Photo

Danganronpa: The Academy of Hope and the High School Students of Despair (Clubhouse Anime Group Watch #4)

Anime

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Danganronpa: The Academy of Hope and the High School Students of Despair (Clubhouse Anime Group Watch #4) (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Which anime should we watch next?

1. Shinsekai Yori (5 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. Ghost Hunt (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Steins;Gate (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (2 votes [11.11%])

5. Gunslinger Girl (1 votes [5.56%])

6. AnoHana (1 votes [5.56%])

7. Spice and Wolf (1 votes [5.56%])

8. Another (1 votes [5.56%])

9. Katanagatari (2 votes [11.11%])

10. Monster (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. Some other anime not listed (Nominate it in the clubhouse thread) (2 votes [11.11%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:19 PM

I was kinda spoiled about the ending, because I watched this amv a bunch about half a year ago.

Spoiler

So when she died I thought, "that's weird, I could have sworn I saw more scences of her. ....oh."

So, did anyone who didn't know what happend suspected her as the mastermind before the last two episodes?

I think they should have spend a little more time on finding the evidence after a death. That felt weirdly short compared to the rest.

But it was nice series.

#42 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

Not gonna lie, I was TOTALLY caught off guard when I first watched this. Even the big hint with the photos (the one that practically gives the answer away) didn't set off any alarms in my head.

That's how its been for most trials in this series. The only time I knew, right off the bat, who the killer was was in the third trial.

Spoiler

I was even worse in the second game. I didnt guess a single one correctly lol (though I did manage to guess who a victim would be and when)

Edited by Blue22, 25 June 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#43 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:39 PM

I think they should have spend a little more time on finding the evidence after a death. That felt weirdly short compared to the rest.
But it was nice series.

Yeah while the investigations formed a core of the games they were almost nonexistent here but that was probably the best they could do with the amount of episodes they had.
The lack of insight into the characters probably hurts the series even more, it goes without saying that most of the cast is eccentric but when you get to know them in the game you see that there is a reason for why a lot of them are the way they are.

For instance the origin of Fukawa's low self esteem, persecution complex, and paranoia regarding friendship and romance are explained in the games when you spend time with her but it's not even touched upon in the anime. Similarly Byakuya's past sheds light on his extreme superiority complex and why he's super competitive and driven to win at all costs. It doesn't make them more likeable characters and indeed Byakuya is much much more of a jerk in the game and Fukawa is revealed to have been killing people from a young age so some of her victims are elementary and middle school children but it makes them less flat and more interesting than they come across here.

So, did anyone who didn't know what happend suspected her as the mastermind before the last two episodes?

I played the game first but I did figure it out before the last trial began; I can't tell if I would have figured it out if I watched the anime first but in the game the evidence is pretty blatant...

1.When Monokuma said that the only living people in the Academy since the start of the game were the sixteen students it was obvious that the mastermind had to be one of the students.

2. The BioLab which was being used as a morgue only had nine bodies when there was supposed to have been ten deaths at that point. This fact combined with the above means that someone we think is dead is actually alive.

3. After watching the ten deaths over and over in the event gallery only Junko's and Mukuro's stood out as suspucious since they were the only ones outside the normal flow of the game, especially the latter and it was actually a required part of six investigation.

4. In the Monokuma Files Mukuro's body is stated to have numerous wounds all over her body that occured at an "earlier time" from when the body was discovered in chapter five.

5. Mukuro's student profile states that on her medical exam during enrollment she was shown to have never recieved a single wound or scar in her life despite her life as a soldier meaning she didn't come to the academy with those wounds.

6. The measurements for Mukuro's corpse is brought up a few times during the investigation and in the game each student has a report card that gives among other things their measurements, if you compare it with each character it matches up with Junko Enoshima's perfectly. In addition the numerous wounds match up with how Junko died from spears in every direction and the fake red nails also match Junko's own.

7. At this point it would seem like Mukuro is the mastermind and used Junko's body to fake her death but the Fenir tattoo proves that the dead body is actually hers and by process of elimination that means Junko is the one that is alive and thus the mastermind.

I think it's harder to put things together from the anime because of the way it's presented but in the game most of the above evidence gets brought up enough times during the sixth chapter that I would be surprised if anybody went into the final trial without at least suspecting Junko.

The amnesia reveal was pretty obvious if not from the third then definitely the fourth chapter, I suspected it fairly early on it was pretty much comfirmed after the photo with Sayaka, Yamada, and Celeste, I didn't think it would be two years though. As far as them having volunteered to lock themselves in the school due to the tragedy going on outside, I didn't pick up on that despite the numerous clues hinting at it. 

For someone who took so much pride in their ability to lie, Celeste sure did suck at it.

I actually don't think her plan failing was mainly the result of her being a bad liar, as she said her choice of accomplice hurt her more than anything.

Yamada created a suit that not only could Hagakure not have gotten into or out of on his own but was actually impossible for him to pull off the crime he's being framed for in.
He screwed up his faked death by overdoing the blood on his face creating the need to clean his glasses and making it obvious that he moved his own body and logically Ishimaru's as well. When I first played the game, finding Yamada's bloody glasses cloth in the trash was when I pretty much figured out the entire case.
Also as you pointed out with his dying breath called out Celeste's real name which would have been revealed at some point once everyone's electronic ID's were checked since it was pre-programmed to show their real names.

I think the fact that she's able to live as a false identity 24/7 is supposed to be evidence of her ability to lie...at least to herself.

I was even worse in the second game. I didnt guess a single one correctly lol

I was the same with the second game, especially during the later trials I was way off.

• Insane Soul and Candles like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#44 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

That ending tho...

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#45 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Ethics? What are those!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,472 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:04 PM

The game also gives a foreshadowing of the Mukuro reveal, as 'Junko' was killed by the spears of Gungnir, a weapon used to kill Fenrir in Mythology, which was the same name of Mukuro's Group.

One thing the game did (always does anyway) better, is the last Final Discussion against Junko, in the anime it felt like the "CHOICE" wasn't that serious because Naegi just casually said "It will be fine" to everyone and people just went from "ZETSUBOU" to "HAPPY ENDING" pretty easily, at least in the game it was more impactful:

https://youtu.be/zxIkJcesD-c

As for the ending, well this game (or anime in this case) as I always like to call it, is the setup of the Franchise. Things start to get better with the second game, here is the cinematic opening for those interested 

Man I need to replay this assap

Edited by Insane Soul, 30 June 2017 - 08:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users