Photo

[Discussion] Narita Ryohgo's novel Can't Fear Your Own World featuring Hisagi Shuuhei

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:04 AM

So how many unrevealed bankai (munus Hisagi's) do we have left?

Shinji's, Love's, Ukitake's, Aizen's, Yoruichi's, Isshin's, Ginrei's (Byakuya's grandpa), the rest of Zero Division (hell, they don't even have shikai revealed LOL), Zaraki and Unohana's still need explanation what they really do. So 13 (basically a whole new Gotei 13 LOL) in total. Also there are still those original, first-generation Gotei 13 captains (5 of which are of course Yamaji, Unohana, Ichibei, Nimaiya and Kirinji so at most 8 others left).

Kubo can still milk with more novels I guess. And then there is West Branch in the one-shot Burn The Witch hahaha

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#42 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

Shinji's, Love's, Ukitake's, Aizen's, Yoruichi's, Isshin's, Ginrei's (Byakuya's grandpa), the rest of Zero Division (hell, they don't even have shikai revealed LOL), Zaraki and Unohana's still need explanation what they really do. So 13 (basically a whole new Gotei 13 LOL) in total. Also there are still those original, first-generation Gotei 13 captains (5 of which are of course Yamaji, Unohana, Ichibei, Nimaiya and Kirinji so at most 8 others left).

Kubo can still milk with more novels I guess. And then there is West Branch in the one-shot Burn The Witch hahaha

I really wonder what Aizens would be. His shikai is already cheap af

#43 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:24 PM

For those wondering how some of these novel characters would look like in action, Klab games have announced yesterday that they plan on adapting novel characters (and novel exclusive powers, such as Shinjis bankai) into their Bleach Brave Souls Mobile game.

I wholeheartedly recommend the game. It's a timesink for sure, but it's also the most faithful Bleach game there is.
  • Fulmine likes this

#44 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:58 PM

I really wonder what Aizens would be. His shikai is already cheap af

I think it will control even reiatsu sense. Which means some of Shunsui's game would be useless (if he is not LOLReiatsu'd).

We know that bankai and shikai do not always have to have a large difference. Hitsugaya's bankai proves that. So Aizen's bankai doesn't have to be much stronger than his shikai.

It's a timesink for sure

Isn't it just hack and slash?

#45 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:29 AM

Isn't it just hack and slash?

Well, basically, but there's lots of grinding for leveling your characters and acquiring resources.

#46 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:31 AM

Whoever still on this forum that I can think of... @Tale @DaEvilWithin @Chillman @Revenant @KUROkami @FongShwei69 @Krizalid @JDG973 @DarkNemesis @ddboy102 @Ajh77  @Damanos @masterbio @Scorpion2k4u @captain kidd @Saiyan5nine-tails  @ArSoNiSt JoE @D.Hyuga @Giru @waleuska @Oben @Blue22 @Red Opus @Raiden @Narubi

Shinji's bankai has been revealed in the novel. Well, its name at least and apparently he's banned from using it, presumably by SS, because it's too ''powerful'' (clearly there has to be a context here for powerful) like it affects allies like Shunsui's bankai...only worse...

Sakasama Yokoshima Happō/Hatsubou Fusagari (逆様邪八宝塞, Reversed Evil Eight Treasure Barrier/Blockade or Eight Sealed Treasures of Malevolent Reversal). As always, there's some mythology in there...

Reddit link

Edited by Fulmine, 28 October 2018 - 12:41 AM.

• DaEvilWithin, ArSoNiSt JoE, Oben and 5 others like this

#47 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:54 AM

Oh this is interesting, thank you fullmine

#48 ArSoNiSt JoE

ArSoNiSt JoE

LOOK AT ME KING!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

User's Awards

3    4    4   

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:19 AM

Yeah, we never really got to see Shinji's bankai now that I remember. Hm, so it's powers is basically reversal period? I'm going to assume that it fucks with time itself somehow, would explain why Shinji is banned, manipulating time is can get really broken quick

241sbad.jpg

ArSoNiSt JoE's Finest Work:

Spoiler Parodies

Epic stuff from other OMF posters:

#49 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:43 AM

Thanks Fulmine!!

Shinji was always one of my 4 favourite characters, and his bankai has been something that I've been curious about for really a long time, especially because he didn't use it against Aizen, not even when he was mind-controlled.

I remember that given his Shikai there were always a lot of speculations about his bankai being related to time somehow, so this makes sense. Still, I would've loved to see it being used in an actually fight, for example against Bach, since one could predict the future and the other one reverse it. But I guess Kubo just didn't have it in him to continue with a fight like this :s

Still still! He kept his zanpakutou when he became a Vizard! Was his bankai permanently sealed??

• Raiden and Blackody like this

#50 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:02 AM

I suppose it's possible C46 put a seal of some kind on his bankai. They are a bunch of cowards after all. Didn't dare to teach Zaraki's zanjutsu and they ordered execution on the Visored cause they probably didn't want any risk of having hollowfied shinigami in SS.

