what being the Hokage actually entails, sure  :lolxg: We just had dude fighting alongside a bunch of others, as the most powerful person in his village, to defend the world from a planetary threat like a few chapters ago. Acting like all he does is paperwork is akin to me saying that all Sasuke does is dick around outside the village to avoid being with his family  :laugh:

Personally I kinda like that Naruto and Sasuke aren't being perfect dads since it shows they are ultimately still people who can't do everything and have to compromise their time with their family for the greater good. Sasuke has to travel and discover more about the Otsutsuki clan and Naruto is just to busy or too tired to spend quality time with his family.

I've also found it funny that Sarada and Boruto are being inspired by each other's dad instead of their own dads and it does motivate them to become what they are today and while it is easy to criticise both Naruto and Sasuke they are both the biggest heroes in the series and they both are prepared to put their lives on the life to save their village and the world.

Naruto and Sasuke remind me of Aang and Toph, over in Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, who also weren't portrayed as being perfect parents just because they happened to be the good guys/major characters in the previous series. In fact, the issues that they had as parents and that their children then had with them could easily be seen as logical extensions of the way the two of them lived their lives in the original series. Aang always felt as if he'd abandoned his people in their time of need and his people were all but extinct. Therefore, he spends a little bit more time with Tenzin than he does his other two children, since Tenzin is the only one who can really carry on the Airbender legacy. This is compounded by the fact that he has to further split his attention between his duties to them and to the world. Toph in turn grew up with parents that never let her do anything, not trusting in her ability to look after herself and really never believing in her. Therefore, as a parent, she gives her children absolute freedom, to the point that one of them was able to begin taking part in petty crimes without her even being aware of it. Each method of parenting then caused issues for both sets of children.

Naruto and Sasuke are the same with their children. Naruto always wanted to be Hokage and he basically learned the foundation of the job from Hiruzen. He's also always used his Kage Bunshin as his bread and butter in any situation. Therefore, Naruto takes the job super seriously, see's the entire village as his family, in the same way Hiruzen did, and uses the Kage Bunshin to allow him to help as many people in the village as possible, at the same time. Sasuke was stripped of his family as a young age, didn't seem to ever get any type of therapy to help him through the initial experience and the later experience during which he discovered the truth about his brother, and the experiences that came after, all of which saw him shaping into a very isolated person who was constantly on the move. Therefore, as an adult, Sasuke has a family, but he still spends time on the move and has trouble properly displaying his emotions to either them or others. All of this is to say that both of these characters are exactly what you'd think they would turn out like based on what we were presented with in the original series.

• Tokoya, DrugzRule, JDG973 and 3 others like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#22 Brilchan

Brilchan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

I really like this chapter it was cute I'm starting to like Boruto more then his dad when they were the same age. You can see his character development more clearly and it was great then he helped and inspired the Dymo kid this chapter was really cool, cute and fun too read.   

• Tokoya likes this

#23 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Just don't see Boruto succeeding in becoming or following in Sasuke's footsteps

Skill-wise he's already too different...Naruto clone

• kage bunshin no jutsu - every-time, every-where, every-fight, when cornered...everything
  • oiroke no jutsu (sexy jutsu) - just to troll
  • Rasengan - when all else fail

Socially

• Relationships - loved by or loves everyone, champion of the weak, making (several) new friends
  • Parents - big influence growing up, positive view or impact, has good impression of his family
  • Girlfriend - Not shy about it...practically already in love
  • Friends/Teammates - in good harmony with his age-mates and teammates

Physically

• anti-Sharingan eye - Hyuga
  • Bad hair-style :P - Uzumaki
  • Face marks - Nine-tails 

Others

• Always has something to say
  • Not afraid to or openly intervene
  • Village bully intentional or accidental

Hope they put a little more focus to show us some similarities (lifestyle) and not just few fighting moves (Credit to Tokoya for noticing and showing the still-frames), will still be an uphill battle given the difficulties Sasuke had to go overcome

I will quit the day Boruto summons the Ten-tails, he has all the ingredients but still :rly: 

• Tokoya likes this

:kakashi:  We back

#24 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:14 PM

(Credit to Tokoya for noticing and showing the still-frames)

There was another similarity in the most recent episode......Boruto was gonna do the same that Sasuke did at 2:47 lol

Edited by Tokoya, 04 May 2017 - 03:14 PM.

• paka likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#25 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

There was another similarity in the most recent episode......Boruto was gonna do the same that Sasuke did at 2:47 lol

This only reminds me of how epic Naruto was at the beginning!

• Tokoya, paka and KUROkami like this

#26 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

Poor Shino

He pretty much waxxed Kankuro's ass and thats the love he gets.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users