#21 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:39 AM

@waleuska

Looks good, wale. I'll add the character. I might ask for a bit more detail on Ancient Beast when characters start using their nen more, maybe each of the 4 can also do 1 specific thing to go along with their main use, but we have time until we get to that point. 

#22 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:50 AM

@Shin — Yeah, I was actually thinking about giving him his own Hatsu later, but not for a long while anyway. I'd like to use some form of absorbing power, perhaps not the exact same as Pollution though, and then something like Pollution (in that it creates spores/poison gas) and then maybe something completely different or just those two.

#23 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:16 AM

I changed some of the nen stats around with the named advanced nen techniques. The edits I made are:

4. Can use the basic nen technique Gyo (will explain them more if needed)

5. Can use Hatsu now and the intermediate nen techniques Shu, Ko, Ken, and Ryu (only basic nen abilities from just the one aura type of the user)

6. Can use advanced nen techniques like In and En (will explain them more if needed)

#24 XTR3ME

XTR3ME

Kawaii Kutie From Hawaii

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:51 PM

Spoiler Seraphen(#117)

Edited by XTR3ME, 25 June 2017 - 05:31 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:13 PM

Nice, X. I'll add the character to the list. 

I'm probably going to get things moving now as I think I've given everyone enough time to flesh out their character. I'll @ everyone in a post in here when I update things. 

• Hyouzou and Blue22 like this

#26 XTR3ME

XTR3ME

Kawaii Kutie From Hawaii

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:39 AM

As long as I can beat up @waeluska , idc who wins :heehee:
Posted Image

#27 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

So...when we gettin' things started?

#28 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

@Blue22 working on the opening post now! So it should be posted later today. The plan is start the RP when you arrive at the Exam location. So a bit like when Gon and company arrived at that restaurant after being lead there by the navigators. They got sent down that elevator and then to the site where Beans gave each examine a # badge. It will be similar to that. 

I'm also working on a Info Cache that will have brief character summaries of a lot of the NPC character in the exam, as well as locations. I'll post that soon too and will add in more detail, like specific nen abilities and more detailed info but that isn't so important at the start. 

• Blue22 likes this

#29 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:57 PM

@XTR3ME 

@Blue22

@Hyouzou 

@waleuska 

@Jekkusormi 

@Jinx 

@Oben 

Okay, I opened the RP thread: https://onemangaforu...er-x-hunter-rp/

I basically just recounted the steps that you would go through to get to the exam site. In your opening post you can go through them the way you want. In your post you do need to interact with Beans and let him give you a number badge for the Exam. I can give you a random number if you aren't sure if you'd like a small or a high one. I'm thinking there are going to be about 700+ here at the start. So that gives you an idea of the numbers you can have.

Also I included a date at the top, Jan. 7th, basically just showing that you left for the Exam at the start of the year on Jan. 1st and have been traveling for about a week to get to the city. Feel free to include anything extra that might have happened to your character during that time, but that is optional. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. 

Oh, and I do plan on lowering the total number of stats you can have from 30 to 25. So please adjust your character. I'm going to give everyone a free stat point to use after each of the exam stages, so you should build your character back up quickly. 

#30 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

@XTR3ME — I noticed you've got 26 points, should be 25. Also, one of your powers is called Fauna (which kinda means animal) but controls trees and plants (which is Flora), don't know if this was intentional or not.

#31 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

Welp. My opening post ended up being longer than I had originally planned. My bad, folks :P

#32 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:10 AM

I'll try to find some time today to write my post since I'm going into woods to spend Midsummer fest. I should be able to write from there too but since I'm going to be wasted pretty much whole weekend, something might happen to my phone so... ^^ So IF something happens to my phone and I'm too busy to post today, my post might get delayed until somewhere next week

Edited by Jekkusormi, 21 June 2017 - 02:11 AM.

17.jpg

#33 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

Like everyone's posts so far. The little addition @Blue22 made to the bookstore lady was fun to see, lol. Feel free to do more of that with bit characters I randomly introduce. Also like that some used Tompa too. I actually planed on adding him to the RP and he is included in the NPC characters I'm working on.

Also I do like adding a few pics and images to my posts sometimes, so I hope no one minds me doing that. I'll try to keep the images pretty small as I know too many images on one page can cause problems for people who are on mobile or something. The big group image is probably as big as I'll use. Always liked that page from the manga and wanted to use it again. Obviously ignore Hisoka in it, haha. 

My next post is going to be introducing some of the NPC characters before kicking off the first stage. So I might have you post a bit more with you all waiting in one place. Since all the players are together feel free to interact with each other, with one of the NPCs I introduce (I might actually have one of them interact with you in my post), or you can create a new character for your character to interact with if you had something more specific in mind like @Hyouzou did. There are 700+ examinees together in the tunnel, so you have some room to create some new characters to use and play around with for now that you think would be interesting. No guarantee that I'll keep them alive though. 

@Jekkusormi That is fine. If you are gone for a little while you can just write a catch up post when you get back. The first few stages aren't too demanding and are there to get people in the flow of posting.

• Jekkusormi likes this

#34 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:05 AM

Sorry for the delay in posting. My post will be up later today and I'll introduce the bulk of the NPC characters. Some of them I'll set up them interacting directly with some of the players, and others I'll set up a few situations where you can choose to involve yourself. 

#35 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

Okay, finally posted an update. It might seem a little messy as I was trying to figure out how I should post everything. Sorry about that. I just tried to set up a few situations that are going on in the tunnel and you can choose to go see what is going on with them, create your own situations, or just try and keep to yourself. Basically how would your character react to what is going on. Although Tompa should come up to you all since you are rookies. Although he might not want to interact with @Hyouzou character given his intimidating appearance, haha. 

I have other characters I am working on, but those seem like enough NPCs for now. My post was already super long and the others can wait. Plus I didn't want to add too many pics. I also tried to add some stat checks in the bold parentheses part of the paragraphs to help give you an idea of how your character might fair in those situations with those NPCs. I might set it up differently in the future but I was just experimenting with it here to see how it goes. If any of it doesn't make sense or if you are unsure how those NPCs would behave if you try and do something just let me know and I can go into more detail. 

Also it might be a good idea to add your Exam # to the character sheets if you want too. 

• Blue22 likes this

#36 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

On vacation so I may not be able to post for a few days. But I'm already looking forward to Zane's interaction with Tonpa XD

#37 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

Back from vacation, will post in a few days. Bought like ten HxH books because they cost literally 10% of what they do where I live.

• Shin likes this

#38 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Nice! Everyone has been busy the past week I guess because of the holiday a while back on the 4th, in the states at least. I might just go ahead an post a bit more myself instead of waiting for others. 

#39 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:03 AM

Yeah, maybe the little interactions while waiting is too little content to make a response to. I could do it, I feel like my character could be curious and approach someone, but I don't think every player can.

#40 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

Sorry about the long silence. If I don't post anything tonight then expect one tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users