Photo

[Discussion] Who do you think the traitor is?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

Thought this would be an interesting topic to make a thread for. They haven't touched on the traitor stuff lately in the series with everything going on with the new group of villains appearing, but wondering who the traitor is in UA I think is one of the more interesting sub-plots.

Obviously the traitor is someone that had to have been at the training camp, right? So it has to be one of the teachers there or one of the students in Class A or B. Right now it seems like a lot of the popular choices online have Mashirao Ojiro or Denki Kaminari being the traitor. Also if it is someone from Class B I think that Momoma might be an interesting option. He is one of the few Class B students that has gotten some focus, and his copying power would be very useful for someone who is trying to hide themselves being a traitor.

• number21 likes this

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:45 PM

A buddy of mine asked this same question in a FB group today lol but the most popular theories that I've seen is that its Kaminari or All Might's friend in the police force thing

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

my first choice is there is no traitor its just a quick that can predict their actions

2nd choice no traitor its just one of the heros are being controlled

3rd Kaminari: he was talking about how cool Stein was in the background.

Not alot of info right now though, maybe when this plot point picks up again we'll get more info,

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#4 Kurapika

Kurapika

Master Aqua

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationThe Realm Of Darkness

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

It would have to be a Class 1A student or teacher. The villains knew the class was going to be at USJ, no Class 1B student should have known about that.

Kaminari is still the one with the most evidence against him but maybe it's all just a red herring and it's going to be Kouda or some other unlikely one.

• Shin likes this

#5 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

It would have to be a Class 1A student or teacher. The villains knew the class was going to be at USJ, no Class 1B student should have known about that.

Kaminari is still the one with the most evidence against him but maybe it's all just a red herring and it's going to be Kouda or some other unlikely one.

so what do you think about my two theories that there is no real traitor it's just a villain using his/her quirk manipulating events?

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#6 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

Makes sense.

#7 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:15 AM

I think I would be a little disappointed if there isn't a traitor, but I do understand that the author wouldn't want to make one of the students or a teacher into a villain. I suppose a villain controlling one of them or impersonating them might be a good compromise. I guess with characters like Toga running around you can never be sure if a character is who they say they are now as well. Although Toga wasn't impersonating anyone at the camp.

I guess part of me does hope someone in Class B like a Monoma is a traitor in part because I would like to see more of Class B get involved in the main story. They have a lot of interesting characters in that class that I wouldn't mind getting a bit more focus.

#8 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:46 AM

Hagakure (strangely absent from the vote count during the Class Rep voting, the very same day Shigaraki corroded the UA gates; also claimed to be at the same place as Todoroki during the USJ invasion, even though he froze everything around him the moment he arrived, and she was unscathed) or Kaminari (pretty big theory regarding him and his actions).

Edited by Moon_Hermit, 14 May 2017 - 06:47 AM.

#9 Kurapika

Kurapika

Master Aqua

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hagakure (strangely absent from the vote count during the Class Rep voting, the very same day Shigaraki corroded the UA gates; also claimed to be at the same place as Todoroki during the USJ invasion, even though he froze everything around him the moment he arrived, and she was unscathed) or Kaminari (pretty big theory regarding him and his actions).

The problem is she along with Jirou were hurt pretty badly and were hospitialized due to Mustard's gas. You'd think if she were working with the villains she'd know not to be anywhere close to where Mustard was going to attack. Would be a pretty stupid mistake to make. I always felt the camp arc proved both Aoyama and Hagakure were not the traitors/

#10 Kurapika

Kurapika

Master Aqua

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

so what do you think about my two theories that there is no real traitor it's just a villain using his/her quirk manipulating events?

I think it would be kinda odd to bring up a traitor subplot then have no real payoff/lasting effects of dealing with a real traitor.

#11 number21

number21

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationWhy don't you find me?

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

Not sure to be honest but I would like it to be Kaminari.

#12 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

With Gran Torino missing the call in the "Eri retrivial" mission, I am quite sure he is the traitor.

