Photo

[Discussion] Narita Ryohgo's novel Can't Fear Your Own World featuring Hisagi Shuuhei

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#221 Orikushinu

Orikushinu

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:33 PM

Spread the gospel, good sir

This new content is  :choc:

#222 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,320 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:18 AM

This new content is  :choc:

I thought there was new, new content. :(

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#223 Orikushinu

Orikushinu

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:27 AM

I thought there was new, new content. :(

No..only new content for Lurkers like myself who haven’t kept up with series related news since they announced the live action movie. Sorry to disappoint!

#224 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:19 AM

Official Viz release 2020:

EGC44wRXUAEW40S.png

• Fulmine, RhyssaFireheart and Chillman like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#225 WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:25 AM

Oh my God this place still exists.

Oh my God my account still exists.

Blows my mind Bleach is still getting new content. And that content is getting localized in English.

• Abaroxa likes this

"Sometimes it's cool to commit crimes."

seriously go read Kingdom

and listen to Andrew WK

Umbasa

#226 Deathkingdome

Deathkingdome

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
  • LocationViking Nation

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:23 AM

Oh my God this place still exists.

Oh my God my account still exists.

Blows my mind Bleach is still getting new content. And that content is getting localized in English.

:lol: I was surprised to see your post. I barely log in here, but the new Bleach content is fire. 

#227 WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:39 AM

:lol: I was surprised to see your post. I barely log in here, but the new Bleach content is fire. 

I've noticed the place is pretty sparse these days, but just looking around, I'm surprised at how many people from even back at the old forum are still around. Made me a little nostalgic.

Anyway, yeah. I was keeping up with the novels as they were getting translated over on Reddit. Definitely solid. Some choices were a little funny to me, like the Ginjo hype and Hisagi basically becoming unkillable. But I always liked Ginjo and Hisagi so I won't complain.

• Deathkingdome likes this

and listen to Andrew WK

Umbasa

#228 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:06 PM

Shame Kubo isnt doing anything new from what I hear. There's legitimately hype for Bleach still. You look at the book, the mobile game doing well, and those bleach related videos that have millions of views and are quite recent as well.

For what it was worth, Bleach certainly touched the industry and a lot of people.

#229 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:41 AM

https://youtu.be/HArb9H1Blkc

#230 WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:01 AM

There are some issues with this video.

1. He says that there's nothing in the manga canon that contradicts the events of the novels. Kenpachi's source of power is directly contradicted by the manga. In SAFWY, Kenpachi temporarily powers up to match the power of a strong opponent. That's how the whole novel is able to resolve, and it straight up doesn't work that way in the manga. In the manga, Kenpachi's source of power is more akin to DBZ zenkais, and they're permanent. It's why Unohana had to reduce him to a skeleton over and over again. He couldn't just draw upon power inside himself if the opponent was strong enough, otherwise he wouldn't have two losses under his belt prior to his training in Muken, with one of them being a total curb stomp. Additionally, there'd be no real reason to ever have to train him, and there's no reason he'd accept that training.
  2. He says that Kubo oversaw SAFWY and CFYOW. Kubo got to okay what happened in SAFWY, but he was only directly involved in CFYOW.

There's no reason to not accept what happened in CFYOW as canon, but SAFWY is a lot hazier. I think the people involved(Obviously, as some of them come up again in CFYOW) and some of the concepts introduced in SAFWY are canon, but that Azashiro broke out of Muken, attacked Soul Society and was defeated by Kenpachi(And all of the other nonsense with the Arrancar)? Nah, I don't think those events are strictly canon as SAFWY presented them.

Edited by WaffleCopter, 26 January 2020 - 01:07 AM.

and listen to Andrew WK

Umbasa

#231 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:44 PM

Kenpachi's source of power is more akin to DBZ zenkais, and they're permanent. It's why Unohana had to reduce him to a skeleton over and over again. He couldn't just draw upon power inside himself if the opponent was strong enough, otherwise he wouldn't have two losses under his belt prior to his training in Muken, with one of them being a total curb stomp

He can, he just needs time, and Bach probably 1-shoted him. So no time to match it. Thing is Kenpachi has his natural limit, he is not limitless.

#232 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:33 PM

I think the "time to match it" was just the novels authors educated guess as to how Kenpachi works. Which was a pretty good guess at the time. He just confused how the matching works. I personally like the Canon explanation more because temporarily matching an opponents strengths feels like just hax as opposed to real strength, which should be what Kenpachi is all about.

#233 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,320 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:21 PM

I hope there's a canon novel or OVA about the Original 13. Because I still don't understand how or what the hell Unohana's bankai works.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#234 WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:11 AM

He can, he just needs time, and Bach probably 1-shoted him. So no time to match it. Thing is Kenpachi has his natural limit, he is not limitless.

But the same thing happens in SAFWY.

Kenpachi takes a hit that more or less takes out the rest of the Gotei, and then powers up to fight Azashiro. If Kenpachi in the manga worked like Kenpachi in that novel, then Kenpachi, one of the special war potentials that was considered a threat to Ywhach, should have been able to put up a fight. At least a little bit.

And I'll reiterate, if it worked like that, why would Kenpachi need to be trained, and why on earth would he ever agree to training?

Shunsui: Hey Kenpachi, we're going to train you.

Kenpachi: No.

Shunsui: But you'll permanently become so strong that you will probably never ever find somebody satisfying to fight against ever again, unlike now, where you're pretty weak at base and then just power up to always have a satisfying fight!

Kenpahci: Well okay, you've convinced me!

Does that sound like Kenpachi to you?

Edited by WaffleCopter, 27 January 2020 - 01:12 AM.

and listen to Andrew WK

Umbasa

#235 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:43 AM

Shunsui: But you'll permanently become so strong

Thing is that Kenpachi was that strong to begin with.

He nerfed himself. As a kid he owned strongest shinigami. So Unohana got him back to a level above her, was that Kenpachi's peak or just a maximum that Unohana could restore, we don't know.

• Chillman likes this

#236 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:49 AM

And that’s largely strength and skill. That’s not including his zanpaktou and Bankai.

#237 WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:52 AM

Thing is that Kenpachi was that strong to begin with.

He nerfed himself. As a kid he owned strongest shinigami. So Unohana got him back to a level above her, was that Kenpachi's peak or just a maximum that Unohana could restore, we don't know.

That has... next to no relevance to what I way saying.

and listen to Andrew WK

Umbasa

#238 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:16 AM

My man, give it a rest already. This novel triggered people something fierce if it makes you give a shit about it after all those years. Time to move on dontcha think?

#239 Peleihno

Peleihno

Black Lives Matter

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:49 AM

Certainly more interesting than the final arc.

Edited by Peleihno, 24 May 2020 - 11:49 AM.

• Buster likes this
Spoiler Fun Posts

[INSERT SUPER DUPER AWESOME SIG!]

#240 Buster

Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:08 AM

Definetly this novel filled in many gaps.

FZ9Fjl.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users