Photo

[Discussion] Narita Ryohgo's novel Can't Fear Your Own World featuring Hisagi Shuuhei

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:46 PM

Shunsui also didn't use bankai against Aizen. Neither did the other Vizards (Kensei got off paneled). Same with Yamamoto.

@Krizalid You need to accept that Bleach won't have all of its story told in the manga. Narita gets along well with Kubo, and manga writers aren't as picky about keeping all of their lore in a manga like Western audiences are. It's not an adaptation, but an epilogue.

But against Aizen, Shunsui's bankai would do more harm than good no? With all the allies around and such.

And Yama's was sealed by Wonderweiss right?

But yeah, the other Vizards could've tried harder!!! Except Hyori, that got cut in half pretty early on...

Also, I really need to start picking up these novels I see

• KUROkami likes this

#62 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:28 AM

I don't really mind extra materials being told in other mediums. After all it's a way to keep expanding the verse as well as earning money for both the author and the ones doing the other mediums without to much work for the author, which is understandable for mangaka since their job is very stressful and hard (you can read Bakuman as well as Google-sama to get some idea how that life is). As long as there's a good reason why the extra materials are not necessary or not possible to be told in the main story.

From a reader's perspective I'd love to know everything about a verse I love and prefer if the author can pull everything off, that would be best scenario. But if the story is told through certain point of view or certain purpose then it's obvious some info is not known or not important. Like Isane's Zanpakutou's ability for example. I'd love to know what it does. But she never needed to use it so...it's also not very important so logically Kubo can omitted it. Revealing it through mobile game is a good way.

Shunsui's bankai would do more harm than good no? With all the allies around and such.

Actually Aizen solo'ed them all and only he inflicted wounds on others LOL Prior to that only Shinji hurt him so if Shunsui activated bankai at best only Shinji got caught in it. Maybe there's some untold bromance between Shinji and Shunsui that we don't know about :lolxg:

Hell, if Shunsui's bankai has a time limit in terms of how long the period between the wound being inflicted and the bankai being activated then Shunsui should have activated it right after Aizen stomped Komamura or something...just gave the others some head-up

And Yama's was sealed by Wonderweiss right?

That was after he tried to sacrifice himself with Aizen. Ergo, no, he never intended to use bankai to begin with but opted to burn himself and Aizen with those pillars of fire from his shikai.

PlasmaWolf used to write a big theory about why the captains didn't use bankai vs Aizen though. You could find it in archive. It's pretty well-thought.

Rumor: volume 3 of the novel will be out on December 4th and Kubo will draw a sketch of Shinji's bankai. The bankai will also make its way to the mobile game Brave Souls so just wait for youtube video.

• Goddess Nike, Blackody, KUROkami and 1 other like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#63 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

I completely understand how some people might be willing to dismiss these novels as not canon. I myself don't really consider them canon, but not because I don't like the novels, but because from a consumers perspective it seems very wrong to make the fans have to buy extra material for them to get the whole story. I guess in this case it's not that bad because it's mostly substories that stand on their own, so the main story doesn't really suffer from their absence.

But these novels don't really interest me so much. I'm really only interested in following BLEACH if it's written by Kubo. It's his baby, at the end of the day.

#64 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:20 PM

Would have loved to see this in the manga but good to know. I always figured he had some ridiculous that could affect others hence why he never used it.

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#65 JDG973

JDG973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon....

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:25 AM

If Shinji's bankai is potentially so dangerous that it was specifically banned and he was still susceptible to Aizen's illusions, that could've been a disaster waiting to happen, so I could sorta see why. Still waiting for more details on Ginjou's backstory and how this new X-Cution group is tied to the main villain.
  • Goddess Nike likes this

mpGgikj.jpg

"...Enlightened people are and the rest are becoming. I'm becoming. I'm somewhere between violence and tranquility, or violence and something yet to be decided."

- Vic Sage

Spoiler *Under Construction*

#66 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 04 November 2018 - 12:47 PM

If Shinji's bankai is potentially so dangerous that it was specifically banned and he was still susceptible to Aizen's illusions, that could've been a disaster waiting to happen, so I could sorta see why. Still waiting for more details on Ginjou's backstory and how this new X-Cution group is tied to the main villain.

