Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

https://twitter.com/...946007503880192

Going by volume release schedules, we've got about 11 chapters left.

This is really it. I would love to be wrong, but this feels another Bleach ending. 

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#2 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:03 PM

Huh, i just assumed everyone knew it was ending soon. Judging by the comments it seems people need to be told point plank to figure that out....

• eemo23, Urek Mazino and masterbio like this

#3 Oben

Oben

Yeah!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,732 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

Could've happened a hundred chapters ago, but anyway, finally!

• eemo23 and Urek Mazino like this

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,072 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

This is really it. I would love to be wrong, but this feels another Bleach ending. 

I thought it only had 5 or less left tbh lol

• eemo23 and Urek Mazino like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

Bleach ending in that you think it's rushed? How? It's been standard Fairy Tail for months.
  • eemo23 likes this

#6 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

Wow. Well, I'll save the heartfelt comments for later.

Although there was an extraordinary amount of BS in FT, I have to say that I did enjoy the series. 

And, I can't deny that the FT anime had some amazing OSTs too. 

• Chillman likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#7 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:08 PM

I was really hoping about 20 chapters ago the final fight would be: Zerff in his demon king form(which I made up) vs arcnologia in his dragon form vs natsu in his demon dragon from.

But then natsu remembered he is human making all that dissapear, zerff got some stupid all white form..... exactly what I expected from the dark mage..... and arcnologia got shoulder tackled into the ravings of time..... perfect....

And of course the best part of ft so far is the fact that zerff was able to take fairy heart from mavis so quick it made us all wonder why he even used Irene in the first place.
  • eemo23 likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#8 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,598 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, the cover pages showing all the past arcs and sort of counting down to the current one was a big sign in the series probably ending. I don't think it is like Bleach's ending as it seems like Mashima has known he has wanted to end the series for a while and planned it out. So it is getting a proper ending. I wonder if Mashima will work on another series. I do love his art and hope he does, but who knows.

It is a little bittersweet. Fairy Tail was one of the first series I read on OM and I think it first launched just as the OM forums were starting up. Despite a lot of frustrating moments and arcs, mainly in the latter half of the series, it is still a series I really enjoyed. So while I do think the series has run its course I am a little sad to see it go.

• eemo23 and masterbio like this

#9 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

And of course the best part of ft so far is the fact that zerff was able to take fairy heart from mavis so quick it made us all wonder why he even used Irene in the first place.

Completely forgot about this, but dayum. This is probably one of the biggest facepalm moments in FT. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#10 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, the cover pages showing all the past arcs and sort of counting down to the current one was a big sign in the series probably ending. I don't think it is like Bleach's ending as it seems like Mashima has known he has wanted to end the series for a while and planned it out. So it is getting a proper ending. I wonder if Mashima will work on another series. I do love his art and hope he does, but who knows.

It is a little bittersweet. Fairy Tail was one of the first series I read on OM and I think it first launched just as the OM forums were starting up. Despite a lot of frustrating moments and arcs, mainly in the latter half of the series, it is still a series I really enjoyed. So while I do think the series has run its course I am a little sad to see it go.

A quote from the link. "Fairy Tail to end "in about 2 more volumes", Hiro Mashima wants to write a new work after it ends."

• Shin likes this

#11 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

Oh man, we can only hope this is true

So let's start the discussion: when do you think FT started going down hill?

#12 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

Oh man, we can only hope this is true

A) The beginning

B) When Erza one shot that Wind guy that knocked out Makarov

C) Tenrou Island

D) Grand Magic Games

E) Spriggans

#13 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,598 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

@ masterbio I think the series started to go downhill some at the Oración Seis arc. It is when the arcs started to feel like the same thing over and over and the fights felt more predictable. It also sort of marked the end of Natsu and company going on quests for the guild like how they had done previously. The arcs after that had their moments of course. I loved how he set up the S-Class trial and the Grand Tournament, but by the end they all sort of went down the same path. Also I think the series could have benefitted from having more recurring villains that got built up over multiple arcs like how Jellal or Ultear were. He would come up with interesting villains, but by the end of the arc most of if all would be defeated outright.

A quote from the link. "Fairy Tail to end "in about 2 more volumes", Hiro Mashima wants to write a new work after it ends."

That is good. Wonder what he would make. Also I wonder if he would do a weekly series again or move to monthly since it is a little easier to schedule. Hope it is weekly as he and his team can pump out chapters like no one else on a tough weekly schedule.

#14 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

@ masterbio I think the series started to go downhill some at the Oración Seis arc. It is when the arcs started to feel like the same thing over and over and the fights felt more predictable. It also sort of marked the end of Natsu and company going on quests for the guild like how they had done previously. The arcs after that had their moments of course. I loved how he set up the S-Class trial and the Grand Tournament, but by the end they all sort of went down the same path. Also I think the series could have benefitted from having more recurring villains that got built up over multiple arcs like how Jellal or Ultear were. He would come up with interesting villains, but by the end of the arc most of if all would be defeated outright.

That is good. Wonder what he would make. Also I wonder if he would do a weekly series again or move to monthly since it is a little easier to schedule. Hope it is weekly as he and his team can pump out chapters like no one else on a tough weekly schedule.

Mashima may not be a great writer but damn is he a hard working artist. That guy almost never misses a weeks chapter and even does double chapter weeks multiple times, and he even posts drawings of his characters on his twitter all the time.

I think it would be nice if he teamed up with a writer like OPM, Shokugeki no Soma, The Promised Neverland and others do.

Edited by Tom Ace, 09 May 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#15 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

Ahh let it end, we have the anime anyway so we will be supplied with OVAs.
I stopped taking FT seriously along time ago and now for me FT is nothing more than a fanservice show.

1Hh3Zj5.png

#16 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

I think Mashima could benefit from a monthly schedule. I think if he had more pages to work with, these fights wouldn't end so fast.

#17 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

This is the end

Hold your breathe and count to ten

Mashima's art has always be consistent and pretty decent.

Edited by Tenno, 09 May 2017 - 11:04 PM.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#18 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

I think that around disbanding of FT by Makarov. I don't really even remember why it happened. The Avatar arc itself wasn't that but but the moment Natsu waltzed into GMG and trashed participants I knew there isn't much to the FTverse other than the FT. At that time we still wanted to believe, there was hype with the Spriggans but in truth there were only letdowns to follow with Zeref being one currently. There is no real consequence to his actions, we had seen him either composed, cold and calculating or going psycho, all without any impact or purpose and now BAM with all his motives half-stated and changing we now have him doing something entirely else (which will seemingly fail anyway like everything that doesnt involve Natsu or Erza), and that leaves me as a reader without any impact at all.

#19 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

Mashima should go draw hentai by the way, or so seinnen manga

• Chillman likes this

#20 ndriana

ndriana

• Members