Stain vs Deku/Todoroki/lida (Gran Torino was present)

All Might vs AfO (surprise he was present!)

But that leaves the league ambush at in the forrest.

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#13 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

With Gran Torino missing the call in the "Eri retrivial" mission, I am quite sure he is the traitor.

Stain vs Deku/Todoroki/lida (Gran Torino was present)

All Might vs AfO (surprise he was present!)

But that leaves the league ambush at in the forrest.

I've been thinking about GT being the traitor too, but then what reason would he have to train AM or even tag along to stop the League before fighting AFO? 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#14 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

I've been thinking about GT being the traitor too, but then what reason would he have to train AM or even tag along to stop the League before fighting AFO?

Probably leading AM into a fight against AFO to expose him and end his era, why was he the first to floow AM at that time? Was it just to let the other heroes in the blue thinking AM was safe with GT?

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#15 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

why was he the first to floow AM at that time? 

I don't quite understand what you mean here.

But think about it - AFO even used Gran Torino as a shield at one point. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#16 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

I don't quite understand what you mean here.

But think about it - AFO even used Gran Torino as a shield at one point.

Oh, I meant to right Follow instead of floow

Yeah he did, would there have been an ulterior motive to get use as a shield tho? I doubt that myself.
  • eemo23 likes this

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#17 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:50 PM

this traitor talk always confuses me

gran torino didn't know about the forrest training to have informed the VA

kami doesn't know about this mission to inform on anyone

but why are they suspects

EDIT: I think it's that freaky fucking frog girl

Edited by Red Opus, 27 May 2017 - 10:51 PM.

#18 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

this traitor talk always confuses me

gran torino didn't know about the forrest training to have informed the VA
kami doesn't know about this mission to inform on anyone
but why are they suspects

EDIT: I think it's that freaky fucking frog girl

The villains needed to be told about the forest training place, that's for sure.

But the mafia people aren't necessarily in a situation where we can say they knew what the heroes were doing. They might be the average "always ready for an scape" villains. In fact, the fact that the boss is making his subordinate win time to scape makes me think they didn't know they were coming, just that they are well prepared and saw the huge police squad coming from some streets before (not difficult at all).

So there's no need for the traitor to know about this mission imo, as it can be fairly explained without anyone informing the mafia, the boss trying to win time to scape makes me think he actually didn't know about the plan, and last but not least, the traitor seems to be in cahoots with the league of villain, so no need to ve informing the mafia, so it makes sense to me.

Finally, the traitor doesn't necessarily need to be informed of the mission, he could be someone from the UA spying on other peoples conversations

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#19 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

The villains needed to be told about the forest training place, that's for sure.

But the mafia people aren't necessarily in a situation where we can say they knew what the heroes were doing. They might be the average "always ready for an scape" villains. In fact, the fact that the boss is making his subordinate win time to scape makes me think they didn't know they were coming, just that they are well prepared and saw the huge police squad coming from some streets before (not difficult at all).

So there's no need for the traitor to know about this mission imo, as it can be fairly explained without anyone informing the mafia, the boss trying to win time to scape makes me think he actually didn't know about the plan, and last but not least, the traitor seems to be in cahoots with the league of villain, so no need to ve informing the mafia, so it makes sense to me.

Finally, the traitor doesn't necessarily need to be informed of the mission, he could be someone from the UA spying on other peoples conversations

But what's this talk about gran torino being a suspect

#20 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

But what's this talk about gran torino being a suspect

People here believe that Gran Torino could be a suspect because he is missing in this mission, and he knew about it, so he could be the one who informed the 8 precepts. At the same time, they think that Kaminari can no longer be a suspect because he didnt know about this mission.

But as I said, the 8 precepts don't look like they've been informed imo, they look more like a "always ready for an attack" group and taking into account what they are doing, it makes more sense, so the Gran Torino being the villain theory doesn't have any other argument appart from him not being here (which by the way, could be hinting the big surprise where we see that the 8 precepts actually have taken him as a hostage)

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users