742 replies to this topic

#601 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:13 PM

This is one of those times I wished I hadn’t spoiled myself.

#602 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

That was suprisinglly tragic. Expectign Sale-Sale's plan to come up and cause some shit to happen.

#603 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:01 PM

Food for thought:

Is Wobble nen beast the Jellyfish in 360.
The the other nen beast was just revealed.

Kacho: formless
F: wormwhole. Most likely the worm beast in 360.

Which mean the body guard killing was all by Wobble nenbeast?
Doesn't look like they were assassinated since that took everyone by surprise?

For a total of 5 nenbeast in 360?
Unless Kacho formless showed up for 6?
Or Tyson doesn't count since main body was not shown?

#604 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,011 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:13 PM

Food for thought:

Is Wobble nen beast the Jellyfish in 360.
The the other nen beast was just revealed.

Kacho: formless
F: wormwhole. Most likely the worm beast in 360.

Which mean the body guard killing was all by Wobble nenbeast?
Doesn't look like they were assassinated since that took everyone by surprise?

For a total of 5 nenbeast in 360?
Unless Kacho formless showed up for 6?
Or Tyson doesn't count since main body was not shown?

Got to be, the Jellyfish are the only ones left unidentified, and we know all Beasts except Woble's, so it's probably hers.

The first batch of bodyguard's was probably killed by it, the latter murders where on Silent Majority's part, I think. Although the two abilities look weirdly similar.

• /2aw likes this

#605 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:24 PM

https://external-pre...b072b75059b741e

Updated chart

• Oben and /2aw like this

#606 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:37 PM

Man, that was one heck of a bleak chapter.

Melody is going to be crushed once she finds out what happened.  The plan was a complete failure.  Poor girls. ;_;

I kinda expected the image in T's head to rot. :P

• Raiden likes this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#607 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,167 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:55 AM

Togashi's favorite movie is Alien where people are put in limited space and die off one by one.

Well, that's pretty telling of this arc LOL Not that we expect anything different though

I'm just waiting for all the highs, shits get real, cruel murders and psychological fucking. Gonna be delicious! Among them is Hisoka :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Raiden, Ajh77 and Jekkusormi like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#608 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:11 PM

Finally read the chapter at last, I gotta say that Kachou's death was both sad and unexpected.

That ending sure sure as hell was confusing, I didn't think that Kachou's nen beast would form a clone of her and I didn't believe that was possible.

Since wasn't it stated previously that if the original host dies, then doesn't the nen beast dies too?

That said, I wonder if some nen users would be able to see through this fake Kachou clone. Like Melody for one, her heartbeat ability should be able to tell that this new Kachou is fake.

I am just wondering if this multi tentacled beast thing, that prevented the sisters escape shown here:

https://www.mangapan...x-hunter/383/14

Could possibly be the King's own nen beast. I have a suspicion that the King may have a nen beast possibly given the way how he easily blocked Halkenburg's bullet last chapter.

#609 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,011 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:49 AM

Since wasn't it stated previously that if the original host dies, then doesn't the nen beast dies too?

It's a joint ability with Fugetsu, so I'd assume it will vanish when she dies. Nen getting stronger after death is also a thing.

That said, I wonder if some nen users would be able to see through this fake Kachou clone. Like Melody for one, her heartbeat ability should be able to tell that this new Kachou is fake.

There's really no way of telling yet without knowing the specifics. But Kurtopi's Nen-copies can't be told from the real thing for example, so this might be similar.

I am just wondering if this multi tentacled beast thing, that prevented the sisters escape shown here:

https://www.mangapan...x-hunter/383/14

My guess is that it's built into the Urn, since the King is (most likely) participating himself, he shouldn't be the one controlling the exit.

Could possibly be the King's own nen beast. I have a suspicion that the King may have a nen beast possibly given the way how he easily blocked Halkenburg's bullet last chapter.

We already know his Nen Beast, it was the very first one revealed.
http://mangaseeonlin...49-page-10.html
Not that I blame you for forgetting, that was four years ago :xD:

Edited by Oben, 08 October 2018 - 01:50 AM.

#610 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

So chapter said 1st and 2nd prince did not attend

Yet Melody flue page showed their faces?

So where they at the banquet?

2nd note: what happens if it the other way around, if Fugetsu died?
Does her tunnel nenbeast remains after her death, since Kacho would replace Fugetsu?

#611 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

Yes it would stay. Melody was able to affect everyone on deck.

#612 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:44 AM

This is one of those times I wished I hadn’t spoiled myself.

Funnily enough I always read the spoilers of the few manga I read but I completely forgot HxH was back and was only reminded when I saw this thread active yesterday although that did very slightly spoil the twist since I saw someones post about Kacho being a nen-beast but at least I didn't have much more context than that so the twist was equally as effective.

So chapter said 1st and 2nd prince did not attend

Yet Melody flue page showed their faces?

So where they at the banquet?

The next few pages after Melody's double page spread shows that people (security guards) outside the banquet hall were effected by the performance and there's a notable panel focusing on an intercom speaker so I assume the entire banquet was broadcast to either the entire VIP floor or to the rooms of the princes (more specifically the rooms that they're currently occupying) not in attendance.

Spoiler

• YyAoMmIi, /2aw and PunkHazard like this

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#613 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:41 PM

That was such a sad chapter, but while reading it I felt that it would end badly for them. I just couldn't see anyone truly escaping from this situation, and you figure that with that ceremony room with the coffins that all or nearly all of the princes are going to face death in order to fulfill whatever that ceremony is. Still, Kacho really turned into one of the more interesting princes given her first appearance. She really loved her sister and her nen beast was a manifestation of that. The hands coming out of the darkness kind of reminded me of the many hands of the King's nen beast. I wonder if it was his beast's ability that didn't let them escape, but it is probably just related to the ceremony. I wonder how they will retrieve Kacho's body if they need it for the ceremony too.

