• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

Made my character bio, obviously it might need tweaking.

Also I'd like to say that Stats and Traits might look neater before or after Fighting Style, Weapons & Equipment, Nen Type and Nen Abilities. I feel that Nen should be after Figthing Style since most of the combat is nen-based

17.jpg

#22 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

@Jekkusormi

I don't mind switching it around. It probably does make sense to tie it closer to personality and character's history. 

Edit: Okay, switched it around. 

#23 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:14 AM

I changed my traits.

Btw since we are adding weapons and such, how does combat work in this? Do we roll dice or PM eachother or what? Or are we fighting eachother at all and are fighting against NPCs?

Edited by Jekkusormi, 02 June 2017 - 03:15 AM.

17.jpg

#24 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

@Jekkusormi

Probably in the beginning you all will mostly be fighting NPCs and other things until the numbers thin out. So lets say during a stage of the exam I'll come up some scenarios and challenges and randomly pick which characters runs into them. Some would be easier than others. There will be NPCs who are stronger than any of the player characters running around so in those situations you'd need to run, come up with something extremely clever, or maybe need to work together with other players. Since you'd never win in a normal 1v1 fight against them. Also the player will have a fair bit of freedom to create their own challenges too if they want, like wanting your character to run into a a wild beast they have to fight or falling into some hazard or trap and try to get out of it. They can post how they want with that and I might add a bit here or there to make it more challenging or easier if I see a need. 

With PvP right now I am thinking that if the two players can come up with a scenario and outcome to the fight on their own then I'll let them fight and post how they want within reason, but if they want to fight but can't decide on an outcome then I'd step in and roll some dice to help decide it. So I'd roll to see who gets the first attack, then if they want to do a big attack I'd roll to see if the attack did a lot of damage or ended up missing, and it would go back and forth until someone lands 5 big hits. So something like that. PvP isn't as important early on so we can toy around and develop it when the need for it arises while the RP is going. 

• Blue22 and Jekkusormi like this

#25 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

Why are you guys still posting in here and not the OOC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users