Photo

[Discussion] Narita Ryohgo's novel Can't Fear Your Own World featuring Hisagi Shuuhei

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,505 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

As you all know we have 2 Bleach novels post-ending (Kubo supervises them so all canon?) and the first ''WE DO knot ALWAYS LOVE YOU'' is already translated on tumblr by MissStormCaller, broken into 19 parts with part 1 here,  (Aizen-sama blesses her).

Now she also started translating the second novel, part 1 is here and it's on-going.

tumblr_inline_oow78h7Po81th4bzg_500.jpg

serialisation will commence every other week!! (referring to the Bleach app) Remaining mysteries will become clear…

Hisagi Shūhei, vice captain of squad 9 and editor-in-chief of the Seireitei communication, is the main character.

Rangiku: “wait a minute!! Why is Shūhei the main character!!

Shūhei: "it’s inevitable isn’t it?!! Even I would like to use Bankai!!”

An assassination attempt aimed at the four great noble clans. An unknown shinigami attacks the Quincy and the Arrancar that survived in Hueco Mundo. A rapidly growing, mysterious religious group in the Human World…The turmoil in each of the three realms of existence was rooted in the new head of the Tsunayashiro family, one of the four great noble clans. Apart from being a shinigami, Hisagi Shūhei approaches the case from a journalistic viewpoint. However, he does not yet know that he is trying to touch the fearful secrets of Soul Society itself…!!

Narita Ryohgo’s comment:

“Many scenes were based on directions I recieved from Mr.Kubo personally, I will do my best to be up to the task of extensively conveying the charm of Bleach even further!”

Credit to MissStormCaller

3 parts have been translated. I can't wait to see Shuuhei's bankai.

Spoiler

@DarkNemesis @Chillman @Saiyan5nine-tails @Ultrafragor @Krizalid @Grimmjagger @FongShwei69 @Kinky Deviance @secretzfan @Tale @Damanos @DaEvilWithin

• DarkNemesis, HAXIMUM PLOTKAI and Chillman like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#2 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

looks awful

:lol:  :lol:

Watch Shuuhei be shilled to unlikeability.

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#3 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

Thanks Fulmy, I'll read this asasp

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#4 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

Aizen did nothing wrong. 

• Fulmine, HAXIMUM PLOTKAI, KUROkami and 1 other like this

TwjBrPX.png

#5 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

Tosen did nothing wrong. This series is going to be so troll.
  • Fulmine, HAXIMUM PLOTKAI and Grimmjagger like this

#6 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:50 PM

Damnit, man. Can we get a OVA in this piece or what?

This novel is actually pretty good so far. I wasn't really all that interested in the last one. But we've learned so much. Ginjou, Ukitake, Tousen's friend, The top 3 of HM, the [new] Soul King. So much info. :aww:

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#7 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

Damnit, man. Can we get a OVA in this piece or what?This novel is actually pretty good so far. I wasn't really all that interested in the last one. But we've learned so much. Ginjou, Ukitake, Tousen's friend, The top 3 of HM, the [new] Soul King. So much info. :aww:

You weren't happy to hear that Chad conquered the ring?

#8 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

You weren't happy to hear that Chad conquered the ring?

Chad conquered not just the air, but the ground as well. He was already at the pinnacle of success. The ring is just sprinkles on an already bomb-ass cake.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#9 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,505 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:26 PM

I wonder what the Tsunayashiro family have been doing...

And yes, Aizen-sama is Overman. @Episteme is proud.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#10 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

I've already been getting this information over on Bleach Asylum.

If you want to know what the new Tsunayashiro family head has done, he was the husband of Tousen's friends, and he massacred the main branch of the Tsunayashiro Noble House to become the family head.  Oh, and he also stole a special Zanpakuto from the Soul King Palace during the invasion.

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#11 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

I've already been getting this information over on Bleach Asylum.

If you want to know what the new Tsunayashiro family head has done, he was the husband of Tousen's friends, and he massacred the main branch of the Tsunayashiro Noble House to become the family head.  Oh, and he also stole a special Zanpakuto from the Soul King Palace during the invasion.

:hmm: Did you read the MissStormCaller translations like the rest of us?

Spoiler

#12 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:37 AM

Ugh.

Previous Narita novels were full of bs, it was a fat fanfiction which recycled some canon stuff without making any sense.

Now, these novels will be better if they are really supervised by Kubo; name of the 4th house is may be true, Hisagi's bankai information will be mostly canon etc. But I think I will skip all the events and most of the information as well.

I really want the manga back. Original authors are cool, secondary writers are lame.

#13 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

Ugh.

Haters gonna hate.

Previous Narita novels were full of bs, it was a fat fanfiction which recycled some canon stuff without making any sense.

You read the whole thing in the original japanese? Both of them?

Now, these novels will be better if they are really supervised by Kubo; name of the 4th house is may be true, Hisagi's bankai information will be mostly canon etc. But I think I will skip all the events and most of the information as well.

See the first response :lol:

I really want the manga back. Original authors are cool, secondary writers are lame.

Everyone wants the manga back. But what can you do? :shrug:
  • Chillman likes this

Spoiler

#14 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

Watch Shuuhei be shilled to unlikeability.

The RE novels did the same thing to Rebecca's character (or so I hear).

In either case, I'm not interested. I didn't like the idea of Hisagi achieving bankai (or Rukia, for that matter) and knowing Narita's writing this one too makes me apprehensive. So I'll stick with the manga portrayal of Hisagi, that way I can still like him.

#15 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

So I'll stick with the manga portrayal of Hisagi, that way I can still like him.

"I'm scared of myself" Hisagi? What's there to like?

Spoiler

#16 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

"I'm scared of myself" Hisagi? What's there to like?

You mean, besides being one of the most diverse and tactical characters in the series - without the need for a bankai?

Well, he's no Grimmjow, but he's still kinda cool and he's one of the few characters that actually knew how to do his job. For that last bit, I'm not talking about winning fights. What I mean is, Hisagi's level-headed and took his job seriously, instead @ssing around like most other characters did. The guy had his head on straight. It didn't mean he was perfect and he got his *** beat more than a few times, but it was never because he was loafing on the job, or goofing off (i.e. Zaraki, Ikkaku, Ukitake, etc.).

#17 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

You mean, besides being one of the most diverse and tactical characters in the series - without the need for a bankai?

Really? That guy? :hmm:

but it was never because he was loafing on the job, or goofing off (i.e. Zaraki, Ikkaku, Ukitake, etc.).

Ukitake didn't loaf. But point taken. He did do his job without unnecessary antics.

Spoiler

#18 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

Really? That guy? :hmm:

Yeah. Take his use of kidô for example: he showed he could use hadô in tandem with his shikai (after lassoing Ayllon with it). It took the guesswork out of aiming the spell and effectively turned Kazeshini into a tazer. Prior to that, we saw him use a flashbang to blind Findor, then follow-up by pinning him with a lv.61 bakudô and immediately went for the kill afterward. It was practically a trap card combo.

Not to mention, killing Tousen by planting his zanpakuto in his skull, then releasing his shikai directly inside the wound to maximize the damage. The man was tactical genius. People often assume being called a "genuis" means complex planning, but Hisagi understood that a plan only needs to work.

#19 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

The RE novels did the same thing to Rebecca's character (or so I hear).

who is Rebecca??

RE???

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#20 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

who is Rebecca??

RE???

Spoiler

Edited by FongShwei69, 10 June 2017 - 11:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users