• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3021 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

We've seen both in this chapter and a previous one in flashbacks that he can replicate plants too. His quirk really is just that OP.

I personally am fine with him getting powers from plants, since some plants are actually edible and are a food source.
  • Grimmjagger likes this

#22 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2055 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

I was actually gonna ask if he was able to produce chrystals or did my eyes deceive me. Apparently they work relatively fine

I had the same thought process. Then I saw that apart from crystals growing from Suneaters bird-leg itself, which didn't make sense as part of the villains powers, as the villain can only produce them on himself, I went back and saw the panel where Suneater appears to be eating a peace of crystal. It's on the bottom left panel of this page: the two little boxes inside the bottom-left panel appear to be a) suneater and some crystals flying and B) he moves and eats one (you can see a spark-like drawing representing him closing his mouth fast). This together with the villain saying "Impossible, my crystallization..." and Suneater answering "That's right" next page while showing a bird foot with crystals in it made me see it clearly.

Really? To me, the crystals on that guy's armour didn't look like the type of thing Amaki could eat.

I thought that Amaki's powers came from the food that he consumes, which is from animals rather than inorganic materials like crystals.

Tbh, I don't get why Amaki didn't try to use swordfish to cut through that guy's armour to try to take him out.

He apparently ate a flying peace of a crystal, as I explained in the answer above. 

Well, I also thought he would use the swordfish, but to be honest is more clever to use the crystal once we know he can do it. Who knows if the swordfish is enough to beat those crystals. But on the other hand, using the same material as your villain is using should give you enough protection. I think it was the most wise move, and that maybe even Horikoshi was trying to make us think the swordfish power was going to be used to deceive us more and be more surprised with it...? I don't know. But I guess/hope the swordfish power will play a role later.

agreed. I really thought his armoring was an implication of the scales of a fish or something he ate. I don't think or hope it was from that bad guys power

His previous armoring was an implication of the food he ate, but his last move/defense was just exactly the crystal from the villain (i'm explaining in case you didn't realize I wasn't saying every armor in this chapter was due to the crystals).

But I don't really get what's your problem with this. I mean, is not a power up. It's not like he can copy quirks. It's literally the same we knew: he can reproduce anything he eats on his body, just that now we know it can be inorganic. It's not that overpowered in my opinion, and after hearing from Fatgum that his quirk was stronger than many Pro's... it makes so much sense to me. But don't get upset with him copying powers, it was just that this villains power was to produce a material on his body, and Suneater produces anything he eats on his body, so he just used the same trick.

• Raiden, Ajh77, Tale and 1 other like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#23 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

Did he ever use the swordfish? Can't find it

Zh6lU4d.png?1

#24 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4664 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:49 PM

He didn't.

#25 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

He didn't.

I see, maybe that'll play a part later this arc where he saves Mirio or someone else with it. 

Zh6lU4d.png?1

#26 smokingfrog

smokingfrog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:00 AM

Have those 3 percepts actually lost? I thought there was more to come...

#27 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3248 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:34 AM

I thought Suneater's quirk was silly when I first saw it, but this is amazing.

I wonder if his proficiency with a "feature" is limited to know much he ate of the substance, though. If it isn't, he could just carry around flecks of digestible metals. Also, he needs to get into the habit of eating bugs.  :lol:

• Ajh77 and PunkHazard like this

#28 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19163 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

I thought Suneater's quirk was silly when I first saw it, but this is amazing.

You dare to think Hawk-sama's ability is silly? He wrecks the whole Nanatsu no Taizai verse on daily basis.

Also, he needs to get into the habit of eating bugs. :lol:

Yah, some insects have pretty crazy abilities (at least with regard to their sizes). And not insect but isn't there a kind of mantis (or shrimp) whose punch is like super fast?

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#29 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

You dare to think Hawk-sama's ability is silly? He wrecks the whole Nanatsu no Taizai verse on daily basis.

Yah, some insects have pretty crazy abilities (at least with regard to their sizes). And not insect but isn't there a kind of mantis (or shrimp) whose punch is like super fast?

You are talking about the most badass creature of all time Mantis Shrimp. Their punch creates light and heat and their eyes see ultraviolet, infrared and even possibly radio waves. It is another thing if he can actually ever eat one, althoguh japanese cuisine is a bit different than finnish potato with minced meat or fish + salt

Edited by Jekkusormi, 19 June 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#30 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

if I were sun eater id eat swarms of rhino beetles and let my inner hericross sweep entire teams.

also he should always be eating reptile for enhanced regeneration.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#31 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19163 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

It's a good Quirk. It's the eating part that is hard but...go through Hell and you reach Heaven. Hard work pays off LOL

Not sure why some is unhappy with it when it's right in the description box when his ability was first introduced.

• Tale and Saya like this

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users