And that page with Melody playing the flute was really nice. She has been getting some nice focus in this arc so far and it was nice to see some more of her abilities on display, but man, Togashi is brutal. He killed Momoze in such a horrific way and now he kills another young girl in Kacho in a really tragic one. Also Keeney sacrificing himself in what ended up being a fruitless effort was tragic as well.

Also in the previous chapter it was cool seeing Halkenburg get serious in wanting to try and get the King to stop the succession battle. Even going as far as trying to kill the King and himself. The page where his nen beast caught the bullet made me think so much of Jojo, haha. Now he is serious in trying to win the battle by taking out the princes that are a threat to the others it seems. Also with his own nen ability being awakened and how unstoppable it is I wonder how the other princes will deal with him. It will be fun seeing his follower infiltrate the first prince's group and plans though going forward.

#614 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:55 PM

Chapter 384 Spoilers:

https://bakadata.com...er-384-spoiler/

#615 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:29 AM

Ch384: https://readms.net/r...nter/384/5404/1

After last chapter I can't imagine Theta's plan succeeding.

I wonder who's the greater genius between Ging and Tserridneich.

Also, can anybody clarify the nature of Tserridneich's new nen-beast? Did he form a second distinct one that's more closely aligned with him compared to the usually independent beasts or is this part of his Hatsu? I'm leaning toward the former since Theta made clear that he's mastered Ren & Ten and is only learning Zetsu now without mentioning his Hatsu development. Does that mean Tserridneich will have 2 nen-beasts AND a hatsu ability? That's too crazy. Between Halkenburg randomly developing a Hatsu and this it feels like it's a 3 man race in the succession war between Ben, Tserry & Halk.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 12 October 2018 - 04:29 AM.

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#616 Hikari-Senca

Hikari-Senca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:32 AM

I always dread when Tserriednich shows up... I swear that out all of the crazy shit that's going on during this trip, he might be the biggest wild card that will affect future events of this arc. Even more so than the Spiders/Hisoka.

• /2aw and Abaroxa like this

#617 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,011 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:45 AM

I like how smoothly the Spiders are getting slotted into the succession war, if they manage to kill Morena, they'll be right up before Tserriednich already.

Poor Theta, I don't think she'll survive the next two chapters.

Also, can anybody clarify the nature of Tserridneich's new nen-beast? Did he form a second distinct one that's more closely aligned with him compared to the usually independent beasts or is this part of his Hatsu? I'm leaning toward the former since Theta made clear that he's mastered Ren & Ten and is only learning Zetsu now without mentioning his Hatsu development. Does that mean Tserridneich will have 2 nen-beasts AND a hatsu ability? That's too crazy. Between Halkenburg randomly developing a Hatsu and this it feels like it's a 3 man race in the succession war between Ben, Tserry & Halk.

He can't see it (and he should be able to see it if it didn't come from the urn, I think?), so it might be more like the first one... Hard to tell though, it does remind me of Pitou's abilities were he had different dolls doing different things.

They'll all nuke each other into the ocean and then Queen Woble shall reign supreme ^^

Edited by Oben, 12 October 2018 - 06:19 AM.

#618 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:06 AM

Morena's mafia family attacked the other family, but they can still negotiate peace if it turns out that Morena wasn't around. If it turns out that she was around, then it will be interpreted as all-out war between the families. If the Phantom Troupe helps kill Morena's hitman, then they will also be considered to be part of that all-out war. But if the Phantom Troupe can find Morena in the lower decks and kill her, that could end the war quickly.

Thank Reddit for that summary. Terrorsandwich doesn’t know he’s making a Nen beast. He’s that gifted.

#619 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:28 AM

lmao terrosandwich.... but man his nen beast freaks me out every time I see it but I really wanna see what it does if you lie. I like how it is smart enough to find what Theta was saying fishy. Like it was like "turning off you nen is the path to mastery....b*tch you must think I was born yesterday"

So I take it her plan is to hurry up and try to get him to master zetsu, and once he does, and he completely shuts off his aura then theta will just murder him. Also if that random nen beast isn't going to be his Hatsu who boy he is going to be some trouble. I wonder what kinda hatsu he would pick. He likes cutting up people so maybe something related to that. 

My Manga

The sad reality of my favorite Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#620 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:02 PM

Good but tense chapter, first of all the Phantom Troupe - it has become more and more clear why they're working with the mafia. Theyre using them and fodder to try to scout out Hisoka deck by deck. Its more logistics more than anything else tbh.

Now that they look somewhat commited to finding the assassin and Morena, I really wonder how their encounter with the Hei-li family will go. Their mindset and ability to disrupt the system is at least somewhat compatible.

Even the bosses seem to have realized that involving the Troupe is a huge risk. They have allegiance to no one but themselves. It could end up very ugly. Especially now that they know more about the pathway to the deck with the princes. It was interesting how Nobunaga mentioned the fourth Prince.

I wonder how Hisoka is evading capture. He almost certainly ain't in the first deck, Mizai and the army has been sweeping the second deck, the third deck is under Morenas control and currently being scanned to find her. He's not in the fifth deck, so I am guessing he could be in deck four. The deck we have see the least of so far.

Not to sure how I feel about Tserreidnich have a second nen beast. Man as he isn't already overpowered enough before getting a second beast. Seeing as the guy just developed a hatsu without even realizing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users