Oh damn I must of missed something , didn’t even realize there was a new X-Cution group

#67 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

Maybe Shinjis Bankai is just his shikai, but he DOESN'T tell the enemy what his power does.
  • Fulmine and Chillman like this

#68 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:31 PM

Maybe Shinjis Bankai is just his shikai, but he DOESN'T tell the enemy what his power does.

he can reverse even speech now so even if he explained most people wouldn't know haha Unless they can process it in their heads as fast

#69 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:50 PM

Well that's dumb. What's the point in giving your characters these powers when:
1. We don't get to see them
and
2. They aren't allowed to use them

Give 'Maken-ki!' a shot. It's like Bleach, except with three major differences:

1. The characters and their powers make sense (meaning, they're practical).
2. It has much better pacing and artwork.
3. It subverts the usual power levels bs, since weaker characters can still defeat characters more powerful than themselves if they're skilled enough. Or if they're smart.

#70 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:05 AM

I googled makenki and came up with a bunch of anime girls in underwear.

Were you making a joke?
  • Fulmine and Kid Frost like this

#71 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:28 AM

Were you making a joke?

Lmfaooo
  • KUROkami likes this

#72 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:38 AM

Honestly I would trade all of the novels, the live action movie, and all other side material to have the anime come back; especially since they would have a chance to expand on material that Kubo didn't get to due to seemingly being pushed out the door by Shueisha.

• Goddess Nike likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#73 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:48 AM

Lmfaooo

The hell!?

Edited by Krizalid, 13 November 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#74 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:20 PM

Were you making a joke?

I was referring to the manga. The anime adaptation butchered it and dumbed it down to almost nothing but fanservice. If you want proof, someone at TV Tropes categorized just how badly it deviated from the source material. Judging Maken-ki! by the anime would be as unfair as me dismissing Bleach just because Kubo likes drawing inflato boobs on his female characters, or by that one scene of Kon jerkihg off in Ichigo's body.

The manga for Maken-ki is heavily focused on character and plot progression, and has a fair bit of action. It's easy enough to find (search words: "read Maken-ki online"). I'll link to a few examples: example 1 example 2 example 3

Edited by FongShwei69, 13 November 2018 - 12:37 PM.

#75 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:24 PM

Butchered it? Sounds like they improved it.

#76 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:36 PM

Butchered it? Sounds like they improved it.

You prefer fanservice over plot?

note: All links fixed in previous post. Now you can see Maken-ki as its supposed to be.

#77 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:45 PM

Honestly I would trade all of the novels, the live action movie, and all other side material to have the anime come back; especially since they would have a chance to expand on material that Kubo didn't get to due to seemingly being pushed out the door by Shueisha.

Well, given there are several series that get anime long after they ended I think as popular as Bleach is some OVA might surface in the future. That said I hope it's not Studio Pierrot. They do a decent job, but I'd prefer like David Production or  A-1.

Still not sure why Shueisha wants to end Bleach so soon. They still ask Kubo to do one-shot and stuffs. And Bleach is still very popular...

#78 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:44 AM

Well if we're talking what studio we would like it would definitely be Madhouse, no questions.

#79 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:13 AM

Madhouse sometimes slip in their animation quality though but yeah, they are a good choice. Their art would suit Bleach. Pretty sure they are popular with western/international fans but in japan their budget and sales aren't that great.

David Production has been stellar with Jojo and Cells At Work. A-1, well, is A-1. Not only do they have good-sale anime, they belong to Aniplex which in turn belongs to Sony IIRC. So budget is never a problem. That said both studio's art styles aren't really Bleach-ish.

Bones would be good, too.

Ufotable would be the best LOL

#80 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

@Revenant

Do you play Brave Souls on smartphone and does it run smoothly? I plan to buy a new phone next month and will only play Brave Souls by then. But not sure if I should stick with iphone or buy an Android one from Chinese brands that have high specs and stuffs with lower price. Saw on reddit that Brave Souls is more compatible to iOS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users