I suppose its reversal power is really really bad and its range is really huge so if Shinji is not careful, even if he can save himself he might affect someone fighting somewhere else and kill them. I mean imagine being caught up in Shunsui's bankai's range, when you're so close to kill your enemy, his bankai suddenly gives you the same injuries and an incurable disease and drown in water LOL

Edited by Fulmine, 27 October 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#51 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:15 AM

Whoever still on this forum that I can think of... @Tale @DaEvilWithin @Chillman @Revenant @KUROkami @FongShwei69 @Krizalid @JDG973 @DarkNemesis @ddboy102 @Ajh77  @Damanos @masterbio @Scorpion2k4u @captain kidd @Saiyan5nine-tails  @ArSoNiSt JoE @D.Hyuga @Giru @waleuska @Oben @Blue22 @Red Opus @Raiden

Shinji's bankai has been revealed in the novel. Well, its name at least and apparently he's banned from using it, presumably by SS, because it's too ''powerful'' (clearly there has to be a context here for powerful) like it affects allies like Shunsui's bankai...only worse...

Sakasama Yokoshima Happō/Hatsubou Fusagari (逆様邪八宝塞, Reversed Evil Eight Treasure Barrier/Blockade or Eight Sealed Treasures of Malevolent Reversal). As always, there's some mythology in there...

Reddit link

Well that's dumb. What's the point in giving your characters these powers when:

1. We don't get to see them

and

2. They aren't allowed to use them

Edited by Blue22, 27 October 2018 - 11:07 AM.

• ArSoNiSt JoE and Raiden like this

#52 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

Well that's dumb. What's the point in giving your characters these powers when:

1. We don't see get to see them

and

2. They aren't allowed to use them

Let keep the hope for some anime or OVA or one-shot LOL

#53 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:43 AM

@Fulmine @Blue22

Damn . Reading this reallly makes me miss Bleach and regretting that the ending was so rushed . The story really could of gone on for a longer period . Hopefully I’ll get to use his hax Bankai in a future video game or something

Edited by KUROkami, 27 October 2018 - 11:44 AM.

• Blue22 and Blackody like this

#54 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, Brave Souls. A mobile game.

#55 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, Brave Souls. A mobile game.

Not going to lie , I hate mobile games lol so I still have to wait

#56 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:49 PM

I read that this Bankai kinda confirms Spirits are Always with You as canon, because Shinjis Bankai is compared to the 7th Kenpachis.

#57 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:15 PM

I read that this Bankai kinda confirms Spirits are Always with You as canon, because Shinjis Bankai is compared to the 7th Kenpachis.

I need to read these novels because I looked that kenpachi up and he sounds pretty OP AF

#58 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:57 PM

Shinji I know would stop abiding to SS's bullshit limitations and would simply use his Bankai to save everyone when he remained as the last one standing in the TBTP arc. Thats the kind of person he is.

I think I just want to isolate myself from all these novel bs. I know I'll be missing some canon information; but at least I will not be getting the crap that comes out of Narita's pen which is 50 times of that. 

I need to read these novels because I looked that kenpachi up and he sounds pretty OP AF

I remember those novels. They were published when the manga was not cancelled, and they couldnt include any info that wasn't included in manga or databooks because the writer wasn't being supervised by Kubo himself. It was just everything we already know, rehashed and reused with some new characters included. In this sense, they were just like movies. Useless and non-canon.

Edited by Krizalid, 27 October 2018 - 02:58 PM.

• Blackody likes this

#59 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:40 AM

Shinji I know would stop abiding to SS's bullshit limitations and would simply use his Bankai to save everyone when he remained as the last one standing in the TBTP arc. Thats the kind of person he is.

How do you know he could perform bankai in that condition? Or SS didn't place some sort of limitation on him? Not to mention depends on its ability's nature it may not be useful in that situation at all haha

and they couldnt include any info that wasn't included in manga or databooks because the writer wasn't being supervised by Kubo himself. It was just everything we already know, rehashed and reused with some new characters included. In this sense, they were just like movies. Useless and non-canon.

But they did. The 7th and 8th Kenpachi are relatively significant characters and not just some canon fodder you can discard. Also Kubo wrote a heart-felt letter praising how Narita fiured out the level-4 secret that is Zaraki's true strength. So while there's no direct confirmation from Kubo's mouth like ''this is canon'' it still has certain degree of legitimacy. In that sense it's not useless. You just don't like the new info. :shrug:

Edited by Fulmine, 28 October 2018 - 12:42 AM.

• Chillman likes this

#60 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:07 AM

Shunsui also didn't use bankai against Aizen. Neither did the other Vizards (Kensei got off paneled). Same with Yamamoto.

@Krizalid You need to accept that Bleach won't have all of its story told in the manga. Narita gets along well with Kubo, and manga writers aren't as picky about keeping all of their lore in a manga like Western audiences are. It's not an adaptation, but an epilogue.

• KUROkami likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users