#21 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

Wow wow wow. Have I really forgotten that!?!? If that was said literally as you said... get ready for Deku passing on his OfA powers to Bakugou in the final arc and revealing he was talking about Bakugou becoming the greatest hero of all time all along  :charm:

Haha no bro, I think he was referring to himself *how I became the greatest hero :D

• FrostDancer81 likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#22 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

Wow wow wow. Have I really forgotten that!?!? If that was said literally as you said... get ready for Deku passing on his OfA powers to Bakugou in the final arc and revealing he was talking about Bakugou becoming the greatest hero of all time all along  :charm:

Aww HELL NO!!! :mob:

• Raiden and FrostDancer81 like this

17.jpg

#23 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:51 AM

Nein.
  • Raiden and FrostDancer81 like this

#24 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

I basically want to make this my signature dude!

beddcde48156521f9348e4580280e674.gif

Wind is tickling my face as I have nothing but you in my mind.

#25 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

I really love Midoriya. He seems like an amalgamation of all the best parts (story telling wise) of every main shonen character I've read. I tend to gravitate towards characters who use their brains more. I fell in love when he won that race during the sports festival just using good ideas. I love how flawed he is as well. I rather enjoy actually watching a character grow and overcome their short comings. His work ethic is so high it's almost problematic (this man hover sits to strengthen his legs in class) and that shows in a big way. He was weak...and that was great. He wasn't confident and even when he got his quirk, he was slow to act (unless he wanted to save someone), and would break himself. Now look at him. He certainly caught a lucky break (that's an understatement) but seeing how far he has come I think he is going to prove why he is deserving (not necessarily the best choice) for OFA.
  • Raiden, eemo23, Phenomiracle and 5 others like this

My Manga

The sad reality of my favorite Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#26 number21

number21

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationWhy don't you find me?

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

I wonder how does Deku compare to the other big 3 protags at this point of the story for them.

#27 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,324 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

I wonder how does Deku compare to the other big 3 protags at this point of the story for them.

- power wise? because the Big 3 protags can level islands/mountains

- Characterization?

- Quest

what criteria are you using?

Edited by ddboy102, 14 June 2017 - 08:31 PM.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#28 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:57 AM

@Madara D Dragon - Your idea about Deku being born with a quirk has some hope (as much as I don't want to believe it)! 

https://www.reddit.c...ry_on_this_guy/

TL;DR:

The doctor that checked on Izuku is the winged-noumu kid's grandfather. It's possible that the doctor provided a fake x-ray to Deku's mom and the truth is that Deku had such his quirk stolen away from him while he was a child.

Edited by eemo23, 18 June 2017 - 01:57 AM.

• Madara D Dragon likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#29 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:28 AM

Aren't quirks hereditary, at least to a point? The mom is a magnet and the dad breathes fire. Don't think Deku would have a quirk worth taking.

#30 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

@Madara D Dragon - Your idea about Deku being born with a quirk has some hope (as much as I don't want to believe it)! 

https://www.reddit.c...ry_on_this_guy/

TL;DR:

The doctor that checked on Izuku is the winged-noumu kid's grandfather. It's possible that the doctor provided a fake x-ray to Deku's mom and the truth is that Deku had such his quirk stolen away from him while he was a child.

That was sooo interesting, regardless of it making my idea more likely or not, it's something we should take into account, as maybe even if Deku doesn't have a second (his own, so maybe more like first) quirk, we could be told that he had a quirk which was stolen by AfO, but without needing ti give it it Deku and without the implications that would have which most of you don't like. Or would you still not like it if deku doesn't have that quirk anymore and we were just told about him having it previously?

Thanks anyways for the share, nice as always  :D

Aren't quirks hereditary, at least to a point? The mom is a magnet and the dad breathes fire. Don't think Deku would have a quirk worth taking.

As they say in the blog eemo23 linked, as far as we know the quirks could skip generations, as some biological traits do, and Deku could receive a quirk from his grandfather/mother, so if Horikoshi wants it, he could give him any quirk he wants with that simple explanation.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#31 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

But what quirk would that be and would it even help in any way? Anything op and he'd be worse with it than OfA.

#32 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,324 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

Magentism 

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#33 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

But what quirk would that be and would it even help in any way? Anything op and he'd be worse with it than OfA.

Who knows really what the quirk would be

I do think there being passed on to a degree because of Todoroki

#34 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

All Might Senpai!!! Midoriya Shounen!!!

PL6EgHfUcjxaEzhPk4fAYJZMB08RGY67MYi7JPMd

• retroluffy13, FrostDancer81, Fenrix and 2 others like this

s7218980.jpg

#35 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

So apparently this is becoming a bit of thing ATM. 

https://comicbook.co...-dragon-ball/#3

Any thoughts? 

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#36 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

People have become soft, everything has to be politically correct nowadays.

A kid will probably never read that sentence into deeper context let alone the adult fans.
  • Raiden and Jekkusormi like this

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#37 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:14 PM

People seem to want to get offended these days, no matter the reason.....

As the article said, the line might be related to Piccolo being a villain previously. Or japanese language might (definetely not sure about this) havr somekind of wordplay going on, 'villain' being homonymum with 'alien' or something like that.
  • Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#38 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:59 PM

Don't take it seriously. The original article about it and the "outrage" was just a joke among the fans. I believe in the original DB, he was automatically assumed to be a demon.

Comicbook.com took it way out of context to create clickbait.

Edited by KLGChaos, 19 February 2019 - 10:00 PM.

• Raiden and Chillman like this

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#39 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:06 AM

Deku isn't too bad for JUMP Shounen Protagonist. At least he uses his brain. However he does have two annoying traits. He has to stick his nose into everyone else's business. For once I'd like to see a side character say tell a 'nosy MC', "I appreciate the help/advice but I don't want/need it. Before you do/say anything else keep in mind I don't like being lectured/patronized to. If you say/do anything further I'll be obligated to kick your ass. . .very. . .very. . .hard."

Second complaint is the Nails On Blackboard English Voice Actors. Why does VIZ/Funimation/Etc. feel that male teenage lead characters have to sound so awful?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users